Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Thief hate rant.

NightThiefNightThief
Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,110
edited 8:11AM October 7, 2018 in Thief
Okaaay, just need to let this out ere before someone else does >=/

Now I want to begin by saying we are all entitled to our own opinion, which is rightfully so. We all have our preferences and dislikes and we shouldn't be forced to do something that we shouldn't

In this case i'm talking about class preference - we are all allowed to pick what class we want, but there are a few people out there discouraging to play Thief because they are "the weakest class"! Well of course that is all subjective, but in terms of DPS we are most definitely not the weakest, we got our flaws and there are classes better yes I agree with all of that, but we are by no means useless, if you wanna kick me for being a Thief then go right ahead!

To top that off there are people out here telling people to not waste their time playing the Thief class because they "don't perform as well as the others"... I say screw that and play what ever the hell you want to play, If you don't enjoy something you don't gotta play it, and I'm definitely maining Thief because it is what I honestly enjoy!

We get the point already, Thief is not everybody's cup of tea, but you don't have to play the class, if you like assassination based classes play it, if you prefer close range fast classes then go ahead and play it! I've played CMS2 enough to know that they still have their uses and can still perform well if you know how to play it Also with awakening on the horizon, we definitely hold our own!

I'm not talking about only the forum by the way, it's all over Reddit and YouTube too.

An example of what i mean is:
"f your looking for a fun class to play, Thief is 100% of the best you can find in ms2. It is a class clearly built for pvp and only shines in that area. If you are however trying to play Thief as a main class and trying to even come close to being a useful member of your team, you better reroll immediately, as this class has way too many things to manage, all while having to watch out for boss mechanics. All of this work, and only thing you get paid with is that you barely even APPROACH the dps of other classes playing at the same level.

Edit: It's even an extremely squishy melee class, and needs to level two weapons which are combined weaker than a two hander. There is literally no benefit to playing thief besides pvp and having fun with a fun class, which you will not really be having if you care about pve in at all."

You see that? All subjective opinions! Not everyone will enjoy the thief class either, it all depends on the man/woman that is behind the keyboard or controller!

I will for sure be making an alt Rune Blader on release but I will forever stay faithful to the thief life - PEACE!
PastaShawnyyRuujiElderGoblinMeso_ManDefraglifeOldwargoat39

Comments

• KriptiniKriptini
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,105
    Think of it this way - the more hate Thief gets and the more the community complains about it, the more likely they are to be buffed. If you truly care about Thieves, don't ever defend them. Make sure you complain about them as much as possible.
    VanzKappa_123TassyPetitSlightlyGrimChaoticMaNaManitarezimuyoHuemanjeeno
  • NightThiefNightThief
    Kriptini wrote: »
    Think of it this way - the more hate Thief gets and the more the community complains about it, the more likely they are to be buffed. If you truly care about Thieves, don't ever defend them. Make sure you complain about them as much as possible.

That isn't the point i'm bringing and proves that you clearly did NOT read my post.

Sigh...
    ElderGoblinjeeno
  • ToweringPeachToweringPeach
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 830
    Unfortunately, the community does still have a point. You can play a class even if it's under performing compared to every other class, but on that same hand if a person is looking for a class with "big boy deeps" or "does damage", Thief is not going to be one of the first mentioned. I haven't seen people actively kicking thieves but I wouldn't doubt it's an improbability if the class isn't addressed.
  • MillnMilln
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,225
    edited 7:39AM October 8, 2018
    Oh, I get it. This is a rant about people hating Thief (Thief Hate), not a hate rant on Thief.
    NightThief
  • NightThiefNightThief
    Unfortunately, the community does still have a point. You can play a class even if it's under performing compared to every other class, but on that same hand if a person is looking for a class with "big boy deeps" or "does damage", Thief is not going to be one of the first mentioned. I haven't seen people actively kicking thieves but I wouldn't doubt it's an improbability if the class isn't addressed.

Thats the point i'm giving dude, I'm not saying that thief is in any way the best class man. I'm saying i'm tired of people bashing the class and telling everyone to not play it. You've gotta read my whole post first.
    ElderGoblin
  • ToweringPeachToweringPeach
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 830
    NightThief wrote: »

Thats the point i'm giving dude, I'm not saying that thief is in any way the best class man. I'm saying i'm tired of people bashing the class and telling everyone to not play it. You've gotta read my whole post first.
    No.

Point still stands, however. If it bothers you then mute or change your class
  • NightThiefNightThief
    edited 1:38AM October 9, 2018

No.

Point still stands, however. If it bothers you then mute or change your class

You obviously, BLATANTLY did not read ANY of my post, anyway do w/e you want.

ToweringPeach
  • suchalameosuchalameo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 500

If they buff thieves when they're not actually bad people are just bad, then it will become over-tuned; then it will get properly nerfed. A majority can tilt wrong decisions that lead to self fulfilling prophecies.
  • NightThiefNightThief
    edited 2:22AM October 9, 2018
    suchalameo wrote: »

If they buff thieves when they're not actually bad people are just bad, then it will become over-tuned; then it will get properly nerfed. A majority can tilt wrong decisions that lead to self fulfilling prophecies.

I never once said they shouldn't buff thieves, I'm jsut calling out the people that trash talk the class and what ever.

I do agree with a buff but i certainly do not agree with certain peoples ways of going about things.

I will still main thief, and not because of the difficulty, I'm going to main it just because i enjoy close range assassin based classes. Not really into long range...

But yeah @suchalameo, people go about things in such a difficult manner, there is constructive criticism and stating that the class isn't the best, and i'm fully aware of that - and then there's certain people that downgrade the class and tell everyone to never even bother with the class and that is honestly downgrading!
  • KriptiniKriptini
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,105
    suchalameo wrote: »

But Thieves are bad. Play with highly skilled players and you will see this.
  • MarionniMarionni
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 800
    I'm perfectly happy with the damage I'm doing. I've played thief classes since the very first days of MS1 and cannot ever imagine playing anything else but a thief. I started with an assassin in 2006 and tried every other class too. Thief (sin or dit) will always be the one class I come back to. I would much rather do four quick hits of 500, rather than have a slow gigantic cannon that does the 2000 damage in one blow. I love quick, agile movement - even outside of battle. I like to navigate maps, jump, climb, move as fast as possible.

I haven't personally experienced the hate and honestly.. Just let it slide. Don't put effort into things that aren't worth your time ok? Just stop caring altogether. You play for you, not for anyone else's opinion.
    RuujiNightThiefElderGoblinMeso_ManKayRiftVanzVaIkyries
  • RuujiRuuji
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 610
    Yeah, this is my only regret having made a thief as my main, but other than that I also enjoy playing him a lot.

And on that note, I would rather avoid people that hate on thieves that much altogether, they can't be good people for caring this much about that.

KA5GaEv.jpg
  • NightThiefNightThief
    edited 6:39AM October 10, 2018
    Marionni wrote: »
    I'm perfectly happy with the damage I'm doing. I've played thief classes since the very first days of MS1 and cannot ever imagine playing anything else but a thief. I started with an assassin in 2006 and tried every other class too. Thief (sin or dit) will always be the one class I come back to. I would much rather do four quick hits of 500, rather than have a slow gigantic cannon that does the 2000 damage in one blow. I love quick, agile movement - even outside of battle. I like to navigate maps, jump, climb, move as fast as possible.

I haven't personally experienced the hate and honestly.. Just let it slide. Don't put effort into things that aren't worth your time ok? Just stop caring altogether. You play for you, not for anyone else's opinion.
    Ruuji wrote: »
    Yeah, this is my only regret having made a thief as my main, but other than that I also enjoy playing him a lot.

And on that note, I would rather avoid people that hate on thieves that much altogether, they can't be good people for caring this much about that.

KA5GaEv.jpg

Guess i'll just have to deal with this then xD. I will never abandon my Thief 100%. Always been a main to this type of class since I grew up from liking heavy weapon wielding classes, (FlyFF days as a knight). I eventually became in love with Yo-Yo jester because it was the only class with the Assassin type of feel and ever since I've had a taste of that, I've mostly played Close quarter combat Assassins!

The only other gripe I have now is that in a lot of KMS2 videos, is that Thieves are rarely in parties. Even strikers get invited(rarely) but I see them every now and then!

Anyway, comments that finally make sense, thanks guys!
  • MillnMilln
    edited 6:40AM October 10, 2018
    I got called out for playing Poison build on Thief in a Blueshade run by a Berserker once and it was implied that he/she wasn't happy with me. I asked for their damage for the end of the run and they didn't respond. The MVP thing at the end happened to highlight my damage as highest that run.

GG forgettable berserker player. May you one day not parrot what you read on the internet.
    NightThiefOldwargoat39
  • NightThiefNightThief
    Milln wrote: »
    I got called out for playing Poison build on Thief in a Blueshade run by a Berserker once and it was implied that he/she wasn't happy with me. I asked for their damage for the end of the run and they didn't respond. The MVP thing at the end happened to highlight my damage as highest that run.

GG forgettable berserker player. May you one day not parrot what you read on the internet.

Play what you enjoy right? At the end of the day if a particular person doesn't understand what the class entails, then he needs to shhh and stick to what he knows lol!
  • MillnMilln

Play what you enjoy right? At the end of the day if a particular person doesn't understand what the class entails, then he needs to shhh and stick to what he knows lol!

Not only do I enjoy it better, I have convinced myself that the build is worth playing and does very similar, if not more damage in a dungeon environment. I just need to find the rotation. If I had the formula for elemental types of damage, i'd be a happy Accel. I'm convinced that the calculation on poison type damage is different and pulls from different stats than the physical attack damage type. I know that "Physical Attack" still at least *factors in* on the poison equation, but not by how much and it's not consistent based on other things. I can double one hit, but only get a 6k increase on another.... I just want the math, haha.
  • HybristicHybristic
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 530
    Age old debate dating back to GMS. For a long while, the only value from a CB was Meso Explosion, and once that got nerfed and 4th job was released, Shadowers became a second class citizen for a long time. Nexon even added delays to things like BoomStep. If you weren't a NL you were useless. Yet I could solo most things due to Meso Guard, and the iframes given through BStep. Play what you want to play, and enjoy the game. If you learn how to properly use a thief in MS2 you can be very valuable. I just ran a level 50 dungeon with 2 archers and knight and I was the one that got the reward at the end and 24m experience.

I think the hardest part of being a thief is if you have a squishy party, it's hard to draw agro away from other players, and even if you do you can't tank the damage. But, if you have one tank the DoT you can keep on boss enemies can be really useful, and if you stack right, Surprise Attack does considerable and you can use it pretty regularly.
  • lillucariolillucario
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,895
    edited 10:06AM October 11, 2018

Yea I'm still not sure which build is actually so much better even after getting my Thief to 60 first. Full poison build was doing me lots of good in FD so I would like to assume the same is true not that we have max Guile. But almost max Vicious Cuts passive might be better... Time to test for weeks.

The only thing I personally don't like about Thief is that we have to put in so much work just to put in comparable if not more damage while other jobs (like archer and such) literally just hold 1 button and nearly match it. But other than that I love this job and plan to play it always regardless of the hate
  • MillnMilln
    lillucario wrote: »

Yea I'm still not sure which build is actually so much better even after getting my Thief to 60 first. Full poison build was doing me lots of good in FD so I would like to assume the same is true not that we have max Guile. But almost max Vicious Cuts passive might be better... Time to test for weeks.

The only thing I personally don't like about Thief is that we have to put in so much work just to put in comparable if not more damage while other jobs (like archer and such) literally just hold 1 button and nearly match it. But other than that I love this job and plan to play it always regardless of the hate

Yup! And the more skill points lets us play around with the idea of utilizing one of our three self-buffs, too. Level 60 is a huge boon.

I feel ya on the second bit, but hey, it's what we signed up for! We didn't show up to hold down one button we signed up for effort because it *feels good*, ya know?
  • NightThiefNightThief
    Don't get it twisted though, we still deserve a buff and thats for sure! It's just people be little the class way too much for what they can actually do!