Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Constant disconnections, Error 10053

Comments

• philosophenomphilosophenom
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 820
    Anybody know where to even submit a ticket? I went on the pages but the button was even on them.
  • EiseiEisei
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 810
    edited 5:02PM October 8, 2018
    Anybody know where to even submit a ticket? I went on the pages but the button was even on them.

https://support-maplestory2.nexon.net/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=39075&ticketFieldId=24325885&dropdownValue=disconnection
    philosophenomNominosRaphaelOneal
    Eisei wrote: »

https://support-maplestory2.nexon.net/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=39075&ticketFieldId=24325885&dropdownValue=disconnection

Thanks love
    Nominos
  • KleKle
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 210
    This is stupid.
    philosophenom
  • NominosNominos
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,180
    It appears Nexon does not care to reply to this... they are either busy fixing it (Best case scenario), busy ignoring us (likely scenario) or don't care (worst case scenario).
    I opened a ticket... im through more than a handful of GMs at this point, and nothing...
    philosophenom
  • NominosNominos
    Actually at 9:32 they said
    "Error 10053

We have narrowed down the issue on this disconnection issue. The main cause of the issue is an unstable internet connection or connection issue with your ISP to our servers.

We are looking into a solution where we can gracefully handle the short disconnections which can occur while you are playing the game. No ETA on the solution yet, but we will try to update as soon as we have the date for the fix.

Meanwhile, we're working on a mega post with all potential solutions and we'll share this shortly."

ps... i have done a traceroute multiple times, it dies WELL after it leaves xfinity... but hey what do i know. I will wait patiently for their next fix... hopefully it is before the games official release, since we paid to get 10 days of not being able to play the game.
    KeebsRaphaelOneal
  • KeebsKeebs
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 230
    Nominos wrote: »
    we paid to get 10 days of not being able to play the game.

philosophenomNominos
  • GreenSoup2HoTGreenSoup2HoT
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,300
    just started getting this error as of yesturday. i submitted a ticket. i have a networking technician for a brother and 3 hardcore gamers who play games such as Word of Warcraft / Heros of the Storm competitively. Which means we need 100% stable internet. Something is up with maplestory.
    RaphaelOnealphilosophenomLuxxNominos
  • RaphaelOnealRaphaelOneal
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,450
    edited 3:16AM October 9, 2018
    Actually at 9:32 they said
    "Error 10053

We have narrowed down the issue on this disconnection issue. The main cause of the issue is an unstable internet connection or connection issue with your ISP to our servers.

We are looking into a solution where we can gracefully handle the short disconnections which can occur while you are playing the game. No ETA on the solution yet, but we will try to update as soon as we have the date for the fix.

Meanwhile, we're working on a mega post with all potential solutions and we'll share this shortly."

ps... i have done a traceroute multiple times, it dies WELL after it leaves xfinity... but hey what do i know. I will wait patiently for their next fix... hopefully it is before the games official release, since we paid to get 10 days of not being able to play the game.

a short disconnection solution where they keep you temporarily signed in until the internet connects again. It seems they do a full kick if theres a short disconnection. Basically they need a short disconnection notice instead of a full on crash from the client. While you are in the client there should instead be a notice saying "unable to connect please wait" in either your chat box or a msg box on top of your window. Or a loading bar. This is usually common in other MMORPGs or online games which prevents users from fully crashing from the client.

Or in other MMOs you notice that sometimes you cant attack or your chat is delayed for a short bit. This is due to a short disconection in part with your isp and connecting to the servers. The server then tries to re-connect you back in the background and you notice your connection has returned back into the game.

Usually games temporarily store the users data on the server when the player disconnects, then when they reconnect, transfer those values back to the player such as exp, and the players positions before and after the disconnection has occured.

This does not always mean that at times your internet has crashed but instead is having trouble reaching the games servers and can be a variety of reasons really. And Nexon is trying not to say that its always your ISP's fault but an issue instead with how your ISP is trying to reach their servers.

This is the solution that i propose to Nexon hopefully they read my long text lol..... Should help alot of users who instantly crash upon disconnection from either the server or their internet and to prevent them from crashing over and over as once it can reach a stable connection, it will keep it that way for awhile

Thankfully it seems nexon has posted in regards to this problem and hopefully this thread can be merged with other threads to be a megathread by NXACuddles

Post on them looking into it is here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/38967/current-status-our-heartbeat-by-jungsoo-lee

I also suggest an option to disable auto login/auto character choose in options it can sometimes interfere with trying to re-login to the client and cause an instant crash out of client
    philosophenomNominos
  • DispelDispel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 350
    It's strange they say it's because of unstable connection because even when my ping sky rockets and I am really lagging on my end from my internet being trash I don't get the 10053 error however when my internet seems to be working fine I will randomly get it.
    philosophenomNominos
    edited 12:48PM October 9, 2018
    Nexon saying it's just due to internet is bs, it's clearly a problem on their end with receiving connections from certain ISP's. However, my brother got the game through steam and we're on the same exact internet with the same connection and he hasn't dc'd once. Yet I dc multiple times repeatedly. I have no idea what they're doing but they need to fix this ASAP
    LuxxRaphaelOnealNominos
  • LuxxLuxx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,255
    edited 1:30PM October 9, 2018
    We're going in circles at this point.
    People on Reddit/Discord and that Mega thing saying the same junk and I'm not going 5000 million things
    to my PC or internet when I've had 0 problems playing this game on Beta.
    You can't tell me over dozens of us are suffering this problem and it's our internet?
    Get real.
    philosophenomRaphaelOnealVivyn
    Luxx wrote: »
    We're going in circles at this point.
    People on Reddit/Discord and that Mega thing saying the same junk and I'm not going 5000 million things
    to my PC or internet when I've had 0 problems playing this game on Beta.
    You can't tell me over dozens of us are suffering this problem and it's our internet?
    Get real.

That's my logic, but honestly if they don't get to fixing this it just shows how much they care about the community.
    So it would seem the ESENT error they warn about turns out to be my problem (at least I do see that I am having this issue). However, when looking up how to solve this problem there is literally nothing even people who say they did a fresh install of W10 say they still experience this issue. Wtf.
  • B1on1cBenB1on1cBen
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 520
    Keebs wrote: »
    I saw on another forum that they said they were going to take a look at it in May. Has there been any sort of acknowledgment of this error since then? This is the most frustrating thing ever. I've got consistent good internet up and down and have no issues with any other games. I don't get it. And I don't get why it seems to only be affecting some people rather than others. I've done everything that I've seen suggested.

Yeah, it's weird how it affects some people and not others. My two brothers can play all day with no issues, but I get disconnected every 30 seconds, and we're all on the same internet connection. Very strange.
  • NominosNominos
    edited 8:10AM October 11, 2018
    So it would seem the ESENT error they warn about turns out to be my problem (at least I do see that I am having this issue). However, when looking up how to solve this problem there is literally nothing even people who say they did a fresh install of W10 say they still experience this issue. Wtf.

I will tell you, I have tried 11 different computers with different networks. Some that have the ESENT error still work and others dont... its still nonsense i believe. Make sure the error coincides to the times your dc'ing bc likely its not whats getting you.
    philosophenom

I will tell you, I have tried 11 different computers with different networks. Some that have the ESENT error still work and others dont... its still nonsense i believe. Make sure the error coincides to the times your dc'ing bc likely its not whats getting you.

Yeah, I did check and it seemed like around the time an ESENT error popped I would dc. But othertimes I would see one come up and nothing would happen and I'd play for at least a couple hours before I dc'd again. Usually I can play for a while with nothing and then I'll start getting dc's every 10-15 minutes for no reason. I did a clean install of windows (completely, erased everything and even downloaded a fresh media creation tool) and that did nothing to help fix my problem. But I sent all my network tests over to Nexon and they didn't say anything was wrong and no other game crashes due to internet like this one, so I feel like my network can't be the issue. I've done nearly everything in my power to fix this and I feel like there's a bigger story to it that Nexon isn't sure about or doesn't know how to fix. Because people with perfectly fine internet and no past of crashes on other applications are having this issue so there definitely has to be more going on. Whatever it is however, needs to be fixed immediately as I see more and more people everyday having this issue.
  • KaligathKaligath
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 380
    Lets face it there servers cant handle the influx of new players and its having issues sending data packets to everyone so those who don't get it get booted from the game its very coincidental that this error all of sudden happens once they open the server to live state if they continue to claim we need to do such and such to sort it out ill be requesting a refund on my founders pack.

The thing is i am patience when it comes to live launches and can accept that things will go amiss but what makes me lose my patience faster then anything is a company make it out as if its my fault and gives me guidance on things i need to change because of the errors i am receiving when in reality they know the issues is the influx of people yet don't want to admit they was not prepared for the influx they are getting.

I have dealt with servers in the past and i know how they work the error we are getting is basically a data packet one from the main server.
    philosophenom
    Kaligath wrote: »
    Lets face it there servers cant handle the influx of new players and its having issues sending data packets to everyone so those who don't get it get booted from the game its very coincidental that this error all of sudden happens once they open the server to live state if they continue to claim we need to do such and such to sort it out ill be requesting a refund on my founders pack.

The thing is i am patience when it comes to live launches and can accept that things will go amiss but what makes me lose my patience faster then anything is a company make it out as if its my fault and gives me guidance on things i need to change because of the errors i am receiving when in reality they know the issues is the influx of people yet don't want to admit they was not prepared for the influx they are getting.

I have dealt with servers in the past and i know how they work the error we are getting is basically a data packet one from the main server.

This is my point exactly, it's clearly a nexon error that they don't want to fess up to
  • Meno1234Meno1234
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,205
    So basically, Nexons server's can't handle the amount of network being send to them and the server's are freaking out to the point of dc'ing players so they could let more players in... I think there is a suspicious thing going on.. maybe they slowly trying to delete us all!!
    philosophenom