Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Drop rate vs. dungeon limit

ShawnyyShawnyy
Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,015
edited 5:06AM October 5, 2018 in Dungeons
Why is the drop rate so garbage? And if the drop rate is so garbage why not just remove the limit? As well as if there is a limit why the hell do we have fair fight holding us down even more? I’m all for making endgame a little harder to get but the ways they are doing it is kinda dumb and drives players away very quickly. Instead of making RESTRICTIONS to guard end game, why not adjust drop rates and remove limits to make it more desirable to farm things?
idontreallyknowmanlolisymMidbossAzrael_SAteddiiiWaterFilterFantasykittenSuperJonicPoofcatSoreph9and 1 other.

Comments

• AynixAynix
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,085
    To force you to make alts (which in some case will lead to more money for Nexon when player will want to buy outfits for alts as well)
    XXPriestXX44FantasykittenSoreph9
  • lolisymlolisym
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,830
    What an absolute joke, I've done nearly 60 runs and no purple drops. Not even a week into headstart and I'm over it.
    idontreallyknowmanSoreph9
  • MidbossMidboss
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,200
    Nexon likes to support the local meso sellers. They seem to be the gate keepers to hard dungeons, currently.
    idontreallyknowmanSproutSoreph9Alucinado
  • SproutSprout
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,540
    If they would just count the offhand towards your gear score, this entire problem would solve itself.
  • ShawnyyShawnyy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,015
    See my thing is I want to just be able to run dungeons when I feel like it on my main character. I don’t think the game should dictate that when I get off work I need to speed my way through all my dailies before reset so that I don’t miss out on count. I should be able to get off work and be able to run dungeons freely without the fear of losing out on X amount of runs that eeek because cap. I should be able to hop on Andre do lifeskills for as long as I feel like if I wanted to solely be a crafter in the game. I don’t think I should be capped out making lifeskills irrelevant because the amount of mats u need to make anything of value (such as better hp potions and other buff pots) are really high. In the current state you can only make very few potions if any when you do ur life skills and it’s not even enough to have any selling value unless you save up for months on end and even then the mesos isn’t worth it because it’s so little. On top of that most of the potions you will want to use for dungeons so it’s a double negative.

All the limits are too high and frankly shouldn’t even be in the game when u have things like fair fight and other balancing mechanics
    Soreph9
  • GaiktosuGaiktosu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 410
    The problem I foresee is people skipping dungeons until they are in their 40's so they can reliably gear up to meet the 1500 GS dungeon requirements. Effectively, this means most dungeons prior to lvl 40 will likely only be run once as part of the epic quest and then forgotten except for daily missions which you would do after your dungeon cap is burned for the day.
  • AlucinadoAlucinado
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 430
    Aynix wrote: »
    To force you to make alts (which in some case will lead to more money for Nexon when player will want to buy outfits for alts as well)

or force you to abandon the game, xD
    they are ignoring the community's request to compensate either the drop rate or the WEEKLY limit from 30 to 70, 10 per day. In reality they are betting to see if the community will continue with this frustrating way the game is. And I bet they will regret it when they see the number of players falling brutally into the statistics. wait a month and you check into STEAM
    Soreph9MommaMako
  • Soreph9Soreph9
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 705
    Alucinado wrote: »
    Aynix wrote: »

or force you to abandon the game, xD
    they are ignoring the community's request to compensate either the drop rate or the WEEKLY limit from 30 to 70, 10 per day. In reality they are betting to see if the community will continue with this frustrating way the game is. And I bet they will regret it when they see the number of players falling brutally into the statistics. wait a month and you check into STEAM

We do not have to wait for the month, since tria looks more empty than 1 week ago.
    My girlfriend and I wait a year for this game and receive us with frustration, ridiculous limits and a loot box type drop. I have not uninstalled the game, by a friend that I have, but, I was looking for another mmorpg to play.