May 27th is finally upon us. Please feel free to join us on the last day as the servers come down one by one. More details here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/46192
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation
Closed

Please Nexon update the username filter

CookiesyayCookiesyay
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,855
edited 6:18AM October 4, 2018 in General Chat
There's no reason people should be running around with names like this.

2ibyu78.jpg
VixieLuxxTseneRohunt

Comments

• AdeleciaAdelecia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,375
    Not a swear word, maybe you shouldn’t play online games if jokes offend you.
  • CookiesyayCookiesyay
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,855
    Adelecia wrote: »
    Child abuse is a joke to you? jeez
    catkinValrosNaosHeartdonorBebopTsenepeachery
  • XphobiaXphobia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,000
    Ugh, disgusting! Is there a way to get this guy permabanned, please? I don't understand how these things can even get past the filter.

This is absolutely not a joke. It doesn't have to be a swear word, this is offensive and inappropriate and should be dealt with. I'd rather not play with disgusting people such as this and if you think that name is a...joke, then I advise you to take a long, hard look in the mirror.

Good day.
    SyrusMarufujiValrosBebopTsenepeachery
  • LuxxLuxx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,255
    I have to question why you would defend a name like this....
    I'm glad someone else saw that and I also screenied and reported his name.
    Grow up please.
    VixieNaosBebopTseneJTIGpeachery
  • DiaCrusherDiaCrusher
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 610
    edited 11:01AM October 4, 2018
    There's no reason they shouldn't either, if he wasn't forced to rename it most likely didn't break any rules, damn sjws.People that can't handle a word or two shouldn't touch mmorpg anyway.
    Netrics
  • XphobiaXphobia
    edited 11:14AM October 4, 2018
    DiaCrusher wrote: »
    There's no reason they shouldn't either, if he wasn't forced to rename it most likely didn't break any rules, damn sjws.People that can't handle a word or two shouldn't touch mmorpg anyway.

It's not up to you to decide whether someone can handle it or not. You can report players for inappropriate names, therefore you should report them. Is that name appropriate to you if you worked for a company? No. I don't care what name you think is funny and cool for your own personal reasons but the definite answer is no. How could you carelessly call anyone an "SJW" for not approving of something that is objectively disgusting?

Honestly wish I didn't read this thread it's upsetting me. At this rate I'd prefer it if we were only allowed to use Japanese anime names since I'm comfortable with those. *I'm sorry. I'm not being mean and I'm not harassing anyone. I'm just really upset, okay?
  • DiaCrusherDiaCrusher
    Xphobia wrote: »

It's not up to you to decide whether someone can handle it or not. You can report players for inappropriate names, therefore you should report them. Is that name appropriate to you if you worked for a company? No. I don't care what name you think is funny and cool for your own personal reasons but the definite answer is no. How could you carelessly call anyone an "SJW" for not approving of something that is objectively disgusting?

Honestly wish I didn't read this thread it's upsetting me. At this rate I'd prefer it if we were only allowed to use Japanese anime names since I'm comfortable with those. *I'm sorry. I'm not being mean and I'm not harassing anyone. I'm just really upset, okay?

It's not up to you to decide what i should or shouldn't do, a single word is that offensive to you even when used as a joke?Was right when called you and op sjws, snowflake, what's next, you're going to get triggered because someone names their character Cancer?It's people like you are reason for unnecessary censoring everywhere lately.Same could be done with japanese terms/anime names, someone names their character Lolicon-you go REEEEEEE and report them just because it "offended" you.
  • XphobiaXphobia

It's not up to you to decide what i should or shouldn't do, a single word is that offensive to you even when used as a joke?Was right when called you and op sjws, snowflake, what's next, you're going to get triggered because someone names their character Cancer?It's people like you are reason for unnecessary censoring everywhere lately.Same could be done with japanese terms/anime names, someone names their character Lolicon-you go REEEEEEE and report them just because it "offended" you.

I'm saying it's up to a GM or Moderator to deem it inappropriate or not, it's not up to me either. Jokes are received differently by everybody. I'm sure if I made a joke about your dead mother during her funeral, some people would be appropriately upset. Are those people SJWs?

I'm sorry that what I said offended you. I'm sorry you feel this way. Please don't be angry with me.
  • DiaCrusherDiaCrusher
    edited 11:45AM October 4, 2018

I'm saying it's up to a GM or Moderator to deem it inappropriate or not, it's not up to me either. Jokes are received differently by everybody. I'm sure if I made a joke about your dead mother during her funeral, some people would be appropriately upset. Are those people SJWs?

I'm sorry that what I said offended you. I'm sorry you feel this way. Please don't be angry with me.

Nope, you did not offend me, because unlike you i'm not an oversensitive person.And i doubt that, i can also make a joke about my dead mother, she wasn't buried, she was roasted(cremated).My point was, all that politcorrect mindset of society nowadays is quite annoying and people are too sensitive nowadays, to the point where they get offended by someone memeing/jokeing by pretending to be a child predator in a damn videogame, from what i've understood from the screen, at least,
  • XphobiaXphobia

Nope, you did not offend me, because unlike you i'm not an oversensitive person.And i doubt that, i can also make a joke about my dead mother, she wasn't buried, she was roasted(cremated).My point was, all that politcorrect mindset of society nowadays is quite annoying and people are too sensitive nowadays, to the point where they get offended by someone memeing/jokeing by pretending to be a child predator in a damn videogame, from what i've understood from the screen, at least,

Why don't you ask what a GM/CM/VFM thinks, then?

And wow you have a complete disregard for human life. I'm not sure if I should be amazed or scared of you. I'm sorry for being a baby now let's have a good day today. See you, take care.
  • DiaCrusherDiaCrusher
    edited 11:58AM October 4, 2018

Why don't you ask what a GM/CM/VFM thinks, then?

And wow you have a complete disregard for human life. I'm not sure if I should be amazed or scared of you. I'm sorry for being a baby now let's have a good day today. See you, take care.

Well, trying to prove who is right there is a waste of time indeed, human life is not as important as some make it out to be, so i guess neither, everyone has their own values.

And i don't ask what a GM/CM thinks because there's none in this thread and i know none of them, not that i'm interested in their opinion.
  • LuxxLuxx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,255
    edited 12:08PM October 4, 2018
    Y I K E S .
  • Goldy01Goldy01
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    On the one hand, that particular name sure leaves a sour taste in a game targeted at a young audience.

On the other hand, calling out other players is not allowed on the forums.
    I recommend in the future, just report the person and move on :3 staff surely will take action.
  • NoppyNoppy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 640
    Pfft, I ran across this guy once.
  • AieAie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,310
    the fact that disliking this name and thinking it should be removed is "SJW" honestly makes me the most worried out of everything in this thread
    LuxxcatkinKnightingKhalykSyrusMarufujiHeartdonorTseneHasoriJTIGpeachery
  • idontreallyknowmanidontreallyknowman
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,060
    edited 3:11PM October 4, 2018
    I don't see any problem with the name.

Unless they're openly going on about how it's okay to be a pedo I really don't think it's causing any harm, it's a word that's all it is.
  • XphobiaXphobia
    edited 4:02PM October 4, 2018
    I don't see any problem with the name.

Unless they're openly going on about how it's okay to be a pedo I really don't think it's causing any harm, it's a word that's all it is.

If my name gets banned, then theirs should not be allowed, either.
    DilBertGreen
  • RoxxRoxx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,105
    edited 4:22AM October 5, 2018
    pretty simple, they forced a Username Change on someone here in the forum that had the Word Hentai in it.
    Rename that guy and if he breaks the rules again give him a time ban.
  • DiaCrusherDiaCrusher
    Aie wrote: »
    the fact that disliking this name and thinking it should be removed is "SJW" honestly makes me the most worried out of everything in this thread

Bit of a late answer, i said nothing about the "disliking", should be removed?Yeah, sjw and censoring too much, i mean, as far as i know the game has no age rating(correct me if i'm wrong) but devs could use the dragon's dogma solution to display the "safe" name that user can choose to players with sfw filter/parental control.
  • AieAie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,310
    Aie wrote: »

Bit of a late answer, i said nothing about the "disliking", should be removed?Yeah, sjw and censoring too much, i mean, as far as i know the game has no age rating(correct me if i'm wrong) but devs could use the dragon's dogma solution to display the "safe" name that user can choose to players with sfw filter/parental control.

lol...
    JTIG
This discussion has been closed.