Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Doubts on Thief

InferusInferus
Maplestory 2 Rep: 600
edited 12:40PM October 3, 2018 in Thief
I wanna know if someone has information on thief on official release, did they fixed or buffed the class? Or if it's worth to play it.

Also, surprise attack build is efficient or is better to let the poison do the damage?

Comments

• KriptiniKriptini
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 875
    Thief is still hot garbage. Don't play this class in PvE.

Always use Surprise Attack when you can, it does way more damage than the pathetic DoTs from Edge and Vial. If you decide to so the Surprise Attack build, you'll want to throw your Vial, get a Cunning proc, apply 1 stack of Edge, refresh Vial if you need to then immediately unleash Surprise Attack. If you manage to proc Cunning early you can fill with Vicious Cuts until Surprise Attack comes up.

In my testing I have found that the Surprise build does not outperform the Haste build - they are fairly equal in terms of damage output. Both do FAR better than dedicated poison builds, though. Thief's poison DoTs are not strong enough to warrant builds dedicated to them.
  • NightThiefNightThief
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 805
    edited 8:25AM October 3, 2018
    It's not the strongest class but it doesn't mean it's garbage. Don't listen to what people say, if you are up to playing a challenging class, it just means you have a brain and you are able to take up the challenge. Play what you prefer, but if you don't want to play a challenge, then the thief isn't for you, wait for another quick paced dps class to come out.

P.S, we do get better when awakening comes.

I will most definitely play this class, I'm not going to force myself to play something I don't like =D. I'll also keep Rune Blader as my secondary/alt
    Inferus
  • MareSEphemeralMareSEphemeral
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,670
    No change from beta from what I can see.

But it's a fun class, that's all I'll say about.

I use surprise attack in my rotations. It doesn't cost a lot of spirit and it serves as a reminder to rethrow vial.
    Inferus
  • InferusInferus
    Kriptini wrote: »
    Thief is still hot garbage. Don't play this class in PvE.

Always use Surprise Attack when you can, it does way more damage than the pathetic DoTs from Edge and Vial. If you decide to so the Surprise Attack build, you'll want to throw your Vial, get a Cunning proc, apply 1 stack of Edge, refresh Vial if you need to then immediately unleash Surprise Attack. If you manage to proc Cunning early you can fill with Vicious Cuts until Surprise Attack comes up.

In my testing I have found that the Surprise build does not outperform the Haste build - they are fairly equal in terms of damage output. Both do FAR better than dedicated poison builds, though. Thief's poison DoTs are not strong enough to warrant builds dedicated to them.

I think is not garbage, but from what i saw and played the effort of playing the class don't beat others DPS, but what are your thoughts on aweakening?
  • InferusInferus
    No change from beta from what I can see.

But it's a fun class, that's all I'll say about.

I use surprise attack in my rotations. It doesn't cost a lot of spirit and it serves as a reminder to rethrow vial.

Mars, can you tell me your build? I used surprise and haste but i think it did not work well
  • MareSEphemeralMareSEphemeral
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,670
    Inferus wrote: »
    Mars, can you tell me your build? I used surprise and haste but i think it did not work well

This is what I use. You may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like for a thief.
    lol well maybe not, some people would probably disagree with my build.

jpPhdt9.jpg
    Inferus