Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

UGC Rules and Reporting

Comments

• Pineapple1124Pineapple1124
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,725
    Zanee wrote: »
    About this, I saw many 'akatsuki stuff' but all stolen/copied and just bad quality. So I took it upon myself to design something better, and made some original hand drawn akatsuki/naruto content in photoshop, in regards to being unique, completely. I even called it 'Trainingsuit' etc, to stay clear from copyright naming.

After I sold quite abit, and my many hours of designing paid off, it got taken down automaticly. And I lost 15k meret credits, roughly bit more than €100~. I asked about the policy and in the chat I only got the response: "You shouldn't use real life images". Where that comment came from, nobody knows since it was hand drawn completely from scratch.

As far as I know, the system just deletes automatically whenever it gets too many reports. Let's say you're having an argument with a random, and the guy goes to report your items with his whole guild, boom - item taken down. You lost your credits.

Because if this 'team' of agents really looked carefully, they'd notice right away that my content was genuine and unique. Unlike the 100 other people selling and stealing eachothers template with bad quality. Oh fun fact, those people are still selling in-game.

Only Akatsuki design that I considered appropriate was Akatsuki trademark replaced with the Maple Leaf logo. Like that's his original design idea partially derived from his favorite anime.
  • Sir_AshtonSir_Ashton
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 550
    So in short from what I'm seeing here is I need to create tons of signatures /hidden things in my original work to try to use as proof of someone stealing the design... sigh
  • PotPot
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 650
    Inb4 they just remove the design feature of MS2. Just deal with it, it is the same way in real life. People will make fakes or steal and resell.
  • MS2IntroductionMS2Introduction
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,430
    edited 3:38PM October 21, 2018
    If you're not going to properly police free content creation, Nexon, remove the monetization of it entirely. It's supposed to be used for people to express themselves and share cool creations they made, but the monetization of it is simply encouraging scummy and predatory behavior. No reason not to steal when there is so much profit and there are no consequences. Monetizing to encourage content creators only really works when the creators are protected; otherwise you get this shitshow that may ultimately just kill off the design shop.

You'd think Nexon would be more on top of something that is directly related to their ability to make $$$. Why spend $50 buying merets when you can steal a templates, use a free voucher, and then claim and sell it as your own with no consequence with the potential to make upwards of $100 in merets? Ridiculous.
    JoTheWeirdoSyrusMarufujiIritokiidontreallyknowmanYamsDarkpixie99mewberi
  • KiudaKiuda
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 530
    If you're not going to properly police free content creation, Nexon, remove the monetization of it entirely. It's supposed to be used for people to express themselves and share cool creations they made, but the monetization of it is simply encouraging scummy and predatory behavior. No reason not to steal when there is so much profit and there are no consequences. Monetizing to encourage content creators only really works when the creators are protected; otherwise you get this shitshow that may ultimately just kill off the design shop.

You'd think Nexon would be more on top of something that is directly related to their ability to make $$$. Why spend $50 buying merets when you can steal a templates, use a free voucher, and then claim and sell it as your own with no consequence with the potential to make upwards of $100 in merets? Ridiculous.

There is a penalty if you are caught though. Like losing all those merets and a possible ban.
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,385
    Kiuda wrote: »

There is a penalty if you are caught though. Like losing all those merets and a possible ban.

This is true, however we dont get feedback as to whether our reports are making any progress towards a player being punished or not.
  • Pineapple1124Pineapple1124
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,725
    What hurts the most is that Nexon knows this issue and don’t know what to do about it. I wish they could hire 25 new full-time to police the ugc contents. And have pictures of what is allowed and not allowed. Also make a bigger punishment of stealing ugc.

If Nexon keeps this image, people will have no fear of stealing and making merets. It’d anger the art community who cares about it.
    WAtheAnumidontreallyknowman
  • TseneTsene
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,435
    Anyone who violates the UGC ToS should just be banned from posting anything on the Design Shop.
    WAtheAnumidontreallyknowman
  • WAtheAnumWAtheAnum
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,285
    edited 4:19AM October 22, 2018
    Pot wrote: »
    Inb4 they just remove the design feature of MS2. Just deal with it, it is the same way in real life. People will make fakes or steal and resell.

thats the dumbest i ever read here. Its like saying "hey, i just stole your car but i know you dont mind".

DO You know how artwork and "original content" even works AND what WORK is behind the pictures and stuff which IS art? If i create something like a great picture and its "my art" i made and someone uses it WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM ME, you know how that feels?

If not, remember the thing with the car-sample, then you might know.

Oh and yes, i AM a artist, i sure know how it feels if someone just takes your stuff without permission. There is a little line between "i use something and create artwork for free from it" (Aka Fanart) or "I use something and use it for me to make money with from someone else" (Aka stealing).
    idontreallyknowmanSyrusMarufujiYamsMadokaMagicaDarkpixie99mewberi
  • Mroz123Mroz123
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 495
    I would like to know which country's copyright law is applied in MS2. Is it USA? South Korea? I doubt it is based on the server location and it makes a huge difference.
  • yvngcvntyvngcvnt
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 580
    I suggest all UGC submissions should be manually approved similarly to how the approve forum accounts. Yes this is a huge undertaking but this is the only way as it seems there is just far too many submissions daily to be monitored by a dedicated team.
    DragonicWolfidontreallyknowmanArSkulderDarkpixie99
  • WAtheAnumWAtheAnum
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,285
    edited 3:05PM October 23, 2018
    i just have to post this
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/560380/discussions/0/1735468061777758126/

I just really like some people who dont get what copyright infringement is, exist or what it actually means. like everywhere on the world, everyone basicly do and SHOULD know, whats not yours DO NOT SELL. easy as that and then some people like "this one" come along and really think a troll reported it. pathetic.
    JoTheWeirdoIdeghalliaDragonicWolfidontreallyknowman
  • YochyYochy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,015
    today i get 2 UGC infringement 1 for sexual content for a black hoodie
    and the second for copyright infringement to a hat that i create i have the photoshop file and is totally diferent no copy image from internet or somthing like that!!

and i ask to support and the tell me
    Hello Mapler,

Thank you for contacting Nexon Player Support.

I understand that you wanted outfits no longer appear on your character. However, I'm afraid to inform you that your account was found to be in violation of the terms of use. (Copyright/Trademark)

As always, players are required to follow the rules. Feel free to read through our Policy for UGC and UGC Content User Rules and Legal Notice.

GM Oarcan
    Nexon Player Support

WOW you dint try to see the file you tell me what i already know and the ticket was for why i get that 2 infringement
    he did not answer the question and and did not even talk about the hoodie

I see that GM Oarcan is working hard copying and pasting the same for all without even reading or investigating why the ticket was created
  • PrincessiaPrincessia
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 490
    I have a feeling Nexon won't change their ways when it comes to UGC. My friend created a beautiful outfit recently and people are already selling it on all the other servers and making a lot of money...I made a character on each of the other servers to report it saying it's stolen content, yet it's still up and they're still making a ton of money. Thanks for giving people easy access to these files Nexon, my friend is now thinking about just quitting the game entirely because they love creating custom content but their stuff keeps getting ripped.

This is somewhat off topic but on topic, but...I hate your customer support. There is no human to talk to, it's always a robot that knows how to copy paste text and everyone gets the same response no matter what issue they have. Why even name them "GM ---" just name them GM Bot1, GM Bot2, GM Bot3...they aren't human and they are never helpful when we have issues.
    JoTheWeirdoYochyMroz123YamsArSkulderIritokimewberi
  • SkyCalleRSkyCalleR
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 790
    Somehow i feel best solution is to remove UGC since most creations is even better made by maplestory 2 by themself and then we know it arnt copyright issue, everything player make is most percent of copyright issues of copying from animes, pictures direct taken from google - so best solution is just to remove the previlegies to actually use UGC then it wont make people greedy and end up in problem just because of their greedness.
  • JoTheWeirdoJoTheWeirdo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,815
    SkyCalleR wrote: »
    Somehow i feel best solution is to remove UGC since most creations is even better made by maplestory 2 by themself and then we know it arnt copyright issue, everything player make is most percent of copyright issues of copying from animes, pictures direct taken from google - so best solution is just to remove the previlegies to actually use UGC then it wont make people greedy and end up in problem just because of their greedness.

I wouldn't say removing UGC is the best solution, actual creators shouldn't be punished for the behaviour of the ignorant people, most of the creators who care about UGC (such as myself) actually read the TOS.

I'd say removing the design shop would be the best way to go, the only reason people are stealing designs and breaking rules is because they can make merets off of it with no efford, nothing else. Even making it so you can earn meso instead of merets won't fix a thing. But then we have a problem, Nexon needs money...

It's like you said, peopel are greedy, VERY greedy. they won't stop until they can't profit from it anymore.
    Darkpixie99mewberi
  • yvngcvntyvngcvnt
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 580
    as of today there is still a vast number of hypebeast brands and lewd content all over the UGC that is only kept because they are top sellers. Most of these sellers have already gotten their free 1000's of merits because the nexon team isn't diligent enough.
    DragonicWolfmewberi