Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

[EVENT] Dark GM Royale Event - Week 1

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 66,420
Posts: 432
Administrator
edited 2:28PM September 13, 2018 in Official News
The GMs are slipping into Mushking Royale to give you a special bonus to fight over.

960x290_v3.jpg

These GMs will be tougher to take down but unable to fight back, and if you can deliver the finishing blow to the GM in a match, you'll earn 300 Mushroom Coins! Check out the times for the first week of fun below!

evul-gm.jpg

Event Duration
  • NA West:
    • PDT (UTC -7): 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM, Friday, Sept. 14th
    • UTC: 1:00 AM - 2:00 AM, Saturday, Sept. 15th
  • NA East:
    • EDT (UTC -4): 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Friday, Sept. 14th
    • UTC: 12:00 AM - 1:00 AM, Saturday, Sept. 15th
  • South American:
    • BRT (UTC -3): 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM, Friday, Sept. 14th
    • UTC: 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Friday, Sept. 14th
  • Europe:
    • CEST (UTC +2): 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Friday, Sept. 14th
    • UTC: 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM, Friday, Sept. 14th
  • Australia:
    • AEST (UTC +10): 2:00 AM - 3:00 AM, Friday, Sept. 14th
    • UTC: 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM, Friday, Sept. 14th

Event Details
  • During the event times, GMs will join Mushking Royale via Solo queues
  • When in a match, the GMs will appear more threatening, with large amounts of health, but will not attack players
  • Hunt the GM down and take them out to earn a bonus of 300 Mushroom Coins after the match ends!
mmviiCatalyst

Comments

  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 31,435
    Posts: 2,312
    Member
    edited 7:52AM September 14, 2018
    Interesting, and good to have an event that focuses on coins rather than XP. Will you be disabling ranking during these games or something so people don't have to worry about that during the event?

    EDIT: Also, will anyone that lands a blow qualify for the coins? It seems like you are missing some details here.
    Always_HidHekuXtony
  • Always_HidAlways_Hid
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 9,900
    Posts: 1,076
    Member
    this seems interesting. shame about the short duration but i get it. looking forward to it!
    nEwBVnH.gif
    DanDK
  • SixaxisSixaxis
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,660
    Posts: 195
    Member
    edited 4:25PM September 13, 2018
    This is a good event! But you made one huge mistake; The GM's just self-invited themselves to a front row seat of Pacifist Royale. What is Pacifist Royale you ask?

    Pacifist Royale is when you ride past a defenseless player while you're armed to the teeth and able to reduce them to dust, but you can't lay a finger on them because you'll be hunted down through the fields of Mushtopia by a group of Peacekeepers like a rabid dog the moment your name shows up on the Kill Feed.

    Pacifist Royale is when you make it to the last circle, but this is the number of players remaining:
    nsTx6ha.jpg

    Pacifist Royale is when the boredom of the match is so high, that people willingly commit suicide just so they can enter the next match and pray that killing will be allowed.
    AeBbsm0.jpg

    AND NOW YOU WILL JOIN THEM?! HA!

    I honestly believe that in order for this event to be a success, you will have to do the killing instead of the players. As things stand now, most of them won't hit you unless you hit first, and if you walk in there with that demonic-looking aura, they'll probably run away from you.

    EDIT: Off-topic, but I thought the Cat above me found some secret way to use Signatures.
    Then I realized that the Cat simply copy/pasted the image at the end. ..W-Why?
    SubglaciousMoofeyHekumirta000CatalystXtonyDanDKidontreallyknowman
  • XphobiaXphobia
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,805
    Posts: 234
    Member
    NXACuddles wrote: »
    • When in a match, the GMs will appear more threatening, with large amounts of health, but will not attack players

    10$ to the first gm to 1 shot everyone.
    Catalystidontreallyknowman
  • LastSaturdayLastSaturday
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,420
    Posts: 75
    Member
    Even the GMs play pacifist
    SubglaciousyukheiiXtonyHekuCatalystDanDKidontreallyknowman
  • SnoogemSnoogem
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,990
    Posts: 51
    Member
    edited 5:29PM September 13, 2018
    In Australia, it's already the 14th, should be the 15th instead
    Although having to sneak the final blow out of so many people for 300 coins.
    I don't think it's worth staying up so late just to try out for that @_@
    lolisym
  • MoofeyMoofey
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,195
    Posts: 74
    Member
    (OT)
    Sixaxis wrote: »
    EDIT: Off-topic, but I thought the Cat above me found some secret way to use Signatures.
    Then I realized that the Cat simply copy/pasted the image at the end. ..W-Why?

    It's not a signature. It's showing who liked your post.

  • MorninggMorningg
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 600
    Posts: 14
    Member
    Hello, can you please double check the Australian time, cause during that time of yesterday 14 2:00am-3:00am was maintenance.
    HekuSubglacious
  • mirta000mirta000
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 7,000
    Posts: 455
    Member
    I hope that EU behaves and we can show the GM the true meaning of Pacifist Royale. I would love to see GMs get super confused about what they walked into when everyone just emotes at each other till last circle. Funny thing is, due to health buff, GMs are likely to win the pacifist title by being the last ones standing :D
  • KatsKats
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,295
    Posts: 213
    Member
    edited 5:45AM September 14, 2018
    mirta000 wrote: »
    I hope that EU behaves and we can show the GM the true meaning of Pacifist Royale. I would love to see GMs get super confused about what they walked into when everyone just emotes at each other till last circle. Funny thing is, due to health buff, GMs are likely to win the pacifist title by being the last ones standing :D

    I, too hope they behave.
    So they finally realize how big of a problem it is, and hopefully work on a fix.
    Cap Survival EXP, the cap increases per kill (plus exp from the kill).
    mirta000
  • La3elleLa3elle
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,695
    Posts: 133
    Member
    edited 7:01AM September 14, 2018
    Kats wrote: »
    mirta000 wrote: »
    I hope that EU behaves and we can show the GM the true meaning of Pacifist Royale. I would love to see GMs get super confused about what they walked into when everyone just emotes at each other till last circle. Funny thing is, due to health buff, GMs are likely to win the pacifist title by being the last ones standing :D

    I, too hope they behave.
    So they finally realize how big of a problem it is, and hopefully work on a fix.
    Cap Survival EXP, the cap increases per kill (plus exp from the kill).

    I think instead they should make ranked and unranked MushKing Royal. Some people are playing for the leader board, some people are playing for the royal pass rewards. Put these type of people in the same game and they'll both be playing with different objectives in mind therefor different game plays: aggro and pacifist. The best comparison I can make is Overwatch quick play and competitive.

    Quick Play:

    A mode for trying out stuff.
    A place to have fun without stressing over wins and loses.
    An option to play for when you want to earn exp to level for loot boxes but don't want to do it through ranked games.

    Competitive:

    A mode where you can test you skills against other players.
    A place where your main objective is to win the game.
    An option to play for when you want to make your way to the top of the leader board.

    If you add these 2 game modes it'll fix the problem of pacifist messing up the games for the aggros that want to fight for top spot and it'll give the pacifists a place to play to earn exp for the royal pass however they want. Not to mention it'd be nice to have a game mode where I can just practice getting better without having to worry about losing my rank. It's not fun trying out a skill in rank then dying (most often to already experienced players) and losing 20+ points because of it.

    Surviving until the end of the circle without killing anyone isn't against the rules. When we make it to the end we just wait it out until the last circle ends (or sometimes sooner..) to all kill each other before the circle does. If there's an aggro in the group most of us just avoid them the best we can. If they attack we either run or fight back. Sometimes someone will take them out before they start to kill again. But that's only out of their self interest to not die and it's 98% of the time a 1v1. If the aggro loses to them then that's it, they fought and lost. Fair and square. Speaking about teaming I've seen more aggro leader board players team up in solo than I have pacifists. So if Nexon should work on fixing anything it should be that.

    Unless you play everyday for hours on end it's difficult to reach 60 in the time limit we are given. Add the issue of lag spikes (often when someone attacks you too) and the fact that many people aren't PVP type players (a majority of the MS2 community are PVE) just makes the grind for exp even more strenuous. Lower the amount you get for survival and you'll make leveling to 60 impossible for most people and a lot of them will end up quitting the game. And sorry but I'm not going to spend almost $5 per pot just to level.


    Sixaxis wrote: »
    Pacifist Royale is when the boredom of the match is so high, that people willingly commit suicide just so they can enter the next match and pray that killing will be allowed.
    AeBbsm0.jpg


    I'm 99% sure that screenshot is when the circle is outside the map. :D

  • mirta000mirta000
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 7,000
    Posts: 455
    Member
    ^
    I think that the biggest issue here is that as some servers are already struggling to pop matches at all (looking at OCE and SA, where people have resorted to multiboxing in order to match), if they separated it into competitive and casual, chances are one of those would not have enough players to pop queues often :D
    DanDKAlzack
  • La3elleLa3elle
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,695
    Posts: 133
    Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    ^
    I think that the biggest issue here is that as some servers are already struggling to pop matches at all (looking at OCE and SA, where people have resorted to multiboxing in order to match), if they separated it into competitive and casual, chances are one of those would not have enough players to pop queues often :D

    Then perhaps not now but I would still like to keep that option open for the future, maybe more people will join when the game officially comes out. You raise a good point though and everyone asking for the survival experience to be lowered need to realize that if that does happen a lot of people are going to stop playing MR. Sure you might not have as many pacifist playing but you're also not going to have anyone playing at all either.
    MintyliciousXtony
This discussion has been closed.