Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

[EVENT] Mushking Royale EXP Weekend - Week 3

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 58,135
Administrator
edited 6:07PM September 12, 2018 in Official News
On September 8th and 9th, a pair of planned EXP boosts for Mushking Royale failed to activate. We apologize for the error, and would like to make it up to you by extending the bonus time to the next three weekends! On the remaining Saturdays and Sundays of the month, earn double EXP in Mushking Royale by defeating enemy players and staying alive longer, so you can fly through those remaining Royale Pass levels and unlock plenty of outfits for when MapleStory 2 officially launches! Check out the event times for this weekend below!

header_1920x635_newevent.jpg

Event Duration
NA West:
PDT (UTC -7): 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Sept. 15th and 16th
UTC: 1:00 AM - 3:00 AM, Sept. 16th and 17th

NA East:
EDT (UTC -4): 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Sept. 15th and 16th
UTC: 10:00 PM - 12:00 AM, periods starting Sept. 15th and 16th

South America:
BRT (UTC -3): 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Sept. 15th and 16th
UTC: 9:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Sept. 15th and 16th

Europe:
CEST (UTC +2): 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Sept. 15th and 16th
UTC: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM, Sept. 15th and 16th

Australia:
AEST (UTC +10): 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Sept. 15th and 16th
UTC: 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM, Sept. 15th and 16th

Event Details
From 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM, local time on Saturday, September 15th, gain +100% Royale EXP for defeating enemy players
From 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM, local time on Sunday, September 16th, gain +100% Royale EXP earned by the amount of time you survive in Mushking Royale

Comments

• MushroomMurderMushroomMurder
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,760
    So instead of compensating us with EXP tonics or coins, we get additional 2x EXP weekends, which seemed like they were already planned. Also, we can purchase 100k EXP tonics with merets. Cool.
    CariseiTopPriestCatalystAlways_HidSubglaciousSapphire9thVixieBakaAnikiSeekerScorpioMorninggand 18 others.
  • Always_HidAlways_Hid
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 9,400
    edited 7:15PM September 12, 2018
    i have to agree with MushroomMurder, this seems like you had already planned to have the 2xp weekends continue and are rewrapping them as an apology for the last event not working. could you at least extend the hours and change it so you get 2xp for both killing and longevity on both days? the way the events are set up is quite restrictive as is.

i don't mean to sound ungrateful, but please consider giving us one of those 100k tonics or at least mushroom coins to compensate for last weekend, thank you!
    nEwBVnH.gif
    SubglaciousSapphire9thVixieBakaAnikiSeekerScorpioCatalystMushroomMurderMapler22222mirta000Hekuand 11 others.
  • VixieVixie
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,230
    I was counting on mushroom coins. Not only did it look like we were going to get those 2h of double exp every weekend already, I needed double exp only last weekend, to get to 60 faster. Now I am 60. :| So this is really no compensation for the rest of people like me who wanted double exp only then and got to 60 with extra grind during the course of the week...
    SubglaciousBakaAnikiMushroomMurderTamakiSakuraHekuDanDKXphobiaNyuraCariseiyukheiiand 2 others.
  • GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,885
    edited 7:27PM September 12, 2018
    I don't agree with having both events on at the same day/time. and they should had gave us 400% and not this 100%. plot twist the compensation is really adding the 100k pot as merets lol.
  • XphobiaXphobia
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,325
  • BakaAnikiBakaAniki
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,075
    No fireworks? :feelsbadman:
    CatalystAlways_HidMushroomMurderZatch
  • DuuDuu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 785
    So basically no compensation, then? A lot of people already had issues with making it online for the allotted times, and it was pretty obvious there was going to be double XP weekends every weekend as a norm, why not mail everybody an XP tonic? Maybe of one those fancy new 100k p2w ones.
    MushroomMurderMapler22222AlcyonariaNyuraCariseiyukheiiMintyliciousFluffernutZatch
  • SeekerScorpioSeekerScorpio
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,150
    Yeah, the vibe was this was going to be a weekend thing until headstart launch. Y'all seriously couldn't give like 250-500 mushroom coins? That's something from any level could have used.
    Always_HidSubglaciousMushroomMurderHekuDanDKXphobiaNyuraCariseiyukheiiAlzackand 4 others.
  • MorninggMorningg
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 600
    If you’re really sorry about this the error, then you should make exp x2 everyday. Seem a bit silly saying every weekend when it looks like it was planed. Also to note, you did take your time rectifying with this error. But everyone should be happy we getting something rather than nothing.
    Alcyonaria
  • TamakiSakuraTamakiSakura
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 5,065
    I want 2x coins during the weekend events as compensation.
    DanDKAlcyonariaVagueZephyrCatalyst
  • Mapler22222Mapler22222
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 635
    "we messed up last double exp weekend so a way to give you a compensation is by purchasing exp with merets, so we can learn a lesson from our mistakes. We are really sorry. *wink wink*"
    Always_HidSubglaciousDanDKXphobiaAlcyonariaNyuraCariseiLastSaturdayyukheiiMintyliciousand 3 others.
  • CrowveCrowve
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 695
    edited 10:04PM September 12, 2018
    I agree with most of the previous comments here.
    Instead of this halfhearted apology give us a real apology.
    DanDKAlcyonariaCariseiVagueZephyryukheiiCatalyst
  • mirta000mirta000
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,925
    I thought that exp weekends were planned as was. Meaning this is "no compensation for you!". Thanks I guess?
    DanDKZatch
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 29,095
    You're not even trying to hide the fact that you're not even trying, to the point that everyone can see it. Eh, others have already said all that's needed, and you're not listening anyway.

Pretending that this counts as compensation is a new low, and that's something coming from you.
    XphobiaAlcyonariaNyuramirta000CariseiVagueZephyryukheiiAlzackMintyliciouslolisymand 4 others.
  • ChillBearChillBear
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 5,050
    edited 12:26AM September 13, 2018
    LOL this actually feels like a slap in the face. You do realise the average person is not an idiot incapable of seeing patterns? The trend showed we were meant to have bonus rates every weekend based on the first two weekends doing so. So now you're giving us bonus rates every weekend which I bet you anything you were going to do any way?

It really does feel like a slap in the face to our and my intelligence. This kind of marketing doesn't work and will only get on the sour side of your playerbase. If you wanted a real compensation you would extend the next 3 events (which you were going to do any way) and make them four hours long rather than two.

Edit: By the way, let me use my intelligence which you believe I don't have to assume the following: You are acting like the next few weekends are compensation because 1) You have marketing goals to attract more players, so when the higher ups ask 'what have you done to bring more players?' you can say you 'we had bonus rate events every weekend' 2) You are not giving us proper compensation because this may affect your bottom line (which is already probably very low considering the small number of players in MKR) by giving players easier access to level 60 with 4x bonus rates, or other items like currency because again, thats less effort for players. 3) This coincides exactly when you release an XP potion for merets. Of course! Any method to increase your bottom line.

How far am I off with my theory?
    AlcyonariaNyuramirta000CariseiyukheiiAlzacklolisymDanDKCatalystZatch
  • NyuraNyura
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 6,465
    I mean, everyone else has already said it, but yeah. At this point I'm not sure if Nexon think that players are literally brainless, or if they're self-aware and still choose to go for it with this new level of low, because....................you guessed it
    We can and it's free

At least mail people a single EXP tonic or a bunch of coins, that's proper compensation instead of obviously already pre-planned EXP weekends until the end of this event.

We don't even speak about the meret EXP tonic...
    mirta000CariseiAlzackDanDKCatalystZatch
  • CinnyCinny
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 500
    That EXP tonic aside, as that's a different issue altogether...

I think that the 'compensation' seems fishy because as a company, wouldn't it be expected that after seeing 'Week 1', 'Week 2' etc, you'd be intending on continuing it until launch, no? Doubling the duration of the exp events for the following weekend only would've been pleasantly received by others. Either that, or mushcoins would've been good too.

The playerbase may be chill most of the time, but we're not idiots. May I suggest re-looking at what you've 'given' to us?
    NyuraHekuCariseimirta000yukheiiDanDKCatalystSubglaciousCylilZatch
  • VagueZephyrVagueZephyr
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 625
    Wow new low for nexon they are seriously damaging their chance of this game being a success
    NyuraCariseimirta000yukheiiAlzackDanDKCatalystFantasykittenCylil
  • LastSaturdayLastSaturday
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,095
    I so happy
    "We screwed up now give us money if you want easy levels"
    I mean I knew Nexons management was scum but my God it's beautiful. I haven't seen anything this depraved in a while and must commend you.

I mean for Nexons sake I hope it's depraved, because there was only 1 thread about Buying Mushking levels to skip it and that did not receive positive feedback

God bless you pond scum
    VagueZephyryukheiimirta000DanDK
  • AlzackAlzack
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,370
    "On September 8th and 9th, a pair of planned EXP boosts for Mushking Royale failed to activate. We apologize for the error, and would like to make it up to you by extending the bonus time to the next three weekends!"

Nexon, please. As if these bonuses weren't planned in advance. It was obvious pattern that community will get some kind of EXP event each week when "Mushking Royale EXP Weekend" announcement in the news on the main website changed its name to "Mushking Royale EXP Weekend - Week 1" and followed with "Week 2". Mistakes and issues do happen, it's common sense to acknowledge them and apologize for inconvenience like Cuddles performed her task as messenger already. You have a means of giving huge amounts of Founder's Packs away as rewards for Mushking Royale but you can't afford something simple for error that was caused on your part. I think that I don't have to explain how it looks like.

Personally I don't care if I get a compensation or not but I'd like to ask you to treat your playerbase with respect and not test our intelligence as we're not dense, in the end you're the ones who make foo yourselves inconsiderate. Will the upcoming event work as intended or shall I expect another surprise?
    Kind regards! (-:
    mirta000MintyliciousyukheiiNyuraDanDKFantasykittenZatch