Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

[EVENT] Mushking Royale EXP Weekend - Week 2

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 58,135
Administrator
edited 5:48PM September 6, 2018 in Official News
Mushking Royale Pre-Season continues, and so do the weekend bonuses! For four hours this weekend, we're going to be doubling the Royale EXP you'll be earning in Mushking Royale! Get those Royale levels and claim Battle Pass items with the bonus periods on Saturday and Sunday!

header_1920x635_newevent.jpg

Event Duration
NA West:
PDT (UTC -7): 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Sept. 8th and 9th
UTC: 1:00 AM - 3:00 AM, Sept. 9th and 10th

NA East:
EDT (UTC -4): 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Sept. 8th and 9th
UTC: 10:00 PM - 12:00 AM, periods starting Sept. 8th and 9th

South American:
BRT (UTC -3): 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Sept. 8th and 9th
UTC: 9:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Sept. 8th and 9th

Europe:
CEST (UTC +2): 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Sept. 8th and 9th
UTC: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM, Sept. 8th and 9th

Australia:
AEST (UTC +10): 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Sept. 8th and 9th
UTC: 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM, Sept. 8th and 9th

Event Details
From 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM, local time, on Saturday, September 8th, gain +100% Royale EXP for defeating enemy players
From 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM, local time, on Sunday, September 9th, gain +100% Royale EXP earned by the amount of time you survive in Mushking Royale
HekuaylumosSylvaniaYoungFoxMarie

Comments

• StrawberryPanicStrawberryPanic
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,625
    Why won't you release a stance regarding teaming up in Musking Royale (solo mode)?

It's probably silly to see me posting this question again. But on the other hand - it's even more silly, that for some reason we don't deserve to receive an easy answer - "Yes, teaming up in solo mode is allowed and working as intended." or "No, teaming up in solo mode isn't something that was intended to happen, we currently work on adjusting the exp rates to solve this situation.".

Some people have already paid you 110€ for legendary founder pack and golden battle pass. I think it's just a common courtesy for GMs to show that they are here and that they are listening to the community. At least this much.
    DanDKAlzackyukheiiFantasykittenCatalystXphobiaLastSaturdayHekuXtonyhankiepixand 1 other.
  • ChillBearChillBear
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 5,050
    The community has been quite vocal about a number of issues with Mushking Royale, I think it'd be wise for at least some sort of official dialogue from the devs regarding all those issues.
    StrawberryPanicNyuraDanDKAlzackyukheiiFantasykittenCatalysthankiepixLastSaturdayMeowrenand 3 others.
  • GunPowderGunPowder
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,855
    Holding an event for surviving only encourages a pacifistic playstyle which in most cases includes teaming against those who want to play the game normally.
    The amount of exp you gain for defeating other players during 2x exp is not nearly as appealing as just surviving on 1x exp, so I don't really see the point in these events.

I pretty much quit playing the mode this week as I've had enough of players teaming up against me, so I don't see myself logging in for the double exp.
    StrawberryPanicDanDKyukheiiFantasykittenLastSaturdayHekuXtonyVerlo
  • NyuraNyura
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 6,465
    edited 6:18AM September 7, 2018
    Cool that we get extra EXP again, but honestly, things have been getting worse with each passing day, so at this point, I wonder if even an EXP event is going to change the fact that the only actively played mode is Solo due to the overwhelming number of people who have found out that pacifism yields the biggest amounts of EXP and thus have adopted that playstyle, whereas Squad is extinct by now since it's virtually pointless compared to the apparently superior alternative.

Would be very nice to hear Nexon give out some official statement regarding issues surrounding Mushking Royale in general, and I'd also like to hear a statement regarding the fate of the mode when MapleStory 2 officially launches:
    -Will the coin shops stay somewhere in the game, and will people's coins remain in their inventory/will they be rendered useless if unused?
    -Will the mode be inactive (aka inaccessible) until a new season begins? Or will it stay but yield no rewards other than farming coins (or nothing at all)?
    DanDKStrawberryPanicAlzackyukheiiFantasykittenHekuVerlo
  • XnknownXnknown
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 420
    Extra EXP for the people who team up. It's like you just help them out instead of any kind of punishment.
    I guess it's allowed teaming up with 15 people and totally destroy the rest.
    StrawberryPanicVerlo
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 29,105
    You're only proving you know nothing about your own game mode when you host a separate bonus for kills when it's been confirmed long ago that kills give almost 0 exp while survival gives 100 times more.

You're only proving you are completely ignorant to the community when you repeat exactly the same event as last week and ignore all concerns and relevant feedback.

You're only proving that you're greedy and utterly incompetent when you've completely ignored consequences to exploits, organized teaming, taken no stance on passive play and increasing community gaps with harassment, abuse and witch hunts happening openly on all servers and even on the forums.

DO SOMETHING INSTEAD OF HOSTING USELESS EVENTS.
    StrawberryPanicChillBearAlzackNyurayukheiiFantasykittenSiriondalCatalystLastSaturdayHekuand 4 others.
  • AlzackAlzack
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,370
    Meme event for a meme game mode that Mushking Royale became, it actually shows Nexon's response to significant feedback and concerns of playerbase as well as lack of flexibility to at least trying to fix issues in a proper manner. Serial teaming on EU server to the point of sharing items between Mushknights (both killers and survivalists) during solo fights, pacifist extravaganza as well as verbal abuse and harassment offered to anyone who tries playing the mode in a way how it was intended in the first place. Lack of countermeasures against AFK gamestyle, exploits, hacks, animation delay reductions. No solutions to recuperate extinct team mode and long queue after lvl 60 Mushknights left the field with their rewards, no balance between killing spree and survival bonus.

Even guinea pigs need some attention to survive from their overexerted tests but constant feeding them with extra benefit will make things much worse than they are already. I'd like you to pay more attention to the problem at its core rather than sweeping the real issues under events which add the final straw to the camel's back. Any plans to revive team mode? Any countermeasures to the issues reported by playerbase? Anything significant at all? Great experience from CBT 2's Mushking Royale is lost, it turned into chore and joke that doesn't give me even a laugh anymore.
    Kind regards!
    DanDKStrawberryPanicNyurayukheiiFantasykittenSiriondalHekuVerlo
  • DanDKDanDK
    edited 5:54AM September 7, 2018
    In addition, there are also at least several critical bugs that you haven't even acknowledged the existence of:
    - Random teleporting back in time (often into spores/walls)/getting repeatedly locked onto a block, related to opening random chests and interactions with Blockades (no big surprise there)
    - Taking random damage while performing an action immediately after dismounting
    - Mounted fall damage acting randomly (jumping off 1 block triggers fall damage but falling from two blocks doesn't)
    - Mounting sequence randomly cancels midway when activated immediately following another action, severely hampering movement
    - Staying near the edge of a dangerous block (water/poison/thorns) will inflict damage/status reduction even if you aren't physically touching it (i.e. their hitbox is messed up compared to the visuals)
    - Idle Animations, right clicking and mounts reveal you in bushes
    - Animation cancelling enabling quick chaining of skills (might be intended, but it's surely badly designed then)
    - People reporting that you can buy Safe/Amphibious Riding to carry into the mode, essentially P2W
    - People reporting that disconnecting from a match carries no penalty, enabling point abuse
    StrawberryPanicyukheiiAlzackFantasykittenSiriondalCatalystSubglaciousLastSaturdayHeku
  • FantasykittenFantasykitten
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,485
    So another 2 hour event... dident you listen at all to the feedback from last week? at this point your just insulting your customers. many who have paid a pretty penny at this point.

an as others have said. when you going to adress all the problems. like teaming in solo. an all the exploits botters an afk'ers?
    why did you not test this mode more? what whas the point of the closed beta ?

if this is really any indication of how the game is going to release an how your going to treat it so after.... then i fear for the life an health of the game .
    yukheiiDanDKStrawberryPanicHekuAlzackVerlo
  • XnknownXnknown
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 420
    Heres 1 more, Press F1 to do the Hello Animation while u in the hot air balloon to fall on the ground instant with 0 Damage taken.
    DanDKMintylicioushankiepix
  • yukheiiyukheii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,205
    A Nexon employee walks into the meeting room, with papers in hand. He's asking a question to the worker beside him, making sure everyone can hear the two talk. It's hard to tell from the co-worker's mannerisms, but he has always been scared of this man. He makes the office a living hell for everyone around him. It is time he stands up for himself and take the one step that no one else had previously.

"So how do we make a weekly event that involves EXP boosts?" The co-worker questions, a look of utter turmoil and nervousness wrapped around his face. He waits for a response, which doesn't take long to come through. The devil worker himself laughs at his statement, acting like he was foolish to even ask such a question in the first place. He collapses onto his chair, scooting closer to the co-worker.

He forces a subtle smirk, answering the question like so;

"Oh I don't know, make a template of code for one week, only to copy and paste it for the following weeks after that."

The co-worker, confused at his remark, asks to elaborate on his statement; only to get the same attitude from him as before.

"Can't you see? It's more efficient that way. Plus, we don't have to do as much work. We can spend more time partying with the ladies than in his stinking hell of a building."

He takes a beer from his bag, cracks it open, and takes a sip of it; all as the co-worker watches in deep shock. He then places the beer down on his desk, turns back to the co-worker, and forces himself to smile widely.

"It's okay man, they're not gonna care."
    DanDKStrawberryPanicXphobiaVerlo
  • DanDKDanDK
    yukheii wrote: »
    A Nexon employee walks into the meeting room, with papers in hand. He's asking a question to the worker beside him, making sure everyone can hear the two talk. It's hard to tell from the co-worker's mannerisms, but he has always been scared of this man. He makes the office a living hell for everyone around him. It is time he stands up for himself and take the one step that no one else had previously.

"So how do we make a weekly event that involves EXP boosts?" The co-worker questions, a look of utter turmoil and nervousness wrapped around his face. He waits for a response, which doesn't take long to come through. The devil worker himself laughs at his statement, acting like he was foolish to even ask such a question in the first place. He collapses onto his chair, scooting closer to the co-worker.

He forces a subtle smirk, answering the question like so;

"Oh I don't know, make a template of code for one week, only to copy and paste it for the following weeks after that."

The co-worker, confused at his remark, asks to elaborate on his statement; only to get the same attitude from him as before.

"Can't you see? It's more efficient that way. Plus, we don't have to do as much work. We can spend more time partying with the ladies than in his stinking hell of a building."

He takes a beer from his bag, cracks it open, and takes a sip of it; all as the co-worker watches in deep shock. He then places the beer down on his desk, turns back to the co-worker, and forces himself to smile widely.

"It's okay man, they're not gonna care."

You should submit this to the Storyteller Contest, it has the perfect length as well.
    XphobiayukheiiVerlo
  • hankiepixhankiepix
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,140
    edited 9:38AM September 7, 2018
    What about the bugs such as the authentication errors and mount glitches which have been in the game longer than the borb exploit but causes just as much pain to endure while playing? Please tell us you are working on fixing those because I've invested too much into this game for it to be at its knees over something so simple.

Also, why is the local time for EU differing for the time in the top left corner. Is there something I'm not understanding?
    Double Also,,
    GunPowder wrote: »
    Holding an event for surviving only encourages a pacifistic playstyle which in most cases includes teaming against those who want to play the game normally.
    The amount of exp you gain for defeating other players during 2x exp is not nearly as appealing as just surviving on 1x exp, so I don't really see the point in these events.

I pretty much quit playing the mode this week as I've had enough of players teaming up against me, so I don't see myself logging in for the double exp.
    If you can't beat em, join em :') , solo mode will be pretty much unplayable otherwise, so you may as well take advantage of the exploit in disguise until Nexon fixes it (if they do).
  • LastSaturdayLastSaturday
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,095
    Is it wrong that the raw anger in this thread pleases me?
    MeowrenDanDKYoungFoxMarieVerlo
  • Pineapple1124Pineapple1124
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,200
    edited 6:05PM September 7, 2018
    GM, please post the statistics of how many squad and solo matches were played since the pre season begun. I’m sure it’s dropped significantly right now.
    Please reconsider and pop 2x buff all day to stop our sufferings.
    LastSaturdayyukheiiCatalystStrawberryPanicmirta000VerloMushking
  • GunPowderGunPowder
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,855
    hankiepix wrote: »
    If you can't beat em, join em :') , solo mode will be pretty much unplayable otherwise, so you may as well take advantage of the exploit in disguise until Nexon fixes it (if they do).

I couldn't care less about the rewards you get for leveling up. I just want to play the game and actually enjoy it...
    Standing inside a circle with 20 other people just waiting to die is not something I find enjoyable.
    StrawberryPanicDanDK
  • hankiepixhankiepix
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,140
    GunPowder wrote: »
    hankiepix wrote: »

I couldn't care less about the rewards you get for leveling up. I just want to play the game and actually enjoy it...
    Standing inside a circle with 20 other people just waiting to die is not something I find enjoyable.
    Sadly you gotta note that most people do care about the rewards for levelling because they already spent £6 to get the most out of MKR.
    That's a fair point though, hopefully when people are closer to level 60 they will change their minds and a few will play the game properly, though if you're in the EU that will likely never change because its the same 50-60 players playing constantly, and maybe 7-10 of them do not play paci, so RIP EU MKR, please fix the exp rates. (at this point I would nearly call playing paci exploiting, because the difference in exp for surviving and kills are clearly whack)

I haven't been able to play a squad match in days because people are playing paci in solo, which is a shame because I didn't mind that mode.
    Perhaps, since even double exp for kills still gives you jack squat anyways, it should have been double exp for solo on one day, and double exp on squads for the other.

• EternalxEternalx
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,120
    OCE never got the intended exp boost. Compensation please
    DanDKVerlo
  • mirta000mirta000
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,935
    EU never got the intended exp boost.
    HekuStrawberryPanicFantasykittenDanDKVerlo
  • yukheiiyukheii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,205
    mirta000 wrote: »
    EU never got the intended exp boost.

I was just about to state this. Someone on the Discord can testify to the event not happening for the EU Server.
    mirta000HekuCatalystDanDKVerlo
This discussion has been closed.