Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Constant D/C + Error 10053

TeaosTeaos
Maplestory 2 Rep: 410
in Tech Support
Server: OCE

I recently switched to Optus NBN and have been unable to play since then due to constant disconnections. The internet itself is fine with no interruptions to service and everything else loads fast. Only issue is when I play MS2 it keeps kicking me out ever 30s or so and sometimes gives me the error 10053. My ping in game is between 30-50 and there is no lag. I have tried playing on different computers and they all have the same result. After testing, the disconnects happen simultaneously on all devices logged into Maplestory 2. If I use a VPN, then the issue is resolved. I was wandering if anyone had any idea how to fix this issue without use of VPN?

Comments

• KaiieaKaiiea
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,915
    Because it works fine on the VPN and it is kicking you so quickly & consistently, it sounds like it is some type of software that is conflicting with the game running. I would try testing the settings of my firewall/antivirus/security software to see if that is causing the drops.
  • RUAIRlRUAIRl
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
    This just started happening to me today. I literally just logged on so I could spend my tokens and now I can't talk to npc's or do anything because I get instantly d/c'd everytime I reconnect.
  • FlutterbitsFlutterbits
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 660
    edited 11:57PM September 13, 2018
    I've been disconnecting more often recently, I'm not sure if it's just me or if anyone else has been having the same issue.
    CubeNoobfoodbythedozen
  • CubeNoobCubeNoob
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,050
    I've been disconnecting more often recently, I'm not sure if it's just me or if anyone else has been having the same issue.

I've yet to disconnect but my latency has gone up and spikes up past 120ms. I've not yet had this and also in the royale park lobby I see duplicate users indicating something is wrong..
  • HeraldRejnHeraldRejn
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,625
    edited 2:36AM September 15, 2018
    I get disconected every 3/4minutes when i try play mushking royal... It's joke or what? Our version have problems from 3years ago when game just started?
    foodbythedozen
  • ComputerComputer
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,215
    I'm getting something similar. I have started D/Cing today when previously it's never happened. I'm also getting large ping spikes, it used to be stable between 50-100. Now it goes between 150-300, which started happening after the recent update. It definitely needs to be resolved, since I've seen other people complaining of it.
  • HosuHosu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,645
    I had this issue during CBT2 and Nexon support basically told me it was my internet. At that time it was Beta acceptance only so I couldn't find anyone with similar problems and had to give up on 5 days of CBT 2.

Now I KNOW its Nexon's problem. Fix it.
    foodbythedozen
  • HeraldRejnHeraldRejn
    edited 10:13AM September 17, 2018
    ERROR 10053. MAYBE FIX IT SHITTY NEXON?!! every 2/3minutes i get kick out becouse of this shitty error. And i have high ping 100/200 on europe server. So it's a joke not a server. In Path of exile, league of legends, pubg or fortnite on EU server i have only 20/30ping...
  • AlexFromCaliAlexFromCali
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,300
    Try running maplestory 2 through the nexon launcher and no other way.
    This means, don't run Maplestory 2.exe. Run nexon launcher as administrator and select maplestory 2 on the games tab and hit "play"
    Let me know the results.

1) Make sure Nexon Launcher is exited. Check your start menu programs on the bottom right.
    2) Run Nexon Launcher as administrator
    3) Hit play on MS2 through the Nexon launcher
    3a) If you run MS2 through any other method you are bound to get error messages.
  • AlexFromCaliAlexFromCali
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,300
    1) Make sure Nexon Launcher is exited. Check your start menu programs on the bottom right.
    3a) If you run MS2 through any other method you are bound to get error messages.
  • HeraldRejnHeraldRejn
    edited 4:22PM September 17, 2018
    Try running maplestory 2 through the nexon launcher and no other way.
    This means, don't run Maplestory 2.exe. Run nexon launcher as administrator and select maplestory 2 on the games tab and hit "play"
    Let me know the results.

WOW! you are genius!!! but it dosen't work sorry :( still 400/600ping. It's nexon problem. not mine. Just look at the bug report and tech support.
    DanDK
  • JokerSmileJokerSmile
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 600
    and admins ignore us DAMMMNN Error