Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

[COMPLETE] Unscheduled Maintenance - August 28th

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 58,135
Administrator
edited 6:55PM August 28, 2018 in Official News
We will be performing an unscheduled maintenance on Tuesday, August 28th at 3:00 PM PDT. During this period, MapleStory 2 will be unavailable. We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 2 hours, concluding at around 5:00 PM PDT.

msw-114-960x290-forums-unscheduled-maintance.jpg

- Start and End Times -
  • PDT (UTC -7): 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
  • EDT (UTC -4): 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
  • BRT (UTC -3): 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
  • CEST (UTC +2): 12:00 AM - 2:00 AM, August 29th
  • AEST (UTC +10): 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM, August 29th

Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

- What -
  • As compensation for this maintenance, all players will be gifted a free Hairstyle Voucher and 5x Fireworks!
  • Applying the following Bug Fixes:
    • The Blockade Ability in Mushking Royale will no longer greatly increase the damage caused by Arcane Orb
    • A Bank has been added to Royale Park for players to store items and clean up their inventory
    • Fixed the delay when purchasing Merets
    • Slimes and Mushrooms now spawn more often in Royale Park
    • Mushking Royale skill window can now be opened by pressing "k"
    • Players will no longer be blocked from queuing for a match, if they moved to a beauty shop when successfully matched
    • Fixed an exploit that allowed players to gain Mesos for free
    • Mounts gained from equipped Royale Pass Medals now match the default Hand Cart mount's speed
    • Fixed an issue preventing a visual AoE from appearing when using Bombs and Toxic Barrels
    • Players joining Squad Mode alone will no longer be ejected from the game if they win
    • Fixed an issue that could prevent players from seeing the arrow directing them to a mini-map ping
    • Fixed an issue that could prevent Squad member names from appearing when mouse-overred on the mini-map
    • Corrected the size of the HP bar, when mounted and on foot, to remain consistent
    • RPG and Mouse and Keyboard control mode now both show the same location of the Meret Charge Shop withing the Gamepad main UI
    • Fixed issues with German text placement
    • Squad description will no longer partially disappear if Squad Info text is clicked on

Thank you for your patience.
SubglaciousCatalystZatchCubeNoobStrawberryPanicXxViBe1skanderRedxpandaStarchewTanathornand 4 others.

Comments

• SubglaciousSubglacious
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,245
  • XxViBeXxViBe
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,080
    BOUT TIME WOO
    yukheii
  • EmanuEmanu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 335
    GG for fixes but my bug isn't fixed yet D:
  • TrutoralTrutoral
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 625
    Will the authentication error be fixed too?
    DanDKGunPowderyukheiiDraigelCatalystGarlicBreadCathieAskaLanglyNyura
  • CubeNoobCubeNoob
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,000
    Awesome to see you guys tag on this as soon as possible.

• StrawberryPanicStrawberryPanic
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,625
    Stance on teaming-up in solo mode?
    CubeNoobDanDKSnowkaiCatalystGunPowderSoulXCloudFantasykittenSubglacious
  • GunPowderGunPowder
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,855
    Oh boy, 5 whole fireworks!
    CariseiDanDKFantasykittenSubglacious
  • ExigaExiga
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,610
    This is a really impressive list. You fixed probably everything that should've been fixed. Good job!

I wonder if that meso exploit was related to a certain fashion book vol 1... >,~
    Never tried it, but I can't think of any other way you could unintentionally earn mesos in Royal Park.
  • DraigelDraigel
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,170
    Punishment? When? Will Nexon Let Abusers Win Founder Pack? Does Nexon allow bug abusers in their games? If that's the case, I'll abuse on the next bug, since theres no punishment at all.
    DanDKFantasykittenArjuneTanathorn
  • GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,885
    edited 3:16PM August 28, 2018
    well dang...can't be mad about this. but theres 2 things not on this list ''some times the green leaf potion heal over time does not heal at all'' and then ''cart mount sometimes make you lose health if you use a skill while on the mount'' but yeah progress is progress I guess.

oh yeah...1 complaint, much rather 500 merets than 5 fireworks butttttt that's just me.
    DanDKCatalystFantasykittenSubglacious
  • yukheiiyukheii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,205
    YES. NO MORE BORBS. WOOOOOOOO. WE FAIR BOIS NOW. EXPLOITERS GETTING THEIR NATURAL KARMA? I SAY YES.
    mirta000GarlicBread
  • ZerolioZerolio
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,855
    And once more the BIGGEST issue of mushking royale has been completely ignored:

http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/37350/poll-mushking-royale-fights-are-laggy
    DanDK
  • mirta000mirta000
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,935
    yay I love free hairstyles :D
  • SneakyWeavilezSneakyWeavilez
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 495
    well dang...can't be mad about this. but theres 2 things not on this list ''some times the green leaf potion heal over time does not heal at all'' and then ''cart mount sometimes make you lose health if you use a skill while on the mount'' but yeah progress is progress I guess.

herbs are cancelled when you're in combat.
    Catalyst
  • BakaAnikiBakaAniki
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,075
    GunPowder wrote: »

But are they the red or blue ones? If they're blue I'll be real pissed.
    CatalystDanDKSubglacious
  • GunPowderGunPowder
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,855
    BakaAniki wrote: »
    GunPowder wrote: »

But are they the red or blue ones? If they're blue I'll be real pissed.

Introducing the new grey fireworks!
    CatalystDanDKSubglacious
  • GricelyGricely
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,330
    Awesome, excellent, honestly I thought stuff would never be fixed tbh... Really good sign for the game that they are on this stuff. :)
  • CatalystCatalyst
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,025
    Really glad to see this patch.
    Draigel wrote: »
    Punishment? When? Will Nexon Let Abusers Win Founder Pack? Does Nexon allow bug abusers in their games? If that's the case, I'll abuse on the next bug, since theres no punishment at all.

I think the problem with this particular bug is that bc of how widespread it was, it is very difficult to pinpoint every single player who abused the borb bug, even with a reporting system. You would want to punish everyone who caused the bug; not just a group of them, and you don't want to punish the players in the top of the ladder who didn't abuse the bug with something like a rank reset.

That being said, I do understand the frustration of having players who abused the bug getting large rewards (such as a $100 Founders Pack). I believe that a solution to this issue could be by resetting the ladder but reimbursing everyone with Battle Royale/Mushking coins (whatever that currency is called) equal to their rank before the reset. That way, players who abused the bug wouldn't have a huge advantage when it comes to founders pack, and players who have worked hard to get their ranks will still get some form of reward out of their effort (ex: for buying those special mounts or buying clothes at the markets).

Stance on teaming-up in solo mode?

This can be a very vague thing to address. I believe you that in your statement you are referring to players who are actively seeking out players to defeat while not targetting team members. However, I believe that you can also apply the teaming-up strategy to pacifists in solo, since they aim to not attack other players to win. Personally, pacifists in solo are kinda awkward, bc there are a few who will get offended that you are playing the game by trying to defeat enemies, and it is a mess trying to figure out who is and who isn't a pacifist in solo.
    Redxpanda
  • RedxpandaRedxpanda
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 805
    Catalyst wrote: »
    Really glad to see this patch.

I think the problem with this particular bug is that bc of how widespread it was, it is very difficult to pinpoint every single player who abused the borb bug, even with a reporting system. You would want to punish everyone who caused the bug; not just a group of them, and you don't want to punish the players in the top of the ladder who didn't abuse the bug with something like a rank reset.

That being said, I do understand the frustration of having players who abused the bug getting large rewards (such as a $100 Founders Pack). I believe that a solution to this issue could be by resetting the ladder but reimbursing everyone with Battle Royale/Mushking coins (whatever that currency is called) equal to their rank before the reset. That way, players who abused the bug wouldn't have a huge advantage when it comes to founders pack, and players who have worked hard to get their ranks will still get some form of reward out of their effort (ex: for buying those special mounts or buying clothes at the markets).

Resetting the ladder is not fair to legit players.(But may be a good way to make it more balanced) The fact that a bug like this happened an so many used it should have some kind of demonstration of power to warn future abusers so many of the top 200 players are abusers some tested it and some Abused it its disheartening to hear that honest and integrity is not rewarded but disloyalty and exploitation is welcomed.
    FluffernutCatalyst
  • ArjuneArjune
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 725
    Thanks for the fixes! especially the orb thing and the invisible bomb AoE and mount speed. I didn't wanna have to give up my fox just because cart is faster. Free hairstyle too?! Wow so generous :) especially since most of the nice hairstyles cost like 3 dollars or more in merets
    RedxpandaCatalyst