Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

"MapleStory 2 Premiere Recap" by Jungsoo Lee

Comments

  • ZerolioZerolio
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,855
    Posts: 102
    Member
    HoIy wrote: »

    This is why everything in this game is time gated and even then you run out of things to do quickly. When you do your raid/dungeon cap there’s not much to do until your character reach a certain amount of gear score.


    The more reason why a 10-days head start is pointless then?

    I hate pay2win and always will, but this head start can't be called pay2win, you could call it pay2progess, I don't like pay2progress either but I still accept it (and I think most people do).

    Haven't you ever played an MMORPG that was launched months/years before you came? When you entered did you feel like you already lost the game?
    mirta000ValatineX1skander
  • ValatineXValatineX
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 630
    Posts: 9
    Member
    edited 12:42AM August 28, 2018
    Rune Blader 10th october? I hope its a miss type. Headstart without Rune Blader:(
  • HoIyHoIy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,830
    Posts: 227
    Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    HoIy wrote: »
    If you honestly think this game will last years or even design to last that long you don’t actually play the game. This game has a few week of content at most and it was the main issue with ms2.

    This is why everything in this game is time gated and even then you run out of things to do quickly. When you do your raid/dungeon cap there’s not much to do until your character reach a certain amount of gear score.

    So what do you do then? PvP is something that is actually fun and have high replay value but it’s ruined now with lack of pvp gear and nexon giving 10 day head start when the whole game is gated by weeks.

    To be fair if you can’t make another character then the lead wouldn’t be that bad but to tell your player base you’re avoiding p2w and then adding the head start and many other p2w features is just hilarious to me.

    I’m not discussing how pay to win something is. I’m just pointing out that it’s there. So it’s hard for me to understand when people “can’t understand” how paying to literally win/get advantage is p2w I’m at a lost for words on how else I can explain it to you.

    You can do Trophies, world explore, lifeskills, create UGC items, play Mushking Royale, do alts...
    There is A LOT to do in the game. So much that I didn't even hit cap in CBT2. As for the game not being hardcore, GOOD. Look how well GW2 did 2012 -2015 when all they had were the same normal dungeons and horizontal gear progression. I've been looking for something like it ever since HoT flipped it upside down.

    Yeah I might come off as a little too serious to people who don't play Nexon games but Nexon games die really fast. Like incredibly fast. So how the game launch should be done correctly in order for the game to last. Look at Hyper Universe(dead on launch), look at what they did to Rider of Icarus(read the steam review where people swear they will never touch a Nexon publish game again), look at how they were willing to kill Law Breakers instead of listening to the community.

    I actually like the game so I want this game to last past the initial hype. It won't happen if they advertise as staying away from p2w when in reality there is p2w everywhere in the game.

    "I've never had that issue of being late to an expansion, or a game and going "welp, guess crafting is off the list"."

    This game is design like a mobile game where they time gate you on almost everything so it's more extreme than other games. Normally there's only cap for dungeons but this game caps you on any meaningful progress you have on your character.

    As for the things you list on what you can do. If you played cbt2 then I don't have to explain to you how ridiculous those things are. Mushking is already dead and it's the only game mode you can play. Achievement and world quest is hardly content I mean login and look at the river right now. Is that really playing the game? Bunch of people afk swimming?

    If we allow p2w element to creep into the game already then they will keep adding more. Look at Rider of Icarus.
    k6jwUtn.png
    41yppUO.png

    There will always be people who defend the company no matter how bad the decision is because it's not a big deal to them. Look at Bless a huge scam but many people just told the player base to quit if they don't like the game or to stop taking it so seriously. Now the player base went from 30k to 2k in a few weeks? If you don't care about game sustainability that's fine but I don't understand why I have to stop my criticism.
  • HoIyHoIy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,830
    Posts: 227
    Member
    edited 7:32PM August 28, 2018
    Zerolio wrote: »
    HoIy wrote: »

    This is why everything in this game is time gated and even then you run out of things to do quickly. When you do your raid/dungeon cap there’s not much to do until your character reach a certain amount of gear score.


    The more reason why a 10-days head start is pointless then?

    I hate pay2win and always will, but this head start can't be called pay2win, you could call it pay2progess, I don't like pay2progress either but I still accept it (and I think most people do).

    Haven't you ever played an MMORPG that was launched months/years before you came? When you entered did you feel like you already lost the game?

    Please stop comparing it to other games where it's not as time gated as this game. It's not pay 2 progress if you can never progress to the point that those people unless you paid like them. You quoted my sentence out of context when literally the NEXT sentence I explain why it's a problem. You have to wait until your character reaches a certain gear score and with this head start you get 30 more dungeon entries. Which is huge if you play cbt2 you would know how big of a lead that is.

    As for old MMORPG they normally have a system for new players which is basically a cheat to catch up. Even then you are expected to invest a long time until you catch up. You're really comparing those games when ms2 literally just about to come out? How long until they add a catch up system for new players?

    If you look at how older games make new gears to make old ones obsolete. You can easily see why it's important for this to be implemented which basically proves my point. Not the mention on a select few of MMORPG even last a few years have more than 5k population lol.
  • ZerolioZerolio
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,855
    Posts: 102
    Member
    edited 7:59AM August 29, 2018
    HoIy wrote: »
    Zerolio wrote: »
    HoIy wrote: »

    This is why everything in this game is time gated and even then you run out of things to do quickly. When you do your raid/dungeon cap there’s not much to do until your character reach a certain amount of gear score.


    The more reason why a 10-days head start is pointless then?

    I hate pay2win and always will, but this head start can't be called pay2win, you could call it pay2progess, I don't like pay2progress either but I still accept it (and I think most people do).

    Haven't you ever played an MMORPG that was launched months/years before you came? When you entered did you feel like you already lost the game?

    Please stop comparing it to other games where it's not as time gated as this game. It's not pay 2 progress if you can never progress to the point that those people unless you paid like them. You quoted my sentence out of context when literally the NEXT sentence I explain why it's a problem. You have to wait until your character reaches a certain gear score and with this head start you get 30 more dungeon entries. Which is huge if you play cbt2 you would know how big of a lead that is.

    As for old MMORPG they normally have a system for new players which is basically a cheat to catch up. Even then you are expected to invest a long time until you catch up. You're really comparing those games when ms2 literally just about to come out? How long until they add a catch up system for new players?

    If you look at how older games make new gears to make old ones obsolete. You can easily see why it's important for this to be implemented which basically proves my point. Not the mention on a select few of MMORPG even last a few years have more than 5k population lol.

    Like another player commented, are you trying to say that because of how the game is designed (without a catch system, which I doubt) it's worthless to play the game unless you play it the first day and never ever stop playing it?

    If you think that way I do not recommend you to play this game because even if you start playing the first day and are ahead, someday you could get ill or go on holidays for some time not playing the game and then "that would put you behind and would be impossible to reach the top", if that is what you are looking for.

    Every MMORPG that I have known has any way or system that lets you catch up if you ever stop playing for some time (obviously) and if maplestory 2 doesn't don't worry, I will be the first one posting here for a fix.

    For this reason, once again, a 10 day headstart is not pay2win.
    mirta000GunPowder
  • ValatineXValatineX
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 630
    Posts: 9
    Member
    10 day headstart is a thank you for supporting the game atleast how i see it and not p2w.
    mirta000
  • mirta000mirta000
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,825
    Posts: 259
    Member
    HoIy wrote: »
    I actually like the game so I want this game to last past the initial hype. It won't happen if they advertise as staying away from p2w when in reality there is p2w everywhere in the game.

    Describe everywhere. I'm currently calmly playing Mushking and doing UGC and I do not feel like I've won anything, or even paid to progress. Or actually, describe "anywhere" first.
    HoIy wrote: »
    This game is design like a mobile game where they time gate you on almost everything so it's more extreme than other games. Normally there's only cap for dungeons but this game caps you on any meaningful progress you have on your character.

    I could fish, play music, do UGC and do house designing uncapped. I was only capped on dungeons, crafting and lifeskill progress. And not like anything meaningful was not capped as well in other games I've played anyway. In GW2 crafting was uncapped, but only as far as useless things go. If you wanted to make good equipment it was hello timegate to you.
    HoIy wrote: »
    Mushking is already dead and it's the only game mode you can play.

    Are you OCE? I'm EU and while we all collectively don't like the mode enough for most people to not log in after having made their character and spend time silently waiting for release, mushking still pops with queues taking seconds during prime time.
    HoIy wrote: »
    Achievement and world quest is hardly content I mean login and look at the river right now. Is that really playing the game? Bunch of people afk swimming?

    I've gotten all the reasonable ones (except for swimming, climbing and bomb throwing) and yes, it kind of is playing the game?
    HoIy wrote: »
    There will always be people who defend the company no matter how bad the decision is because it's not a big deal to them. Look at Bless a huge scam but many people just told the player base to quit if they don't like the game or to stop taking it so seriously. Now the player base went from 30k to 2k in a few weeks? If you don't care about game sustainability that's fine but I don't understand why I have to stop my criticism.

    I'm the "merret revives are P2W" girl with a huge dislike ratio that put her reputation on the line to fight to change Maplestory 2 for the better and still gets recognized both in-game and on the forums as THAT girl. So do I really sound like I'm defending a company no matter what?

    Also, we for sure, DO NOT have a Bless online on our hands. I've been there at launch and the game had everything wrong with it, from bad translations, to exploits, to lag, to botting, to no end game.
    Zerolio
  • XxPoseidonxXXxPoseidonxX
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,145
    Posts: 149
    Member
    This no P2W nonsense needs to stop. Everyone has their own and wrong definition of what P2W is.

    I rather we just get the game back as is of CBT2 than for Nexon to listen to these advices that will ruin the game.

    We need the meret revives and all that comes with it. We don't want the game to turn into an elitist grindfest, even if many people here are begging for it, that's not what we want. Less than 50% of our playerbase has the time for that. Less than 50% of our playerbase will fully appreciate that.

    Casual players should be able to clear chaos raids. NO ONE should be excluded from a group just because they are bad or bad gamer with bad mechanics and poor skill. That's not what this game is. That's not what I want it to be.
  • mirta000mirta000
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,825
    Posts: 259
    Member
    Casual players should be able to clear chaos raids. NO ONE should be excluded from a group just because they are bad or bad gamer with bad mechanics and poor skill. That's not what this game is. That's not what I want it to be.

    No-one should be excluded based on the size of their wallet either. If this problem arises on GMS2, we need a different solution. Anything from more free revives, to two difficulty levels, to different ways of getting gear.
  • XxPoseidonxXXxPoseidonxX
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,145
    Posts: 149
    Member
    edited 5:13PM August 31, 2018
    No, you're wrong with this. Being able to pay to progress means you will be allowed to clear content that you otherwise cannot by spending money. This way you can still be included in the hardcore events and content despite a low skill rating.

    Removing this mechanic forces more people into the excluded domain.

    We should be trying to include more people not less.

    What you (not you particularly) are ignoring is that skilled players will never be excluded. You can solo a raid, you can clear a raid without dying once 80%+ of the time, or if you know all the mechanics? You will always get a party.

    Cash shop just lowers the skill requirement, it doesn't make those players more favored than players with a high skill level.

    Edit;

    And also you can't stop P2W. MS2 is being good to us by encouraging some of these practices within the domain of the rules and legal activity. So, we should welcome it. What people are asking for by fully excluding it is an overly inflated black market outside the game. That's what will truly destroy the game and it's economy.
  • paipanloverpaipanlover
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,620
    Posts: 118
    Member
    I dont like paying cash to revive. In Maplestory 1 back in 2006, when zakum first was released, there were no revives. If you died, you were done. RIP. And we all died in our first ~10 runs. The problem got 100% solved by giving the players better and cheaper potions(New Leaf City) and being able to spam potions. We couldnt die, unless there was a lag. While in MS2, potions have a cooldown time and potions heal over time. We cant spam potions. Maybe this can be changed a bit for raids. I would like it.