Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

[UPDATE] Mushking Pre-Season Known Issues

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 58,135
Administrator
edited 3:41PM August 24, 2018 in Official News
This post will be updated with additional information about these, or new, issues, and we will work to address these issues as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

forums_knownissues.jpg

We are aware of the following important issues in MapleStory 2 and Mushking Royale:
  • The Blockade and Arcane Orb abilities are interacting in an unexpected manner.
  • If you claim Royale Rewards and then delete your character to create a new one, your Royale Level will be unchanged on your new character, but all rewards claimed by the now-deleted character will be unobtainable.

LotussDraigel1skanderitnachankiepixCubeNoobyukheiiTaksuiAjaksCatalyst

Comments

• TamakiSakuraTamakiSakura
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 5,065
    Will people abusing the Arcane Orb glitch be penalized?
    1skanderDanDKBakaAnikiAlcyonariaMorningRegretDraigelDarkpixie99SisterFisteryukheiiSeasiderand 6 others.
  • CrownMeKingCrownMeKing
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 885
    They won't be punished watch.
    SisterFisteryukheiiiMakeItRayn
  • NachoCheeseNachoCheese
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 465
    edited 5:08PM August 24, 2018
    They won't be punished watch.

Maplestory's own fault for not catching this beforehand, when you reward the top 200 and there is a "exploit" to get them there. Can you blame the players for using it? Especially when the consequences of not using it is incredible frustration.

Please delete the orb. Royale is unplayable at the moment.
    LihnohankiepixyukheiiiMakeItRaynZatchCircuitWolfKinoKuma
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 29,085
    edited 4:08PM August 27, 2018
    What you should have done: Immediately shut down the servers, fix the issue, then consider resetting the entire ranking system since we're still at the beginning of the season.

What you have done: Nothing, except 'acknowledging' that there is an issue, after dozens of players have screamed about it for days and you've tried to silence every thread on the forums.

What will happen now: Everyone abuses the system and nobody will get penalized. Then, after you finally fix the issue after several days, the people who abused the system have gained a huge advantage which they get to keep over those who did not wish to / dared not to / knew not how to abuse it. Everyone will still get their awards, and the abusers have won as usual.

Lesson learned: In Nexon games, always abuse everything you can get away with.

Also: You promised us an actual official post for the Premiere content before the weekend, as far as I can understand, but I don't see that anywhere either. (Edit: That actually did show up, at the last possible moment as usual, during the end of Friday afternoon PST.) Also, your original promise to give frequent developer blog updates has not really worked out either.
    NachoCheeseZhadyBakaAnikiDraigelAlcyonariaMorningRegretCariseiitnachankiepixGunPowderand 11 others.
  • BakaAnikiBakaAniki
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,075
    Will people abusing the Arcane Orb glitch be penalized?

They better be. Keep in mind that the rewards are worth a pretty good amount of cash. If they're not gonna do anything about it then Nexon is basically insentivating this toxic behavior and more people will be willing to exploit everything they can since there will be no punishment or consequences.
    AlcyonariaDanDKMorningRegretDraigelSisterFisteryukheiiSeasiderCircuitWolfLastSaturdayCyliland 1 other.
  • AlcyonariaAlcyonaria
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,690
    DanDK wrote: »
    What you should have done: Immediately shut down the servers, fix the issue, then consider resetting the entire ranking system since we're still at the beginning of the season.

What you have done: Nothing, except 'acknowledging' that there is an issue, after dozens of players have screamed about it for days and you've tried to silence every thread on the forums.

What will happen now: Everyone abuses the system and nobody will get penalized. Then, after you finally fix the issue after several days, the people who abused the system have gained a huge advantage which they get to keep over those who did not wish to / dared not to / knew not how to abuse it. Everyone will still get their awards, and the abusers have won as usual.

Lesson learned: In Nexon games, always abuse everything you can get away with.

Also: You promised us an actual official post for the Premiere content before the weekend, as far as I can understand, but I don't see that anywhere either. Also, your original promise to give frequent developer blog updates has not really worked out either.

Nexon won't risk losing gold pass sales, nothing will happen and exploiters/cheaters will get free stuff or Nexon will forfeit everyone's prizes to save even more money.
    Taksui
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,850
    They should honestly be working on patching this ASAP, I die 99% of the time to this exploit. 1% of the time to Toadies. Those guys giggles give me nightmares.
    DanDKLa3elle
  • EmanuEmanu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 335
    Another issue related to "deleting character" is that the deleted character will stay in the leaderboards and he gets score as you do games with your new character. The only problem is: If i manage to get founder pack on top 200 will it be bound to a character name already deleted or to your account? As far as i know pretty much everything is character bound .-.
    Cheyenne
  • CrownMeKingCrownMeKing
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 885
    edited 6:16PM August 24, 2018
    If ranks get reset i'll be pretty upset.. I have been grinding all this time to be top 10 and gain a good lead. Do not want to lose this.
    NachoCheese1skanderRayonek
  • MS2RangerMS2Ranger
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 500
    I think what should happen is people who abuse it(with cold hard evidence) should get DQ-ed or get their rank reset.
    CubeNoobyukheiiSeasiderLa3elleNessiesan
  • HoIyHoIy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,830
    When people crash when they try to buy NX you guys had an emergency maintenance after a few hours. When people are abusing a mechanic that ruins the game for the whole mode -- nothing after days of it being abuse. Are you guys serious? This will cause you more sales in the long run.

At the very least remove the block so that it can't be abuse if you don't know how to fix it. At least make a statement saying it's not allowed.

It's gotten to the point where unless I use the same combo I can't even play. Anyone can just turn around and do the combo and there's nothing I can do. At this point if you're not doing the bug you're doing your squad a disservice because there's no way you will make it to top 10 unless you avoid fighting everyone.

BakaAnikiDanDK1skanderAlzackSeasiderLa3elleMS2IntroductionNessiesan
  • GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,885
    best fix for now is remove orb
    CubeNoobTicXuRayonek
  • MochaLatteMochaLatte
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,345
    I'm pretty sure there is also some form of hack going on in addition to the orb+block thing. The person runs up to you while mounted, often knowing exactly where you are inside a bush even if the circle is still huge (this could be done with radios, but still), and the second their character touches you, you get warped to the other side of the map, usually outside the circle so you die quickly to the poison, and most importantly, you DON'T show up as having been killed by the hacker in the kill feed AND you can't spectate them to find out their name or watch what they do because they didn't hit you.

Even hackers and bugs removed, I hate this mode so much, it has no part of what makes the actual MS2 so fun. I would completely and totally avoid it, but because of the battle pass and mushroom coin shop, you're forcing our hands. You could fix it, but it would need some pretty substantial changes. I would recommend something like:

1. Remove the fog of war. It's annoying and it doesn't work properly, you can for example see monsters die and items drop, even if the player is invisible. It also encourages running and hiding which isn't fun gameplay, but they're urged to run because the combat is so clunky.
    2. Remove all the skills/buffs, and add back only the ones that truly do something unique, and balance them so that all of them will be utilized, based on how they work in different scenarios, not by their raw power level. Dash, the 2 basic attacks, and all the main skills should fit within QWERASDF.
    3. Now because you have ~4 attack skills, all balanced to be equal but tailored to different situations, change the item drops to a universal ammo system, and of course make them much much rarer. Try to equalize cooldown times so no single attack is prioritized over others for it's attack speed. Also be sure to balance attack damage based on how aggressively the skills autoaim, especially if coupled with a really long range.
    4. Pick attacks that either ALL work on multiple levels, or ALL work on just 1 level so that they can be dodged by standing on an obstacle or dropping to a lower layer.

Those changes could make for combat that involves thoughtful decision-making and dodging... where the current game amounts to just spamming buttons as fast as possible while standing still, or abusing a couple OP skills after collecting enough of them.
    yukheiiGarlicBreaddrizztelIvk
  • hankiepixhankiepix
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,140
    edited 2:15AM August 28, 2018
    I really hope they reset the ranks. No good rewarding bad behaviour and Mushking gameplay is so depressing when you can be one shot by people abusing the bug that should've been fixed.
    Also, have you been made aware of the authentication error? I and other players have got this pop up asking us to restart the game because the "Authentication was invalid" which continues to appear around every minute until the game is restarted.
    Hopefully there is a second emergency maintenance and all of these issues are resolved, I have high hopes for this game!

EDIT: Here is a screenshot of the notification that ( once first appearing randomly) would keep showing up every minute until you restarted your game.
    5nr9mf.jpg
    yukheiiIvkNessiesan
  • CubeNoobCubeNoob
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,000
    Not everyone's abusing this and people are aware of it, I've been constantly playing Mushking Royale and would rather not have the system reset and waste my time over to catch up again. Sure the skill can be removed to fix the issue.

There are people with good hearts that play the game as is and fair in square.
    1skanderConsolableyukheiidrizztel
  • FiendFiend
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 595
    IGN (NA-W) : Titan

I got up to top 15-20 in squads without this glitch. Then today that's all I faced, I am competitive and follow the meta. I'm quitting the game until you fix this, I have used it plenty today because I got tired of it happening to me and losing points. Someone finally messaged me with their frustration and wouldn't accept my apology. And now people are threatening bans etc. As someone who hates losing, this is an extremely frustrating position to be in and I've lost all the fun I built. Fix this
    ZatchKinoKumaNessiesan
  • GunPowderGunPowder
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,855
    Reset the rankings so everyone start on even grounds again. We're still more than a month away from release.
    DanDKyukheiiNessiesanhankiepix
  • YoungFoxMarieYoungFoxMarie
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,460
    and here I am. Where my only issues are with Meret purchases. Bought merets worth of 30 euros via XSolla (Due to ideal) And.... 30 minutes later I still havent received them. However my money is gone c:
    Nessiesan
  • SnoogemSnoogem
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,900
    hankiepix wrote: »
    I really hope they reset the ranks. No good rewarding bad behaviour and Mushking gameplay is so depressing when you can be one shot by people abusing the bug that should've been fixed.
    Also, have you been made aware of the authentication error? I and other players have got this pop up asking us to restart the game because the "Authentication was invalid" which continues to appear around every minute until the game is restarted.
    Hopefully there is a second emergency maintenance and all of these issues are resolved, I have high hopes for this game!

Can confirm also got authentication bug, got pushed into thorns and died due to the popup showing up before i could move out...
    NessiesanAruraune