Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

How Many Hours a Day Will You Play

XxPoseidonxXXxPoseidonxX
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,450
edited 12:36AM August 22, 2018 in General Chat
This poll is to gauge the daily gaming activity of our GMS2 Playerbase.

I didn't find a good poll on this topic.

I would also like to know how many hours a week everyone expects to play as well.
  1. How many hours a day will you play?153 votes
    1. 1-2
       29% (45 votes)
    2. 3-4
       25% (39 votes)
    3. 5-6
       14% (21 votes)
    4. 7 or more
       31% (48 votes)

Comments

• SrslyrlySrslyrly
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,225
    Due to work and other priorities, I'd expect to play 1 to 2 hours on average each day (with the exception of weekends).
    LaurieMoonSisterFister
  • VoiaVoia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,920
    One or two hours each day but no more.
    SisterFister
  • XxPoseidonxXXxPoseidonxX
    I chose 3-4 considering the launch and weekend time I might dedicate. However, if I could vote again I would choose 1-2 as that is more fair to what I am capable of.
    mirta000SisterFister
  • VoiaVoia
    I chose 3-4 considering the launch and weekend time I might dedicate. However, if I could vote again I would choose 1-2 as that is more fair to what I am capable of.

Well nornaly i spend much hours with kind game that i like ( 5-7 hours )
  • GunPowderGunPowder
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,875
    I wanted to play a couple of hours per day, but the game is releasing towards the end of my Summer break.
    I'll probably be able to play every other day, or perhaps during the weekends.
    mirta000
  • TseneTsene
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,475
    edited 3:38AM August 22, 2018
    My hardcore MMO days are long over. I like to spend time in a lot different kind of games these days and play MMOs more casually. At start I'd expect 3hours or so a day but later on I'm sure it'll be less or more. My playtimes daily vary a lot and depend on my mood! :)
    mirta000SisterFister
  • Takagii15Takagii15
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 450
    During the day I'm usually doing other stuff and don't like to play games often anyways, usually a couple hours later at night. If you asked this question many years ago though it would probably be 3-4.
  • yukheiiyukheii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,245
    Since I'll be in college when the game launches, my average daily will most likely be in the 3 - 4 hour range.
  • ultrakatizultrakatiz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,155
    1-2 hours a day on work days.
    During vacations, maybe 6+. I might do less due to limits on life skills and dungeons though.
  • RinqoRinqo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,000
    Going into my toughest semester so idk I also have to deal with work but if I'm lucky 1-2 hours per day, maybe much more on days I don't have classes or work.
    It seems like we have more players who will play for less time than those who will play for more time.

Although, it's a close scale. 25:19 in favor of players who play 4 hours or less at the time of this post.

I was wondering mostly because a grind heavy game would favor those with more free time.
  • MidnightNyaMidnightNya
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,790
    edited 6:37PM August 26, 2018
    My work is drawing, so essentially I always have free time.

But I also play like 3 other games.

I'll see myself ranging from like an hour to 10 depending on the circumstances of each day.

In regards, this is hardly a grindy game unless you want to start putting alt characters into the equation. Getting to level 50, even 60, shouldn't take more than a month even for casual hours (it's like 10ish hours to get to level 50 if you go for it, and there's a dungeon limit of 30 for a week too). So the growth from all the extra hours other people have may not reflect as drastic a favor. At worst you'd only see it really in chaos raids (and pvp) the disparity, otherwise it's pretty friendly to low hour players.
  • HangukjjangHangukjjang
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,055
    Work, bills, rent, school

3 hours at most, 2 realistically
    XxPoseidonxXmirta000DarekSisterFister
  • PravixPravix
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 570
    i don't have a job atm so probably 7 or more a day
  • bobobobo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 905
    Day 1: 3 hours of BR Me: "ok hmm.. not bad... I can do this..." (reaches level 10)
    Day 2: 7 hours of BR Me: "hrrghhhh... what am I doing with my life....?" (reaches level 20)
    Day 3: 4 hours of BR Me: "droools** ok I'm done, going back to MHW to preserve my sanity" (reaches level 22)

honestly though, I probably would dedicate at least 1 hr a day and maybe more on the weekends. I actually voted wrong and thought you were asking how many hours a week because of what your post said ^^; that's how tired I was after BR, I can't read words =o=;

with working full time, running errands, and playing other games on the side, I can't really do 7+ hours of heavy grinding, jeebus.
    unless I was a kid with no responsibilities, jobless, or THIS is my job, not sure who would spend so much time a day doing this.
    XxPoseidonxX
    bobo wrote: »
    Day 1: 3 hours of BR Me: "ok hmm.. not bad... I can do this..." (reaches level 10)
    Day 2: 7 hours of BR Me: "hrrghhhh... what am I doing with my life....?" (reaches level 20)
    Day 3: 4 hours of BR Me: "droools** ok I'm done, going back to MHW to preserve my sanity" (reaches level 22)

honestly though, I probably would dedicate at least 1 hr a day and maybe more on the weekends. I actually voted wrong and thought you were asking how many hours a week because of what your post said ^^; that's how tired I was after BR, I can't read words =o=;

with working full time, running errands, and playing other games on the side, I can't really do 7+ hours of heavy grinding, jeebus.
    unless I was a kid with no responsibilities, jobless, or THIS is my job, not sure who would spend so much time a day doing this.

I voted somewhat wrong myself too. lol. I'll just consider the deduction as 1 vote from 7 or more.
  • WifuPilloWifuPillo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,205
    100 hours a day. I dont have a life
  • VoiaVoia
    WifuPillo wrote: »
    100 hours a day. I dont have a life

You have and that is unlimite! :D
    Akimaou
  • BearSenseiBearSensei
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,240
    probably 1 or 2 since i work and my final semester is coming up, that's why i would really like Rune Blader to be out on the 1st so that i can at least enjoy my class
  • PioPicoPioPico
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 820
    Where is the <1 hour option?
    Lily_