Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

MichaelMouseStar - Mod Application

Comments

• BluclueBluclue
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 5,060
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Bluclue wrote: »
    Regarding his discord ban:
    From what i heard, it was because he accidentally posted a RMT site on discord. The whole situation sounds ridiculous. The best you can say about it would be that he could be abit more careful about the links he shares if he ever does become a VFM.

How can you become a VFM if you're perma banned from the spot you want to exclusively VFM in? That was kind of my whole point of mentioning the ban in the first place. I'm just really confused what the process is that could allow you to become a VFM after being permanently banned.

As far as i know. The review to remove his ban is underway. So its not a 'permanent ban'. As far as i know, his ban is a result of a careless mistake. Besides maybe carelessness i do'nt see any reason for this ban to be a major consideration in whether or not he should be a VFM.

I also see no merit in trying to use the situation to downplay mouse. You should know that it just speaks poorly about character and benefits neither side. You are also currently pending an application. While many of us may feel you do'nt stand a chance at the moment. Please take into consideration of your current position before making remarks like these. It is easy for people to make assumptions.
    EternalxmewberiRikkule
  • EternalxEternalx
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,895
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Regarding his discord ban:
    From what i heard, it was because he accidentally posted a RMT site on discord. The whole situation sounds ridiculous. The best you can say about it would be that he could be abit more careful about the links he shares if he ever does become a VFM.

How can you become a VFM if you're perma banned from the spot you want to exclusively VFM in? That was kind of my whole point of mentioning the ban in the first place. I'm just really confused what the process is that could allow you to become a VFM after being permanently banned.

As far as i know. The review to remove his ban is underway. So its not a 'permanent ban'. As far as i know, his ban is a result of a careless mistake. Besides maybe carelessness i do'nt see any reason for this ban to be a major consideration in whether or not he should be a VFM.

I also see no merit in trying to use the situation to downplay mouse. You should know that it just speaks poorly about character and benefits neither side. You are also currently pending an application. While many of us may feel you do'nt stand a chance at the moment. Please take into consideration of your current position before making remarks like these. It is easy for people to make assumptions.

Agree.
  • mirta000mirta000
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 8,125

He is the only applicant for VFM to manage to get himself banned. I also think that RMT should be taken seriously.
    ShadowsBenea
  • MichaelMouseMichaelMouse
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,080
    edited 8:29PM September 18, 2018
    I have spoken with several VFMs and have messaged Cuddles as well. Multiple VFMs said repeatedly that it looked like a genuine mistake as the link I posted led to an actual article talking about why you shouldn't buy mesos, which unfortunately happened to be on a website that sold mesos. It was a poorly written article, but I wanted to share it anyways. I was on mobile, so the shopping cart was not visible and you actually had to go through a few steps to get to the page to buy the mesos. I understand anything I say and do can be used against me, which I hope you're not planning out an attack, and this may seem like I'm going against VFM orders to not talk about my ban, however I believe the community deserves to know. I am willing to explain if you would like to know, please just DM me. Whether you choose to believe me or believe the lies being spread around, this is what I have to say. Thank you again for your support.
    ColonelKitKat
  • EternalxEternalx
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,895
    edited 5:49AM September 19, 2018
    @mirta000: Going to other peoples' applications and witch hunting is seriously unprofessional. It's fine if you feel the community should know about a ban. but one post is sufficient. Why do you insist on visiting this thread over and over to argue this point?
    As said before multiple times, I have already messaged Cuddles and have confidence that she will understand. This doesn't mean I don't expect to be unbanned as I did something wrong and have been given the rightful punishment, but it was a genuine mistake and I believe that both Cuddles and the VFM would understand. The interesting thing is that I deleted the link in a few mere seconds after posting it without knowing that it was on a mesos selling website. If you saw it, you would say it looks like an article as well. I know I should've checked for the contents of the website to be extra careful and I truly do apologize, but this should give you warning as well to not ever accidentally post anything in the wrong server.
  • CyberliskCyberlisk
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,415
    edited 2:59PM September 24, 2018
    Maybe VFM at a later date . I think becoming a VFM right now after events would cause too much stir / drama . There is certainly a group of people that strongly feel they don't want you in the role , which means if you get the role there will be a large group of people that will possibly not agree with your moderation decisions.

On the flip side , your application is like the hottest topic here so . Maybe you could call it your Trump Card.
  • ShadowsBeneaShadowsBenea
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,780
    edited 2:25PM October 24, 2018
    I'm just confused as to why there is 10,000 views on this application and most others receive less than 2k. I personally agree with Cyberlisk that maybe you should re apply another time after your ban is withdrawn or even a bit after that. The position is about being trustworthy, responsible, and respectful. I personally believe you should have looked at the website and made sure it wasn't against the TOS before posting it.
  • GawertyGawerty
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 640
    I'm fairly new to the Maplestory 2 community as a whole compared to plenty of people here, but I'd like to weigh in as well

I don't think you'd be a good choice for a potential moderator, you've got a LOT of drama following you in this community, as the post above me did state, you may know the rules, and you may have the activity that is necessary for ANY potential moderator applicant to have, but you have this infamy of past decisions you've made that will likely shadow the rest of your experience here in this community.

Whether that be through this application here and now and the responses you've received as a whole from the Community, or from how others will remember you from the decisions you've made as a whole since having joined this community.

Everyone learns from their mistakes, you could say, but then there's also the simple truth that where there's smoke, there's fire. What I mean by this is that, you've got a lot of smoke following you, and that smoke isn't just going to dissipate immediately, change isn't something you can say is going to happen and expect everyone to believe you immediately, it's something that takes time, and a fair bit of it; you've painted a picture of yourself for this community that isn't entirely trustworthy, and if your entirely serious and committed to proving that your trying to change, then avoid creating more smoke or eventually even that fire, and prove it. Don't just say your going to change and expect us to immediately believe it to be so.

I think that if you had avoided the issues that have arisen from your past decisions from the get-go, by not making those decisions, then you'd be an excellent member of the community with a very good chance, but as it stands, I have to go with no.

I don't mean this to be discouraging in any way, I'm putting my opinion out there and am hoping that you'll take something positive from it, good luck!
  • MálaluMálalu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 790
    If you really commited for a change as you say, then you should wait, as people say you are doing this for the sake of the mod you want to be.

Give yourself a time to show the people that you really changed, one month maybe, but right now you got no feedback of the community and even worse, they have showed you pretty solid reasons of why (on their opinion) you are not fit for the possition right now.
    I'm just confused as to why there is 10,000 views on this application and most others receive less than 2k. I personally agree with Cyberlisk that maybe you should re apply another time after your ban is withdrawn or even a bit after that. The position is about being trustworthy, responsible, and respectful. I personally believe you should have looked at the website and made sure it wasn't against the TOS before posting it.

I'm curious to know why you remind me to read the TOS. I don't mean this as an attack, but a mere question to my curiosity.
    Gawerty wrote: »
    I'm fairly new to the Maplestory 2 community as a whole compared to plenty of people here, but I'd like to weigh in as well

I don't think you'd be a good choice for a potential moderator, you've got a LOT of drama following you in this community, as the post above me did state, you may know the rules, and you may have the activity that is necessary for ANY potential moderator applicant to have, but you have this infamy of past decisions you've made that will likely shadow the rest of your experience here in this community.

Whether that be through this application here and now and the responses you've received as a whole from the Community, or from how others will remember you from the decisions you've made as a whole since having joined this community.

Everyone learns from their mistakes, you could say, but then there's also the simple truth that where there's smoke, there's fire. What I mean by this is that, you've got a lot of smoke following you, and that smoke isn't just going to dissipate immediately, change isn't something you can say is going to happen and expect everyone to believe you immediately, it's something that takes time, and a fair bit of it; you've painted a picture of yourself for this community that isn't entirely trustworthy, and if your entirely serious and committed to proving that your trying to change, then avoid creating more smoke or eventually even that fire, and prove it. Don't just say your going to change and expect us to immediately believe it to be so.

I think that if you had avoided the issues that have arisen from your past decisions from the get-go, by not making those decisions, then you'd be an excellent member of the community with a very good chance, but as it stands, I have to go with no.

I don't mean this to be discouraging in any way, I'm putting my opinion out there and am hoping that you'll take something positive from it, good luck!

You said you're a new member of this community and I'd like to welcome you, but I really think you should look into some of these cases before you can make a statement on it. And some of these issues were difficult to avoid. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. I did a giveaway and even after multiple tests, an issues out of my control arised. I fixed it as quick as possible. I was banned for a genuine mistake in which you haven't heard the full story. I'd be happy to offer you the full story with conclusive evidence if you are truly interested. Please feel free to contact me on Discord @MichaelMouseStar#4266. Thank you for your reply.
    Málalu wrote: »
    If you really commited for a change as you say, then you should wait, as people say you are doing this for the sake of the mod you want to be.

Give yourself a time to show the people that you really changed, one month maybe, but right now you got no feedback of the community and even worse, they have showed you pretty solid reasons of why (on their opinion) you are not fit for the possition right now.

I get that and I waited and waited if you check the timestamps. I tried my best to stay out of trouble and keep in the low, but it's hard when every mistake, whether it's in your control or not is the key determining focus over all other qualifications. It seems people just want to see me making mistakes over focusing on the good things I've done. I tried my hardest to fix up some of these mistakes, yet I know it's impossible to as changing perspective is difficult. I can't keep saying I've changed, but I'd like to think so.
  • BazzazBazzaz
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 550
    Honestly, your application and responses feel very fake. I do not know you, but it seems you are trying way too hard to become a moderator for the sake of being a moderator. The constant defending of yourself is showing that you are not fit to be a moderator right now, as you clearly cannot handle feedback. You should let time pass by and reapply another time when you have the correct mindset.
    Enomotomirta000
  • IWALY69IWALY69
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,195
    No , This person seems to be too childish to been given responsibility !
    mirta000
    I knew I never really had a chance of being accepted as a VFM, but I think I've seen enough corruption and incompetence which many can agree upon among the current VFMs that I'd really rather just remove myself from the narrative. I don't care if this thread is kept open or not, I'm still shocked by the amount of views and balance I was able to maintain on my poll. Game's slowly dying as community gets smaller and smaller anyways, it's undeniable. So, have fun with your chores.
    LaurieMoon
This discussion has been closed.