Please read this notice regarding the Crystal Ore shop >> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45351/regarding-the-crystal-ore-shop
Closed

MichaelMouseStar - Mod Application

Comments

• AvidDerpAvidDerp
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,495
    If you've noticed from other moderator applications, this one has more complaints than any of them. That should be enough to let you know MichaelMouse is not fit for this position. You have done a lot of childish things in the Discord and I wouldn't trust you with that kind of power. Sorry, but it's a no from me.
    AlziiSephMoistMewCharmmirta000PixelPantsuRhystrettoyukheiiPoseHierolaxSeasider
  • 2D2D
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,325
    Captjyjyfjfyfyure.png
    michaelmouse is a great candidate for moderator, and i think he would do a wonderful job moderating the discord server as he never gets muted and always follows the rules

this of course is not a biased or sarcastic comment
    PetalmagicSephMoistmirta000AvidDerpAyoitsianRhystrettoyukheiiHero_ZekeNazariPoseand 5 others.
  • SunMisoSunMiso
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 630
    I think Mouse would make a good mod. Promoting yourself is in no way wrong to do in my opinion. I say yes!! :)
    MistyFable
  • MistyFableMistyFable
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 860
    mirta000 wrote: »
    I voted no, mainly because Mouse gets muted 6 times a day due to spam.

People can change Mirta.
    yukheiiSnackCakes
  • MistyFableMistyFable
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 860
    MistyFable wrote: »
    Hmm it seems good, but you noticed you are active in the discord. That is good, but can you also look from a different point of vieuw at the discord, as a VFM, instead of being just a member? There is a big difference in what you can say as a member than as a VFM....

I completely understand the attitude from a member may be different from being a VFM. I will make sure to act professionally at all times. I assure you I will never give out false info or info that I am not sure of. I understand there are restrictions to what I can say. I must always stay in line and my job is to serve the community and not for the benefit of power.

I notice your change already. You got my vote!
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,690
    Kaiiea wrote: »
    wabsol wrote: »
    as someone who is currently casual on the discord thing I saw his name allot popping up. I think he is perfect for the role as he has experience and the biggest plus is that he realizes the power he can wield and i am pretty sure he will be responsible with this power.

Yes, but he did spam friend requests on Discord requesting for people to view this thread and vote him up.

I did not spam anyone. I sent DMs kindly asking for you time to read my application. I did not beg for any likes. I apologize if it may have seemed that way.

Sugar coat it all you like, but you were still asking for people to vote you up.
    Still a no from me.
    mirta000
  • mirta000mirta000
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 8,175

People can change Mirta.

Mouse is such a changed man that today he took upon himself to witchunt Sham.
  • MichaelMouseMichaelMouse
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,180

People can change Mirta.

Mouse is such a changed man that today he took upon himself to witchunt Sham.

I was not trying to witchhunt anyone. If I was, I'd be muted or warned in which I was not. Thank you for commenting.
    Kaiiea wrote: »
    wabsol wrote: »
    as someone who is currently casual on the discord thing I saw his name allot popping up. I think he is perfect for the role as he has experience and the biggest plus is that he realizes the power he can wield and i am pretty sure he will be responsible with this power.

Yes, but he did spam friend requests on Discord requesting for people to view this thread and vote him up.

I did not spam anyone. I sent DMs kindly asking for you time to read my application. I did not beg for any likes. I apologize if it may have seemed that way.

Sugar coat it all you like, but you were still asking for people to vote you up.
    Still a no from me.

I respect your opinion, but I thank you for taking your time to comment.
  • AyoitsianAyoitsian
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,165
    I'm saying this not as a friend, but as an active member of the discord as well. My tag on discord is Sushí and I have seen Mouse's activity on the server and despite the numerous mutes, his ability to be serious when the time comes for it is consistent. As long as he's able to moderate or change some of the more questionable conversation topics when time comes, with his activeness on the server he would be a great moderator. It's a yes from me.
    MistyFableyukheiiSnackCakes
  • mirta000mirta000
    edited 7:40AM August 25, 2018
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MapleStory2/comments/9a6iun/a_few_weeks_ago_umichaelmousestar_held_an/

this should be known and/or responded to.

EDIT: Mouse responded on reddit claiming that it was his friend's paypal.
    Original thread creator posted the paypal's charge back notification showing the account's name was "Michael Mouse"
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,460
    When I entered the Discord group I was a bit confused and never gathered the courage to say much in the chat as people always talked too much and 200 active people writing is a bit of "too much" for me. Mouse was kind and answered all my "already answered" questions and even got me to meet some new people letting me enjoy the Discord Community. He did not ask for my vote here, he did not state anything about that and my vote here is based on my thoughts about him and how cozy he made me feel in the Discord Community.

ToS says you can't "Engage in conduct that is harmful, harassing, defamatory, -etc-" in the V. CODE OF CONDUCT section. I won't say anything more about this.
    jJ5bNJB.png
  • mirta000mirta000
    edited 7:23AM August 25, 2018
    NekoLily wrote: »
    ToS says you can't "Engage in conduct that is harmful, harassing, defamatory, -etc-" in the V. CODE OF CONDUCT section. I won't say anything more about this.

(edit in order to not turn this into an accusation thread) If something so grave is being discussed on reddit, I think forums should also know and Mouse should respond.
  • OlujiwanOlujiwan
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 7,405
    Forum Moderator
    First, let me be clear; This should NOT turn into a witch hunt thread of any sorts, or I will delete those posts.

However, in terms of transparency, I believe those who apply to be moderator are directly opening themselves up to more scrutinous investigation. This also means that some things may surface that happen or have happened that may influence the decision made.

In that light, I will let the posts stay for now. So there can be a civil discussion on the offensive and defensive side. It is part of what you'll endure as a moderator and it shows how you handle critique.

Consider this a warning to those wanting to escalate beyond proportions.
    I truly apologize for what happened, I never meant to scam anyone. I have paid the guy back with a debit card that I can not make a chargeback. I am working on resolving the dispute as soon as possible. Thank you for understanding.
    SnackCakes
    AvidDerp wrote: »
    If you've noticed from other moderator applications, this one has more complaints than any of them. That should be enough to let you know MichaelMouse is not fit for this position. You have done a lot of childish things in the Discord and I wouldn't trust you with that kind of power. Sorry, but it's a no from me.

I don't think the amount of complaints should determine anything, but rather more of how I can deal with them. I've done childish things in the past, but what's growing up without lessons. I've tried my best to demonstrate that I can change, but I appreciate you took the time to comment and vote.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MapleStory2/comments/9a6iun/a_few_weeks_ago_umichaelmousestar_held_an/

this should be known and/or responded to.

EDIT: Mouse responded on reddit claiming that it was his friend's paypal.
    Original thread creator posted the paypal's charge back notification showing the account's name was "Michael Mouse"

You may want to read this.

https://reddit.com/r/MapleStory2/comments/9a9eik/giveaway_incident/?utm_source=reddit-android
  • NekunNekun
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 700
  • AvidDerpAvidDerp
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,495
    edited 12:27PM August 26, 2018
    AvidDerp wrote: »

I don't think the amount of complaints should determine anything, but rather more of how I can deal with them. I've done childish things in the past, but what's growing up without lessons. I've tried my best to demonstrate that I can change, but I appreciate you took the time to comment and vote.

Okay, I completely understand a part of growing up is learning from mistakes. Its a problem though when you're changing the way you act for the sake of a position and not from your own merit of changing for the better. If you weren't applying to be a moderator, can you really say you would've changed anyways?
  • HierolaxHierolax
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,130
    'Sup Mouse. I saw this thread being kicked around and decided to weigh in. Since you put this out to the community, I feel obliged to say what's on my mind..

"Am I fit to be a Moderator for MapleStory 2?"

The short answer is no. The long answer is no.

Allow me to explain. It's fairly evident that you get around, especially on the official MapleStory 2 discord, this is a plus in terms of moderator eligibility. You're well known and you have devoted a lot of time on there--precisely what is expected of a mod. Furthermore, I personally know that you have an extremely ample amount of knowledge when it comes to the rules (both for Discord itself and the official MapleStory 2 server), again another point for your suitability. But, here's the problem: You have a pretty checkered history. There are a litany of transgressions that I can fire off from the top of my head, but to keep things clear and objective I will only mention the few that is detrimental to what you're applying for:

1) You frequently break the soft rules
    While you boast an understanding of the rules, it's not uncommon to see you betray these very same rules at random. Anything from spam, to ignoring the necessity of off-topic/chat lounge, to cussing and ad hominem. This isn't too big of a deal, as everyone is imperfect and I'm sure every (current) moderator has behaved in a similar way prior to becoming a mod.

2) You are sporadic, unpredictable
    Seguing into the above point, your behavior patterns are uncanny. Anyone who knows you or knows of you may attest to witnessing you act professional and serving the community to nosediving back into seemingly endless bouts of off topic spam/pettiness in general. I expect consistency from the people who surround me and especially from a would-be moderator.

3) You exploit the rules to your own end
    This one goes a bit back and perhaps you'll shrug it off as being in the past and something you've 'grown up from'. But hear me out. Mouse the thing that terrifies me about your moderator application is that I have known you to be a provocateur, you would boast of how you baited individuals into breaking the rules on the maple discord server for the sake of reporting them as if it were a game or a sport. It's true that your targets did break the rules, but it was with your provoking that poisoned the well so that you could cry foul. It had 100% of your intention to go down that way for everyone you reported and (while I have no supporting evidence since it was an activity from a while ago) you would boast to your peers of your exploits.

I do not want my dialogue to appear as hostile, Mouse, but that's why I'm saying no. Is it possible you've learned from all of the above and are sincere in being a positive force for change? Absolutely. Should this community take a chance--a leap of faith--on you in spite of all of this? Absolutely not. I trust and hope that the powers that be have a more rigorous and exemplary moderator selective process. Personally, if I am to be moderated by other people then I would want consistency of good attributes and behavior as this determines if they can be trust-worthy. I feel that taking a gamble on you is not worth the pain it may cause.

Sorry bud, but that's my two cents.
    PetalmagicSephMoistSrslyrlyHero_Akuma524AvidDerpPravixmirta000PoseTouhouand 4 others.
This discussion has been closed.