Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

MichaelMouseStar - Mod Application

MichaelMouseMichaelMouse
Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,080
edited 9:21PM October 8, 2018 in Moderator Applications
- A brief description of why you think you are a right fit to become a Moderator.
Maplestory 2 is a game that I'm sure everyone here enjoys and closely follows upon the news surrounding it. We already have a good game in hand, but we also need a good community. I want to become a moderator to improve and maintain the positive lively community we have now. I am ready to handle any task I am given, but I'd like to focus on gaining the position of a Discord VFM.

Some may know me and some may not, but my name is Mouse. I've done a giveaway on the official subreddit for a founder's pack. I'm insanely active on the official Discord, spending most of my day there chatting with pretty much anyone who decides to say 'hello.' I enjoy the accompaniment of the community and believe I'm the right fit to stay on watch and "guard" it. I've worked with countless Discord servers moderating for them as a moderator and an admin. I love this community and I'd like to stick with it and moderate it where ever it goes as it means a lot to me.

- What do you hope to achieve and provide for the community as a Moderator.
While the current discord moderators do a great job at what they've been instructed to do, there can be a disconnect from them and the community. I don't blame them for being busy, they clearly had the qualifications, but I believe that there should be more socializing involved. I'm perfect for this. Besides my moderating experience, I have mentioned before that I'm highly active on the Discord. I enjoy talking to people and I have a vast amount of free time to spend with this great community. The community has given me joy and accompaniment, I'd like to provide them and any new members with the same experience. When I can clearly see that someone is upset or being left out, I will do anything I can do change this and brighten someone's day. I will even take it to DMs and have a personal heart to heart if that is truly needed.

I can assure you that I will not make any rash decisions without hearing stories from all sides. I don't wish for anyone to be falsely muted or banned. As a member of this community, I understand when someone is making a joke and when someone is being serious. I'm not saying I won't punish anyone for making any joke. If the joke is offensive and is clearly a violation of the rules, I must take action.

I know how it feels being muted. The first thing you express is anger and complain to a VFM. I can handle these situations calmly and explain in exact steps why the action was taken. I will also make sure that my bias stays out of my punishments. I don't care if the person is my friend or not. I believe everyone is equal and should be treated equally.

- Do you have any experience moderating for other communities? If yes, please explain.
I have 5 years of experience as an admin on a Minecraft survival multiplayer server. This is where I learned everything I know about moderation. I practically grew up here from being a moderator to an admin. I was a moderator for a verified Discord of an SCP game that is yet to be released for about 6 months. I was a moderator for an Ace Attorney Discord server for about 5 months. I have been an admin on a decently sized gaming Discord server for about a year now. I enjoy being a moderator, enforcing rules with power that should be handled with responsibility.

Thank you for taking the time to read through my application. I appreciate any type of criticism you may have in the comments. Discord ID: MichaelMouseStar#4266. A special thanks to VFM MarkM for helping me write my application.
KlownsggLucionNyunoSnackCakesAyoitsianJqdnNekunJJSwag101nekololizNimeroand 3 others.
  1. Am I fit to be a Moderator for MapleStory 2?223 votes
    1. Yes
       54% (120 votes)
    2. No
       46% (103 votes)

Comments

• PravixPravix
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 570
  • BladehurtsBladehurts
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 590
    +1 .. Mod this person , Nexon!
    MichaelMouseSnackCakesJqdnColonelKitKat
  • MistyFableMistyFable
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 860
    Hmm it seems good, but you noticed you are active in the discord. That is good, but can you also look from a different point of vieuw at the discord, as a VFM, instead of being just a member? There is a big difference in what you can say as a member than as a VFM....
    MichaelMouseyukheiiColonelKitKat
  • DrinthapDrinthap
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 800
  • Mochachino0Mochachino0
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,165
    I voted mousey.

is me Sims Freak frm discord
    MichaelMouseJqdnColonelKitKat
  • wabsolwabsol
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 770
    as someone who is currently casual on the discord thing I saw his name allot popping up. I think he is perfect for the role as he has experience and the biggest plus is that he realizes the power he can wield and i am pretty sure he will be responsible with this power.
    MichaelMouseyukheiiJqdnColonelKitKat
  • MichaelMouseMichaelMouse
    MistyFable wrote: »
    Hmm it seems good, but you noticed you are active in the discord. That is good, but can you also look from a different point of vieuw at the discord, as a VFM, instead of being just a member? There is a big difference in what you can say as a member than as a VFM....

I completely understand the attitude from a member may be different from being a VFM. I will make sure to act professionally at all times. I assure you I will never give out false info or info that I am not sure of. I understand there are restrictions to what I can say. I must always stay in line and my job is to serve the community and not for the benefit of power.
    MistyFableGGAINyukheiiColonelKitKat
  • mewberimewberi
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,495
    Honestly, mouse would be a wonderful edition to the mod team as he's both active and dedicated
    MichaelMouseSunMisoyukheiiJqdnColonelKitKat
  • SrslyrlySrslyrly
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,120
    Forum Moderator
    Hi @MichaelMouse! I've chatted with you on Discord and after reading through your application, I support you being a moderator. @MistyFable does bring up a valid concern, but I think your prior experience moderating communities alleviates any concerns I have regarding that. Just remember that the responsibilities of a VFM is not limited to Discord, but also includes moderating of the MS2 Forum.
    MichaelMouseJqdnColonelKitKat
  • iPantiesiPanties
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 695
    You argue back against VFM's when they try to voice the rules onto you, so you're getting no vote from me.
    MichaelMouse
    iPanties wrote: »
    You argue back against VFM's when they try to voice the rules onto you, so you're getting no vote from me.

I understand it may seem like this to you, but I will and have a completely different attitude as a VFM. I'm sorry to hear that you're voting no, but I respect that.
    SunMisoGGAINyukheiiColonelKitKat
  • SteffeeeSteffeee
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,020
    edited 1:59PM August 21, 2018
    If you Mod this man child, You'd be what's wrong with the world.
    MichaelMouseIWALY69
    edited 2:00PM August 21, 2018
    Steffeee wrote: »
    If you Mod this man child, You'd be what's wrong with the world.

I appreciate your comment, but could you possibly note some reasons of why I wouldn't qualify?
    SunMisoyukheiiColonelKitKat
  • KaiieaKaiiea
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,935
    wabsol wrote: »
    as someone who is currently casual on the discord thing I saw his name allot popping up. I think he is perfect for the role as he has experience and the biggest plus is that he realizes the power he can wield and i am pretty sure he will be responsible with this power.

Yes, but he did spam friend requests on Discord requesting for people to view this thread and vote him up.
    MichaelMouseMeowicRhystrettoGGAINyukheiiIWALY69
  • SteffeeeSteffeee
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,020
    cRsDoK If you Mod this man child, You'd be what's wrong with the world. https://ibb.co/cRsDoK

I appreciate your comment, but could you possibly note some reasons of why I wouldn't qualify?

Honestly? Cute how offended you got on discord, but here your'e trying to act professional.
    MichaelMouse
  • mirta000mirta000
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 8,125
    I voted no, mainly because Mouse gets muted 6 times a day due to spam.
    MichaelMouse
    Kaiiea wrote: »
    wabsol wrote: »

Yes, but he did spam friend requests on Discord requesting for people to view this thread and vote him up.

I did not spam anyone. I sent DMs kindly asking for you time to read my application. I did not beg for any likes. I apologize if it may have seemed that way.
    cRsDoK If you Mod this man child, You'd be what's wrong with the world. https://ibb.co/cRsDoK

Honestly? Cute how offended you got on discord, but here your'e trying to act professional.

well it should represent how I can change, I respect your choice to vote no if you want to.
    ColonelKitKat
  • JoshLancelotJoshLancelot
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 655
  • XphobiaXphobia
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,000
    edited 11:23AM September 23, 2018
    Part 2
    AvidDerpmirta000PixelPantsuRhystrettoJirachuPose
This discussion has been closed.