Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Knight's in the late game?

WhiteJesterWhiteJester
Maplestory 2 Rep: 825
edited 8:16AM August 15, 2018 in Knight
Hey all, with the approach of the announcement of the official release I have been having a hard time deciding what class I will actually play. I've experimented with all the classes during both CBTs and I don't know how to feel about Knight. In other MMOs I usually play tanking classes and have a good time, but in MS2 with it's mechanics and not really needing a dedicated tank, how are Knights?

Levels 1-30 felt like a pain, so I want to know if some of the later content, how needed Knights are and do they really contribute anything to the team outside of spamming shield toss?

Comments

• kawingshekkawingshek
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 7,460
    edited 11:27AM August 15, 2018
    The true test is when you reach as early as Fire Dragon but it's more noticable in Balrog and Chaos Raids as you have the opportunity to show off if you have the skill to time in your abilities to protect your party.

You'll also be doing call outs to gather up so your teammates knows when to stick close to you for those abilities. I can't stress enough when you are expecting a good leader/tank to call out for shields because you'll make it easier for the dps to keep dpsing while avoiding certain mechanics.

Other than that, it's pretty much self performance on managing your rotation of DPS. If you do not have a 2nd Knight to split up builds for raids then you'll probably want to consider to shield toss for the party for increased raid damage.

If you do have a 2nd Knight, then your build can be changed drasticly for DPS build while the other one dedicates on shield toss.
    WhiteJesterCatalyst
  • WhiteJesterWhiteJester
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 825
    Thanks, that was really helpful, and it sounds like something I'd like to play for Raids. I was just hoping that Knight's didn't get relegated to worse Priest come the raids, standing back and giving buffs instead of getting in there and fighting.
    kawingshek
  • kawingshekkawingshek
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 7,460
    edited 1:00AM August 16, 2018
    Nitpicky players will look at the dps meter, every class/player needs to chip in some damage to contribute the clear due to Chaos Raid will have time limit on beating the raid. Therefor not only do you need to know mechanics to block one shots K.O but also dps (Yes even priests).

You just gotta find a good party and learn the mechanics and performing the best you can while keeping your party alive (as a Knight/Priest).
    As for dps classes, some minor mechanics such as killing adds and dpsing the boss down while avoiding mechanics.

Knight was introduced here aswell to "vaccum" or more like drag/pull enemies(Typhoon Slash) with them to the platform so the dps could aoe them down (Wizard in this case for Chaos Devorak due to elemental resistance adds and they take more damage when they aren't standing in the purple water).

More info and perhaps preview can be shown in the other post by @Saintone if you want some more in-depth info regarding Knight.
    http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/34965/guide-knight-compendium-by-von-saintone
    Catalyst