[NEWS] Reserve Your Name!

Comments

• NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 55,480
    Administrator
    Hey Maplers. I will try to provide answers shortly. Following up with the team on the concerns. :-)
    StarfishLa3elleTheGamerChickSkeeeUnicorne
  • SnowedSnowed
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 525
    OldCoffee wrote: »
    Snowed wrote: »

Hi Cuddles, I was wondering if you can help me download the preliminary version, as I don't see the download button anywhere on the nexon launcher.GkyuDR5.jpg
    Thanks in advance~

Hi Snowed! I'm not Cuddles, but are you sure you are logged into the Nexon Launcher with an account that has a MS2 Founder's pack? After looking, an account of mine without a pack shows what your picture shows (No Play Button) whereas my account with a pack shows the play button.

If you DO have a founder's pack and the button still isn't showing up, I'd go submit a support ticket as maybe the pack wasn't redeemed correctly.

Best of luck!

Thank you so much OldCoffee!
    This was just the answer I was looking for. I was planning on purchasing the founder's pack but was worried it would of been all for nothing if the download/play button was not available. Now I can gladly buy one without the worry~ :)
    OldCoffeeDanDK
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,335
    Will names be available right after deletion for re-creation if need be?
  • SSBMKaiSSBMKai
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 775
    Hey Cuddles, it should be 1 PM EDT, not 6 PM. The main page post has the right times.
    SubglaciousTheGamerChick
  • iPantiesiPanties
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 530
    Oh wow good thing I'm over here checking the forums. I was expecting a 3PM PDT still, thankfully it's earlier.
  • R1v3r5R1v3r5
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 610
    What would be the time for a certain state in the U.S. New York or Connecticut? Just wondering
  • TheGamerChickTheGamerChick
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,010
    edited 9:01PM August 10, 2018
    Great news!

Quick question because I'm confused when looking at your list and comparing it to time converters. Is 10am PDT 1pm in EST? - I see the correct times are on the official site: maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/34362/reserve-your-name
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,335
    R1v3r5 wrote: »
    What would be the time for a certain state in the U.S. New York or Connecticut? Just wondering

Erm...Eastern time o-o"
    R1v3r5
  • mewskittymewskitty
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 805
    edited 10:05PM August 10, 2018
    If i reserve a name in a WEST NA server and changed my mind to EAST NA server, does it applicable?
  • XxPoseidonxXXxPoseidonxX
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,190
    I knew it would be in the middle of the day.

...But I am prepared. :)
  • AskaLanglyAskaLangly
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,385
    edited 12:05AM August 11, 2018
    I will share this for people who don't know how to convert 10:00 Pacific to their local time zone.

By the way, thanks for using Pacific time instead of Alaskan time. Or will the servers still use Alaskan?
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 25,380
    mewskitty wrote: »
    If i reserve a name in a WEST NA server and changed my mind to EAST NA server, does it applicable?

Since each character is created individually, you can reserve a different name per server.
  • ChillBearChillBear
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,390
    I appreciate the change of hours. It was getting quite awkward for those of us in Europe who have to work next day and go to bed earlier. Now it's at a more convenient time.
    DanDK
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,945
    Yay earlier than before, I like it. Now make it now, joke
    It will have something to download extra during monday/tuesday or it won't require more than what the CBT2 made us download?

ChillBear wrote: »
    I appreciate the change of hours. It was getting quite awkward for those of us in Europe who have to work next day and go to bed earlier. Now it's at a more convenient time.

But now Aussies have the 3am timing: there's no way to find a right time for every single timezone in this globe.
    DanDK
  • DanDKDanDK
    NekoLily wrote: »
    It will have something to download extra during monday/tuesday or it won't require more than what the CBT2 made us download?

If you check the original post it says that there will be an additional preliminary download.

• NekoLilyNekoLily
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,945
    DanDK wrote: »
    If you check the original post it says that there will be an additional preliminary download.

I know, but "Download this preliminary version of the MapleStory 2 client through the Nexon Launcher when it becomes available" is a bit confusing. It doesn't state anything in particular and people that bought it could not have participated in any CBT too. What should be called "preliminary version" when CBT players already have downloaded 5GB?
  • XxPoseidonxXXxPoseidonxX
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,190
    edited 6:24AM August 11, 2018
    But now Aussies have the 3am timing: there's no way to find a right time for every single timezone in this globe.

Totes would have prefered the 3am timing. Taking off from work for Maple is a little ... extra.
    TheGamerChick
  • DanDKDanDK
    I know, but "Download this preliminary version of the MapleStory 2 client through the Nexon Launcher when it becomes available" is a bit confusing. It doesn't state anything in particular and people that bought it could not have participated in any CBT too. What should be called "preliminary version" when CBT players already have downloaded 5GB?

I agree it's vague but that's the standard from Nexon. It's very unlikely they'll go any more in details, so your best bet is to check in Monday or a few hours before scheduled time and see if there's an additional download waiting or not, and get it if there is.
    La3elle
  • HyphoxHyphox
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,090
    which times are correct the forum's one or the launchers one?

Forums says:
    PDT (UTC -7): 10:00 AM August 14th
    EDT (UTC -4): 6:00 PM August 14th
    BRT (UTC -3): 7:00 PM August 14th
    CEST (UTC +2): 12:00 AM August 15th
    AEST (UTC +10): 8:00 AM August 15th

Launcher says:
    EDT (UTC -4): 1:00 PM August 14th
    BRT (UTC -3): 2:00 PM August 14th
    CEST (UTC +2): 7:00 PM August 14th
    AEST (UTC +10): 3:00 AM August 15th
  • SubglaciousSubglacious
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,410
    Hyphox wrote: »
    which times are correct the forum's one or the launchers one?

Forums says:
    EDT (UTC -4): 6:00 PM August 14th
    BRT (UTC -3): 7:00 PM August 14th
    CEST (UTC +2): 12:00 AM August 15th
    AEST (UTC +10): 8:00 AM August 15th

Launcher says:
    EDT (UTC -4): 1:00 PM August 14th
    BRT (UTC -3): 2:00 PM August 14th
    CEST (UTC +2): 7:00 PM August 14th
    AEST (UTC +10): 3:00 AM August 15th

Launcher times are all correct, forum PDT time is correct, rest of the forum times weren't updated.
    DanDKTheGamerChick