Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

[NEWS] Reserve Your Name!

Comments

• SymphonixzSymphonixz
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 625
    In all honesty, I wish the name things were reset, like let us know for the name reset now and then let us choose names I guess 2 days before release. You know since a lot of us had to wait for a reschedule on the name picking and didn't know when it was going to be. Like I had to go away for awhile after we couldn't pick our names on that exact time, so by the time I came back, I couldn't pick a name that I really wanted (still got a decent name but not the point). I just would like a fair chance at getting a name I want. I think the rest feel the same, also why are people selling names? XD
    Datahound
  • AskaLanglyAskaLangly
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,070
    Meridan wrote: »
    Nexon launcher: You don't have permission to access this product?
    I bought a founders pack 2 weeks back...

Tried repairing the installation?
  • ZelosoroZelosoro
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,485
    edited 11:20PM August 14, 2018
    AskaLangly wrote: »
    When I want to play by my lonesome...
    DRKeJw3.png

You won't be alone. NA East will be there for you ^^. :)

EDIT: Oh and what happened to AskaLangley? I'm a big NGE Fan too :C
  • AskaLanglyAskaLangly
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,070
    Zelosoro wrote: »
    EDIT: Oh and what happened to AskaLangley? I'm a big NGE Fan too :C
    Per request of my real-life best friend, that has been moved to NAW.
  • LoIiLoIi
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 690
    Symphonixz wrote: »
    In all honesty, I wish the name things were reset, like let us know for the name reset now and then let us choose names I guess 2 days before release. You know since a lot of us had to wait for a reschedule on the name picking and didn't know when it was going to be. Like I had to go away for awhile after we couldn't pick our names on that exact time, so by the time I came back, I couldn't pick a name that I really wanted (still got a decent name but not the point). I just would like a fair chance at getting a name I want. I think the rest feel the same, also why are people selling names? XD

This is something that only benefits those that didn’t get their name. We have no idea how many people participated in the event, how many successfully got their name, or anything else. It’s ignkrignthise that took the whole day off to begin with that successfully got theirs and those that feel safe in the fact they got their reserve who might not have the opportunity to participate if the event was redone.

I can understand being upset but redoing the event also doesn’t seem fair for those that already participated.
    JirachuGiroSheleneWooksterRuChats
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,360
    edited 11:10AM August 15, 2018
    I would rather have an apology item extra for every owner of a founder's pack: something like getting that gacha hairstyle of your choice or 10 coupons for it or whatever; than a reset for the reservation name as I'm 100% sure another person will take "my nickname"
    404261199144943616.gif?v=1
    Shelene wrote: »
    NekoLily: I would be HELLA mad. But sigh, guess I should be happy I got founder bonuses and stop complaining. Just wish they were better about not screwing with us.
    I was HELLA mad, that's why I went to the cinema, got a good night sleep and tried to find a solution to "my stolen nick". I found a fairly similar name (same meaning, 2 letters more) and I'm happy with it even though it's still sad I didn't get "my nickname".
    DanDKLa3elleSheleneGunPowder
  • MahmuMahmu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,250
    If anyone was able to reserve the ign Rom in EST please pm me, thank you
  • AndrewMS2AndrewMS2
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
    StormCTRH wrote: »
    AndrewMS2 wrote: »
    I got the name Andrew in every server but East so I'll main him in the West. I shall find Andrew in the East on my female character named Gorgeous and troll him!!

While this is a cool feat, if you never intend to play in certain regions, you shouldn't really reserve names there.

Obviously I intend to play there if I reserved a name there. Thanks for the concern though.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,315
    edited 3:44PM August 15, 2018
    LoIi wrote: »
    Does anyone know if ther wil be shop items that lets you change the voice of your character and look etc.. ?

I don't think Nexon has ever added anything like voice options in the cash shop before.
    If you've ever played the game Elsword, there are options to change the voices by region via options menu.
    I'm not sure MS2 will work the same way, given Nexon's gift of greed.
    There is a beauty salon and dye NPC for all your cosmetics, I just don't know what the true cost will be in blue merits (NX).
    The dyes seem to be strictly gold, unless Nexon gets fancy with the dye styles and adds in some cash options.
  • Mapler22222Mapler22222
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 675
    Some online games (pc, mobile, etc) have a system in which everyone can use a repeated name, so everybody is going to be happy with their choice but on their info appears a random number which makes the difference, I wish names were free for everyone with a random number distinction, examples: clash royale and heroes of the storm among others.
    EspiraPhoenix
  • XxPoseidonxXXxPoseidonxX
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,450
    edited 12:12AM August 16, 2018
    Some online games (pc, mobile, etc) have a system in which everyone can use a repeated name, so everybody is going to be happy with their choice but on their info appears a random number which makes the difference, I wish names were free for everyone with a random number distinction, examples: clash royale and heroes of the storm among others.

This defeats the purpose of reservation; however.

Considering also we've already paid for it, and the event has already been held.
  • SymphonixzSymphonixz
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 625
    LoIi wrote: »
    Symphonixz wrote: »

This is something that only benefits those that didn’t get their name. We have no idea how many people participated in the event, how many successfully got their name, or anything else. It’s ignkrignthise that took the whole day off to begin with that successfully got theirs and those that feel safe in the fact they got their reserve who might not have the opportunity to participate if the event was redone.

I can understand being upset but redoing the event also doesn’t seem fair for those that already participated.

Sadly, your right, it's still frustrating though it didn't start on the exact time, because just like this event, they are appointments, times for doing something at that exact moment.
  • NekibriNekibri
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,415
    edited 1:59PM August 16, 2018
    No worries for my friends and me = D