[NEWS] Reserve Your Name!

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 55,365
Administrator
edited 4:34PM August 10, 2018 in Official News
Starting at 10:00 AM PDT on Tuesday, August 14th, players with Founder's Packs will be able to create their first character in MapleStory 2 in advance, reserving your preferred name for use in the official launch!

ms2w-546-180809-reserve-your-name-banners-forums-960x290.png

Download this preliminary version of the MapleStory 2 client through the Nexon Launcher when it becomes available. Once downloaded, create your first character so that, when MapleStory 2 is officially released, you don't have to worry about someone else stealing your favorite name!
character-creation.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________

Name Reservation FAQ
________________________________________________________________________________

Q: When does Name Reservation start?

A: Name Reservation begins at:
  • PDT (UTC -7): 10:00 AM August 14th
  • EDT (UTC -4): 6:00 PM August 14th
  • BRT (UTC -3): 7:00 PM August 14th
  • CEST (UTC +2): 12:00 AM August 15th
  • AEST (UTC +10): 8:00 AM August 15th

Q: How many characters and names can I create?
A: You are allowed to create one character per region. We ask that you avoid creating characters on servers you don't plan to frequent, so that other players have the opportunity to create characters with their favorite names.

Q: What parts of Character Creation are available?
A: You will be prompted to select your character's class, gender, face type and cosmetics, hair style and color, skin tone, starting outfit and name. The character you create will be available for use when MapleStory 2 officially launches.

Q: What if I just want to reserve a name, and not select a class yet? What if I decide later that I'd rather that character be a different class?
A: If you know what character name you want to reserve, but aren't sure on the class or other details yet (or afraid you'll change your mind), don't worry! You can create your character now to lock down that name, and when the official release arrives, just delete the created character to free up the name and create your new character as you see fit!

Q: Do players that purchased the Legendary Package get preference over those that purchased an Explorer Package? What about those that didn't purchase a Package but were awarded one from an event or giveaway?
A: It's first come, first serve for character names, no matter which Founder's Pack you purchased or how you acquired it. As long as a Founder's Pack has been purchased or redeemed by your Nexon account, you'll be able to create your first character and reserve your name!
mirta000SnuggelinaHyphoxGunPowderSubglaciousMooseumNaosNahoZerolioSnowedand 12 others.

Comments

• SnuggelinaSnuggelina
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,440
    edited 12:13PM August 10, 2018
    Thanks Cuddles, maybe some of the impatience would cease at last.... or maybe not. Next thing will be the impatience about when headstart will be. XD

Edit:

I think important information to add to the name reservation FAQ is "how many characters/letters can a name be? Are special characters/spaces allowed?"

This is so players can have a list of names ready according to GMS2's naming conventions.
    GunPowderSubglaciousNaosXphobiaDevereauxR1v3r5Verlo
  • HyphoxHyphox
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,090
    Can someone please tell me what time excactly the name reservation will start for UTC+2?
    Because I'm not sure now if it's (in the 24h clock) 24:00 at midnight on the 14th-15th or 12:00 (afternoon) on the 15th or 24:00 midnight on the 15th-16th?
  • GunPowderGunPowder
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,950
    Oh, how I hope the client will be available a couple of hours before reservations go live and not a minute before...
    SnuggelinaSaxie88La3ellejonathvn
  • SnuggelinaSnuggelina
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,440
    edited 2:15AM August 14, 2018
    Hyphox wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me what time excactly the name reservation will start for UTC+2?
    Because I'm not sure now if it's (in the 24h clock) 24:00 at midnight on the 14th-15th or 12:00 (afternoon) on the 15th or 24:00 midnight on the 15th-16th?

I'll say 11:59 PM on August 14th or the start of the 15th, hopefully that clears up your confusion?

Edit:

Since times were changed it's now at 7 PM for UTC +2
    Hyphox
  • SubglaciousSubglacious
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,305
    edited 11:52AM August 10, 2018
    Will Mushking Royale winners be assigned their packs in time for name reservations?

Edit: The post also only mentions a start time. Will character creation be available until the game actually releases or has the end time not been decided yet?
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 25,265
    Thanks for the details on the name reservation procedure.

I still think it's quite awkward to actually have to log into the game to reserve what's basically one string of information. Was it that hard to set up a website that everyone has equal chances to access?

This is kind of a race to log into the game which not only favors faster computers but also can be decided by random crashes that your client has had since CBT1.

Also have you considered the people that never was able to get past the login screen at all? Will they now be unable to reserve names as well while you don't yet fix your bugs?

Midnight on the 14th-15th.
    SnuggelinaNekoLilyGunPowderHyphoxwanyenXphobiaAlzackSnackCakesSaxie88Evoraand 1 other.
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,905
    Snuggelina wrote: »

I'll say 11:59 PM on August 14th or the start of the 15th, hopefully that clears up your confusion?

PDT is 9 hours behind UTC+2, so it being 3pm on the 14th means you need to just add 9 hours, meaning the midnight between the 14th and the 15th. Or 11.59PM 14th August or 00.01 AM 15 August
  • La3elleLa3elle
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,835
    NXACuddles wrote: »
    Q: What if I just want to reserve a name, and not select a class yet? What if I decide later that I'd rather that character be a different class?
    A: If you know what character name you want to reserve, but aren't sure on the class or other details yet (or afraid you'll change your mind), don't worry! You can create your character now to lock down that name, and when the official release arrives, just delete the created character to free up the name and create your new character as you see fit!

How does this work exactly with founder's pack going to first character? Do the items only go onto it if you log into the game? So we can delete it > remake character > log in with new character and receive the items on that account?

DevereauxAlzack
  • KoniiKonii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 735
    edited 12:01PM August 10, 2018
    Can we get an answer about Mushking Winners? Name reservation is Tuesday next week and today is Friday already, I doubt we will get any information about that during the weekend, so that means that we only have Monday for any kind of official announcement?

And another question, people that already used their name reservation will still be able to upgrade their founder's pack grade?
  • DanDKDanDK
    La3elle wrote: »

How does this work exactly with founder's pack going to first character? Do the items only go onto it if you log into the game? So we can delete it > remake character > log in with new character and receive the items on that account?

That's quite an important question indeed, since people will be unable to do anything if they've locked the name to the first character but don't know whether the correct choice is to delete the original character or not. However, I am sure that they will not punish you for deleting the name reservation character because if they did, they are just asking for countless complaints at release. I mean, people losing $100 worth of items because of poor instructions? No matter what, I'm fairly sure your items are safe.

I'd advise you to wait and hope this question will be answered when they finally release more info about the Founder's Packs they've been selling us for a month without clearing up details about these things.
    Konii wrote: »
    Can we get an answer about Mushking Winners? Name reservation is Tuesday next week and today is Friday already, I doubt we will get any information about that during the weekend, so that means that we only have Monday for any kind of official announcement?

And another question, people that already used their name reservation will still be able to upgrade their founder's pack grade?

If we're lucky, we might get some information Monday which is the latest possible day to decide whether to buy a pack or not for the name reservation. Otherwise, tough luck, you have to buy a pack just to make sure! Though I expect this won't happen as the people who know they won a pack must surely receive it in time for the name reservation, unless Nexon likes being masochists.

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to upgrade after name reservation. You can upgrade all the way until release.
    KoniiscllAlzackTheGamerChick
  • GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,620
    I don't get why they wait till near last minute to release information on things....
    ShawnyyDanDKTheGamerChick1skanderSumeSnackCakescatkin
  • ShawnyyShawnyy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 790
    That was my whole point @garlicbread when I made my discussion post in the general chat. like yes we have the information but it would be nice if we could have information sooner than later as broken or subject to change that it might be we have some of the information ahead of time so that we can make the necessary arrangements that we might have to. Am I happy the information was released? Yes, but that's not the point. the point is the fact that its last minute information about a date that was set and announced a long time ago. in my personal opinion I think they are slowly realizing they need to increase the transparency and communication and are slowly moving in the right direction. Or I could be dead wrong and we could continue to see slow lackluster information releases. guess we have to just wait and see.
    DanDK1skander
  • StarfishStarfish
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 905
    Thanks for the information! I was expecting this to come out on Monday night so this was a pleasant surprise.

Two questions!

1) If we opt to remake our character during official release, will there be a grace period to prevent someone from sniping the name?
    I figure if we decide to delete our character to remake, someone may (coincidentally) try to create a character with that username while we recreate the character especially on the first week of official release when there will be tons of people making characters.

2) If we decide that we want to reserve a different name, will we be able to delete the character with the old reserved name and make a new character with a new name during the name reservation period?
    SnuggelinaNekoLilyDanDKTheGamerChickSnackCakesNyuraYllo
  • XtonyXtony
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,725
    edited 3:04PM August 10, 2018
    I don't get why they wait till near last minute to release information on things....

I don't get why can't they make content, do some testing and taking into account feedback all at once by just snapping their fingers....

DanDK wrote: »
    I still think it's quite awkward to actually have to log into the game to reserve what's basically one string of information. Was it that hard to set up a website that everyone has equal chances to access?

This is just my guess, but they probably don't want to spend some time to either make an entire process to manage each character reservation, or read each request one by one to add them to the database.
    So they'd rather use the character creation built in-game because it's already working fine.

Also not only will you be able to reserve your nickname, you will lso have access to the entire character customisation, so you will have to pick a class and some outfit, hair, hair color, eyes... Which makes more than a single string of information.

La3elle wrote: »

I tested a similar situation with a friend during CBT 2 since we had the Roadtrip rewards pending. My friend made on his account a first character, then made a second one and logged on the second character first. It seems like events and daily login rewards go to the first character you log in each day.
  • biskobisko
    1 UP on if there will be any news on Mushking royale winners before name reservation date.
  • Mochachino0Mochachino0
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 570
    edited 3:25PM August 10, 2018
    ⭐️✨
  • SubglaciousSubglacious
    [1:44 PM] Dkay: @Cuddles players that scored top 10 at mushking royale have not received their founders pack yet, i assume we will be late to reserve our name then, that's a bit depressing, i don't think giving 10 founders packages takes that much time but wellp

[1:49 PM] Cuddles: @Dkay We will have that information up by Monday.
  • DanDKDanDK
    PSA to everyone reading this thread, time has been corrected on website and it will start 5 hours earlier.
    SubglaciousTheGamerChick
  • SnowedSnowed
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 525
    edited 4:23PM August 10, 2018

Download this preliminary version of the MapleStory 2 client through the Nexon Launcher when it becomes available. Once downloaded, create your first character so that, when MapleStory 2 is officially released, you don't have to worry about someone else stealing your favorite name!

Hi Cuddles, I was wondering if you can help me download the preliminary version, as I don't see the download button anywhere on the nexon launcher.GkyuDR5.jpg
    Thanks in advance~
  • OldCoffeeOldCoffee
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 630
    Snowed wrote: »

Hi Cuddles, I was wondering if you can help me download the preliminary version, as I don't see the download button anywhere on the nexon launcher.GkyuDR5.jpg
    Thanks in advance~

Hi Snowed! I'm not Cuddles, but are you sure you are logged into the Nexon Launcher with an account that has a MS2 Founder's pack? After looking, an account of mine without a pack shows what your picture shows (No Play Button) whereas my account with a pack shows the play button.

If you DO have a founder's pack and the button still isn't showing up, I'd go submit a support ticket as maybe the pack wasn't redeemed correctly.

Best of luck!
    ShawnyySnowedSubglaciousLa3ellemirta000