Release time table or information time table???

ShawnyyShawnyy
Maplestory 2 Rep: 835
Posts: 27
Member
edited 1:48AM August 8, 2018 in General Chat
Can nexon or one of these forum admins at least tell us some kind of time table for when we can expect either information for the release date OR at least give us a time table of when we should expect to learn more information? I feel like after the CBT nexon just said nice job everyone thanks for your money CYA! like I only hear them and the community managers pushing us hardcore to spend, spend, spend and bust open our wallets to buy founders packs yet are completely silent about anything in terms of a rough idea of when to expect release or even a clue as to what is holding the release back. the game is not brand new its been out for years so idk what the extreme hold up is. Yes, u want to balance the game (hopefully), but at least put out some information so that we are not completely in the dark as to what the hell is even going on. all we have to go in is "well the game will be released sometime" not even a soon or in the next month or even knowing if the game is going to be released this year for that matter. tbh I have not a single clue what the big silent secrete is about when the release date will be. The only thing I can imagine that would be is that not even nexon themselves know when its gonna be but yet they want to take our money ASAP.
DanDKIseikiGunPowdermirta000SnackCakes

Best Answers

Answers

  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 25,665
    Posts: 1,919
    Member
    Well, they have to finish processing feedback first before they can plan the details.

    With that said, that's Nexon in a nutshell. They spend a lot of time hyping, promoting and selling (packs) but are very silent when it comes to any practical information. There's no need to buy a pack until the 14th anyway though.
  • TacotimezTacotimez
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 875
    Posts: 29
    Member
    Oh course they want us to buy packs up to $100.00 with zero clue of when the game is coming out. Typical. This game has worked very hard to get people to move on and forget about it. Nexon is clueless about the expectations of American audiences. People here hate being left in the dark. They should at least have the common sense to give us a launch window since we have already been playing the game for months. Next month? Next year? 2029? No one knows, but they still want our money. A shame really.
    DanDK
  • MarkMMarkM
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 10,875
    Posts: 345
    Forum Moderator
    The team is still in the process of sifting through and reviewing feedback left by players after the second closed-beta test. This process itself can be rather time-consuming, as tens of thousands of players participated in CBT 2. Once that data is aggregated and reviewed, the team will then decide how much of this feedback can be addressed, implement any necessary and feasible changes, and then ensure that these changes are as bug-free as possible before the game is deemed fit for release and a launch date is decided.

    We appreciate your patience. :)
    NaosThendriksbolder_taste
  • NeymarNeymar
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 100
    Post: 1
    Member
    edited 6:53AM August 8, 2018
    Just wondering if there is an Official release date set for Maplestory 2 yet?
  • LindelyLindely
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 5,235
    Posts: 216
    Forum Moderator
    Heya!

    No, there was no announcement for the official release date yet.
    Neymar
  • SaitanaSaitana
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 5,020
    Posts: 372
    Member
    MarkM wrote: »
    The team is still in the process of sifting through and reviewing feedback left by players after the second closed-beta test. This process itself can be rather time-consuming, as tens of thousands of players participated in CBT 2. Once that data is aggregated and reviewed, the team will then decide how much of this feedback can be addressed, implement any necessary and feasible changes, and then ensure that these changes are as bug-free as possible before the game is deemed fit for release and a launch date is decided.

    We appreciate your patience. :)

    But even if it's that they don't ever come out like they did each week after CBT1 at least saying "oh we're still doing this" or "oh there is still alot of feedback to go through" or something like "we're halfway done" at least something to let the playerbase/audience know that something is going on or being done and not like they are sitting silently waiting for something to happen.

    I'd rather have an update weekly saying "We're still working on this please be patient" than just them silently just going about their day and when a release window comes everybody is just like "oh... well sh*t finally...."
    Shawnyymirta000
  • NaosNaos
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,480
    Posts: 83
    Member
    Saitana wrote: »
    But even if it's that they don't ever come out like they did each week after CBT1 at least saying "oh we're still doing this" or "oh there is still alot of feedback to go through" or something like "we're halfway done" at least something to let the playerbase/audience know that something is going on or being done and not like they are sitting silently waiting for something to happen.

    I'd rather have an update weekly saying "We're still working on this please be patient" than just them silently just going about their day and when a release window comes everybody is just like "oh... well sh*t finally...."

    While communication is key between a company and its fanbase, it would not reduce complaining. Plenty of MMO launches by other companies have done the weekly updates only to have people complain about hurrying up and releasing it. The fact is people will find anything to complain about whether its "not enough info" or "stop talking to us and finish the game".

    Patience is a commodity in rare supply these days.
    ThendriksSubglaciousKaNoYoMorningRegret
  • NeymarNeymar
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 100
    Post: 1
    Member
    Lindely wrote: »
    Heya!

    No, there was no announcement for the official release date yet.

    Ok, thanks for the quick reply
  • MarkMMarkM
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 10,875
    Posts: 345
    Forum Moderator
    Saitana wrote: »
    But even if it's that they don't ever come out like they did each week after CBT1 at least saying "oh we're still doing this" or "oh there is still alot of feedback to go through" or something like "we're halfway done" at least something to let the playerbase/audience know that something is going on or being done and not like they are sitting silently waiting for something to happen.

    I'd rather have an update weekly saying "We're still working on this please be patient" than just them silently just going about their day and when a release window comes everybody is just like "oh... well sh*t finally...."

    Of course, I understand the concern. Communication between the team and the community is key, I agree. I can assure you that we are currently in the process of reviewing the CBT 2 feedback threads and forwarding that information to the devs.

    The "silence" that followed CBT 1 and will likely follow CBT 2 isn't deliberate, though. The amount of information that needs to be screened is vast, so it can be difficult to estimate exactly how long it will take to process this information, make adjustments to the game, and then test those changes.

    If the team released information regarding estimated dates and proposed changes to the game right now, those dates and changes would be inaccurate -- there's just so much that is still subject to change right now. They would be digging themselves into a hole by making promises they might not be able to keep.

    This is why information regarding dates and changes can't be released until after the details and logistics have been finalized. Disappointment would be inevitable if a tentative date or feature were announced prematurely and then later redacted because the team realized that a specific deadline can't be met or that a proposed feature just wasn't feasible.
    La3elleSubglaciousxTianax
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 25,665
    Posts: 1,919
    Member
    edited 9:52AM August 8, 2018
    Naos wrote: »
    While communication is key between a company and its fanbase, it would not reduce complaining.

    Interesting argument. You're basically saying that it's not worth it to provide any service to the community. I'm sure a company will go very far with this logic.
    Saitana wrote: »
    But even if it's that they don't ever come out like they did each week after CBT1

    It hasn't even been a week since CBT2 ended. Tonight it will be.
  • TriniTrini
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,210
    Posts: 36
    Member
    We all know they are currently reviewing all the feedbacks so it would be pointless for theym saying they are doing so since we know its what their currently doing. Since we get name reservation the 14th for those who bought a founder pack, i'm pretty sure they will give more news about their currently state with the game at this time.
    NaosxTianax
  • NaosNaos
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,480
    Posts: 83
    Member
    DanDK wrote: »
    Interesting argument. You're basically saying that it's not worth it to provide any service to the community. I'm sure a company will go very far with this logic.

    I used to think this way. But after watching launches over the past 2 years I see it really does not make a difference anymore. Things have changed. Sorta like how test invitees used to test and not just play the game for fun. Most players who got into CBT did not bug test or even talk about its development. They just wanted an early play. Players tend to want what they want when they want it. No amount of communication will change that.

    Again, weekly status updates would, however, go a long way to reaching out to the community. Even a simple "Post CBT2 - Week 1 Update" stating what the mod has said above in their responses would be a gesture of goodwill. This investment will pay off down the line. Most of all it will head off any disaster that might occur in development, IE:
    Release setbacks or emergency changes

    These are easier to swallow when there is open communication. Dead silence tends to agitate peoples pessimism.

  • SnuggelinaSnuggelina
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,520
    Posts: 56
    Member
    edited 1:25PM August 8, 2018
    I'm not sure Nexon even knows when they will be releasing, or they might want to keep it a secret to make it a "big reveal" at Pax West. I also highly doubt volunteer Forum Moderators have any information as far as when launch will be, if they are entrusted with this information it'll be strictly under a NDA until they're allowed to reveal information. It's possible that a good amount of the different teams within the company as far as MS2 is concerned is being pushed to focus on Pax West so everything else has been slowed down, but that's only an assumption.

    A lot of companies decide not be transparent and/or fail at it for a number of reasons such as;

    • Company laziness - Sometimes companies are too lazy to keep the proper teams up to date with information in regards to progression that can be relayed.
    • Community exaggeration - People have a tendency to skim and/or interpret things in way it's not intended. For example: If a company gives an estimated release date, a lot of people completely ignore the definition of estimate and complain if it wasn't released on that day.
    • Community impatience - To be honest it could potentially exist either way, how bad it does depends on the community. The community could be extremely vocal due to being left in the dark or exhibit some restraint. The community can be extremely vocal and try to rush progress when a company is transparent or they can be thankful/appreciative that they're kept in the loop.

    Either way, we'll just have to wait. CBT 2 just ended on August 1st, and judging by feedback from people that were in both closed betas it seems there was quite a few bugs in CBT 1 that weren't even fixed in CBT 2. Name reservation is on the 14th so they will have to give us an update on how the system will work as well as try to make sure there aren't any loopholes, bugs, and/or other issues that could surface such as a rollback from data not being saved properly for example. They may or may not (this is an assumption) be trying to prepare a small event to give out a few founder's packs for free. Pax West is on the 31st, in other words there's a lot, much more than we know going on behind the scenes.

    However, I'm by no means trying to impede on others opinions as most of what I've stated apart from the actual facts we've been given is just my opinion based on my past experiences with how other communities have handled transparency when it's given. Personally I like when a company provides the community with a outline of their progress as far what they're working on currently and their next potential steps, but it's a very strenuous task that requires proper communication which is actually lacking in quite a lot of MMO teams. Here's a visual representation for those who haven't seen a progress planner/outline (This is just an example!);


    Example Progress Outline

    First Phase: Compiling data
    Closed beta 1 - Completed! Thanks to everyone who joined us and has shown their support!
    • Gathering feedback from multiple sources: Support Tickets, Forums, Surveys, Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, etc - Completed!
    Closed Beta 2 - Completed! Thanks to everyone who joined us and has shown their support!
    • Gathering feedback from multiple sources: Support Tickets, Forums, Surveys, Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, etc - 70% completed.

    Second Phase: Addressing bugs and errors

    • Analyzing reported bugs/errors - 43%
    • Applying fixes to eradicate known bugs - 21%
    • Testing the applied fixes - 7%

    List of bugs/errors reported/reproduced and patched

    - Small stutters/lag spikes when different interfaces are opened. - 0% repaired
    - Error in the Quest "Pigs flying over the rainbow!" - 100% repaired
    (The quest previously stated that you needed to collect 42 rainbow ribbons to complete it, the description now reads the proper amount of 24.)
    - The animation of the priest skill "Bless" doesn't complete. - 72% repaired
    (Bug was easy to reproduce, a potential fix has been applied, currently being tested in different circumstances)

    and so on and so forth....
    Naos
  • ShawnyyShawnyy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 835
    Posts: 27
    Member
    See it’s one thing when you say the team is reading through feedback and working rigorously but that’s simple a cover your ass response. I have seen this oh so many times in the past where companies go silent and still continue to push content for players to spend money on. My issue is that if the game is so far off from being completed because all of these changes are being made why are they pushing us to but founders packs literally the day after CBT2? Secondly if they have soooooo much feedback to go through and test and change all these things why wouldn’t they just make a damn poll? Perfect example of this is runescape back in the day. Jagex chose to make change so they thought were cool to the game which the players continued to hate which led to the game crumbling into nothingness. Now what did they do? They added a poll to the banks so that jagex lets the players vote and give their opinions on what changes will be made to the game before the changes are made so the team knows how the players feel about changes when will ultimately be stuck playing with. In this case it’s ur feedback crap. What makes you think a group of 10 people in some office that have probably never played the damn game or completed a single dungeon legitimately would know what feedback is good or not? Let alone know what is balanced? U say it’s because they are working so hard that they can’t give us information because everyone is so busy but I say that’s bull and it’s just a quick money grab for them Incase the game sucks and the players leave like in Korea.
  • TheChaosLegendTheChaosLegend
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 7,675
    Posts: 832
    Member
    Impatient much ?
  • NaosNaos
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,480
    Posts: 83
    Member
    Shawnyy wrote: »
    See it’s one thing when you say the team is reading through feedback and working rigorously but that’s simple a cover your ass response. I have seen this oh so many times in the past where companies go silent and still continue to push content for players to spend money on. My issue is that if the game is so far off from being completed because all of these changes are being made why are they pushing us to but founders packs literally the day after CBT2? Secondly if they have soooooo much feedback to go through and test and change all these things why wouldn’t they just make a damn poll? Perfect example of this is runescape back in the day. Jagex chose to make change so they thought were cool to the game which the players continued to hate which led to the game crumbling into nothingness. Now what did they do? They added a poll to the banks so that jagex lets the players vote and give their opinions on what changes will be made to the game before the changes are made so the team knows how the players feel about changes when will ultimately be stuck playing with. In this case it’s ur feedback crap. What makes you think a group of 10 people in some office that have probably never played the damn game or completed a single dungeon legitimately would know what feedback is good or not? Let alone know what is balanced? U say it’s because they are working so hard that they can’t give us information because everyone is so busy but I say that’s bull and it’s just a quick money grab for them Incase the game sucks and the players leave like in Korea.

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=OZeHq7J9aHM
  • ShawnyyShawnyy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 835
    Posts: 27
    Member
    Nah I don’t think it’s being impatient at all I think it’s being real. You people are pretty much saying oh give them time to go through feedback k this that and the third. When ur forgetting one main point. The game is not a brand new game it hasn’t been out for years. If it was a brand new game by all means take ur time go through the feedback but this game is years old and they are still this sloppy with it? And yes if I am paying money i can be as impatient as I want to be. Secondly I just watch the way they do things and it all looks so half assed unthought through. Take name reservations for instance. There has been 0 official posts about it in terms of date and time and specifics of how it’s going to run but yet the date is set for The 14th through word of mouth. That to me is an official date that has no official information put out about it. But I tell u what they can get the founders packs ready for sale within a day after cbt ends. And I’m not mad or angry or whatever you want to call it. I’m being critical like any normal customer would of a product they are paying for. As well as being critical of the way information is passed. Perfect example was when call of duty ww2 came out. The players were so critical and pissed and took to reddit to complain about the issues of the game to sledgehammer games. They complained to the point where people started quitting the game in the thousands. What resulted was sledgehammer games ended up creating a website just to give the players weekly updates of what’s coming out and what the team is thinking in terms of changes to the game. This rage from the players stemmed from the silence from the company in terms of information that they thought they deserved to know. My point is Nexon is acting like sledgehammer games in their silence but when the players realize that they don’t want to be used as a piggy bank/money grab, then the company will actually make changes. You people hold your standards so low for what you expect from them so of course you will get that low. Me? No I expect a certain level of communication when I’m paying for things and I will post until I feel they have satisfied that level.
  • TigaurTigaur
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 990
    Posts: 18
    Member
    edited 2:56PM August 8, 2018
    Shawnyy wrote: »
    The game is not a brand new game it hasn’t been out for years. If it was a brand new game by all means take ur time go through the feedback but this game is years old and they are still this sloppy with it? And yes if I am paying money i can be as impatient as I want to be.

    There's a lot more to localizing a game than just translating the language of in-game text. GMS2 isn't a one-to-one replica of KMS2, so this argument doesn't hold up.

    Shawnyy wrote: »
    Take name reservations for instance. There has been 0 official posts about it in terms of date and time and specifics of how it’s going to run but yet the date is set for The 14th through word of mouth.

    Actually, the date for name reservations was announced on the official Founder's Pack sales page, NOT by word-of-mouth like you say.
    http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/founders


    Shawnyy wrote: »
    And yes if I am paying money i can be as impatient as I want to be. But I tell u what they can get the founders packs ready for sale within a day after cbt ends. And I’m not mad or angry or whatever you want to call it. I’m being critical like any normal customer would of a product they are paying for.

    First off, Nexon isn't forcing people to pay for Founder's Packs to access the game. MS2 is F2P, anyone can play the game once it releases. By voluntarily paying for the pack, you AGREED to pay for an unfinished game knowing full well that not all the details have been released and that the contents of the pack haven't even been finalized at the time you paid for it. You have to take responsibility for your own purchases because you knew what you were getting into. Sure, packs went on sale after CBT ended, but no one coerced you into buying one. You could've waited until the day before launch if you're so bothered by the fact that packs went on sale right after CBT2.


    Shawnyy wrote: »
    No I expect a certain level of communication when I’m paying for things and I will post until I feel they have satisfied that level.

    Again, you knew what you were getting yourself into when you decided to buy a Founder's Pack this early.
    Naosmirta000
  • TacotimezTacotimez
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 875
    Posts: 29
    Member
    MarkM wrote: »
    Saitana wrote: »
    But even if it's that they don't ever come out like they did each week after CBT1 at least saying "oh we're still doing this" or "oh there is still alot of feedback to go through" or something like "we're halfway done" at least something to let the playerbase/audience know that something is going on or being done and not like they are sitting silently waiting for something to happen.

    I'd rather have an update weekly saying "We're still working on this please be patient" than just them silently just going about their day and when a release window comes everybody is just like "oh... well sh*t finally...."

    Of course, I understand the concern. Communication between the team and the community is key, I agree. I can assure you that we are currently in the process of reviewing the CBT 2 feedback threads and forwarding that information to the devs.

    The "silence" that followed CBT 1 and will likely follow CBT 2 isn't deliberate, though. The amount of information that needs to be screened is vast, so it can be difficult to estimate exactly how long it will take to process this information, make adjustments to the game, and then test those changes.

    If the team released information regarding estimated dates and proposed changes to the game right now, those dates and changes would be inaccurate -- there's just so much that is still subject to change right now. They would be digging themselves into a hole by making promises they might not be able to keep.

    This is why information regarding dates and changes can't be released until after the details and logistics have been finalized. Disappointment would be inevitable if a tentative date or feature were announced prematurely and then later redacted because the team realized that a specific deadline can't be met or that a proposed feature just wasn't feasible.

    All silence is deliberate
  • NaosNaos
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,480
    Posts: 83
    Member
    Tacotimez wrote: »
    All silence is deliberate

    Except when it is not.