Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Is crafting classes a thing?

Bearded_BaldyBearded_Baldy
Maplestory 2 Rep: 470
edited 8:05AM August 7, 2018 in Classes
Does this game have crafting classes? Or is it anyone can craft anything?

Comments

• kawingshekkawingshek
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 7,270
    Does this game have crafting classes? Or is it anyone can craft anything?

Any character/classes can craft for themselves.
    Same thing with gathering/mining/harvesting/ranching etc.
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 30,490
    There is an extremely simple gathering and crafting system. It's split across four professions each, but everyone can do everything.
    All gathering professions have a daily cap, so you will be doing all of them at once anyway in order to progress at any reasonable pace (it doesn't make any sense to skip any of them). Each crafting system is tied directly to each gathering profession so they'll progress at the speed which you can gather materials.

Most items you can craft are completely useless, and there are not many items you can craft in the first place that aren't just buffs to the gathering/crafting system itself. All equipment you craft is worthless since you can find better gear on day one.

You can craft snares for the Pet Taming system, but for some reason they decided that it'd be too much effort to require people to level up crafting for that, so they have their own system where everyone can craft them from level 0.
  • Bearded_BaldyBearded_Baldy
    DanDK wrote: »
    There is an extremely simple gathering and crafting system. It's split across four professions each, but everyone can do everything.
    All gathering professions have a daily cap, so you will be doing all of them at once anyway in order to progress at any reasonable pace (it doesn't make any sense to skip any of them). Each crafting system is tied directly to each gathering profession so they'll progress at the speed which you can gather materials.

Most items you can craft are completely useless, and there are not many items you can craft in the first place that aren't just buffs to the gathering/crafting system itself. All equipment you craft is worthless since you can find better gear on day one.

You can craft snares for the Pet Taming system, but for some reason they decided that it'd be too much effort to require people to level up crafting for that, so they have their own system where everyone can craft them from level 0.

Per usual, any mmo early crafting is essentially useless. Most mmos you have the population that hates crafting and others that love it. For those that will progress in crafting, will their be late game benefits to it vs those that dont craft at all?
  • kawingshekkawingshek
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 7,270
    edited 12:13PM August 7, 2018
    Late game crafting will net you some buff potions that is helpful for raiding. Other than that, they had some few things such as randomized mount and I wouldn't say the early crafting stage is bad because you'll get lv 50 helmet and accessory for reaching rank 3 in certain crafting.

Which saves you from farming x amount of RNG drop to get yourself higher gearscore for hard adventure dungeon (it will be useless when you get epic equipments). But other than that it's pretty much something that will keep you busy 15 min per day for some Farmville action.

And don't forget that you get XP for crafting/gathering per node/item which helps you out to level up early stage + get some minor xp for prestige ranks at late game. You also gain specific cosmetic corresponding to the proffession you ranked up with.

edit: utilizing maids for crafting has some benefits aswell such as effect will last even after death from food/buff potions.
    Certain accessorries will be sort of annoying to farm for the right bonus talent/stats so what you could do is to craft accessories with pretty good stats on them without having any dungeon drop cap preventing you. This is of course temporary untill you manage to find an Epic accessory with better bonus stats)

edit2: the higher rank you get with the crafting/gathering. The better reward you get as I mentioned earlier. (Not the same version our not atleast what I got in CBT2)
    zxlZOII.jpg (source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oRJdFg3VMY)
  • TamakiSakuraTamakiSakura
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 6,010
    Per usual, any mmo early crafting is essentially useless.

Hey, now. Early crafting can be quite useful in FFXIV.

DanDK
  • DanDKDanDK
    edited 1:46PM August 7, 2018
    Compared to the crafting system in any serious MMO, it's still a huge joke. As Sakura points out above, the crafting system in FFXIV is actually quite refined.

Each crafting skill in MS2 is currently capped at 15 ranks. Each rank unlocks 2-3 new recipes of which 1-2 will always be an item that only buffs gathering/crafting itself. The other item is largely useless as I already mentioned.

I'm not sure it's possible to unlock the level 50 blue equipment on the first day, and after the first day you will be getting epics anyway. Also, those temporary rewards come from levelling up the skills, but the actual stuff you craft is useless because by the time you reach the second day there is nothing you can craft that is better than anything you can find.

Stuff that is worthy of note is: Beauty Street vouchers, certain cooking meals, and Intermediate Music Sheet. Everything else is quite useless.

You do obtain a bunch of cosmetics accessories as rank rewards while levelling up the skills themselves though.

I don't count assistants as part of crafting since they're .. assistants. And you have to pay separately for those. It's an entirely other category.
  • Bearded_BaldyBearded_Baldy
    Per usual, any mmo early crafting is essentially useless.

Hey, now. Early crafting can be quite useful in FFXIV.

Prob best crafting system ive ever come across tbh. And ty Dk.
    DanDK
  • MeltdownMeltdown
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 440
    So after having read through all this, I'm to assume crafting is effectively pointless in this game? Are there seriously zero benefits on any front?
  • KappaDrewKappaDrew
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 430
    The Crafting system is Kinda limited, however there are a few things that are avail that are majorly worth getting to like crafting epic rings so u can reroll till u get good stats to use or sell on market. but aside from that buffs and some other stuff are avail but its worth doing for sure.
  • DanDKDanDK
    Meltdown wrote: »
    So after having read through all this, I'm to assume crafting is effectively pointless in this game? Are there seriously zero benefits on any front?

As I mentioned, crafting is a good source of some exclusive accessory cosmetics, some daily XP (although you could easily get XP faster by other means), bunch of trophies and titles and preparing your future skills in case they ever decide to add something useful (because it takes a very long time to level up), and finally the items that can be useful such as potential free beauty street vouchers (in the long run, this means free hairstyles/face changes/dyes if you have the patience not to change very often), certain cooking/stat buffs and occasional free music sheet. Though apart from the vouchers, the rest is probably not worth the time and effort spent compared to other means of farming/grinding items.
    kawingshek
  • MeltdownMeltdown
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 440
    Okay, so essentially a bunch of Aesthetic based thing, and buffs. I understand then. I may give it a whirl if cosmetics are involved for sure.
    DanDK