[NEWS] Closed Beta 2 has Ended

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 55,965
Administrator
edited 10:51AM August 1, 2018 in Official News
The second Closed Beta has beeen a world of fun, but it's time to say goodbye as we get back to the grind and get MapleStory 2 ready for its official release! Thank you to everyone over the last two weeks that helped test, experiment, invent and otherwise enjoy MapleStory 2. We can't wait to get the official release into your hands!
thankscbt1_forums_960x290.jpg

Don't forget to submit your feedback about how MapleStory 2 is looking so far! We want to hear from you and get your personal thoughts on the direction, strengths and weaknesses that MapleStory 2 has to offer so that we can create the best game possible, so head over to the Closed Beta 2 Feedback sub-forum to let us know what you think! We've also sent every player that took part in the Closed Beta a survey to gather additional feedback, so keep an eye on your inbox.

As we look over all of the feedback and continue to improve and polish MapleStory 2, please keep an eye on our social media feeds to receive the latest news.
Once again, thank you for your help putting MapleStory 2, and our systems, through their paces. We can't wait to welcome you back to Maple World!
FaelightPPrimmoWooksterRuZerolioegendVerloSterling_AislingHyphoxDoowdoowGlirotusand 3 others.

Comments

• zomzom
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 400
    how do i download after the closed beta 2
  • zomzom
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 400
    it only said lean more
  • KaterineKaterine
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 650
    Now that the beta 2 has closed, will you have to buy the key to play or will it release? ://
  • TempusTempus
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
    edited 12:19PM August 1, 2018
    never mind got my questions answers
  • mewskittymewskitty
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 815
    When is the official release date?
    NicoopieeDreadMouseAlexFromCali
  • SonFableSonFable
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 835
    I'd love to see an adoption centre in Maplestory2,

You can adopt me whenever you want Cuddles!

Thanks everyone for the fun times on my first ms2 cbt and hopefully the last! ;)
    MistyFableNXACuddles
  • MistyFableMistyFable
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 540
    Katerine wrote: »
    Now that the beta 2 has closed, will you have to buy the key to play or will it release? ://

It will release I hope
    Katerine
  • PPrimmoPPrimmo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
    Is it going to be Open Beta or CBT 3 or Full Release?
  • MissVanjieMissVanjie
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,395
    it ended??? oop i thought it was ending tommorow
  • WooksterRuWooksterRu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 460
    Wish i could have been there to help with testing. Game looks awesome and all the mini-games and activities looks so adorably fun!
  • NobleAmeNobleAme
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 835
    Thank you for all the fun this beta! I didn't run into many issues; just a graphical glitch and a disconnect from the West Channels when they were added. I felt like everything was much more smooth this time around (especially the launch on the first day) and I can't wait for the official release. I hope everything goes well and the official release comes soon!
  • KazeNoSeishuKazeNoSeishu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 630
    edited 8:51PM August 1, 2018
    CBT2 was really fun and made lots of new friends which I hope to see again at launch. Also will the Royale winners get the founders pack before the name reservation? @NXACuddles
  • LicoriceCLicoriceC
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 510
    NXACuddles wrote: »
    We've also sent every player that took part in the Closed Beta a survey to gather additional feedback, so keep an eye on your inbox.

@NXACuddles - Are the emails already sent? i have never received any email related to beta, so I doubt I'll get this one either.
    Support chat said this was because I was not accepted into beta even though the website status said I was accepted. This doesn't make sense; I've been playing cbt2, so maybe there's a problem with Nexon's database.

I know there were people with email problems in the cbt1; has anyone else had email problems with cbt2?
  • PoofcatPoofcat
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,340
    Just like for CB1, I never received a survey email. I contacted support and was assured they were in the middle of fixing it, and that I should re-subscribe to the newsletter just in case.

So..... after all that, I haven't received the email for this beta either?
  • RoselynRoselyn
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 420
    I haven't gotten an e-mail, either. I got mine last time, though
  • BashnirBashnir
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 750
    I cant wait for release as well, submitted my feed back. I only ask of two things. 1) Please do not go P2W, ..... 2) REMOVE Fair Fight .... these are the only two things that will make me not play the game. X fingers
  • WooksterRuWooksterRu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 460
    if they implement a way for all players to earn their premium currency on a regular bases then the game will not be p2w. This is why a game Like Warframe has such a massive following of love towards it.
  • PoofcatPoofcat
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,340
    edited 11:21AM August 3, 2018
    I'm completely stumped at this point.

If the entire purpose of holding closed betas despite the game being generally polished/finished and released in other regions was to gather feedback, why was it not a priority to make sure that the survey e-mail bug was fixed from CB1? I honestly thought that before sending surveys out again, someone along the line would have asked "we did fix that thing that happened the first time though right?"

I reported it for the first time back in May and I got "we're fixing it". Why am I having to write in to support who is hardly listening to me and is just continually repeating the same "solution" I was given last time which I have told them doesn't work? Why do I have to write in to support at all to get a link that plenty of other people received no problem?

I bought a Founder's pack and I managed to receive that email receipt from Nexon. But if I am not receiving emails reliably from Nexon how can I trust that I will get confirmation of any future purchases?
    DanDK
  • LicoriceCLicoriceC
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 510
    @Poofcat I reported in chat about the email and they didn't give me a solution or link. They said they would look into it, but didn't ask for any details.
    I've received emails from account changes like passwords or emails, so I don't understand the difficulty with the beta either.
    Although unfortunate, I'm glad I'm not alone because there's been no official response about this yet.
    DanDK
  • XphobiaXphobia
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,620
    zom wrote: »
    how do i download after the closed beta 2
    @zom Game is currently down. There will probably be an opportunity to pre-download again whenever it's up and running.

Release date is currently unknown but highly likely some time after August 14th.