Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

Blatant endorsement of UGC rule breaking by devs

FantasykittenFantasykitten
Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,345
edited 12:45PM July 31, 2018 in General Chat
Soo i watched the stream.. where the CM/devs. jumped around visisting houses.

some of witch contained blatant UGC items that violates the UGC rules
(can be found here http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/35084/rules-ugc-creation#latest )
an the devs seemed tottaly fine with it. infact they sayed the rule-breaking objects where even 'cool'

at some point during the stream cuddles jumps into a house an gets trapped there... to an image of an anime charecter laying in sugestive clothes an in a sugestive pose.
an they seemed to just brush it off an laugh..an saying it whas a nice troll..
they have 2 CM's an this person whasent bannen on the spot? like you could have the other CM who's screen we don't see ban the person.
but no later on in the stream the same thing happens...meaning the person did not get banned.

i think this is varry unprofesionel an sets a dangerous tone. for others. an makes it look like the devs an CM's don't really care much about the rule breaking. an to some extend even endorse it.

the least they could do on the stream whould have been to point out thise objects where agienst the rules an encourage the users not to break the rules..

so yeh really sad to see this from the devs, an i really hope they up there game on stricking down on this kind of stuff...
i don't whant to see the game filled with stuff that brakes the rules..(an stupid memes for that matter too)

(sorry for the bad english)
mirta000idontreallyknowmanNaosHyphoxAngelicaxoxoBeatrice

Comments

• YoYoFigaroFigaroYoYoFigaroFigaro
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,240
    Yes we should definitely ban everyone who makes funny custom items and memes. No one wants to have a fun game right?
    Akuma524PixelPantsuXeXeeDMidbossMarsBlueEvoraDyaukiMiwashiroMarionette
  • AlexmoAlexmo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,000
    You do realize this is a closed beta and nothing really does mater right? Even that I feel as if everyone on this forum who does complain about something is honestly being kinda petty, the problems that the majority of players find and the ones listed are not a big deal. The only real problem that I agree with reporting on is full nudity or targeted harassment, and no a name that you dislike or word they say as long as it's not directed specifically at you is not harassment.
    Akuma524PixelPantsuXeXeeDDyaukihankiepixMiwashiroMarionette
  • Akuma524Akuma524
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,510
    Can't say much about the UGC content you referred to at first since I don't understand very well, but that whole part with them getting trapped; the girl wasn't even close to being suggestive in my opinion. Nothing "private" or super inappropriate was shown, and it's really left up to the view/imagination of the person who comes across it and sees it.
    XeXeeDDyauki
  • FantasykittenFantasykitten
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,345
    Its closed beta.....is not an excuse...rules breaking is rule breaking...
    an beta is the best place to point this kind of behavior out. or else it will get kickly out of hand when the game comes out. an the fact the devs seemed to be okey with this is what bothers me the most.

-You may not use images of real people – even if the images are of yourself, your friends, or famous people – for any UGC including Outfits and other items
    -Do not upload or share the designs or logos of others – even if you have modified the design or logo

one of the houses had a giant wall of Kpop actresses witch whould violate the above rule
    i whould think that anime charecters are not allowed either becouse they belong to the creator of the anime/manga
    an yes that ''girl'' whas pretty sugestive
    DanDKAngelicaxoxo
  • AlexmoAlexmo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,000
    Its closed beta.....is not an excuse...rules breaking is rule breaking...
    an beta is the best place to point this kind of behavior out. or else it will get kickly out of hand when the game comes out. an the fact the devs seemed to be okey with this is what bothers me the most.

-You may not use images of real people – even if the images are of yourself, your friends, or famous people – for any UGC including Outfits and other items
    -Do not upload or share the designs or logos of others – even if you have modified the design or logo

one of the houses had a giant wall of Kpop actresses witch whould violate the above rule
    i whould think that anime charecters are not allowed either becouse they belong to the creator of the anime/manga
    an yes that ''girl'' whas pretty sugestive

I say suggestive content is fine due to the game itself already has suggestive content. But these are honestly just nitpicks you are listing. It's not really a big deal if something goes under radar the only point where it is a big deal is when said content is completely not appropriate. Such as that forum post pointing out someone made a nude outfit, that's a point when it would be necessary to do a report. The face of the K-pop actress is fine it's not a real problem even though it may break rules. If it was your own face however and you were uncomfortable with it in game then it's a valid reason to report. And all this memery should be expected of a game releasing to the rest of the world, not everyone is going to be a serious rule follower as yourself.
    PixelPantsuDyauki
  • MissVanjieMissVanjie
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,525
    i think they should take action more seriously after launch. they probably didnt do anything because its cbt and it would be kinda akward to put somebody on the spot like that negatively.

but once the game launches they should definitely do something about rule breakers. atm i dont think the devs really care about rule breakers because there are people with the whole n word in their name who ive reported and i see them a week later getting their jush at a house party or something. ive also seen a house with @hegao on display on the exterior which ive also reported and its still there....

i didnt see the stream so idk what the girl was wearing or whatever but if it was actually innapropriate i hope they wont just brush it off as a troll if they come across it at launch.

like theyre trolling for a reason, its not just "they want to decorate their house how they want it" , they did it like that so they could spark reactions from people on purpose and bring attention. (unless they used pictures of celebrities, maybe they just like them alot)
    DanDK
  • NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 67,860
    Administrator
    We do take it seriously and if you see content considered a violation of our UGC Terms please just report it. We cannot police UGC content through a livestream as it would be far too difficult to do so and awkward for our viewers to watch. CMs and certain GMs do not have tools or power to enforce rules on the spot.
    ZatchaleskidashZerolioidontreallyknowmanBakaAnikiMidbossIoIiNaosHyphoxSnackCakes
  • VixroVixro
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 5,225
    edited 2:37PM July 31, 2018
    People like you are what’s wrong with this community.
    HicciBeatricePixelPantsuXeXeeDmelatoninlolEvoraDyaukiDralichankiepixMiwashiro
  • HicciHicci
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,380
  • ButteredToastManButteredToastMan
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,365
    What happened on stream wasn't even that big of an issue, and you do realize how much money people would need to shell out for amount of UCG blocks used in those homes? It's CBT and free UCG. You're going to see a lot of questionable content, be it low quality memes made in MS Paint, mildly suggestive content (Let's be real here, a lot of the artwork in the game itself is suggestive and you're complaining about something someone uploaded.), or even a wall of popular artists or anime. Let people have their fun. I'm sure policing the system would be more strict after the release.
    BeatriceAlexmoBakaAnikiXeXeeDMarsBlueDyaukiMiwashiro
  • ImutoneImutone
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,120
    edited 3:48PM July 31, 2018
    Just report it and move on with your life. Don't ruin the fun for everyone else.
    Hopefully, GMs won't do something ridiculous because one little vocal person complained. Rust was already bad enough.
    BeatriceHicciButteredToastManAlexmoPixelPantsuXeXeeDDyauki
  • BeatriceBeatrice
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 510
    Pahtee Poopah
    XeXeeD
  • aleskidashaleskidash
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,000
    There's stuff that are just on that level in the game itself. I mean, come on, the bunny girl! (mint as I believe she is called) I mean just look at her.
    XeXeeDPixelPantsuDyauki
  • idontreallyknowmanidontreallyknowman
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,050
    aleskidash wrote: »
    There's stuff that are just on that level in the game itself. I mean, come on, the bunny girl! (mint as I believe she is called) I mean just look at her.

I assume his point is it was an image taken from the internet of an anime character and not original art, which if you read the rules you can not take images from their source material.
    DanDKSnackCakes
  • EdwinightEdwinight
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,175
    edited 3:38PM July 31, 2018
    There are some things that obviously need to go. These things are the use of trademarks (such as those clothing with the Adidas logo that I keep seeing in the UGC shop and 100% copy paste work, real life people as people may use controversial figures in UGC (religious figures, political figures, etc., at least report these).
    DanDKSnackCakes
  • AxyAxy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,020
    How dare the GMs not take the time away from their fun stream on the last day of beta to ban something that was mildly suggestive, when it won't mean anything anyways!!

10yearoldclique
    HicciAkuma524PixelPantsuXeXeeDAlexmo
  • AnthroeAnthroe
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,215
    at least have the decency to use a grammar checker. how do you want anyone to take this seriously?
    XeXeeDAlexmoPixelPantsuDyaukiMiwashiro
  • JointJoint
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,225
    Oh please...there is one thing that's suggestive and another thing that is blatant pron and things of that sort. If you want to make a mountain out of a mole hill over this then why don't you complain about the half naked npcs already in game... I read and seen far worse things in MS1 than in MS2 and nothing has been done about it. I don't see what the issue here is. Also It's 2018 now so a lot things should not be taken so seriously. If they show strong nudity, racism, drugs, trademark copying, harassment, etc then yes those are things you should be upset about and report them. Those are things that are unhealthy for the players and make this game look bad. Memes, suggestive anime characters, innuendos, and things of that sort are hardly anything to cry about. Far worse things out there to worry about in MS2 than that. You are the type of person that wants everything censored. You don't know how to have fun and are a bad influence to the community. You want to remove all the fun and social aspect of the game because YOU are too sensitive to see or read those things.
    PixelPantsuXeXeeDAlexmo
  • XeXeeDXeXeeD
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 950
    Sounds like a mad 12 year old trying to complain in broken English. Please go back to Roblox if you think anything shown was even remotely suggestive.
    PinchPixelPantsuCptVitoggToasterAlexmoEvoraDyaukiDralic
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,690
    edited 4:52PM July 31, 2018
    Boo fricking hoo, this is closed beta everything is going to get wiped soon either way.
    There was also NOTHING suggestive or inappropriate with the character image in question, you're also expecting too much from the GM's who were streaming.
    You want them to drop what they were doing and ban the people or person who set that up?? The Gm's were even laughing about it on said steam.

3e3.jpg
    XeXeeDAlexmoValimatkaDyauki
This discussion has been closed.