- CEST (UTC +2): 10:00 PM - 10:30 PM, July 31st
- UTC: 8:00 PM - 8:30 PM, July 31st

Livestream Times:

- PDT (UTC -7): 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM July 31st
- EDT (UTC -4): 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM July 31st
- BRT (UTC -3): 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM July 31st
- CEST (UTC +2): 9:00 PM - 10:30 PM July 31st
- AEST (UTC +10): 5:00 AM - 6:30 AM August 1st

European server announced times were wrong by 1h. When it was our turn Cuddles told us that they went EU first therefore we're already late. This was highly unprofessional. Disappointed. The whole of EU is upset.

Edit: Cuddles was very nice, apologised and even went to take screenies with EU players at midnight :)
NXACuddles wrote: »
We apologize that the livestream time and server times were inconsistent and we will be more mindful of this for future livestreams and events.
MinniAnarbaDanDKXiaoXiouNyura

Comments

• WolftenWolften
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,480
    No the whole EU is not upset. 3/4 of the server was there. And it's not like you are at a disadvantage now.
  • mirta000mirta000
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,745
    Wolften wrote: »
    No the whole EU is not upset. 3/4 of the server was there. And it's not like you are at a disadvantage now.

if you thought that was 3/4 EU you did not see how many showed up at 10PM CEST. And we didn't get our dev interaction because changes were not communicated on the official news. Very professional.
    Anarba
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 25,665
    It was indeed extremely unprofessional of them to revert the order without giving out any information at all about the change in schedule beforehand.
    The reversal only hurt EU since all other servers were on time or delayed, which means people would be able to attend simply by waiting. Since EU was one hour earlier than announced, whoever stuck to the original schedule missed the entire thing.

You happen to have information about the entire server population and everyone who was logged on in order to be able to claim that?
    Whoever was online was there completely by random luck and whoever stuck to the announced time would have missed out. It's ridiculous that you can even try to defend this.
    mirta000AnarbaMinniStrawberryPanicMrSnuggleton
  • AnarbaAnarba
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 320
    To be honest I was looking forward to it as well, I run on very tight schedule so missing it was very disappointing.
    Also @Wolften while that is true, we are not at disadvantage (and I highly doubt 3/4 participated) it was about having chance to participating in celebrating the closed beta which all of us greatly enjoyed.
    Simple apologies or explanation would suffice for me
    mirta000DanDK
  • XiaoXiouXiaoXiou
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 530

Firstly, I don't think whether it puts players at an advantage or disadvantage is the main point here; it's just a little upsetting for some people to miss an event that they were really looking forward to due to issues outside of their control. Secondly, the 'whole of EU is upset' part is likely just an exaggeration to reflect the disappointment EU players (don't quote me on that though- it's only an assumption).
    mirta000AnarbaDanDK
  • SoulXCloudSoulXCloud
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,615
    It was a mistake, I am sure the EU players wanted to participate but mistakes happen, they will probably apologize but it's the last day of the beta so why not enjoy it instead of spend the day dreading about it? Look forward to the official launch and lets hope mistakes like this don't happen in the future.
  • mirta000mirta000
    SoulXCloud wrote: »
    It was a mistake, I am sure the EU players wanted to participate but mistakes happen, they will probably apologize but it's the last day of the beta so why not enjoy it instead of spend the day dreading about it? Look forward to the official launch and lets hope mistakes like this don't happen in the future.

That's kind of all I want really, given the circumstances :I I just find it kind of rude when that was pointed out and they completely ignored it. I don't think that they even think that it was a big deal, which is kind of why I made the tread.
  • NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 55,965
    Administrator
    edited 2:56PM July 31, 2018
    We apologize that the livestream time and server times were inconsistent and we will be more mindful of this for future livestreams and events.
    mirta000XiaoXiouNaos
  • mirta000mirta000
    NXACuddles wrote: »

thank you :)
    NXACuddles
  • HicciHicci
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,310
    Huh? The stream was up exactly 10pm my time like it said in the announcement and cuddle was in lit harbor within 2 minutes.
  • BluclueBluclue
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,565
    Doesnt EU have like multiple time zones? It would explain this entire issue.
  • NyuraNyura
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 6,200
    Bluclue wrote: »
    Doesnt EU have like multiple time zones? It would explain this entire issue.

It is stated in UTC and CEST time, of course every European should go look up how those 2 translate to their own specific timezone (aka whether they're in UTC or UTC+1/+2 etc)
  • mirta000mirta000
    Hicci wrote: »
    Huh? The stream was up exactly 10pm my time like it said in the announcement and cuddle was in lit harbor within 2 minutes.

It was 10PM CEST, I used a converter and the stream in EU went off at 9PM CEST as they switched the places around as to when they go where. Props to cuddles though for apologizing and at midnight she event sent me a PM telling me about how she's coming over to EU for picture taking with the players. Unfortunately I was asleep by then, but it was very nice of her regardless :)