Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

[Video] How to play as a Knight + Balrog mechanics

OouOou
Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,025
edited 5:18AM July 28, 2018 in Knight
Hello everyone!

I've had doubts and complaints with the Knight class.
I still believe the class can be tweaked but have come to love the class after a few clears of Temple of Immortals.
If anyone is interested in seeing how a Knight plays, I've made a video with a guide (Balrog mechanics included as a bonus) to showcase the Knight class.
Iron Shield OP.

Tip: there are time stamps in the YouTube comments to help you navigate through the long video
I am open to all comments/feedback whether it's about my mechanics, my video, anything really!
I haven't done the chaos raid yet so I am not a pro or anything but any questions are also welcome.

Here's my skill build:
Knight_Skill_Tree.png
Thanks and I hope you can find this video helpful!
Denna

Comments

• VillaniVillani
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,100
    Tip, please disable your aura. You're losing a ton of damage for almost no return at all.
    It's not worth it to keep on at all.
  • OouOou
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,025
    edited 8:01PM July 29, 2018
    Villani wrote: »
    Tip, please disable your aura. You're losing a ton of damage for almost no return at all.

I think you should do some testing or just look at the stats you lose from keeping the aura on.
    25% reduction in physical attack is NOT 25% reduction in damage. I've tested it both ways and the difference in damage is insignificant. I like the 10% damage reduction and I prefer not to weave in Cross Slash so many times in between casts of Typhoon Slash.

It's your preference if you don't like Iron Defense but your tip of "losing a ton of damage" with the aura on is not correct.

***UPDATE***

I just did another test doing Balrog runs with the same party.
    Iron Defense ON: 28~29K DPS, total damage dealt: ~21.6M
    Iron Defense OFF: ~30K DPS, total damage dealt: ~22M

Now DPS/total damage will be dependent on player skill and the nature of content such as mobility of the boss.
    If anything the 10% reduction in damage and the numbers suggest that Iron Defense ON is the better way to go.
    When it comes to playstyle, I would much rather be able to cast Typhoon Slash more in between weaving Cross Slash (I hate Cross Slash for some reason).
    kawingshekDenna
  • kawingshekkawingshek
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 7,305
    Oou wrote: »
    Villani wrote: »

I think you should do some testing or just look at the stats you lose from keeping the aura on.
    25% reduction in physical attack is NOT 25% reduction in damage. I've tested it both ways and the difference in damage is insignificant. I like the 10% damage reduction and I prefer not to weave in Cross Slash so many times in between casts of Typhoon Slash.

It's your preference if you don't like Iron Defense but your tip of "losing a ton of damage" with the aura on is not correct.

***UPDATE***

I just did another test doing Balrog runs with the same party.
    Iron Defense ON: 28~29K DPS, total damage dealt: ~21.6M
    Iron Defense OFF: ~30K DPS, total damage dealt: ~22M

Now DPS/total damage will be dependent on player skill and the nature of content such as mobility of the boss.
    If anything the 10% reduction in damage and the numbers suggest that Iron Defense ON is the better way to go.
    When it comes to playstyle, I would much rather be able to cast Typhoon Slash more in between weaving Cross Slash (I hate Cross Slash for some reason).

Since there's no timer I'd have to agree on this, everyone has a different playstyle and I always prefer having that free spirit regen to spin around more for mobility while taking less damage.

Might be a different story if you want to go for Chaos Devorak if you want to dish out as much damage as possible and due to majority of the mechanics there will one shot you anyways.