Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Wizard's Teleport...

PoofcatPoofcat
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,950
edited 1:45PM July 25, 2018 in Wizard
This skill is driving me nuts and I'm struggling to understand how my hitbox works with it. Right now my options seem to be (playing solo-leveling right now) A.) kite enemies and throw out one attack every few seconds to avoid being hit which is quite slow with bosses or B.) fight melee-range and get to attack more often and use TP to animation-cancel and jump behind enemies when they start to animate for a frontal attack. Seeing as most strong bosses in the story will 3 or maybe if I'm lucky 4-shot me I know I can't afford to eat a lot of damage.

I'm used to games with a lot of dodge mechanics so I thought doing option B would be no problem. But it seems like there is no iframe at any point in wizard's TP(?) so if I blink away but haven't yet "landed" at the end of the TP, I still take damage as if I was in front of the boss. It's really bothering me now because I've died a few times quite a distance away from an attack, but because the last couple frames of the animation hadn't quite completed it still "hit" me.

Am I just using this skill wong/missing the dodge completely? I've tried using it much earlier which often leads to me cancelling attacks on long CD's and losing damage.

Comments

• SubglaciousSubglacious
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,580
    Poofcat wrote: »
    if I blink away but haven't yet "landed" at the end of the TP

This is what's happening. All dashes are like that, it's ridiculous.
    DanDKOneConfusedMilletian
  • PoofcatPoofcat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,950
    if I blink away but haven't yet "landed" at the end of the TP

This is what's happening. All dashes are like that, it's ridiculous.

Oh thank god, I was worried I was just really badly mistiming it. I really hope shifting the hitbox as soon as a teleport/dash is hit rather than after is on their fix list... if not I'll be suggesting it >.<
  • SaplingLeafSaplingLeaf
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 950
    This skill is driving me nuts and I'm struggling to understand how my hitbox works with it. Right now my options seem to be (playing solo-leveling right now) A.) kite enemies and throw out one attack every few seconds to avoid being hit which is quite slow with bosses or B.) fight melee-range and get to attack more often and use TP to animation-cancel and jump behind enemies when they start to animate for a frontal attack. Seeing as most strong bosses in the story will 3 or maybe if I'm lucky 4-shot me I know I can't afford to eat a lot of damage.

I'm used to games with a lot of dodge mechanics so I thought doing option B would be no problem. But it seems like there is no iframe at any point in wizard's TP(?) so if I blink away but haven't yet "landed" at the end of the TP, I still take damage as if I was in front of the boss. It's really bothering me now because I've died a few times quite a distance away from an attack, but because the last couple frames of the animation hadn't quite completed it still "hit" me.

Am I just using this skill wong/missing the dodge completely? I've tried using it much earlier which often leads to me cancelling attacks on long CD's and losing damage.
    This bothered me a lot when I started playing, was hard to dodge anything but I got used to just teleporting a bit before the attack hits instead of last second. Sucks I know but you get used to it. As for playstyle I like to play extremely melee in Wizard, they have enough blinks to chase, dodge, etc.
  • SenjinSenjin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 810
    Teleport is honestly one of the best dashes/teleports that any class has.
    It's almost instant, I say almost as sometimes you get hit once it seems like you have already teleported away which I assume is down to dodging very last second.

It makes playing close range very easy as you can pass through enemies with it, making frontal attacks extremely easy to dodge, it's also spammable so you can dodge attacks like Fire Dragon's Tail attacks, Laser Breath etc.
    You can dash through things like Fire Dragon's Laser Breath, the fire on the floor in Tronix etc. and not take damage which is great. Classes like Archer can't do this with their dashes as it's not an instant "blink" like dash.

I honestly think Wizard has it easy with Teleport, though, I agree getting hit even though I've visually moved away from the attack is frustrating.
    I feel like a lot of the current dash/blink system is based around dodging preemptively rather than dodging last second, which is, of course, very difficult when learning certain fights.
  • tensaimagitensaimagi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    Actually it depends 100% on your ping.

I dodge literally at the last second against all boss and never get hit. The thing is there is a very slight delay even with 30ms which is the ping I get. Some attack have bigger hit-box then others.

Take Fire Dragon for instance.

His Normal Charge as a very narrow hit-box, you can almost literally stand next to him and unless you are directly in his pathway you will come unarmed. That being said if you are in his pathway and Teleport chance are you will get hit because his frontal hit-box while moving is extremely big.

His Charged Charge as a broader hit-box and will hit you when he start moving immediately if you stand in the pathway.

Most attack follow a similar pattern and the thing is the game assume you are not in the vicinity when the attack is launched.

You can easily test this against Moving Attack and Stand Attack.

Against Moving Attack Hit-Box Move faster then monster, meaning if you dodge at last second you will get hit.
    Against Non-Moving Attack the Hit-Box is static meaning is visually correct and can easily be dodged at last second.

In both case your Ping determine the time you have to dodge as is the case in all Online Game.