Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Needs of PvP skill build or coaching

MeAboveAllMeAboveAll
Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
edited 6:06AM July 25, 2018 in Heavy Gunner
Heya guys. I tried heavy gunner and I love the class the most out of all. So I want to get myself into PvP did few matches won mostly but I can't find a good skill build. What is the best way to deal damage via regular attacks or with one hit skills?
I am using mostly the stun grenade gravity grenade, the bomb kit, lock on and the gatling gun attack when I have no means of SP regeneration.

So any tips what I should take and any strategies or helpful tips? Appreciate it.

Comments

• WolftenWolften
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,500
    Something like this is pretty good for a lockdown
    4boa2xp.jpg
  • MeAboveAllMeAboveAll
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
    edited 10:06AM July 25, 2018
    I can't deal with the reload ability properly while other classes deal damage equal if not stronger then we, they do damage whilst regenerating SP. This is kind of a thing that gets me destroyed all the time.

And the build above posted is bad. Its damageless
  • WolftenWolften
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,500
    Rocket Launcher and Homing Missile are only the strongest skills of Heavy Gunner after the Laser but ok whatever won several times with this build already
  • SixaxisSixaxis
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,630
    edited 4:40AM July 26, 2018
    I'm average in PvP, but I can give some basic advice:

You should rarely have an issue reloading. Takes 1 second to execute, and you should make sure you use it manually instead of letting the game do it automatically when your SP has been depleted. Jet Boots (once) away from the opponent before reloading so you don't give them free hits.

Never use Bullet Spray unless:
    1) Your other priority skills are on cooldown
    and
    2) The enemy is stunned or rooted with Magnetic Bomb, and you're not within melee range of them.

Have Electric Blast maxed, and never put points into Blast Charge Kit. Use Electric Blast whenever the enemy is trapped inside Magnetic Bomb, or immediately after they've been stunned by Grenades. In both cases, only charge it to '2'. Don't bother charging it to '3' unless you've managed to Magnetic Bomb them and you're certain that their Stamina/Dash is on cooldown, because a well-timed Dash can escape it. Releasing Electric Blast about 300ms before it would reach Second/Third Charge (You can tell this from the sound the cannon makes) will discharge two/three hits immediately after the second/third one is reached.

Quick-tap Electric Blast immediately after the countdown ends to get a free hit off. If you're lucky, the knock-back from it will also cancel their dash if they tried to use it. (T/Y NOONA)

The "Advanced" passives are a waste of skill points for PvP.

"Lock-on" misses far too much for my comfort, or maybe I'm just bad with it. Either way, if you're missing with it too often, take the points out of it and Gatling Fire and allocate them into Suborbital Bombardment (1 point), Electric Blast, Homing Missiles, and Rocket Launcher or M-Bomb in that order.