Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Any manners for Queenstown concert area?

YuukisakiYuukisaki
Maplestory 2 Rep: 710
edited 9:00PM July 24, 2018 in Music
Probably sounds a bit butt-hurt but people who and their party who hog the main stage for some music and the rest was them blowing on high notes that can pretty annoying. Would that be considered disruptive and disrespectful behavior?

Comments

• BurnedLineBurnedLine
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,555
    I haven't visited the area more than twice and every time has been pretty great, so I wasn't aware that this was an issue. Though, if they're doing it to play some interesting music or just having a little fun on the side, I think that's alright in moderation. A little fun won't kill you.
    However, I agree that if a group was blocking the stage for the past hour and I wanted to play something I'd be pretty annoyed. More so if they played nothing but ear splitting notes or literally nothing for the 10 minute time block. I'd eventually just leave at some point and play somewhere else.

But to go as far to call this disrespectful? Eh.
    Disruptive? Yeah. Very. If they're going nuts.
  • MonogatariMonogatari
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,040
    Every time I'm there I see people complaining about not being able to click the perform fast enough, I can totally see this getting out of hand in OBT. I'll probably keep away from that place or just watch others perform and play my own scores somewhere else.
  • YuukisakiYuukisaki
    BurnedLine wrote: »
    I haven't visited the area more than twice and every time has been pretty great, so I wasn't aware that this was an issue. Though, if they're doing it to play some interesting music or just having a little fun on the side, I think that's alright in moderation. A little fun won't kill you.
    However, I agree that if a group was blocking the stage for the past hour and I wanted to play something I'd be pretty annoyed. More so if they played nothing but ear splitting notes or literally nothing for the 10 minute time block. I'd eventually just leave at some point and play somewhere else.

But to go as far to call this disrespectful? Eh.
    Disruptive? Yeah. Very. If they're going nuts.

Them hogging the stage wasn't much of a problem, but they kept refreshing the stage on random intervals so it lasted longer than 10 minutes. That and they did play some songs, but then 4 of them or so would play the high notes randomly. I was playing with headphones on so it was worse for me lol.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,020
    Maybe make a suggestion post in the Suggestions & Feedback Section of the forums?
    Make it say something around the lines of;

People are abusing the stage by clicking fast as possible and stealing it from others.
    They then play loud and disruptive music preventing people from playing the songs they want.
    I would like if you could add a queuing list for the stage. That way it is fair and everyone gets a turn to play on the stage.
    However it would need to be only 1 queue per person/group. Problems with this method is you would need to implement a party system.
    Or just make it a party sign up button/area.
    Doing so would give everyone a chance to plat and provide a better experience everyone could enjoy.
    Thank you fro taking this into consideration.

Something like that could cause a change thats more beneficial for everyone.
  • MidbossMidboss
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,180
    What Queenstown have you been in? Every time I go through that town, it a ghost town.
  • YuukisakiYuukisaki
    Midboss wrote: »
    What Queenstown have you been in? Every time I go through that town, it a ghost town.

idk lol I go usually later in the night, it seems to be more active, and it's channel 1 that's the busy one usually

• BluclueBluclue
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,245
    I always give the stage away after 1 performance if im just doing a solo or duet. But if i am in a huge group of say 6 people i wont say anything if my group hogs it for about 3 rounds. Since technically we are 6 people. But anything more than that i would usually voice out. It really is up to the community to deal with this issues. If someone is hogging the stage with a shitty performance just call out in local chat for a jinx to chh 2 and it would usually resolve itself.
  • BluclueBluclue
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,245
    It doesnt really matter anyways since these days people choose to camp out at star architects houses to past time. There is more control there since the owner can moderate the music being played. Plus they are usually quite fair.
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 30,500
    The weird thing about Queenstown is that there is clearly a Queue system for the stage, but for some reason it has not been implemented yet.
  • MissVanjieMissVanjie
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,495
    Midboss wrote: »

channel 1 is always packed, no matter what time, its packed at like 3 am lol ( on eastern server). i can imagine it being dead on west becasue theres no players there
  • MareSEphemeralMareSEphemeral
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,620
    I didn't touch Queenstown at all this beta. I already noticed the issue of certain groups trying to hog the stage all to themselves during the last beta and I'm really not surprised to hear how toxic the place has become this time seeing as they still haven't implemented a queue system and limits. I just play in towns and other various places whenever I felt like playing something.
    DanDK