[COMPLETE] Scheduled Maintenance - July 24th

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 55,965
Administrator
edited 10:54AM July 24, 2018 in Official News
We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, July 24th at 7:00 AM PDT. During this period, game servers will be unavailable. We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 3 hours, concluding at around 10:00 AM PDT.

ms2w-113-960x290-forums.jpg

- Start and End Times -
  • PDT (UTC -7): 7:00 AM - 10:00 AM
  • EDT (UTC -4): 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
  • BRT (UTC -3): 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
  • CEST (UTC +2): 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
  • AEST (UTC +10): 12:00 AM - 3:00 AM, July 25th

Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

- What -
  • New Channels:
    • NA East: 21 East, 22 East (located on the West Coast)
    • NA West 21 West, 22 West (located on the East Coast)
    • We have added these channels to help us identify latency issues and better gather data about the server structure for when MapleStory 2 is officially released
    • We'd like to ask our North American players to please spend some time after the maintenance on Channels 21 and 22, so that we can get more information and make MapleStory 2 a better game
  • Additionally, we will be having an extra 24 hours of Mushking Royale this coming Saturday, as compensation for the erroneous early end to the event this last weekend:
    • PDT (UTC -7): 8:00 AM July 28th - 8:00 AM July 29th
    • EDT (UTC -4): 11:00 AM July 28th - 11:00 AM July 29th
    • BRT (UTC -3): 12:00 PM July 28th - 12:00 PM July 29th
    • CEST (UTC +2): 5:00 PM July 28th - 5:00 PM July 29th
    • AEST (UTC +10): 1:00 AM July 29th - 1:00 AM July 30th
    • The matches played during this period will count towards the Mushking Royale Weekend event prizes, and rankings will be preserved from this last weekend round.

Thank you for your patience.
AulynLucionGoanGurlAochie

Comments

• scllscll
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 750
    Please consider having the next weekend be another full Mushking Royale event separate from the current rankings we have.
    DanDKMilkTeé
  • ilovemaplestory2_01ilovemaplestory2_01
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,525
    no mention of fixing thief's poison edge stacks

feelssadman
  • MarcusTherionMarcusTherion
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 480
    Whilst i'm sure people will be glad to hear of another chance to participate in the mode to try it out and get their title, could you not just make a seperate, new leaderboard for next weekend? Like people have mentioned before, people outside of the top 10 likely have 0 chance to even get anywhere near it. I'm rank 8th and the person in 11th is 200 points behind, I plan on grinding out the whole 24 hours just to keep my spot, so unless I die early every single game, I can't imagine the placements are really going to change. The whole thing just doesn't seem fun for anyone, new players who come in will likely just get stomped by the top 10 who've played near enough every single match because no one else will other trying to climb whilst the rest want to hold their spot.
    DanDKLemonPartaeXtonyscllEMSAlzackZeroliobiskoBoshiDoshiKazeNoSeishuand 1 other.
  • LemonPartaeLemonPartae
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 570
    I too think the next mushking royale rankings should be separate from the current one. I managed to reached rank 10 before the end of the event, but it took so much effort to keep my place and I don't want to have to go through another 24 hours of it.

I'm sure other newer players would also want a shot at the prize as well. It's unfair that they have to play knowing that it''s going to be impossible for them to get anywhere near the top ranks.
    DanDKXtonyscllZerolioKazeNoSeishuMilkTeé
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 25,665
    I agree that you cannot suddenly extend the event now.

People set aside the weekend getting into top 10 under the assumption that the event would end after the weekend. It's completely irresponsible of you to now force them to defend their ranks during an entirely different weekend they might have set aside to do something completely else.

You can't change conditions during the middle of an event. As others said, either suck it up and add extra prices or just host a new round without prices. The current winners deserve to have the board and prizes locked as they are.
    XtonyscllLemonPartaeEMSAlzackZeroliobiskoKazeNoSeishuMilkTeéZanga
  • AlzackAlzack
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,905
    edited 3:40AM July 24, 2018
    Another chance to test this mode and secure Honorary Mushtopian title by Maplers who missed info that reward for participating in Mushking Royale just once would carry over to official release, that's nice to know ahead of time.

While I'm glad that the event will appear again, I think that it would be wise if weekend served as separate Season for upcoming battle. Many people were convinced that Mushking Royale's leaderboard had been set it stone already and they might have planned their time for something else instead of securing their position in ranking once more. Nexon won't become poor if some more Founder's Packages are given to Maplers after the next round. I encourage you not to change conditions of event (even if it ended sooner than expected), those players from Season 1 deserve their reward already.
    Kind regards!
    LemonPartaebiskoKazeNoSeishuMilkTeéDanDK
  • biskobisko
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,315
    What does this have to do with Australian Servers though? Can't you keep them up for us?

We honestly need all the help we can get. Considering we don't have any GM's to manage our server. So it's basically Mad Max: Fury Road (Directors Cut) down here.
  • No1No1
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
    bisko wrote: »
    What does this have to do with Australian Servers though? Can't you keep them up for us?

We honestly need all the help we can get. Considering we don't have any GM's to manage our server. So it's basically Mad Max: Fury Road (Directors Cut) down here.

they will restart all the servers at the same time I guess
  • KazeNoSeishuKazeNoSeishu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 630
    I agree with either having a new season with separate prizes, or just another separate season with none.

People called off work, postponed parties, and I even know someone that ended up going to the ER after staying up the full 48 hrs just to get in to top 3. I feel that adding another weekend for them is somewhat disrespectful to those that spent all their time to rank, even if the event ended earlier than expected.

Please let the rankers relax this weekend.
    MilkTeéDanDK
  • mirta000mirta000
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,745
    I agree with either having a new season with separate prizes, or just another separate season with none.

People called off work, postponed parties, and I even know someone that ended up going to the ER after staying up the full 48 hrs just to get in to top 3. I feel that adding another weekend for them is somewhat disrespectful to those that spent all their time to rank, even if the event ended earlier than expected.

Please let the rankers relax this weekend.

In EU the event ended on really early Sunday instead on Monday like it should. This is just adding that one single day back.
  • SixaxisSixaxis
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,910
    I even know someone that ended up going to the ER after staying up the full 48 hrs just to get in to top 3.

If this is true, then I really hope you talked to him.. and I mean really talked to him. Staying up gaming for 48 hours for $60 of virtual goods to the point of self-harm is.. not okay.
    DanDK
    edited 8:21AM July 24, 2018
    mirta000 wrote: »
    In EU the event ended on really early Sunday instead on Monday like it should. This is just adding that one single day back.

Was the same for NA, it started and ended the exact same time 48 hrs as the in-game window said. Adding another day after people spent hours and hours with almost no sleep is unfair because they booked the weekend to do exactly that only to realize that they need to do it again after already making plans, therefore making the time they spent previously, useless. Not all weekends are created equal.

DanDK
    Sixaxis wrote: »
    I even know someone that ended up going to the ER after staying up the full 48 hrs just to get in to top 3.

If this is true, then I really hope you talked to him.. and I mean really talked to him. Staying up gaming for 48 hours for $60 of virtual goods to the point of self-harm is.. not okay.

Honestly he didn't regret it, he is pretty competitive and was up against someone that rotated the account with friends apparently. He was only a few pts away from 1st and is taking a 2 week vacation to relax and celebrate. Now I feel bad for him because he's in Hawaii and would either have to cut his vacation short, or completely lose what he worked hard for.
  • NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 55,965
    Administrator
    The scheduled maintenance is now complete. Jump back in-game, Maplers!
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 25,665
    NXACuddles wrote: »
    The scheduled maintenance is now complete. Jump back in-game, Maplers!

Thanks for ignoring all the concerns as usual!
  • KoniiKonii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 735
    Im ranked 10th on SA servers and I agree that it should be played with a new set of rewards or none. Literally it will only add more stress to the top 10, the person that is behind me need something like 230+ points to catch up... And I'm not even talking about the difference between top 5 and the rest. Our server don't have a lot of players to make it even fair for everyone, basically everyone plays the same matches.
    DanDK
  • LemonPartaeLemonPartae
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 570
    I guess they are just gonna ignore us../
    DanDK
  • KoniiKonii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 735
    Thanks, Cuddles and the rest of the staff for your consideration :) I know that Nexon usually focus only on NA, but i didn't thought that even here on the forums u guys would complete ignore us haha.
    DanDK