During the October event period, the Escaped Moon Bunny world boss spawns at the following times:

NA West: 02:30 AM - 05:30 AM UTC
NA East: 11:30 PM - 02:30 AM UTC
South America: 10:30 PM - 01:30 AM UTC
Europe: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM UTC
Oceania: 08:30 AM – 11:30 AM UTC

Too Much Babying

CapturedRayneCapturedRayne
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,910
edited 8:00AM July 27, 2018 in General Chat
Does anyone else think that the quests should stop pointing us in exact directions for quests that ask to find a hidden book or secret passage, it kinda bums me out when there's a big yellow question mark, arrow and sparkles pinpointing its supposed hidden location.
  1. Vote for Less Babying?158 votes
    1. Less Babying!
       28% (45 votes)
    2. I'm a Baby.
       72% (113 votes)

Comments

• GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,035
    Does anyone else think that the Epic Quests should stop pointing us in exact directions sometimes? At the very least, for quests that ask to find a hidden book or secret passage, it kinda bums me out when there's a big yellow question mark, arrow and sparkles pinpointing its location.
    Don't even get me started on that tire maze quest either.. XD

If you want it to not point for you simply turn it off and no I am fine with it pointing to where to go I rather not read that stuff.
    VixiemewberirainsonataSherriRainbowYiff
  • EvoraEvora
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,035
    I'd rather not waste more time on the epic quest.
    JoshLancelotCheerZerolioNilremSubglaciousNepbolder_tasteidontreallyknowmanBurnedLineNyuraand 10 others.
  • UnlimitedUnlimited
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 12,650
    edited 2:55PM July 23, 2018
    Not just the Epic-Quest, the whole game is full of babying. Seriously, this is the only MMO I've seen where you can get to max-level in less than the whole-day(and this is still the case in CBT2). In Revelation Online, it takes a week and so days to get to level 49. In Bless Online, it takes atleast a week(and maybe so days) to get to level 45 following the damage-nerf. All the Modern-MMOs I've played atleast takes a week to get to max-level given they don't follow the model of WoW and Tera where you can actually buy your way to max-level. And look what we have here? Level 50 in less than a day! I have to quit this game as soon as I can replace it! Playing this game is the same as watching Tree House everyday! You are teaching me basic colors when I already know them! The progression and limitations of Dungeons, Housing, and Life-skills to even that Pet-system in this game is a joke! If you like to be babysit-ted at the age of adulthood or adolescence, then you might enjoy how they are going with this. If you want challenge, a rewarding-experience for your time, and actually having a "game", then look somewhere else(which I already did, and which is why I will quit as soon as A:IR comes out). A bunch of ****sucking teletubbies!
    DanDKtkmisereCinderssmileycatMixaeAlzackturtleseekGloomEnchantedWarmthand 8 others.
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,530
    People hate the epic quest and want to skip all the content in the game to get to 50, so they accept babying in the quest because they want to skip it, leading to the quest adding more babying, making people want to skip it more.
    CapturedRayneEvorasmileycatZeroliobolder_tasteSelfishKINGstusaderVerloXtonyDalsia
  • JointJoint
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,515
    Unlimited wrote: »
    Not just the Epic-Quest, the whole game is full of babying. Seriously, this is the only MMO I've seen where you can get to max-level in less than the whole-day(and this is still the case in CBT2). In Revelation Online, it takes a week and so days to get to level 49. In Bless Online, it takes atleast a week(and maybe so days) to get to level 45 following the damage-nerf. All the Modern-MMOs I've played atleast takes a week to get to max-level given they don't follow the model of WoW and Tera where you can actually buy your way to max-level. And look what we have here? Level 50 in less than a day! I have to quit this game as soon as I can replace it! Playing this game is the same as watching Tree House everyday! You are teaching me basic colors when I already know them! The progression and limitations of Dungeons, Housing, and Life-skills to even that Pet-system in this game is a joke! If you like to be babysit-ted at the age of adulthood or adolescence, then you might enjoy how they are going with this. If you want challenge, a rewarding-experience for your time, and actually having a "game", then look somewhere else(which I already did, and which is why I will quit as soon as A:IR comes out). A bunch of ****sucking teletubbies!

My god can you not understand that this is closed beta and the max lvl cap isn't lvl 50 its really lvl 99. In KMS2 no one even reached that level yet and it's been 3 years. It's only "babying" you during the early game mode which is common with most mmos. You're just stuck in the early 2000s pre-bb MS era where it was a grind to 2nd job. Learn to move on already and actually find other ways to play the game than thinking of level cap. Learn to think outside the box and start exploring the game more. Much more things to do than just reaching lvl cap. This is also closed beta testing it isn't the official product and shouldn't be treated that way. If you really like Revelation online so much then stop playing this game and go back to that game. It doesn't see like this game is for you all. Why waste your time and others with posts like this? Right now you're just being an attention seeker. Name some improvements they can do in the game post them in the feedback sections. Wait and see what happenings in the official server and then your judgments will have more value to them.
    PeppermintyKittieshappyAlexmosaipandaImbeimirta000XenostarsDyriiVixieXtonyand 17 others.
  • JointJoint
    Does anyone else think that the Epic Quests should stop pointing us in exact directions sometimes? At the very least, for quests that ask to find a hidden book or secret passage, it kinda bums me out when there's a big yellow question mark, arrow and sparkles pinpointing its location.
    Don't even get me started on that tire maze quest either.. XD

it's common in most mmos where the quest log brings points you in the right direction. You don't have to follow that either. The game is big enough where you can go explore other areas and still complete those quests. There is no time limit either so no need to rush through them like that. Unless you're goal is to be the first one in game to reach max level you shouldn't have any worryings. This game only babies you as much as you allow it to. Sure the epic quests give portals where you can go into and you can just locate the area on the maps but you don't have to do that. You can take the longer way and go walk around each map if you wanted to. The quests do not need to be completed as it points you to complete them. Only a few of the areas do so.
  • CapturedRayneCapturedRayne
    If you want it to not point for you simply turn it off and no I am fine with it pointing to where to go I rather not read that stuff.
    Yeah, I saw that navigation could be turned off, but I would still like to see the map without the question mark indicators and the sparkles do remain anyway XD Maybe an option for people that do enjoy doing the quests could be made.
  • JointJoint
    Yeah, I saw that navigation could be turned off, but I would still like to see the map without the question mark indicators and the sparkles do remain anyway XD Maybe an option for people that do enjoy doing the quests could be made.

Is MapleStory your first MMO or something? Most if not all MMOs now and days have ? and ! on the maps to show you where the quests are located. There is even a quest log that you can look at and it shows you the direction. Guild Wars 2, ESO, WoW, and even FFXIV have these features either in game or through mods. It's not a babying thing it's there so you don't have to waste time spending hours locating on where to go next. Again you don't have to do that. You can just explore the map with out evening opening if you really wanted to do some blind exploring.
    Xenostarsmewberi
    I do agree about level progression being waay too fast. Since it IS a casual game, I can agree with more casual leveling than hardcore games, but this is a bit excessively easy as it is now. At the very least, I'd like it to progress more steadily like in Ragnarok or GW2 so it'd take a few to a couple weeks of casual playing to reach 50 or so. Wouldn't mind if leveling just slowed down gradually for higher levels either. Though, I don't mind how the other parts of the game are designed, and I pretty enjoy stuff like the housing and the social stuff from old Mabinogi, since its nice and simple. I can see why it might be a downer for some people though.
    Not sure if it'd change your mind any, but I did hear that leveling after 50 is more difficult in the KR server, but not sure by how much, nor how they're going to make it for GMS2.
  • JointJoint
    I do agree about level progression being waay too fast. Since it IS a casual game, I can agree with more casual leveling than hardcore games, but this is a bit excessively easy as it is now. At the very least, I'd like it to progress more steadily like in Ragnarok or GW2 so it'd take a few to a couple weeks of casual playing to reach 50 or so. Wouldn't mind if leveling just slowed down gradually for higher levels either. Though, I don't mind how the other parts of the game are designed, and I pretty enjoy stuff like the housing and the social stuff from old Mabinogi, since its nice and simple. I can see why it might be a downer for some people though.
    Not sure if it'd change your mind any, but I did hear that leveling after 50 is more difficult in the KR server, but not sure by how much, nor how they're going to make it for GMS2.

Whenever they bring in the lvl 99 cap hardly anyone will reach max level within a year at least unless they decide to bring in a change for the exp curve. Reaching lvl 50 right now is hardly anything and so far it only allows you to do ONE raid through out the whole game. Plenty of more content to worry about after they increase the level cap imo. Having it be really easy to reach lvl 50 right now isn't going to kill the whole game at all.
    Xtony
    edited 3:40PM July 23, 2018
    DanDK wrote: »
    People hate the epic quest and want to skip all the content in the game to get to 50, so they accept babying in the quest because they want to skip it, leading to the quest adding more babying, making people want to skip it more.
    This pretty much sums it up better than I could have ever phrased it haha. I enjoy the story as it is, though I also think it should be more customized towards our specific classes overall, since it's pretty much the same story aside from the tutorial backstory right after character creation over and over again, which also might be a reason why people prefer skipping the story so much XD Hopefully people will enjoy it more if things were improved.
    mewberi
  • UnlimitedUnlimited
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 12,650
    edited 3:52PM July 23, 2018
    Joint wrote: »
    My god can you not understand that this is closed beta and the max lvl cap isn't lvl 50 its really lvl 99. In KMS2 no one even reached that level yet and it's been 3 years. It's only "babying" you during the early game mode which is common with most mmos. You're just stuck in the early 2000s pre-bb MS era where it was a grind to 2nd job. Learn to move on already and actually find other ways to play the game than thinking of level cap. Learn to think outside the box and start exploring the game more. Much more things to do than just reaching lvl cap. This is also closed beta testing it isn't the official product and shouldn't be treated that way. If you really like Revelation online so much then stop playing this game and go back to that game. It doesn't see like this game is for you all. Why waste your time and others with posts like this? Right now you're just being an attention seeker. Name some improvements they can do in the game post them in the feedback sections. Wait and see what happenings in the official server and then your judgments will have more value to them.
    There is more to do outside of level cap? Really? Because I've tried it. The Gearing-progression and everything that revolves around Gears and Damage/Survivability is through and to the dungeons and that alone, which basically makes this a Dungeon-Crawler-game like Blade and Soul. The life-skills? What is useful and rewarding about the Life-skills? For all I can see, they even lack depth. Same goes with the pet-system and the fishing-system.
    There is nothing in this game that is progression-related than what I mentioned. There is nothing to do but all these boring repetitive tasks which are forced on you to do and get done within the timeframe because of the cap. The game feels alive? I'm sorry, I don't sense a life here. The game is lackluster and lifeless. What do you want me to do? To roleplay in Tria pretending the game is immersive?
    Keep white-knighting this game. Where it's going is definitely not in the right direction. Look at how many people complains about the limitations, not only in this game, but all the recent MMOs that came out with them. You think this is a minority thing? It's a major complain in those games!
    I'm not over-exaggerating, if not, I'm making an understatement. This game will fail if it goes to this direction. A game with barely any progression because of too much instant-gratification especially in this one with repetitive dungeon-clawler experience, can be predicted to fail. A lot of MMOs that preceded followed the same formula and since when did they ever succeeded instead of being deemed a failure? a game(especially for an MMO) needs to have vertical progression system for players to do, if everything became instant-gratification, then what is the point of the game? You might as well play MOBAs because that's what those are. A short-session game that have no vertical progression-system. This is an MMO, you are the one turning this into a dumb-down game.

Yes, I welcome that level 99 cap because there is nothing else for me to do. I just hope that they have enough contents to offer for those levels(not just AFK-fish for EXPs). You see, when the game is not rewarding to me, it demotivates me to play the game. This is not just me, it's the majority of players. You came here for a game, not for an online social-platform(although I wouldn't mind having that, but majorly it's the game). I want to feel rewarded for my time, and this is not this game, which is why I will use this one only as a filler-game and move to Ascent: Infinite Realm because that's the only thing coming out.
    GloomEnchantedWarmthbolder_tasteBoundlessstusaderVerlo
    edited 3:47PM July 23, 2018
    it's common in most mmos where the quest log brings points you in the right direction. You don't have to follow that either. The game is big enough where you can go explore other areas and still complete those quests. There is no time limit either so no need to rush through them like that. Unless you're goal is to be the first one in game to reach max level you shouldn't have any worryings. This game only babies you as much as you allow it to. Sure the epic quests give portals where you can go into and you can just locate the area on the maps but you don't have to do that. You can take the longer way and go walk around each map if you wanted to. The quests do not need to be completed as it points you to complete them. Only a few of the areas do so.
    Yeah, I agree about taking your time with walking around the map. I'm just moreso bummed out about not having the chance to play my game of hide and seek when a quest asks to find a hidden passage or something. It's kinda like being shown a puzzle but also being given the solution to it before you get to try it out yourself. I wouldn't mind if they just added an option to remove the hints in the settings or something.
    Nah it's not my first. I get your thoughts though, so thanks for sharing. :D
    Also, nothing wrong about being headstrong and truthful about our opinions, but let's also appreciate each others? Nobody is completely right or wrong anyways, and I wouldn't want a disagreement to make anyone's day go south.
    Xtony
  • JointJoint
    There is more to do outside of level cap? Really? Because I've tried it. The Gearing-progression and everything that revolves around Gears and Damage/Survivability is through and to the dungeons and that alone, which basically makes this a Dungeon-Crawler-game like Blade and Soul. The life-skills? What is useful and rewarding about the Life-skills? For all I can see, they even lack depth. Same goes with the pet-system and the fishing-system.
    There is nothing in this game that is progression-related than what I mentioned. There is nothing to do but all these boring repetitive tasks which are forced on you to do and get done within the timeframe because of the cap. The game feels alive? I'm sorry, I don't sense a life here. The game is lackluster and lifeless. What do you want me to do? To roleplay in Tria pretending the game is immersive?
    Keep white-knighting this game. Where it's going is definitely not in the right direction. Look at how many people complains about the limitations, not only in this game, but all the recent MMOs that came out with them. You think this is a minority thing? It's a major complain in those games!
    I'm not over-exaggerating, if not, I'm making an understatement. This game will fail if it goes to this direction. A game with barely any progression because of too much instant-gratification especially in this one with repetitive dungeon-clawler experience, can be predicted to fail. A lot of MMOs that preceded followed the same formula and since when did they ever succeeded instead of being deemed a failure? a game(especially for an MMO) needs to have vertical progression system for players to do, if everything became instant-gratification, then what is the point of the game? You might as well play MOBAs because that's what those are. A short-session game that have no vertical progression-system. This is an MMO, you are the one turning this into a dumb-down game.

i am sorry but the only person I see making a huge ass deal about how much of a garbage game this is is YOU. Yes, there are plenty of people here who have some similar viewpoints in you do but they aren't being a whiny negative nancy like you about it. I never said this game is perfect at all. in fact I agreed with you on how I dislike the forced epic quest chain and it should be improved. However, that does not mean the game will be a total utter failure if it doesn't change. This is still closed beta and you're making it seem like it's official released already. You are not naming any improvements for this game but instead your posting your hatred toward this game ever since you heard about it. I have yet to see any positive points in any of your posts. It's all negative opinions which is fine to have but you haven't given any suggestions to help improve the game at all.

You also can not say that the majority of players hate this game and think it will be a failure if it doesn't change. You can not possibly know that at all unless you're from future. No one can know that. This game is far being a dungeon crawler. It only seems that way since we only have a lvl 50 cap and the epic quest line takes you right to that so fast. You need to realize that this CLOSED BETA and this is NOT the FiNAL CAP of the game. It won't be like this at all when they increase the lvl cap. There is more to do this game besides reaching the lvl cap of the game. Just because the rewards in the game through out the rest of events isn't something you find appealing doesn't mean it isn't something else to do. Not everything in a mmo should give you the epic gear rewards you know. Some people find rewarding to create unique clothing designs, housing designs, being able to compose new music ,etc. I am also sure the fishing and life skills will be more important in the future as well. You need the lifeskills in order to give more of those +10 enchanting runes etc too. So to say they are useless is a lie. It may not be as great as FFXIV crafting professions but it's still better than MS1 crafting garbage which hardly did anything for you in game.

Again this game is a social game and is meant to be more social interacting than a full blown MMO gameplay. If you really want that type of game then go play Revelation , WoW, FFXIV, etc as they all have the type of things you personally enjoy in a game. This game is obviously not your cup of tea and you making negative posts through out the forum with out giving any constructive criticism is just showing us you're an attention seeker who can care less on how this game ends up being in the long run.
    LutfPeppermintyKittieshappysaipandaBeckyRebeDyriiPantoneBluclueVerlorainsonata
  • CurtCurt
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,330
    edited 5:16PM July 23, 2018
    One day people will realize that games are different, have different aspects, and don't have to cater to them.

Also, 1-50 is the tutorial, it's not content. That's for the people who keep bringing that up.
    PilikenJointBatbloodxBluclueVerloIyu
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,265
    The quests aren't interesting lore wise.

Baby away if it passes me through the boredom of MS2 lore.
  • OouOou
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,035

You should really stop going around the MS2 forums and just play any other MMO LUL
    BluclueLeekTheV3getablerainsonataIyu
  • MissVanjieMissVanjie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,535
    edited 6:08PM July 23, 2018

can someone please get him off the forums? get your jush somewhere else sis
    M0US3E