Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Best Archer Skill Build?

AlexuAlexu
Maplestory 2 Rep: 410
edited 2:52AM July 21, 2018 in Archer
Hello Everyone! I've been thinking about playing Archer and I was just wondering if anyone knows/has a good build for them. I'm looking for an all-around build, good for mobbing and good for bossing, but anything works! Thank you

Comments

• AlexuAlexu
    I am aware of the megathread guide for Archers but tbh I got really confused reading it
  • SqinSqin
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 620
    Most people are following the same build from CBT1 6xEbXHB.png
    DSdavidDSDanDK
  • AlexuAlexu
    Sqin wrote: »
    Most people are following the same build from CBT1 6xEbXHB.png

Thank you very much!
    Rikku198711
  • CubeNoobCubeNoob
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,050
    Keep in mind that as you progress throughout the game like doing map completions etc.. will give you some more skill points.
  • KillerkonnatKillerkonnat
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 560
    Screwdriver Shot is terrible at the current level cap of 50. Low level skill is bad. And if you want to kill dungeon or raid bosses, 10/10 Agile Archer is the best passive. It's not worth much before endgame, but at 50 it's by far stronger than the other passives.
    DanDK
  • TheChaosLegendTheChaosLegend
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 7,925
    edited 10:52AM August 1, 2018
    When I was checking my dpm I found that bronze eagle? (at lvl50) is significantly better than conditioning. I.e. leave conditioning at +6 and get bronze eagle to +10. Also I would leave screwdriver shot at +1 for the lvl50 cap

^ for all of your future reference

P.S. with the lvl50 cap sharp eyes can only reach +9
    DanDK
  • KillerkonnatKillerkonnat
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 560
    edited 11:39PM August 8, 2018
    When I was checking my dpm I found that bronze eagle? (at lvl50) is significantly better than conditioning. I.e. leave conditioning at +6 and get bronze eagle to +10. Also I would leave screwdriver shot at +1 for the lvl50 cap

You're doing something wrong if that shows up as a higher number. Conditioning just has a bigger damage multiplier, except for rank 1 of bronze eagle. getting +0.3% dex is worth less than 0.3% of your base damage while conditioning's +0.6% physical attack is worth exactly 0.6% of your base damage. Physical attack is calculated by (DEX * 0.xx + other sources of physical attack) bronze eagle only boosts a portion of your physical attack while conditioning increases ALL of it. and by twice as much. As a bonus, bronze eagle doesn't even have 100% uptime while conditioning does. It's impossible for bronze eagle to be better than conditioning, (except for rank 1 of course!) unless you consider using it as a pre-requisite for other skills.
    DanDK
  • TheChaosLegendTheChaosLegend
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 7,925
    edited 1:49AM August 11, 2018

You're doing something wrong if that shows up as a higher number. Conditioning just has a bigger damage multiplier, except for rank 1 of bronze eagle. getting +0.3% dex is worth less than 0.3% of your base damage while conditioning's +0.6% physical attack is worth exactly 0.6% of your base damage. Physical attack is calculated by (DEX * 0.xx + other sources of physical attack) bronze eagle only boosts a portion of your physical attack while conditioning increases ALL of it. and by twice as much. As a bonus, bronze eagle doesn't even have 100% uptime while conditioning does. It's impossible for bronze eagle to be better than conditioning, (except for rank 1 of course!) unless you consider using it as a pre-requisite for other skills.

I could be wrong (literally just my opinion) but when I switched my DPM increased significantly (from 2 mil damage per min -> 2.4 mil damage per min). I have no interest in figuring out the math behind it, I just did my own tests in game against the single-target dummies and saw a big difference.

It also might be important to note that we are looking at combinations of the two skills and not completely a choice between one and the other.