Best Archer Skill Build?

AlexuAlexu
Maplestory 2 Rep: 410
edited 3:52AM July 21, 2018 in Archer
Hello Everyone! I've been thinking about playing Archer and I was just wondering if anyone knows/has a good build for them. I'm looking for an all-around build, good for mobbing and good for bossing, but anything works! Thank you

Comments

• AlexuAlexu
    I am aware of the megathread guide for Archers but tbh I got really confused reading it
  • SqinSqin
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 620
    Most people are following the same build from CBT1 6xEbXHB.png
    DSdavidDSDanDK
  • AlexuAlexu
    Sqin wrote: »
    Most people are following the same build from CBT1 6xEbXHB.png

Thank you very much!
    Rikku198711
  • CubeNoobCubeNoob
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,815
    Keep in mind that as you progress throughout the game like doing map completions etc.. will give you some more skill points.
  • KillerkonnatKillerkonnat
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 545
    Screwdriver Shot is terrible at the current level cap of 50. Low level skill is bad. And if you want to kill dungeon or raid bosses, 10/10 Agile Archer is the best passive. It's not worth much before endgame, but at 50 it's by far stronger than the other passives.
    DanDK
  • TheChaosLegendTheChaosLegend
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 7,655
    edited 11:52AM August 1, 2018
    When I was checking my dpm I found that bronze eagle? (at lvl50) is significantly better than conditioning. I.e. leave conditioning at +6 and get bronze eagle to +10. Also I would leave screwdriver shot at +1 for the lvl50 cap

^ for all of your future reference

P.S. with the lvl50 cap sharp eyes can only reach +9
    DanDK
  • KillerkonnatKillerkonnat
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 545
    edited 12:39AM August 9, 2018
    When I was checking my dpm I found that bronze eagle? (at lvl50) is significantly better than conditioning. I.e. leave conditioning at +6 and get bronze eagle to +10. Also I would leave screwdriver shot at +1 for the lvl50 cap

You're doing something wrong if that shows up as a higher number. Conditioning just has a bigger damage multiplier, except for rank 1 of bronze eagle. getting +0.3% dex is worth less than 0.3% of your base damage while conditioning's +0.6% physical attack is worth exactly 0.6% of your base damage. Physical attack is calculated by (DEX * 0.xx + other sources of physical attack) bronze eagle only boosts a portion of your physical attack while conditioning increases ALL of it. and by twice as much. As a bonus, bronze eagle doesn't even have 100% uptime while conditioning does. It's impossible for bronze eagle to be better than conditioning, (except for rank 1 of course!) unless you consider using it as a pre-requisite for other skills.
  • TheChaosLegendTheChaosLegend
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 7,655
    edited 2:49AM August 11, 2018

You're doing something wrong if that shows up as a higher number. Conditioning just has a bigger damage multiplier, except for rank 1 of bronze eagle. getting +0.3% dex is worth less than 0.3% of your base damage while conditioning's +0.6% physical attack is worth exactly 0.6% of your base damage. Physical attack is calculated by (DEX * 0.xx + other sources of physical attack) bronze eagle only boosts a portion of your physical attack while conditioning increases ALL of it. and by twice as much. As a bonus, bronze eagle doesn't even have 100% uptime while conditioning does. It's impossible for bronze eagle to be better than conditioning, (except for rank 1 of course!) unless you consider using it as a pre-requisite for other skills.

I could be wrong (literally just my opinion) but when I switched my DPM increased significantly (from 2 mil damage per min -> 2.4 mil damage per min). I have no interest in figuring out the math behind it, I just did my own tests in game against the single-target dummies and saw a big difference.

It also might be important to note that we are looking at combinations of the two skills and not completely a choice between one and the other.