Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Duplicate Designs?

ArgetlamArgetlam
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,390
edited 3:45PM July 26, 2018 in Outfit Designs
Was just checking out the design shop since I didn't care for the currently available section when I noticed this. Not really sure what's up with this or if it's even allowed

37407797_1802266933154234_2880131044936253440_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=80393756d6860d1c1699ddfc153c5f05&oe=5C1378AC

inb4 people think I'm a snitch but whatever
Pekin

Comments

• LutiasLutias
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,880
    There are a lot of templates found online that players save and upload. One part of the ToS for UGC outfits is that it must be original work, so they technically shouldn't be allowed unless it's the creator themself. It's closed beta, so moderation might be a little more lax, and I hope the official release improves on that.
    ArgetlamMiguelxmewberi
  • BakaAnikiBakaAniki
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,610
    You can always report them, not sure if it works though.
  • EyphaEypha
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,365
    a rule against using "free" outfits is the biggest joke. how is nexon supposed to confirm if one is the creator or not? they cant even proof it. that rule is just stupid
  • idontreallyknowmanidontreallyknowman
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,060
    Eypha wrote: »
    a rule against using "free" outfits is the biggest joke. how is nexon supposed to confirm if one is the creator or not? they cant even proof it. that rule is just stupid

Yeah but you shouldn't be able to SELL outfits that you didn't make yourself, think that's the whole point here. Using free outfits is fine.
  • JoTheWeirdoJoTheWeirdo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,925
    As someone who puts a lot of efford in their ugc stuff I have to say that this is disgusting behaviour, you're basically stealing art and selling it for your own benefits.
    idontreallyknowmanArgetlam
  • MiguelxMiguelx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,885
    edited 7:45PM July 23, 2018
    As someone who puts a lot of efford in their ugc stuff I have to say that this is disgusting behaviour, you're basically stealing art and selling it for your own benefits.

But if it's available to anyone online somewhere, then that's on the creator no? That's basically the same as a artist complaining about people reposting their art when they never put a watermark somewhere on their drawing to begin with. The ugc shop isn't there for a users benefit, it's there for nexons benefit. If the artists makes a free template for fun and gives it out, that's not really a reason to feel bad for the artist, but just meme on the person selling it for profit.

It sucks a lot but that's life.

As an artist, if you don't want a design out, don't make it public, it's not rocket science.

Anyways, if someone actually cared that much, they can report the design and link proof in the report i'm pretty sure.
  • BluclueBluclue
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,190
    Miguelx wrote: »

But if it's available to anyone online somewhere, then that's on the creator no? That's basically the same as a artist complaining about people reposting their art when they never put a watermark somewhere on their drawing to begin with. The ugc shop isn't there for a users benefit, it's there for nexons benefit. If the artists makes a free template for fun and gives it out, that's not really a reason to feel bad for the artist, but just meme on the person selling it for profit.

As an artist, if you don't want a design out, don't make it public, it's not rocket science.

Anyways, if someone actually cared that much, they can report the design and link proof in the report i'm pretty sure.

That's when you are wrong kiddo. Its wrong to use someone else's work to profit yourself without the consent of original author. Also i can easily obtain any template on the design shop. Does that mean i can steal any work i want and sell it as my own? No.
    idontreallyknowmanArgetlam
  • idontreallyknowmanidontreallyknowman
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,060
    Bluclue wrote: »
    Miguelx wrote: »

That's when you are wrong kiddo. Its wrong to use someone else's work to profit yourself without the consent of original author. Also i can easily obtain any template on the design shop. Does that mean i can steal any work i want and sell it as my own? No.

Not only is it wrong, it's illegal. I wouldn't be suprised if they banned people for actually stealing other's designs and trying to profit off of it.
    ArgetlamLunaeya