Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

[EVENT] Mushking Royale Weekend

Comments

• KoryuuKoryuu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 430
    The season was set to end today at 15:00 server which is why it ended.
    XtonyHiyateYinYangXDanDK
  • StrobeStrobe
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 880
    You should just call the event as it is and let it end. Your GMs are obviously idiots, considering the fact that you had someone destroy the economy yesterday for a whole day. I don't think whatever solution you have to make up for miscommunication is going to, in any way, be favorable to the people that wasted their time on this event.
    BoshiDoshiBakaCow3DanDK
  • HiyateHiyate
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 595
    Koryuu wrote: »
    The season was set to end today at 15:00 server which is why it ended.

Yes, its been set to 22nd from the start (and I still thought it would end tomorrow). Someone just set the event times wrong.

• StrawberryPanicStrawberryPanic
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,685
    Strobe wrote: »
    You should just call the event as it is and let it end. Your GMs are obviously idiots, considering the fact that you had someone destroy the economy yesterday for a whole day. I don't think whatever solution you have to make up for miscommunication is going to, in any way, be favorable to the people that wasted their time on this event.

Not only talking about economy in two weeks long beta is inappropriate, but you are also very rude towards people who are doing their job. People were mad yesterday when GMs spawned a lot of bosses (because economy ruined) and they were also mad today when only one boss was spawned per channel. Because they wanted more fun. It's not possible for GMs to satisfy every single player there is. And especially right now - they have more important things to do, as technical aspects of the game have to be tested. Including problems that occured with this event, where it ended sooner than expected.

HiyateBakaCow3ChibiDemonXtonySerketteShalltearbloodfallenTylerTheDragonGarlicBread
  • StrobeStrobe

Not only talking about economy in two weeks long beta is inappropriate, but you are also very rude towards people who are doing their job. People were mad yesterday when GMs spawned a lot of bosses (because economy ruined) and they were also mad today when only one boss was spawned per channel. Because they wanted more fun. It's not possible for GMs to satisfy every single player there is. And especially right now - they have more important things to do, as technical aspects of the game have to be tested. Including problems that occured with this event, where it ended sooner than expected.

I am allowed my opinion. This is the internet. If you do not like free speech, move to North Korea and get lost.

And the event did not end sooner than 'expected'. If the GMs bothered to check, they would have noticed that the game says that ranking ends on 2/22/18 at 15:00 in-game time. People also posted on this exact thread addressing this discrepancy. The GMs either knew this, or they were proudly ignorant of this fact. Whatever the matter, they failed to communicate with us properly until after the event ended. This is a failure.

I don't care about your definition of 'rude'. I spoke the truth. If the truth is 'rude', then I will be rude, and you may call me rude. A GM should understand how pumping Mesos into an economy with an in-game event is a highly destabilizing economic event that causes consumer trust to be lost. Any GM that does not understand the histories of Weimar Germany or Zimbabwe should be immediately deposed and replaced with a competent employee. I say this now so that it DOES NOT happen in release.

It is better for me to speak the truth during CBT, where the economy does not matter, so that when the game releases, the same mistakes are not made where it actually does matter. If you have a problem with me, then ignore me. Nobody is forcing you to interact with me. Turn off your computer, buy a plane ticket, and head to the glorious Pyongyang capital where you will never have to be bothered by internet bullies ever again. Just, y'know, the government bully, but 24/7 surveillance is a trade that anyone should take to escape 'rude' internet comments.
    DanDK
  • SnowdenSnowden
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 745
    edited 5:53PM July 22, 2018
    I am allowed my opinion. This is the internet. If you do not like free speech, move to North Korea and get lost.

And the event did not end sooner than 'expected'. If the GMs bothered to check, they would have noticed that the game says that ranking ends on 2/22/18 at 15:00 in-game time. People also posted on this exact thread addressing this discrepancy. The GMs either knew this, or they were proudly ignorant of this fact. Whatever the matter, they failed to communicate with us properly until after the event ended. This is a failure.

I don't care about your definition of 'rude'. I spoke the truth. If the truth is 'rude', then I will be rude, and you may call me rude. A GM should understand how pumping Mesos into an economy with an in-game event is a highly destabilizing economic event that causes consumer trust to be lost. Any GM that does not understand the histories of Weimar Germany or Zimbabwe should be immediately deposed and replaced with a competent employee. I say this now so that it DOES NOT happen in release.

It is better for me to speak the truth during CBT, where the economy does not matter, so that when the game releases, the same mistakes are not made where it actually does matter. If you have a problem with me, then ignore me. Nobody is forcing you to interact with me. Turn off your computer, buy a plane ticket, and head to the glorious Pyongyang capital where you will never have to be bothered by internet bullies ever again. Just, y'know, the government bully, but 24/7 surveillance is a trade that anyone should take to escape 'rude' internet comments.

You must be great at parties. If you're going to parade your opinion around here at least speak for yourself. You're a single player saying consumer trust will be lost because of an event during CBT, but you don't represent all consumers. Not to mention, you probably need to get off the internet for a while and find yourself if you think NEXON cares who you think they should employ. You're forgetting this is a free to play game, nothing is owed to you unless you pay for it in the cash shop (especially during CBT), so your entitled tone is pretty cringe-worthy. They'll probably just extend the event since this was a technical issue.
    SerketteMorganCouvet
  • HoIyHoIy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,170
    edited 6:22PM July 22, 2018
    Would really appreciate any type of response in regards of people exclusively teaming to win and are in he top ladder. Was this allowed?

What happens to people who already have a pack?

DanDK
  • StrobeStrobe
    edited 6:38PM July 22, 2018
    Again, calling it a 'technical issue'. Saying that the event ended 'sooner than expected'.

They needed one GM to look at this thread and respond to one comment addressing the in-game discrepancy. You guys are SJW idiots that can't tolerate logic, let alone comprehend it. Their failure to communicate on this issue is a function of profound incompetency. They pay GMs and developers to audit and confirm content before pushing it out. These people failed at an elementary task, which is simply confirming that the in-game text matches with the publicly proclaimed dates for the event. This is complete idiocy.

I am raising concern because this shows a total lack of care from the publisher side towards its community before the game even launches. And I am not speaking for just myself. My claims concern the entirety of this community because right now, we are being presented with GM Zimbabwe that cannot even read plain English, let alone bother to babble out an incoherent response to us.

They are wasting money on these GMs and whoever audits their content. That is my concern because it seems like they have hired idiots to tend to this community. Especially considering how many issues we have already had with unclear and ambiguous news updates from the community managers—such as trying to expand upon what actually is in the Premium Club.

If you aren't concerned by total incompetency, then you are part of the problem. The community pays these guys' salaries. We deserve competent and smart GMs, and if we don't get that, then the only losing party is Nexon. This is my last comment against this issue concerning the Mushking event.
    DanDK
  • SnowdenSnowden
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 745
    edited 7:36PM July 22, 2018
    Again, calling it a 'technical issue'. Saying that the event ended 'sooner than expected'.

They needed one GM to look at this thread and respond to one comment addressing the in-game discrepancy. You guys are SJW idiots that can't tolerate logic, let alone comprehend it. Their failure to communicate on this issue is a function of profound incompetency. They pay GMs and developers to audit and confirm content before pushing it out. These people failed at an elementary task, which is simply confirming that the in-game text matches with the publicly proclaimed dates for the event. This is complete idiocy.

I am raising concern because this shows a total lack of care from the publisher side towards its community before the game even launches. And I am not speaking for just myself. My claims concern the entirety of this community because right now, we are being presented with GM Zimbabwe that cannot even read plain English, let alone bother to babble out an incoherent response to us.

They are wasting money on these GMs and whoever audits their content. That is my concern because it seems like they have hired idiots to tend to this community. Especially considering how many issues we have already had with unclear and ambiguous news updates from the community managers—such as trying to expand upon what actually is in the Premium Club.

If you aren't concerned by total incompetency, then you are part of the problem. The community pays these guys' salaries. We deserve competent and smart GMs, and if we don't get that, then the only losing party is Nexon. This is my last comment against this issue concerning the Mushking event.

This is you right now.

47517495.jpg
  • MarcusTherionMarcusTherion
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 700
    edited 8:33PM July 22, 2018
    'I am allowed my opinion. This is the internet. If you do not like free speech, move to North Korea and get lost.'

Ah the classic 'MUH FREE SPEECH!' as an excuse to be rude because you lack proper manners, nice. I suggest next time perhaps voicing your concerns and opinions in a better fashion when stating them publicly rather than 'THESE GUYS ARE IDIOTS, WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY.'

They created events for the community to get active and involved in. Why are you getting so up in arms about a 'economy being ruined' in a CBT that's going to be fully wiped and everyone starting from scratch? Sure, there have been two errors thus far in terms of miscommunication, the first being the slime pet incident and accidentally saying that things would carry over to official, and now the incorrect times being posted for the MushKing event, mistakes happen, it'd certainly suck if happened on the live servers, but we're not on those, are we?

Though given your following responses, I'll just have to hope that you're 'trolling for the lulz' or something, because frankly the way you're being a little embarrassing and awkward, like a child screaming for a toy.

• SubglaciousSubglacious
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,555
    Sure, there have been two errors thus far in terms of miscommunication, the first being the slime pet incident and accidentally saying that things would carry over to official, and now the incorrect times being posted for the MushKing event, mistakes happen, it'd certainly suck if happened on the live servers, but we're not on those, are we?

The slime thing is whatever, but the Mushking one can't be dismissed with "it's just beta" because they attached prizes to it. I stopped pushing my rank a while ago, but I would have been pretty unhappy if I was, say, #11 and gunning for the top 10.
    DanDK
  • XtonyXtony
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,725
    Sure, there have been two errors thus far in terms of miscommunication, the first being the slime pet incident and accidentally saying that things would carry over to official, and now the incorrect times being posted for the MushKing event, mistakes happen, it'd certainly suck if happened on the live servers, but we're not on those, are we?

The slime thing is whatever, but the Mushking one can't be dismissed with "it's just beta" because they attached prizes to it. I stopped pushing my rank a while ago, but I would have been pretty unhappy if I was, say, #11 and gunning for the top 10.

The time pool shown in-game was claiming to end at the time it did, and you could see like every single time you were queuing for Mushking. No one that was competing for the top 10 in EU got fooled (as far as I remember). We all thought that it was a typo on the anouncement (since there seem to be a mot of them when it cimes to events) and if they just said that the intended time was actually from the 20th to the 22th then it's also hard to say that you weren't aware of when it ends.

Now that Cuddles said that it was supposed to end the 23th, I don't know how we are going to get out of this situation. Extending the event woumd also be unfair for those who expected the event to end on the 22th and I don't think people that are in the top 10 are willing to roll for an another day. I'm kinda curious to see how this is going to end.
  • EdwinightEdwinight
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,175
    edited 10:56PM July 22, 2018
    NXACuddles wrote: »
    Hi Maplers. The Mushking Royale event has unintentionally ended. We currently looking into what caused this issue. Thank you for your patience.

I'd really appreciate it if Nexon could bring this back for next weekend. I was about to try it out before it, and with my luck it ended before the advertised time.
  • SubglaciousSubglacious
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,555
    Xtony wrote: »

The time pool shown in-game was claiming to end at the time it did, and you could see like every single time you were queuing for Mushking. No one that was competing for the top 10 in EU got fooled (as far as I remember). We all thought that it was a typo on the anouncement (since there seem to be a mot of them when it cimes to events) and if they just said that the intended time was actually from the 20th to the 22th then it's also hard to say that you weren't aware of when it ends.

Now that Cuddles said that it was supposed to end the 23th, I don't know how we are going to get out of this situation. Extending the event woumd also be unfair for those who expected the event to end on the 22th and I don't think people that are in the top 10 are willing to roll for an another day. I'm kinda curious to see how this is going to end.

Personally I thought the in-game time was unintended because they said the 23rd in two places. I think it's understandable if people assumed the news blogs were correct.

They could do something like extending the prizes to the next places (1-2 Legendary, 3-5 Master, 6-12/15 Explorer) but since it's across all servers, that's probably way more 'value' than they want to give away for free. If it were up to me I think I'd just apologize and let the current standings determine prize winners
    scll
  • MegaBurritoMegaBurrito
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 945
    I agree that we should just take the current ranks and move on. I didn't look at the blog and just assumed the in-game time was when it ended.

I'm not in the top 10, and honestly I don't think anybody that isn't close already is going to be catching up if they slightly extend it.
    scll
  • BoshiDoshiBoshiDoshi
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 325
    I definitely got bamboozled and thought it would end on the 23rd instead of yesterday.
    Went to bed thinking i could climb back up in rankings since i'd have another day and i was already sitting at rank 9 or somewhere around there, woke up just to find out the event ended and that i'm out of top 10.

Which is unfortunate for me for taking chances, however, i do think it would be the best for Nexon to end the event as it is right now, or else it would screw over a lot of top 10 people that are clinging to their ranks lol.

All in all it was a blast to play with all the people that participated in the Mushking event.
    I have no doubts that the official game will be fun as heck if we get more events like these!
    scllDanDK
  • AxelSparksterAxelSparkster
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 635
    Yeah, I don't think they should extend the event.

In my opinion, having a separate Mushking Royale event this upcoming weekend (or some time in general) just so people who missed out on the participation prizes can still have a second chance would be ideal.
    TheChaosLegendscllDanDK
  • BoshiDoshiBoshiDoshi
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 325
    edited 7:29PM July 23, 2018
    Why the hell did you guys extend the mushking event with preserved rankings??
    If you are gonna compensate for the ''early'' end atleast start it off as a new season, because as of right now you are only giving the people who are sitting at the top rank another day of farming, whereas new players don't even remotely have a chance at the prizes.
    There is another full weekend before the CBT2 ends where you could pop in a second season of the mushking event.
    Come on now lol
    scll
  • Nyuuk1ngNyuuk1ng
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 810
    You guys should give the reward to the top 10+5 random and block their accounts from playing this Mushking, then you guys could create another reward to anyone who will play this Saturday.
    scllDanDK
  • scllscll
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 780
    Why could the solution to this not have been to have another event period next weekend for another set of rewards? Where the current Top 10 are unable to earn spots in that set of rankings.