Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

[EVENT] Mushking Royale Weekend

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 61,855
Administrator
edited 3:59PM July 19, 2018 in Official News
Mushking Royale is coming to Closed Beta 2 for a special weekend of fun! This new take on the battle royale multiplayer game mode is our own little experiment. 
forums_mushkingweekend.jpg

You and 39 other players enter a map filled with buildings, bombs, environmental traps, treasure chests and much more. As deadly spores shrink the amount of room you have to fight in, battle it out to become the last Mapler standing. But Mushking Royale isn't the same as the Battle Royale games that you've played before, thanks to MapleStory 2's combat and a few special innovations.

We're looking forward to seeing you dominate your fellow Maplers in Mushking Royale! And to add a little extra incentive for giving the mode a try, we're giving out fun Mushking Royale-themed in-game items, plus Founder's Packs for the best Mushking Royale players!

Learn more here >> http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/32824
mmviiSoulXCloudPoseGlirotuszom

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,000
    Interested to see how this goes, since I've never been into Battle Royale, but Ill give it a shot. The way it looked on stream reminded me of Minecraft Hunger Games...which I suck at, but enjoy sometimes. Best of luck on the battlefield, Maplers :3
  • RainbowRuby98RainbowRuby98
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 870
    going to try it out, probably wont have enough time to try and be top ranked since i work all weekend but oh well
  • HyphoxHyphox
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,215
    I wonder what exactly people like me would get when they win a founders pack but already bought one
    DanDKAlways_HidPOPooch
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 30,490
    edited 5:43AM July 20, 2018
    You still didn't answer what would happen if you win a pack while there is already one attached to your account. I assume you get a free copy to give away.

Also, you're selling 20000+ but only giving away 15 packs, seems quite underwhelming. Especially since 12 of those are lowest tier. Got future events planned maybe?
    EDIT: forgot it's per server so 75 which is slightly more reasonable. Still I don't think it could've hurt to give like 100 each server or something.
    Always_HidAlzackPOPooch
  • HoIyHoIy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,170
    30 mins still no update on what the reward will be if you already have founders. I get I'll go on my spare account with invite
  • FluffsterFluffster
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 760
    Can we have clarity, is it just the title that is transferring over to live? Or are any of the other items?

Need to know how long I need to spend in this game mode over the weekend. :P
  • HoIyHoIy
    So the people in top of my ladder our people who are teaming. Are these people going to get DQ'd or is this allowed?
    Evora
  • DanDKDanDK
    Also, it seems like the rank system is only based on playtime, no matter your performance your score rises the more you play. Since this is just a race you can't win, I'm not going to compete anymore. Make a proper ranking system next time.
    Fluffster wrote: »
    Can we have clarity, is it just the title that is transferring over to live? Or are any of the other items?

Need to know how long I need to spend in this game mode over the weekend. :P

Only the title. When they aren't specific, that's usually how it goes.
    Evora
  • SubglaciousSubglacious
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,555
    On the website it says Mushking Royale lasts for 3 days, but in-game it says the season is 2 days. Which one is correct?
  • BoshiDoshiBoshiDoshi
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 325
    On the website it says Mushking Royale lasts for 3 days, but in-game it says the season is 2 days. Which one is correct?

I'd like to know as well.
    Seems odd to go from Friday 20th to Monday 23rd when it supposed to be a Weekend event lol
  • HoIyHoIy
    I think this is the worst event ever. No clarification and people cheating.

How come the other events have staff replying but this one not a single word. All it took is just confirmation or a little bit more information.

Now no one is even playing the mode for west coast and the server itself is literally dead. I can’t imagine why a stress test beta invited so little amount of people.

Not to mention the weird leveling where it you guys somehow made leveling experience worst and I didnt even think that was possible.
  • DanDKDanDK

It's 48 hours (2 days) stretching across Friday-Sunday (3 days). The in-game timer should be very clear about this.
  • ChojaChoja
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,680
    DanDK wrote: »

It's 48 hours (2 days) stretching across Friday-Sunday (3 days). The in-game timer should be very clear about this.

The ingame timer said 07/22. The webpage said 07/23. Players would trust Nexon on having the correct time on their webpages because they started the Boss Invasion events at the correct timezones for Europe and USA, but they set the times for this event incorrectly. Do we trust their judgment on what the webpage says and tell them they messed up or take what they set ingame and just lose a day we thought we had left?
  • XtonyXtony
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,725
    edited 8:31AM July 22, 2018
    The mode was a lot of fun and for the majority of the weekend, I didn't see any ill behaviour or salt in-game. Everyone that participated were amazing!
    I also would like to give some shoutouts to AwesomeSauce, Fool, Miyu and Dkay who were oblirating everyone and deserved more than their founder's pack. To the rest, you all did well too!

I had more fun than I expected with this minigame. Battle Royale should never be considered as a complex game or even an entire game, I'm surprised that Nexon did this right. It doesn't take a lot to learn to kill a few people and matches rarely goes for over 10 minutes. I've seen some people complaining about bugs which are mostly caused by delays (the shurikanne broke my heart more than once) but other than stat, everything was running smoothly. I really hope that (mostly) nothing gets changed and that this minigame doesn't take a big attention to the devs.

What more to say? Thanks to everyone that played. I really hope that we'll get to destroy (or be destroyed by) each other soon enough!
    MilkTeé
  • kirasterkiraster
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,225
    I ended up on the top 10 in EU and i have already bought a founders pack, Would it be possible to give it to the #11 instead ?
    XtonyMilkTeé
  • SubglaciousSubglacious
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,555
    Well, you can't queue up anymore, so I guess my question is answered. Yay! Sucks for people that were pushing for higher ranks and expecting another day though.
  • XtonyXtony
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,725
    kiraster wrote: »
    I ended up on the top 10 in EU and i have already bought a founders pack, Would it be possible to give it to the #11 instead ?

My boy.
  • MilkTeéMilkTeé
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,010
    Xtony wrote: »
    kiraster wrote: »

My boy.

you deserve it :)
  • AxelSparksterAxelSparkster
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 635
    Was hoping to try out Mushking Royale this weekend, but like a few others, I was confused because the website has different information than the game. I thought the event would still be going on today because the website says it goes until the 23rd. :l
  • NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 61,855
    Administrator
    edited 12:08PM July 22, 2018
    Hi Maplers. The Mushking Royale event has unintentionally ended. We currently looking into what caused this issue. Thank you for your patience.