Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20

General complaints.

RisuneRisune
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,095
in General Chat
Before you comment in the comment section saying this is the 20th post of complaining you have seen, don't bother. I'm just voicing my opinion.

I've been seeing a lot of complaints about several things such as CBT hats, Star adventurer and name reservations. It's honestly tiring to see all these threads with no sense of reason to them so I thought I would address some of them.

Firstly CBT hat, Why was this such a big deal? it's a hat. A HAT. It is totally understandable that CBT2 players get the hat because its a CBT hat not a CBT1 hat, however The star adventurer hat was something CBT1 players worked for in CBT1 and you should not be entitled to these rewards unless you work for them.

Now, the main issue I've been seeing is the founders pack name reservations. Honestly I can see both sides on this, the lowest package should not have name reservations in my opinion. I agree its stupid to be able to secure several names on multiple accounts for such a low cost because it does take away from the player base but on the other two packages I don't see an issue. They're paying upwards of $50 for a game they're still not sure about the direction of... I'm sorry not all of you have the money to secure your names most of which aren't sort after. (yes you __Maplestory__is__kewlxx72) But for those of you who can afford it but really want your name then honestly whats stopping you from dropping $25 for it when you are passionate enough about it to make a salty forum post?

For those of you in CBT thinking you are entitled to a name reservation for helping test the game then you already have several exclusives if you did actively play and shouldn't need more. Even if you did give extensive feedback and actively played and you feel that is enough to warrant having a name reservation then you should keep in mind the whole point of the CBT was to give feedback and actively test (don't expect things for doing what you signed up for).
JiexiNorthboundXphobiaZatchBakaAnikiRielysianMarsBlue

Comments

• XphobiaXphobia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,000
    edited 10:30AM September 23, 2018
    Part 2
    JiexiZatchRielysianMarsBlueMaremare
  • MaremareMaremare
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 100
    I wish that wouldnt limit how many dungeons we can do weekly, i hate how limited we are. I was planning on playing this game for a long time but not being able to do things until it resets at the end of the week is killing me. Besides dungeons there isnt much to do. life skills also can be done only a limited amount of times and nothing offers as much fun or as good loot as dungeons. why limit what we can do in the game.
  • ConsolableConsolable
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,235
    Maremare wrote: »
    why limit what we can do in the game.

because people have lives

If there wasn't a limit then epic gear would be flooding the black market then there would be no need to do normal dungeons at all because then you could just buy a weapon for cheap, SO THEN WHAT IS THE POINT OF NORMAL DUNGEONS? CONTENT. FOR USERS TO EXPERIENCE before they go on to harder dungeons.
  • MaremareMaremare
    Consolable wrote: »
    why limit what we can do in the game.

because people have lives

If there wasn't a limit then epic gear would be flooding the black market then there would be no need to do normal dungeons at all because then you could just buy a weapon for cheap, SO THEN WHAT IS THE POINT OF NORMAL DUNGEONS? CONTENT. FOR USERS TO EXPERIENCE before they go on to harder dungeons.

No the rate still is low and very uncommon so it wouldnt, i know people who have done 50+ Dungeons and nothing, but what im saying is what is the point in playing the game if im max level and cant get anything from dungeons
  • PizzaBearPizzaBear
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,795
    The point is for you to keep playing until you get it, so you don't go complaining about running out of things to do 2 weeks after the game just came out.
  • MaremareMaremare
    PizzaBear wrote: »
    The point is for you to keep playing until you get it, so you don't go complaining about running out of things to do 2 weeks after the game just came out.

But it had the opposite effect. Because of the limit i can only play until i get stopped by those dungeon limits and life skill timers. When those are to the limit there is nothing to do
  • MaremareMaremare
    Im not saying to get rid of the caps but atleast make it a daily limit of 10 and have no weekly limit, otherwise i hit the limit the first 3 days that i can and have nothing for the rest of the week
  • PizzaBearPizzaBear
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,795
    But you eventually play again when the limit is reset. If too many players have end game gears too early, they would not run those dungeons so often anymore.
  • MarchinBunnyMarchinBunny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,245
    Risune wrote: »
    Firstly CBT hat, Why was this such a big deal? it's a hat. A HAT. It is totally understandable that CBT2 players get the hat because its a CBT hat not a CBT1 hat, however The star adventurer hat was something CBT1 players worked for in CBT1 and you should not be entitled to these rewards unless you work for them.
    CBT2 players didn't get the CBT hat. I can't tell if that is what you mean, or if you thought they did.

• ahdjadhjadhahdjadhjadh
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 540
    edited 2:04PM October 15, 2018
    I wish that wouldnt limit how many dungeons we can do weekly, i hate how limited we are. I was planning on playing this game for a long time but not being able to do things until it resets at the end of the week is killing me. Besides dungeons there isnt much to do. life skills also can be done only a limited amount of times and nothing offers as much fun or as good loot as dungeons. why limit what we can do in the game.

I totally agree with you. Everyone says the reason is because things are tradable, but an easy solution would be to add untradable stuff lol. (keep the tradable ones, there is always someone who is going to prefer to buy instead of farm)
    PizzaBear wrote: »
    But you eventually play again when the limit is reset. If too many players have end game gears too early, they would not run those dungeons so often anymore.
    Then add better rewards instead of JUST the epic gear. (LIKE WHAT?) like outfits, who wouldn't grind a dungeon for a nice outfit? Or whatelse, good consumables as reward would be nice as well, that would help in hard mode dungeons so I believe people would farm those dungeons to get it. If we spend a couple minutes here thinking, we'll find plenty ways to make people want to run those dungeons without limiting them or flooding the market.
    CardosoMaremareSyrusMarufuji