Please read this notice regarding the Crystal Ore shop >> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45351/regarding-the-crystal-ore-shop
Closed

[Feedback] Questing and Achievements

Comments

• AnthunyAnthuny
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 790
    Like the first post says, some of the cutscene text progresses way too quickly. The worst of it was during the Ellinia questline, and especially any scene that had Einos speaking in it. Sometimes it literally flashed through texts.

Another issue is that occasionally my character's eyes which are pink will turn blue for the duration of the cutscene.
    BonessyAgent_DragonfuryVPencil
  • YlmirYlmir
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 560
    edited 5:06PM July 19, 2018
    The automatic text advance is either too slow or too fast, depending on the user. Since some people are not native english speakers and the game isn't translated in a lot of languages yet, it's normal that some people will have trouble with text being too fast, while others are finding it too slow because they are fast readers. Letting people advance manually through cutscenes would be the best way to satisfy everyone. Another, les flexible but more easily implementable solution would be to let people choose between a "slow" and a "fast" setting.

The issue mentioned in the post above is actually about an early quest in Ellinel, where a dialogue is almost literally skipped by the game. Four lines of text, with less that one second to read through all of it. I think it happens during the first visit at Ellinel, when
    you come back from the Shadow Gate with Einos after giving him the samples, and before the experiment with the orb, but I'm not completely sure.

Also, with the addition of the world quests, I feel like the quest tracker on the right side of the screen is really cluttered with useless information. I would really like to see filters that would let us, for example :
    - Keep the Epic storyline displayed at all times (it is currently displayed only on the first page)
    - Hide the Epic storyline at all times (for when you're blocked by your level - and sadly, there is no way to hide it even when there's nothing you can do with that quest)
    - Hide the quests unrelated to the map/region the player is into.

Being able to hide the quest tracker completely could be a nice addition as well.
    BonessyAgent_DragonfuryAlzack
  • NorthboundNorthbound
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,145
    edited 5:09PM July 19, 2018
    I don't see any changes other than an XP nerf to the epic questline, but thanks for letting us skip more of the boring cutscenes. I don't really see the point in restating all the same feedback people told you from the last beta since it seems like you're not really interested in improving the main questline, but the feedback is mostly the same: the questline sucks. The long walks between NPCs once you hit level 40 is particularly draining. There's nothing about it that's fun, and I'm sure 99% of the players have long since stopped bothering to read quest text. Go to the Kerning hideout. Go to Shadow Altar. Go back to the hideout. Go to Tria. Go to the Shadow Altar. Go back... Blah blah blah. Probably the worst questing experience I've ever seen in an MMO. The world quests are nice because they're optional and they don't require you to do them in a certain order, but they don't really add much to the overall experience. If you do get rid of the epic quest, move the rare gear rewards to the normal quests and significantly increase their XP reward.

With regards to the pre-10 questing experience, I think you should strongly consider bringing back the Maple Island tutorial as opposed to the garbage class quest process. A super long sequence of cutscenes is such a bad way to start off with the game, and the Maple Island intro from KMS2 pre-restart was perfect. It doesn't seem like the class stories matter at all once you get to Lith Harbor, so it's not like anything of value would be lost.
    Bagobolder_tasteHatManSubglaciousDanDKPhantomGirlMarkM
  • SfreaSfrea
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 530
    edited 6:47PM July 19, 2018
    Just a small thing I noticed during the Darkmind HQ mission quest where you have to run through the corridor and enemies spawn at interval times.
    Is a little bit confusing when I reached the end the corridor and didn't know I had to take out all the enemies maybe adding an objective to survive or defeat all enemies can make it less confusing, I was stuck at that quest for a good 5 minutes.
    VPencilSubglacious
  • AnthunyAnthuny
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 790
    Ylmir wrote: »
    The automatic text advance is either too slow or too fast, depending on the user.

Not entirely. I'm a fast reader. Like annoyed whenever I have to listen to anyone else ever read something because they're too slow kind of fast. Putting YouTube on 2x speed because people read things too painfully slow kind of fast. And even with that there are a lot of texts that I can not read in time. I've stopped reading for enjoyment and started having to quickly skim everything that's said or else I'm going to miss something. I still do miss things too often.
    Agent_Dragonfury
  • ClaraClara
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 615
    [Epic] Dominated by Fear quest takes way too long to complete in my opinion.
    The monsters have been spawning when I first accepted the quest. I had to log off before I could complete the whole quest in finding monster drops.
    When I logged back in, no Coal Demiporkers were spawning.
    I'm stuck trying to find spawns for Coal Demiporker in the Calamitysnare map. I've spent a good 30 minutes switch channels and waiting around to see if any will spawn. I've killed about 5 Coal Demiporkers when I first accepted the quest, but only 2 of them dropped the item that is needed.
    I also tried abandoning the quest and accepting it when I got back on again, but it didn't change the spawn time at all.

I suggest either increasing the amount of monster spawns for Infernicorn, Oniorung, and Coal Demiporker, or making the monster item drop 100% chance.
  • pholtospholtos
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,225
    edited 1:57AM July 20, 2018
    I think this is the right feedback section...
    So... why is Lennon a Ground Mount?
    RtmWnLc.jpg
    DanDK
  • BagoBago
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 805
    edited 2:47AM July 20, 2018
    I still would like the ability to skip the epic story line completely, especially if one character of your characters has done it before. Having to do it with all your characters will get dull, it is currently forced on players as you would miss out on the skill and attribute points.

A boss and enemy hp scaling to amount of players in a group would be nice, allows solo players to have their low hp version and a group to have a more durable ones.
  • doofirthjrdoofirthjr
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 410
    I love the achievement system. It helps set goals and makes it rewarding for players to be random or continue to do the things they enjoy. So far at level 30 and having spent maybe 10 hours on the game total I find myself seeing a progression pop up and diverging from whatever I was doing to try and finish it for the reward it might have. Plus they aren't something everyone can just finish insanely quickly making some rewards a bit more exclusive and thus feel more like rewards rather than handouts.

Questing? Well this has been a bit grindy, since I think we're going to be reset and have to go through the entire story again I've just been breezing through it in order to make sure I can test as many features as possible. My biggest concern is side quests, I've finished quite a few and really don't find them rewarding enough to go out of my way for. To fix this I'd say add rewards that make that quest feel unique and worth mentioning. My memory is a bit fuzzy but I did a quest regarding two people having a crush on one another, I don't remember how it ended but imagine getting a title that said Matchmaker or a heart badge for it that you can tell others about. Or if that is too easy for that quality of a reward make a small series of side quests that revolve around the concept. Rewards like that should be worth bragging about and memorable so that people want them and are willing to make an effort to get them.

Main quest? Its been ok so far, I haven't really had any problems with it. I like the guard who keeps popping up and remember the scene where he walks in on the masked man and thinks hes a janitor. The dungeon portions get to my slightly because they are incredibly difficult for a solo player and take a bit of time to find a team for if no one else is looking at the time.
    BonessyAgent_Dragonfury
  • VerloVerlo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,000
    DanDK wrote: »
    The Main Quest and class story quests remain unchanged and still suffer from an non-existent filler storyline, plenty of cutscene issues and bugs, and feels like a huge waste of time designed specifically as an excuse to throw XP and mesos at people for enduring repetitive content and supposed gameplay.
    The entire questline needs a huge overhaul or simply scrap it and redesign it from scratch. Class quests need to have actual story, right now there is seriously nothing. Nothing ever picks up on the class story again once you start the game.

Achievements and Trophies work really well and I still don't understand why you make the same thread for these as they are in no way comparable to the scrap pile that is Quests at the moment.

Who actually played Maplestory for the STORY tho? Really? come on. LOL.
  • VerloVerlo
    Eternalx wrote: »
    Can we please have auto-route or at least pointers to where the NPCs are? It takes an awful long time to find them

NPC icons could be bigger. hard to distinguish them on a mini-map
    bolder_tasteHasori
  • VerloVerlo
    edited 7:35AM July 20, 2018
    Archima wrote: »
    I noticed that while doing the main quest line you won't get enough potions like in the other versions of the game.
    I continued getting those 200HP potions at until level 30(?) and they don't seem to be that helpful since the new mob scalling makes them very powerful so as an Assassin, It would be really tough to survive with them only.

Agreed! I kept getting 100s of RED HP potions even at lv 40.... I barely got Orange Potions and where are the White Potions?? The potion drops and rewards need to scale with content and difficulty better.
    xAngelBeatHasoriMelonCakeyPhantomGirl
  • KotecouKotecou
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 360
    Reguarding guild quests, I think they need a fix or and update, I think it's silly that one person can grab a quest but only one person gets it and your guild members can't help or see your quest when you grab it. What's the point of needing 3 guild members if they can't help or see your quests.
    I'd say to fix this you could either make it so everyone see's the quest or make it a larger amount, instead of 100 monsters you could do 1000 monsters and everyone in your guild can work together to complete it. It baffled me when My guild members couldn't help or see the quest that i was trying to complete for the guild hall.
    VerloAgent_DragonfuryHasoriMelonCakeyDanDK
  • AochieAochie
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,710
    Kotecou wrote: »
    Reguarding guild quests, I think they need a fix or and update, I think it's silly that one person can grab a quest but only one person gets it and your guild members can't help or see your quest when you grab it. What's the point of needing 3 guild members if they can't help or see your quests.
    I'd say to fix this you could either make it so everyone see's the quest or make it a larger amount, instead of 100 monsters you could do 1000 monsters and everyone in your guild can work together to complete it. It baffled me when My guild members couldn't help or see the quest that i was trying to complete for the guild hall.

Strange, my guild members were able to get the guild quests.
  • KotecouKotecou
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 360
    edited 2:04PM July 20, 2018
    Aochie wrote: »
    Kotecou wrote: »

Strange, my guild members were able to get the guild quests.

If i get a guild quest, and i need 2 other members in my party, They should be able to help me complete the quest. But as it stands now you get a quest, grab 2 guild members, and they have to sit and watch you complete the quest. because if they kill monsters it doesn't count for your quest.
    Brosephine
  • BrosephineBrosephine
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,070
    I'd also love the personal story to be a bit more consistent, and go on as the player progresses in the "main story" they all have in common.
    What in the world will happen to the old man?
    Will I be able to build another reactor for my benefactor?
    Who cares - There goes this whole caravan thing and, we'll just forget about it forever. Please don't make it so.

For a story progression reason, I believe soloing dungeons should be easier too. Like, if you want your adventure to be challenging, come back with a hoard of power players and just have plenty of fun. But if you want to watch the story and not be blocked by your low social attitude, you should be able as well, without too many issues...
    Agent_DragonfuryAnthunyPhantomGirl
  • pholtospholtos
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,225
    Epic Quest - Shadow's Siege. You're supposed to protect children and keep them alive, so as a priest, should I not be able to heal them while fighting? :P
    Qe6fZDD.jpg
    xAngelBeatsolartech0
  • OhzmaOhzma
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 745
    edited 12:43AM July 21, 2018
    Story is daunting if not frustrating to complete and progress, I gave it a chance at first but dang people should be able to skip-read. I also recommend being able to skip ALL kind of cutscenes if the player chooses to do so. The majority's consensus is that the story is not enjoyable so only makes sense from our perspective.

I also agree that many quests don't feel rewarding at all, I've always been one to enjoy Quest-Specific items and would like to recommend that, for example, if you complete a certain amount of quests in an area (lets use Henesys as an example) then you automatically unlock a unique item only obtained by fulfilling the number of quests for said area. Doesn't have to be anything broken or fancy but many collectors like myself enjoy those things and encourages people to explore. Or maybe once fulfilling that milestone the NPCs speak to you differently for helping the community out, giving you high rates for selling items as well as discounts when purchasing in the area's shops/taxis/etc. Every area could offer something different and exclusive. Maple world is big and will continue to grow exponentially so I really hope it doesn't end up like MS1 where a lot of content becomes overlooked just because there's literally no point or reward to complete them.
    bolder_tastesolartech0Alzack
  • ThijsBThijsB
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 695
    I think that the experience is wayyy too high. I am lvl 46 currently, I do need 36.771.462 experiences. For a system that only contains 50 levels, i think its unnecessary to have those kinds of numbers for experience. Whats wrong with just a million on this level x)
    But maybe its already to deep implemented in the game to change
    ShiktoAgent_Dragonfury
  • ShiktoShikto
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,950
    ThijsB wrote: »
    I think that the experience is wayyy too high. I am lvl 46 currently, I do need 36.771.462 experiences. For a system that only contains 50 levels, i think its unnecessary to have those kinds of numbers for experience. Whats wrong with just a million on this level x)
    But maybe its already to deep implemented in the game to change

yeah, all the numbers in general are WAY to high, gold, dmg, exp...
    xAngelBeatThijsB
This discussion has been closed.