Learn everything about the latest update in-game from the May 30 expansion patch notes!

>> http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/48341/awakening-patch-notes
Did your "Striker Daily Wonders" somehow disappear even though you thought you claimed it? Read here first:

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45521/notice-regarding-striker-daily-wonders
Closed

[Feedback] Side Activities

Comments

• SPACEBOY_SPACEBOY_
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 925
    Mostly still really fun, dance dance stop is by far my favourite minigame, more like that please! Ludi escape doesn't feel fun to play with the moving platforms being inconsistent.
  • ThisRiceEaterThisRiceEater
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 610
    edited 9:18AM July 23, 2018
    Would be nice if something could be done about having to hear 'Maplestory 2 OST #2' being spammed in Tria every time I have to go through there. And I'm not the only one that holds that opinion. It drives players away from playing their own custom composed music because who wants to be played over by three people spamming the same store-bought song for hours on end? The only thing that I can think of that would solve this would be to disable auto-performance in towns, but there are reasons to not do it. So I don't know, really.

Obtuse people have told me to mute custom music and to listen to music on Youtube, but that's missing the point entirely.
  • CapturedRayneCapturedRayne
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,810
    I love the mini games that appear while I play the game. I agree that party members shouldn't be all on the same map and it should just be randomized as it is now. My favorite games are the dance dance stop and the spring beach game. I think the races are a tad difficult and 5 or 10 more seconds added to the time limit would do justice. I do have a few opinions regarding the games though,
    - Dance Dance Stop : I think the option of deactivating a platform should be disabled. It causes a lot of problems.
    - Final Survivor : This game is probably my third favorite of all the minigames, but it really is also the luck of the draw, and I think players should be given one life before they immediately get sent to the losing area.
  • FiloraFilora
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 690
    If you lose a minigame you should be able to leave. Sucks, that I have to stay until it ends.
  • TylerTheDragonTylerTheDragon
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,525
    There shouldn't be people getting kicked out of the minigames before they are even given a chance to participate. It's happened twice now where the game has randomly booted me out of round 1 when the round is still happening. It just sucks I wait 30 minutes to enter the minigame then don't even get a chance to actually win it because I just randomly get warped to outside of the playing field.
  • ShinoZukaShinoZuka
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 430
    It seems like I spend tooo much time looking for what area I need to go to next to level up fishing. and to mine also.
  • CyberliskCyberlisk
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,415
    edited 1:30PM July 23, 2018
    Mini games are great , they are opportunities to make new friends as well! Some games are more fun than others though.

Dance Dance Stop - My all time favorite mini game , I run this every time I see it. More games like this!

Crazy Run - It was fun the first 2 times , but after that everyone knows how to get through it and it's boring , needs variation and more random elements and different maps.

Ludi Tower escape - I don't run this one anymore , but I think it's actually good..just way too hard , I never managed to clear it even once.

OX Quiz - Not sure what to say about it. Sometimes it's just more fun to see everyone react to the strangest question that nobody knows the answer to.

Spring Beach and Trap Master - I stopped running these after a few tries and they both feel almost the same. Sole Survivor is a more fun version.

Sole Survivor - 2nd favorite mini game.

Music is fun but...just like in Mabinogi you'll want to turn it off in major towns. Socializing is the main reason I am playing MS2 over every other MMORPG right now!
    Kinla
  • YuriGirlYuriGirl
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
    edited 9:37PM July 23, 2018
    I've been playing with music a lot, and there are a few issues I'm having with what's in game

1) Blank music scores of the same type don't stack. If I have 5 beginner music scrolls and 3 advanced music scrolls, that should only take up 2 slots in my inventory rather than 8, because each scroll of the same type is functionally identical until you write something to them.

2) The name field should be longer, or users should be able to add a comment to the score after making it. I make a lot of ensemble pieces, but I often have issues with one of my friends mixing up the "Decisive Battle" and "Battle Against a True Hero" scores because they're named "Decisive Drums" and "Battle Drums" respectively. Additionally, some song names are just too long. I have a solo piece of "Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town" which I have to name "CNBT" due to the 14 character limit. If I want to sell premade scores in game, then I need to be able to identify the scores properly so people actually know what they're buying and can get what they want. 14 characters might be enough for Korean or Chinese alphabets but it's incredibly hard to get even two words down in English.

3) Hitting the sort button in the Fishing/Music inventory will sort each score in a consistent, but seemingly random order. Beginner, intermediate, and advanced scrolls will all be grouped up together, but past that, it's anyone's guess as to where a particular score ends up, although hitting the sort button repeatedly will always give the same outcome.
  • DoowdoowDoowdoow
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 930
    Not sure where to post this, but I guess Guilds are socializing, so I'm putting this here.
    The maximum amount of characters you can use for your Guild Name is lower than on MS1. I'd love to use the same Guild name on MS2. But the name is 1 character too long. It would be great if you can change the maximum amount of characters used in a (Guild) name.
    Subglacious
  • MidnightNyaMidnightNya
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,790
    It'd be nice if music could be played freely (with no XP) when in a home, or with permission in a friend's home/guild home, without needing an auto perform coupon to be active. Even less restrictions for free play would be nice ('tho I wouldn't want to make it easier for people to spam ear-bleeding scores either).

Longer music score names too - or at least extra customization fields like 'composer' and 'artist' that can be shown in the item description.

- - -

Mini-games are nice, but the rotation as noted is too limited at the moment - so it gets old quick.
    Race mini-game could use some track variations, same to Ludi Jump (there's the changing pink/purple blocks but it's pretty minor). As of currently they're basically guaranteed XP/Kay's Coin once you get it down.

'tho on that note, the Kay's Coin rewards seem kinda useless despite the ever persistance of the mini-games. Maybe the rewards can have some more social/misc items instead of gear/consumable skills?

Mini-games are exitable through the escape menu, but it does seem inconsistent that you can't move to leave during spring trap unlike every other mini-game once you lose.

XP seems fine personally, it's a really quick filler and it should be more about the activity anyways. The more social/useful rewards can be a better incentive too.

- - -

Overall socializing? Other than some moments in mini-games, or occassional activities in towns, I feel like this is an aspect MS2 really needs to nail down as hard as possible. Currently there's not much party-oriented activities. Dungeons are limited and mini-games can get boring quick if it's done too much.

1. Party/Club quests. It can be simple like in Mabinogi where you just do a simple activity (similar to the current Guild quests) but contract-style and repeatable.
    2. World bosses are great, but I wonder if travel in the actual game would mean less incentive to attend them most of the time. How about instanced world bosses similar to Kay's mini-games where everyone portals temporarily together and fights a random epic boss?
    3. Player-dependency activities. To not dissuade solo players entirely it could be optional or made streamlined, but having players be able to set up and help each other outside of combat could be really neat. Maybe like Dungeon Fighter Online where you can set up a higher-tier dismantling service (with optional fee), or the enchanting services like in Mabinogi where a player of a higher profession can aid.
    4. More cooperative activities like the dancing one or team vs. team PvP for sure.
    5. Mario Party it up (in a non-copyright-infringing manner) for friends/guilds. Random mini-games and/or board game to just hang out together.

- - -

By the way, non combat leveling activities could be neat. Take a note from the commerce system in Mabinogi, or the varying skill levels in Runescape. Something to spend our time working on that isn't necessarily leveling up our character (or just grinding a unique currency).

Sure we can dating sim our assistants in the housing system, and our professions levels up separately too, but they're a bit bland at the moment with their limited crafts/activity variety.

Perhaps a commission-esque system like in most mobages (or like in Mabinogi's "Alban Knights Baltane Special Unit" system) where you can send out a squad to get useful resources of sorts over time (like getting potions for your character, or gear to improve your squad), instead of just the assistant where they just craft an item. Some people probably have a still questionable attitude towards timer activities but it'd be a nice aside to check on casually.
    SylphaelBND
  • FantasykittenFantasykitten
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,525
    i looked over some of the tropy's for the mini games. an the last tir of them is just insane.

take the dance dance stop one. the last tir regure you to WIN 5000 TIMES! not just partake but WIN.
    thats is just redicules insane. it whould take a Minimum of 5000 hoursto complete. an thats just insane. an thats if you don't counts in sleep an that you get the same mini game evry hour an thasts if you WIN it too.

an thats just one of them. the last tir of partake in spring beach needs you to do so 10.000times

like all of this is just insane.
    SubglaciousDanDK
  • ShinoZukaShinoZuka
    When you purchase auto fishing is there a way to see how much time is left ? I would like to know that before I purchase an extension. I think this would be nice for anything that you pay for AFK skills. Also , for fishing it seems like it takes a long time to level up when I am in Beginner IV. I have been AFK fishing at least 40 minutes and it is 12 / 80. I am in Fairy Tree Lake.
  • ShinoZukaShinoZuka
    ShinoZuka wrote: »
    When you purchase auto fishing is there a way to see how much time is left ? I would like to know that before I purchase an extension. I think this would be nice for anything that you pay for AFK skills. Also , for fishing it seems like it takes a long time to level up when I am in Beginner IV. I have been AFK fishing at least 40 minutes and it is 12 / 80. I am in Fairy Tree Lake.

Ok About 5 minutes later I saw the icon that shows how much time is left for Auto-Fishing. D'Oh. That fixes that problem. lol
  • mmviimmvii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,990
    I like the level 50 dailies, music playing for exp, and fishing is ok but didn't really use it yet. Playing music seems to be a nice way to finish a level when the main quest gaps you now (I used auto music to go from 48-50 with no problems). If I level/finish another alt i'll def be using music instead of grinding or hunting exploration goals cause its faster and easier.
  • InuNoTaishoInuNoTaisho
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,085
    The mini games are really fun, but please let people on "1" aka single squares in dance dance stop defend their square. People keep trolling others and purposely making them loose by standing on their single square, and it isn't fun
    Kinla
  • TylerTheDragonTylerTheDragon
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,525
    i looked over some of the tropy's for the mini games. an the last tir of them is just insane.

take the dance dance stop one. the last tir regure you to WIN 5000 TIMES! not just partake but WIN.
    thats is just redicules insane. it whould take a Minimum of 5000 hoursto complete. an thats just insane. an thats if you don't counts in sleep an that you get the same mini game evry hour an thasts if you WIN it too.

an thats just one of them. the last tir of partake in spring beach needs you to do so 10.000times

It's an MMO. They're not asking you to complete these trophies in 2 weeks in the full release of the game, they expect you to take months on this trophies, if not a year or two. A better suggestion would be to make trophies like that account-tied instead of character-tied, meaning I don't have to win 5,000 dance dance stop games on individual accounts and instead just have to win 5,000 matches overall. This would limit the amount of personal trophies but also make it more enjoyable to obtain, though obviously I don't mind either way.
    Kinla
  • pholtospholtos
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,225
    Filora wrote: »
    If you lose a minigame you should be able to leave. Sucks, that I have to stay until it ends.

You can leave, hit escape, it's the top option.
  • FantasykittenFantasykitten
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,525

It's an MMO. They're not asking you to complete these trophies in 2 weeks in the full release of the game, they expect you to take months on this trophies, if not a year or two. A better suggestion would be to make trophies like that account-tied instead of character-tied, meaning I don't have to win 5,000 dance dance stop games on individual accounts and instead just have to win 5,000 matches overall. This would limit the amount of personal trophies but also make it more enjoyable to obtain, though obviously I don't mind either way.

i don't think you understand just how insane it is....there are 8760 hours a year...an you can only do 1 minigame an hour.
    there a multiple minigames. just doing the spring beach one who regure you to partake 10.000 times it whould literally take over a year to do. an if you count in that people need to sleep. some need to work. the fact that its random what minigame comes up.

so no it whould take much much longer then a year or two to do just one of them....let alone doing all of them...an some of them reguire you to win!.. not just partake.

an this is not even going into the the part that after the first 1000 times..people might start getting sick of doing the minigames.
    but what do one get spending potential decades grinding thise tropy's ?
    is it a mounts? Nooooo...a dye? nope....a cool item...nope nada zero....you get a boring damm title..

So tell me how is this not insane ?

Subglacious
  • ImberisImberis
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 410
    ThijsB wrote: »
    ThijsB wrote: »
    Great addition to the game!

I just played Spring Beach with tons of other people. But it was impossible to play because of the many players with nametags. You couldnt see any blocks moving. So 95% of the players were kicked out in the first round. Maybe you can make the players transparent

Also, if you lose this minigame, you can't leave the area until the game is finished. You can leave other minigames if you lose.

Yes, this truly annoys me, especially if I lose in the first round! Then you just have to sit there and wait for the game to finish.

Otherwise, I'm really enjoying the side activities. I like the mini-games, and I'm having fun finding all of the exploration goals. My one gripe with those is the "sit for five minutes" ones. That's kind of excessive, and it feels pointless. Maybe tune it down to two minutes?
  • VerloVerlo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,000
    please remove mount cast time. it really hinders the flow of movement/gameplay. why do air mounts have no cast time buy ground mounts do? please remove. thank you kindly!
    Kinla
This discussion has been closed.