Please read this notice regarding the Crystal Ore shop >> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45351/regarding-the-crystal-ore-shop
Closed

[Feedback] Character Customization

Comments

• NavokiNavoki
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,010
    I liked the customization currently available, i thought it was very nice how you could shorten/extend certain parts of your hair or change size an positioning of certain hats.

As ever though my desire would be for Moar! Can never have enough options for clothing, facial features an hair styles.

Character customization through hair an facial options are my biggest want in mmos so we can have that "unique" likeness.

The only other thing is the transparency badge, normally most mmos give the option to hide unwanted appearance items such as helmets already, but here we have to pay 1,450 merets even if we only want to get rid of one item.

For me it was the capes, as a berserker most capes or back accessories clipped into the sword an paying 1450 to hide that seemed a bit ridiculous.
  • StarkusStarkus
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,770
    With the customization, I enjoy it very much. I like the idea of getting random colors of whatever gear I pick up, or obtain.
    I like how in order to change the color of the equipment you own, you can use 10k mesos for each piece of gear, or 20k mesos for hair dye or eye color changes.
    As much as I like this, the bad news is, I dislike how in this future release, the dyeing option will change to merits.
    I find this to be very unfair, especially someone who played in the Korean server, and to still play in it only to pass the agonizing time.
    The average price to change the color of gear in merits in KMS2 is 150 merits, and say a player wants to change the color of a full 6 piece set of gear,
    that totals to 900 merits, and that is literally $10 just to change the colors of gear. (I forgot the prices to change color of hair and eyes)
    Overall, I feel it is best for players to be able to use their mesos for dyeing, and using their merits for costmetics only in the merit shop, to change hair styles, face, and skin tones. It's just a waste to use $10 or less just for color changes in general.
    SnackCakesAlexmoLessDown
  • VixieVixie
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,400
    Starkus wrote: »
    With the customization, I enjoy it very much. I like the idea of getting random colors of whatever gear I pick up, or obtain.
    I like how in order to change the color of the equipment you own, you can use 10k mesos for each piece of gear, or 20k mesos for hair dye or eye color changes.
    As much as I like this, the bad news is, I dislike how in this future release, the dyeing option will change to merits.
    I find this to be very unfair, especially someone who played in the Korean server, and to still play in it only to pass the agonizing time.
    The average price to change the color of gear in merits in KMS2 is 150 merits, and say a player wants to change the color of a full 6 piece set of gear,
    that totals to 900 merits, and that is literally $10 just to change the colors of gear. (I forgot the prices to change color of hair and eyes)
    Overall, I feel it is best for players to be able to use their mesos for dyeing, and using their merits for costmetics only in the merit shop, to change hair styles, face, and skin tones. It's just a waste to use $10 or less just for color changes in general.

I don't play on Korean servers, but isn't our meret pricing different than theirs? Their 150 merets could be 50 merets in our version. But also, how do you know coloring will change to merets and not stay like it was in cbt2? Do Koreans even have same presets as we do? To my knowledge, both cms2 and kms2 use colorwheels, and I haven't seen any info stating dying will cost merets on full release.
  • StarkusStarkus
    edited 10:17PM August 5, 2018
    Vixie wrote: »
    Starkus wrote: »

I don't play on Korean servers, but isn't our meret pricing different than theirs? Their 150 merets could be 50 merets in our version. But also, how do you know coloring will change to merets and not stay like it was in cbt2? Do Koreans even have same presets as we do? To my knowledge, both cms2 and kms2 use colorwheels, and I haven't seen any info stating dying will cost merets on full release.

• lppulppu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,555
    Okay so I get the achievements for unlocking cool hairstyle colors. It's fun for content's sake to be able to unlock the color combinations one at a time. But I HATE most of the colors/color combination choices we have.

SO I have a couple of alternate ideas:

1. Make the color wheel a one time use meret item you can buy.
    2. Add color wheel as a perk to premium membership.

People who don't have meret or dont want to spend meret can still get interesting colors via the achievements, and people have meret or who care about their customization more than others can buy the color wheel/membership. I feel like it's a win-win for people who actually liked the challenge of unlocking certain colors and people who want the color wheel back.

0cfc26c0b502379060cead32339d638e.png
    VixieSnackCakesSeasiderLessDownMorningRegret
  • AruteeruAruteeru
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 845
    Not sure if anyone else posted, but some of us like to change costume stuff a bit, face accessories etc. I didn't test hair or other things, but I was changing my face features like, star tattoo, freckles etc. Even though I buy one with the initial cost of 50 merets, to change it back costs another 50 merets.

I really think that if I buy a feature, that it should be mine and capable of changing to and from freely, or atleast at a mesos fee, not continue with a meret fee, which is the cash shop currency.
    SnackCakes
  • StarkusStarkus
    edited 6:48PM August 6, 2018
    Another thing I want to be implimented which isn't in the Korean server, is helmet costumes that have a visor, being able to toggle if you want the visor to cover your face permenantly, or switch it to the helmets visor stays up, and covers the characters face when in combat.

Visor up option
    SiXhwss.jpg
    Visor down option
    qhg4arS.jpg
    HVuniBw.png

lppuLessDown
  • FlatflyerFlatflyer
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 430
    I think allowing us to change the pitch of our characters voices would be a great feature to allow us to make our characters voice just a tad bit more "personalized"

either that or just offering alternative voices, as sometimes the personality of the voices and the look of the character themselves doesn't really match up imo
    SeasiderLessDown
  • MoonkittiMoonkitti
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,255
    Like I said last time, please allow us to change hair accessory color, all the short/pulled back hairs for girls come with accessories, and they're hard to match outfits around.
  • LoonaLoona
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 420
    I understand that males and females have different models so it wouldn't be possible to allow males to wear female clothing and vice versa. However I think they should create a model for each gender for every outfit as there were lots of male outfits I wanted to wear as a female, and I'm sure a lot of males wanted to wear some female clothing too. :)
  • al4nw31al4nw31
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 220
    edited 5:13PM August 7, 2018
    It's not intuitive which hairs can be modified in which ways... When you're hovering over a movable component it should indicate on the mouse, and when you can use the scroll wheel to lengthen or shorten hair, it should indicate something too.

Also, it should have a small icon in the corner in the selection screen showing which hairs have movable objects or can be shortened/lengthened.
  • ShángSháng
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,555
    Forum Moderator
    Regarding customization I am very happy with it but I couldn't help but notice that the color wheel is missing from GMS2.
    Any plans for that in the future?

The achievement colors are pretty neat and dye color changes being mesos is also a plus.

- Shang
    Vixie
  • AlzackAlzack
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,745
    I exhausted daily love for walls of text already so I'll try making it short this time. Character models look very appealing and customization options are vast enough to create someone unique to fit my style. I'm sure that facial hair may add some flavor to male's personalisation so I'd like to ask dev team to consider incorporating variety of beards, moustaches, goatees or even sideburns as feature for character creation screen in the future (the ones shown in Meret Market didn't look good to me). Possibility to adjust color of eyebrows, each eye pupil separately (and facial hair if you decide to implement it) would be also more than welcome.

What else to consider?
    • color wheel and true color palette
    • no RNG practice with character customization
    • faceset template with nose patterns
    • earrings template for one ear
    • options to hide Main-Hand Weapon as well as Off-Hand Weapon, both added separately to Transparency Badge
    • ability to choose voice acting between Korean and English language
    • more unisex and no gender-locked hairstyles
    • some clothes available to purchase with mesos
    • more hairstyles with ponytail
  • ManoMano
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 420
    edited 11:53AM August 8, 2018
    Customizable stances/animations would be nice; I'm kind of turned away from having a girl character because of how over-the-top dainty/cutesy the idle animation is. Not to say it's bad, there are certainly people who like it, I just personally want to make a female character who has a normal standing animation, maybe have the standing animations interchangeable in the character creation screen? I don't think the players would oppose it if you added more personalized idle animations in the merit shop, it would give the playerbase a bit more variety in making their characters their own (like idk, a sinister stance, regal stance, twitching/crazy stance, drowsy stance, sassy stance, etc. ).

On a seperate note, it would be nice if mouths were customizeable seperately from the eyes. I really like some of the eye designs on the faces but im not as big a fan of the mouths that come with them.
    MeowrenVixie
  • KoniiKonii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 985
    Voice customization is something I would love to see. Maybe every voice actor could do every class specific line and we could choose the best one for our character.
    AnOldGeezer
  • OshianOshian
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 310
    Add more unique looking templates for customization. Like seriously for heavy gunner is just a long rectangle
    Vixie
  • OshianOshian
    I typed a long essay but it didn't save and only put the first sentence I typed
  • OshianOshian
    edited 7:40AM August 9, 2018
    Idea: could you all remove the pay wall for the transparent medal? just turn it into a level 50 quest. better yet turn it into a life skill tutorial upon reaching level 50. An NPC gives you the transparent medal then tells you to hide 3 things,boom quest complete. Reward is that you got your transparent medal and the showed you how it works.
  • LessDownLessDown
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 450
    If we can change ALL costume colors it will be better and we will have more options of different customizations, hope this came to official :D
    Vixie
  • deidaraheideidarahei
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 930
    please allow longer names (for composed ones)
This discussion has been closed.