Please read this notice regarding the Crystal Ore shop >> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45351/regarding-the-crystal-ore-shop
Closed

[Feedback] Character Customization

Comments

• VPencilVPencil
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 670
    I've played every single job class in the CBT, so I can confidently say that only the Thief, Assassin, and Wizard get any love when it comes to personalized armor. Meanwhile, Priests largely piggy-back off of the Wizard, even though they're robes and helmets are meant to look different, and then the rest of the jobs get sacked with rather lame equipment. (Except for higher level gunner headgear, that's pretty cool.) The Beserker looks utterly ridiculous in that headgear--I wanted so badly to take it off, and I ended up buying the oversized winged helmet from the market in order to make my Beserker look kinda like a true Beserker. Is it so hard to at least give every class their own default armor? For example, the gunner and the archer should not both have the <woodland> line. It doesn't suit the gunner at all!

Not considering the merit market for a minute, there should be some chances of dropping costume items from dungeons (because TWENTY pieces for a single helmet is ridiculous, at least make it five or ten) so that there's more incentive to grind dungeons over and over again. At the very least, let me hide my armor (i.e. that ridiculous headwear that covers up my hairstyle) so I can have my character looking decent.

And on the subject of hair, why, why, are there so many pigtail type options, and not a single, normal ponytail? Why do I have to pay for that? Not every female hairstyle as got to be bouncy and looking like it was made for a five year old. It's honestly irritating. More short hair options would be nice too, because I coveted the TWO I was given, and one of them really wasn't that appealing to me. (More stuff like the spiky hair, please.) And actually, come to think of it, there weren't many good hair-down long hair styles either. For cooler and more unique hairstyles, I don't mind the salon--just make it worth my while. I want a lot of options. Many options. Options that I have the opportunity to show off and not be hid beneath my helmet, to re-iterate.

As for the merit market, is it too much to ask for my female character to have some nice shorts or pants, because let me tell you, I'm not digging the thousand-and-one mini-skirt options. Not for a giant-sworld wielding beserker, and not for my edgy assassin. It makes no sense, and it's irritating. I understand the genderlock, since the male and female characters have different models, but shorts and pants are nice too, you know.

I have little problem with the face expressions, although I would ask that the heterochromia eyes be an option that's added into any expression, especially since the expression that has them is sad. It's depressing.
    deidaraheiMano
  • SnackCakesSnackCakes
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,095
    Please allow us to turn our gear into an outfit piece! There are some really cute things from dungeons that I would love to wear all the time, but since it has a level tied to it you'll eventually outgrow it. The slime earrings are calling my name but their stats stink as a level 50.
    deidaraheiAlexmoVixieFantasykittenAnOldGeezerCavalier
  • ImutoneImutone
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,120
    Requesting actual curly hair options and not wavy with a curly label. Being able to mix eyes and mouths would be nice. I can't tell you how many times I hated the mouth on an eye style that I liked or vice visa.
    deidaraheiVixieSnackCakes
  • PixidosePixidose
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 645
    Maybe if you guys could bring the idea of hiding/ visor head gear, hide weapons or cape, that would be great. Sure having the standard beginners outfit with no cash shop item, was designed to be plain in other for people to spend money on the game but it shouldn't change the fact that without fail, loyal gamer will always buy from the cash shop. Don't think of it as losing profit, think of it as doing us a favor.

I love the amount of customization in this game, and surely you guys will bring more in the future. I have to say through although is an interesting feature that we are able to unlock stuff through achievements, some in which seem slightly inconvenient.

There was this coral hair colour I really liked but in other to unlock it I had to change my face paint, so I had to basically spend money on something I didn't want just to unlock it and then change it back to what I had right from the beginning. In the close beta it may be nothing because we get merits for free but when the game releases, sacrifices will be made.
    VixieSnackCakes
  • bluEv3bluEv3
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 440
    To be honest, Maplestory 2 lacks in various categories compared to MS1. Customization looks like there are a lot of options to choose from, but in fact lacks in varieties and have many limitation in designs. Class based gears are terrible and dull in design, like it was done purposely to make players spend merits to buy designers' clothing. Limited to only available templates, no free-form design. Hairstyles and facial features are also limited in quantity and accessibility. Why not have options like in MS1, buy a haircut ticket (of choice or random) and not overprice to get a specific hair.
    deidaraheiVixieSnackCakes
  • DrinkTeaDrinkTea
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 910
    edited 11:39PM August 2, 2018
    Overall really nice f2p selection for character creation, although I feel it should be widened a bit more; however, that's just personal preference. Simple head/face gear should definitely be a feature in the game and not locked behind a paywall badge. As for costumes, I feel the f2p variety is extremely filtered. I imagine being able to purchase costumes through the black market in full release, but MMO's should allow for these costumes to be earned by the f2p community directly instead of a direct monopoly from the paying community. I understand that it's all accessories and unnecessary to succeed in the game, but considering the art and many social aspects of the game, it seems very, well, cruel. Possibly locking f2p accessories/costumes through events or creating more "attractive" costumes obtainable through dungeons could definitely increase the incentives and overall activity in the PvE and game in general.

EDIT: HOW DID I FORGET? ADD BEARDS AND MUSTACHES GOD DAMNIT NEXON. Thanks boo <3
    SnackCakes
  • deidaraheideidarahei
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 930
    add mustaches
  • VerloVerlo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,000
    edited 4:57AM August 2, 2018
    I would like to really like to see unlocked dyes be ACCOUNT-BOUND please.

I would greatly appreciate if u adopt the GW2 system.

8810c3e6b3fea18d.jpg

or even the ESO dye system

https://forum.playboundless.com/uploads/default/_optimized/e08/1fc/b8a3c5b31d_690x388.jpg
    HigashiKazeAlways_Hid
  • MeowrenMeowren
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,785
    29ku9lg.jpg

I really like this hairstyle, but it wasn't available in either of the closed beta tests! I was wondering if this was indicative that this hairstyle will be patched in in the future after the release? Or will more hairstyles such as this one be available when the game comes out fully?
    SnackCakes
  • YzuuYzuu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 340
    Character creation screen made me really happy. Nice and simple, with lots of adorable customization options. I think for a game with more simple graphics, it is very well designed. One small problem I did have was scrolling to re-size and also right-clicking to adjust the hair. It was really glitchy for me and same as for my friend. In my opinion, I don't even think that's necessary. While the concept makes it seem "cool", I think that's just trying to be too overly fancy. The side panel that lets you adjust size and positioning and everything else were pretty straight forward and was all I needed design my character.
  • Always_HidAlways_Hid
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 9,900
    i love the customization options but:

1) i really think you should remove the gender lock. i mean, hairstyles have no gender to begin with? ladies can have short hair and gents can have long ponytails so i don't see the reason for having them gender locked at all. same with outfits and faces (although i know the character models are a bit different so outfits may not be doable right now, it would still be nice to have this option)

2) i mentioned this in my meret shop feedback but i'll repeat it here. it is WAY too expensive for the "random" special hairstyles. since we can't choose, it should be less expensive than the regular hair change cost, right? i think it's ok if you want a "premium" hairstyle thing in game, (i get it, i too would spend extra money for sparkles around my head), but the fact that it's left up to rng is weird.

3) i feel like we should be able to recolor all our gear, but there seem to be a few things that we can't.

4) i wish there was a way to keep the look of certain gear so we could use it as part of an outfit, regardless of level. some pieces are neat and i really liked them, but of course, as soon as you out level them they're useless. maybe have an npc who for a a certain amount of mesos can turn a piece of regular gear into a cosmetic piece of gear? just a thought.

5) UGC is FUN to play around with (i'm a noob, but i still liked it). but i wish there were a few more templates. i wanted to make a gun for my HG but the boxy template looked too odd when i saw it in game.

6) i feel like the fun cosmetic gear and weapons from dungeons maybe need a higher drop rate? and please add some from quests and drops from mobs as well, so that people who can't/dont want to buy merets can still have fun things in game.

7)please add more accessories (like the black thick rimmed glasses from cbt1) to the shop, because they can really change up a character.

i really really enjoyed the customization in game, thank you!
    nEwBVnH.gif
    SnackCakesHigashiKazeMano
  • xCarnifexxCarnifex
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 440
    Premium hairstyle cost TOO much, you need more FREE (not merets dependent) customization.
    SnackCakesFantasykitten
  • CharzeymaniaCharzeymania
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 210
    When creating a character I was simply amazed at first sight at all the hairstyle options and loved being able to move the ponytails around and adjusting the legth of the hair.
    I was then incredibly disappointed by the lack of customisation of everything else. I hated the faces, where eyes would be connected to mouths and expressions. In particular, I loved the idea of split coloured eyes since it would fit my character backstory (Berserker with a curse) but was highly upset at not being able to choose the colour of the other eye. Clothing choice was basic which was understandable I suppose.

As previously posted many times, being able to hide headgear would be an amazing addition to the game.
    In addition to that, I'd like to say that the Beauty Tickers are simply way too expensive to collect 15 of. I understand that you get one for every time you randomise your hairstyle and choose NOT to take the new hairstyle. It makes each ticket worth an insane 590 blue currency and as such extremely expensive. I'd say as a player, 5 Hairstyle vouchers should be enough to pick a special hairstyle if the price stays the same. I had to random my hairstyle 8 times before I happened to get the one I wanted, and in those 8 times, 4 of them were the same hairstyle. I was only able to afford it due to the free 1000 daily blue currency.

tl;dr, Make Eyes and Face more customisable, make random haircuts either cheaper or for the tickets required for picking a special haircut cheaper.
    SnackCakes
  • HigashiKazeHigashiKaze
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 540
    I would like the ability to dye multiple parts of hairstyles and equipment. For hairstyles I think you should be able to change the color of both the hair and any ornaments or accessories such as ribbons that are a part of the hairstyle.

For equipment, multiple parts of the item should be able to have its color scheme dyed. For example a sword could have its blade, crossguard, ornaments, and grip colors dyed separately.

Also as many have mentioned, a color wheel/spectrum for color customization would be nice.
    SnackCakesCelynHooWaku
  • KatsKats
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,415
    edited 6:09PM August 2, 2018
    VPencil wrote: »
    Not considering the merit market for a minute, there should be some chances of dropping costume items from dungeons (because TWENTY pieces for a single helmet is ridiculous, at least make it five or ten) so that there's more incentive to grind dungeons over and over again. At the very least, let me hide my armor (i.e. that ridiculous headwear that covers up my hairstyle) so I can have my character looking decent.

There's a chance to drop the completed costume in the dungeons.
    There's a transparency badge that lets you hide everything except weapons in the meret store, I know you said "not considering the meret market".
    If I recall correctly it cost 1450 Merets, for a permanent item that lets you hide whatever you want, whenever you want.

#Worth
    Vixie
  • javon113javon113
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 100
    The adding of a 3D world to maple story is a great achievement. Back in the day when I was playing luna online, I always told people, "this is like, if maplestory, became 3D" well, my wish was granted. the amount of character customization is purely Pay to play at this point, mind you, I'm aware this was a closed beta, and things are subject to change.
    My interests were especially drawn to the ability to customize and create your own outfit override with templates. while a little complicated to comprehend at first, it's easy to get into. And I believe this feature should be free. perhaps make it so that 'non-meret' purchases of such a thing have an expiration date, while meret bought ones do not, level the field a little bit.

I get it though, I'm no stranger to buying NX for Fashion. Mabinogi's big on that, another one of nexon's top awesome games.

I also agree with some above, there should be an option to hide slot's in the characters wardrobe, Hat's arent everyone's favorite. and we should have the option to wear hats for the stat boosts, but also have an option to hide the cosmetic's of them.

All in all, if they manage to keep the overall feeling of maple story, a unique game, while still giving us a ton of features both free, and exclusive to people who pay real money without selling out and making the game another 'catch-all' for our wallets, that'd be nice.
  • ReisenlnabaReisenlnaba
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 310
    I don't know if this has been brought up, but I would appreciate a way to buy the other default/starter outfits, or have those outfits as templates.
    Vixie
  • OneMapleLeafOneMapleLeaf
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 400
    Most of the gear looks amazing, however I don't think that the headgear for wizards look up to par with the other classes.
  • VixieVixie
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,400
    I don't know if this has been brought up, but I would appreciate a way to buy the other default/starter outfits, or have those outfits as templates.
    I wanted to see what starter outfits are available in the store, so I'd be better equipped for release (green means it's available in store, yellow means it's in the store but only in a package)
    Starter_ms2.png
    I play CMS2 and there's no difference in their store. No clue about KMS2.
    SnackCakes
  • SeasiderSeasider
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,375
    I love the customisation so far! I'm excited too see what else we will get in the future, especially hairstyles and faces.
    The only two things I'd really want would be:
    > The same colour selection as kms2/cms2. I love how specific you can be. I think it would create a lot more variety among players and for me personally, there aren't certain shades of my favourite colours which is a bit of a bummer.
    > Reduce number of special hairstyle vouchers needed. If you're really unlucky you'd be looking at maybe 8k worth of merets for one hairstyle??? That's really crazy. Like someone else suggested, reducing that by 2/3 is a bit more reasonable qwq.
    Vixie
This discussion has been closed.