Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

[Feedback] Character Customization

Comments

• Majestic_AscendantMajestic_Ascendant
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 730
    Genderlocked Hairstyles are stupid, plus some hair styles have locked colors that you can't change. That really messes up your color scheme when your doing cosmetic customization. Another thing is hair colors and special styles. Special hair styles are waayyyy too expensive. If your gonna make them that expensive then make the required chic style vouchers to chose your wanted style down to 2 or 4 maybe 5. Otherwise its just a cash grab and really ruins the fun of making a cool character. I know company's need money to keep going and earn money but this is just way too far. Also hair colors should be customizable, I should be able to chose the color i'd like and the secondary color if I so wish. Not a bunch of limited styles which really messes up what id like to do. Its sad and also ruins the fun of customization.
    SnackCakesVixieBuizeIKhrisisdeidaraheiHigashiKazeWakuSonnenlicht
  • MelanthrielMelanthriel
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,130
    After further thinking, I think these would be nice/useful too:

- The ability to choose eyes/eyebrows/mouths independently of each other
    - More body types (Granted, this might be troublesome regarding equipment)
    - More plump lips that actually work with darker skintones
    - Letting all hairstyles be adjustable to some degree rather than a few that aren't
    VixieBuizeIdeidaraheiHigashiKazeWakuSonnenlicht
  • FrozareFrozare
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 600
    I agree with voice options. I wanted to make a silent/timid like wizard but the wizard's personality is the complete opposite so I just turned off voices. I'm fine with the female berserker cause that's how I imagined mine but I wish there were more personality types.
    SnackCakesBuizeIdeidaraheiHigashiKazeWakuSonnenlicht
  • LumithepandaLumithepanda
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 390
    Please consider letting us pick between multiple voices! I second what someone else in the thread said earlier - the wizard's "I CANT BREAK THIS" is very loud and startling, even with the volume turned down!; As a content creator, I had to turn off character voices because it was so jarring to myself and viewers. Please consider either changing that line, or allowing us to pick between multiple voices.
    BuizeI
  • AnOldGeezerAnOldGeezer
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,550
    Everyones height & body looks the same..
    I WANT TO BE THICCKER!! >: D
    VixieBuizeIdeidarahei
  • AlexmoAlexmo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,000

Tbh I doubt the game supports body morphing. So any feature that involves changing the player model probably won't happen.
  • RepromiseRepromise
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 500
    Alexmo wrote: »
    DanDK wrote: »
    Add option to not show headgear simple.

It's called Transparency Badge and currently costs 1,450 Merets in the shop.

Just looked at it and it's mega BS. Only one piece of gear? Even that removing head gear is somewhat of a standard feature in MMOs even Black Desert with it's $40 costumes has it.

This is quite a bit later but transparency badge isnt just for one equip, you can make as many pieces transparent as you'd like
  • AlexmoAlexmo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,000
    Repromise wrote: »
    DanDK wrote: »
    Add option to not show headgear simple.

It's called Transparency Badge and currently costs 1,450 Merets in the shop.

Just looked at it and it's mega BS. Only one piece of gear? Even that removing head gear is somewhat of a standard feature in MMOs even Black Desert with it's $40 costumes has it.

This is quite a bit later but transparency badge isnt just for one equip, you can make as many pieces transparent as you'd like

But at least having a hat remove with the badge being extra if you want more. Even that your paying 14 dollars for the ability to see nothing.
    AnOldGeezer
  • SylphaelSylphael
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 615
    Not sure whether I should put this in here or pet taming, but if it would be possible to have your pet desummon temporarily if you have one out while in the dye shop menu that would just make my day. I keep forgetting to desummon it and it runs around in front of my character keeping me from being able to see what I'm dyeing.
    Not a big deal and obviously very easy to just click out and desummon, but it would be nice.
    SnackCakesdeidarahei
  • AnOldGeezerAnOldGeezer
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,550

Tbh I doubt the game supports body morphing. So any feature that involves changing the player model probably won't happen.

im only half-joking, really

but from a few games iv seen, people have managed to create mods where your body portions are actually changed by modifying the skeleton with some coding magic of somekind.. not exactly sure on how it works tbh

Since it effects the skeleton, it should effect the costumes, aswell (although clipping issues will happen here & there @ certain values)

Either way im not really bothered; still a gr8 game ♥
  • KuphkeykKuphkeyk
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 950
    edited 5:21AM August 1, 2018
    This is my two cents from my BETA experience so far (what i comment on may or may not be in the official release):
    Issues:
    - The "Buckled Mustang Jacket (M)" hides the top half of the custom "Cape Template".
    - Can't color eyebrows... I have a yellow haired character with brown eyebrows -.-

Suggestions:
    - The custom templates for staff and scepters should have different shapes (sphere, ovals etc), having a cube really limits what the user can creatively do.
    - Long sword and Great sword templates could use hilts on them.
    - Custom template for shoes with different sock heights (low, medium, high etc)

What was good:
    - Good job on the Nexon team for cleaning up inappropriate content/customization, I haven't seen any inappropriate designs in my BETA experience . This is just a BETA and there are a limited number of players but we'll see how the Nexon team will be able to manage with more players.
    - I really liked the creativeness that came with customizable clothing.
    deidaraheiHigashiKazeWakuMano
  • SirBalatroSirBalatro
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 365
    It's nice to have unlockable colors instead of freely choosing (like in the Chinese version), but make the color combinations invertible pls!!! Most of the combinations look weird/dumb on hair because they have the main and highlight colors switched up. Please give us an option to invert these colors with each other. That's mostly it, the rest feels nice or was already mentioned. Thanks
    Always_Hid
  • hankiepixhankiepix
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,635
    1. Hopefully there are more customisation options on official release, also make hairstyles not gender specific please.
    2. I wouldn't like to rebuy every time i have to change my face/skin/hair.
    3. There has to be a way to have a wardrobe for character customisations so that I can change my looks faster.
    deidaraheiHigashiKazeWakuMano
  • kinglubukinglubu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 210
    Add more long hair cuts for male characters.
    deidarahei
  • CathcartCathcart
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 410
    Adding few more hairstyles, accesories and clothing at the beginning would be nice.
    deidarahei
  • KeitaecatKeitaecat
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,935
    I quite like the character customization we have in MS2, it's a lot more in-depth than other games I have played before! I also REALLY enjoy the fact that you can save hairstyles and change to it by spending 10 merets.

I would like to be able to buy the special hairstyles outright with merets though...It sucks going to Paulie and trying to get the hairstyle you want, but since it's random you either get lucky or fail 15 times to get the coupons to get the one you want from Lolly. Not only is it crazy expensive (about $4 per try and if you fail 15 times you spent roughly $60) but it's a huge waste of time and I'd rather buy a discounted coupon or something along those lines.

Also there is a bug with some hairstyles where if set the hairstyle to be shorter in length and wear some hats, it completely ignores the fact you adjusted the hair length and makes it long. It seems any hairstyle I want to use has this bug and it's frustrating to the point where I don't want to wear any hats that I like.
    deidarahei
  • ipreyiprey
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 100
    Add a tail slot please and lower the price for random hair styles or at least lets us keep the ones we rolled on. Everything else i love.
  • BribzyBribzy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 580
    I would really appreciate more models for texture customization. It was a really fun aspect, but only having a few options made for some pretty gross-looking Heavy-Gunner weapons and Greatswords.
    Vixiedeidarahei
  • TylerTheDragonTylerTheDragon
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,525
    I definitely agree that unlockable character customization options like colours should be account-bound instead of character-bound. It's really annoying to think about when I plan to make my account on North America and on Europe (I'm having one character for both), I don't want to do hard tasks with lag that I did on a previous character just so I can get the colour I want on both.

Please consider making this change, it would make a lot of inconvenient tasks more rewarding because I don't have to do them twice for something as menial as a colour to dye my characters clothes/hair.
    SnackCakesVixiedeidarahei
  • VinneVinne
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 780
    Changing your hair style trying to get the shiny ones are too expensive, i mean , its almost 5 dollars for a chance to get a haircut , and the compensation of letting people change it using TWENTY coupons dont seem attractive to , i would guess , no one (20x5= 100 Dollars, for a shiny haircut). While it was on 50% off it seemed to be the right price.
    SnackCakesdeidarahei
This discussion has been closed.