Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

[Feedback] Character Customization

Comments

• GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,705
    edited 12:55PM July 26, 2018
    prem items all of them need to be dyeable at the moment only certain ones can be dyed it would be nice if we could dye every part of the item too but yeah..

Almost forgot this game lacks variety of pants....I mostly see shorts on top of shorts then booty shorts............outfits may need some sliders so we can have 1 leg up pants or baggy pants etc.
    SnackCakesdeidaraheiHigashiKazeWaku
  • ShadepoopieShadepoopie
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 660
    Please make hair styles/faces that are 2-colored to be able choose both sides of colors you want and NOT just one side of color!
    For e.g. Dual Spirit Hair, Love-and-Peace Locks and eyes that are originally 2 separate colors.
    MelanthrielSnackCakesVixieTylerTheDragondeidaraheiHigashiKazeWaku
  • ExigaExiga
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,065
    I wish I could extend and move parts of EVERY hairstyle, not just a few of the first ones.
    Vixie
  • ZintackZintack
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,520
    edited 12:35PM July 27, 2018
    I went to buy another hair and since it gave me an option to change the length, I did. Now it's kind of upsetting me that certain hats [mainly ones that fully wrap the head- not headbands or horns] reset the length. If I wanted it that length I would of bought it at that length... it should NOT reset or change.

7dbcd267ebdbd2b56d0db74eaec7f8ad.gif?_ga=2.17981177.17577058.1531005085-1274285929.1529104028
    MelanthrielAlexmoVixieAnOldGeezerTylerTheDragondeidaraheiSonnenlicht
  • VaynthVaynth
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 620
    Rather than going into too much detail, here is a list of things that could be added in or improved

-Voice options
    -Races other than human- no game play perks
    -A color wheel (at least for skin tone?)
    -Allow facial hair accessories to be dyed (my friend ran into this issue with his blonde character)
    -More adjustment options for hair.. for example, I can't make a bangs longer here
    04c8760dc384660d4bd2d35276fae5d5.gif
    SnackCakesdokucityVixieBuizeIdeidarahei
  • CurrybunCurrybun
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 520
    I agree that more things should be dyeable, especially the popular items of animal tails and ears. On that note, I have an extremely sepcific suggestion/request that I would love dog ears and tail!
    SnackCakesdeidarahei
  • ConsciousConscious
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,235
    - more adjustment options for hair
    - adjustment options for eyes (how open/closed they are)
    - weight customization? mabinogi had this where eating changed your weight
    - voice options
    - more template options for item design
    - hair length/style to remain the same when equipping a hat
    - option to hide headgear
    - lower meret cost for customization in general
    - remove gender lock
    MelanthrielBuizeIdeidarahei
  • MelanthrielMelanthriel
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,130
    Another thing that came to mind just now: it'd be nice if all unlocked dyes/hairstyles/eyes/etc applied to the account rather than the character. I know that some of them are by account, but it'd be nicer if all of them were.
    SnackCakesAnthunydeidarahei
  • GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,705
    Conscious wrote: »
    - more adjustment options for hair
    - adjustment options for eyes (how open/closed they are)
    - weight customization? mabinogi had this where eating changed your weight
    - voice options
    - more template options for item design
    - hair length/style to remain the same when equipping a hat
    - option to hide headgear
    - lower meret cost for customization in general
    - remove gender lock

transparent badge hides gear helmet
    Another thing that came to mind just now: it'd be nice if all unlocked dyes/hairstyles/eyes/etc applied to the account rather than the character. I know that some of them are by account, but it'd be nicer if all of them were.

I wanted this too but business wise they'll lose money by doing this.
    BuizeI
  • SequinSequin
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 450
    edited 11:01AM July 28, 2018
    Jory wrote: »
    I think it might be valuable to add some options for character voices. I absolutely love how much personality each character has, but that same level of personality quickly became a deterrent for me. I can't play the Cleric because of how pompous and holier-than-thou their voice acting is, even though I normally am a support main.

Ways to remedy this:
    - Have current voice actors for each character also do lines specific to each other class, so that the overall personality can be carried over onto another character (this might not work well for the characters' storyline to have Magician's personality and voicelines during cleric's cutscenes, but defaults could easily be used for those and wouldn't need rerecorded)
    - Have current voice actors do a generic set of lines that would apply to each class and are a somewhat "muted" version of the personality they originally portrayed.
    - Have new voice actors come in an do a set of generic lines for selection upon character creation.
    - Allow players the opportunity to use the voice lines of another character without the use of illegal mods

I think players would appreciate the extra layer of customization and being able to have some say in the personality of their characters would make the game that much more immersive. Similar to hair colors and other cosmetics, voice acting could be unlocked through the trophies. Alternatively, I don't think players would be opposed to paying money for a pack of voice lines. I, personally, would pay a decent amount of money for that level of customization, but thats because I find the voice acting to play a major role in the level of immersion I experience.

100% agreed! And I like to see more "hipster", "boho" unisex hairstyles. And also... I like to see more smaller eyes (just little bit) or "Asian" eyes, African nose (wider nose which I love) and more on pouty lips for darker skin! ;) Now I'd love to add extra layer on clothes / makeup such as freckles and eyeshadows at the same time. Or maybe should we design our own facial makeup? We could add the beauty spots, color of lipstick, different shape of brows, etc... :)
    Vixiedeidarahei
  • CapturedRayneCapturedRayne
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,810
    edited 2:55PM July 28, 2018
    The color wheel should really be introduced to the NA server. Having to hit the Arena or Event PVP 1000 times just to get the Pure Black dye really stinks, especially if you're playing a priest or something and you're really bad at PVP. At least make the achievements account bound instead of character bound and the achievements slightly more reasonable if you absolutely refuse to introduce the color wheel to this server. (E.g. Participate in the Arena 100 times instead of 1000)

I like that we can save the hairstyles we have so we can go back to them anytime, but allow us to change the hair using mesos instead of merits. If we have any saved, most likely we already spent merits to buy or rng the hairstyle, I think it's kind of stingy of you to make us pay another 10 cents just to swap hair again. Even in MS1, swapping to a saved hairstyle only costs mesos.

I mentioned it in the bug forums, but wearing a beanie/hat/helmet resets your hair length back to the game's default, which is a shame for people that prefer short hair.

I agree about allowing more voice options for each character that we could select during character creation. I would also like for the voices from other servers like the korean server to be added to the options menu under languages.

Edit:
    Also, the two toned dye attempts aren't very well applied and difficult to work with for a lot of the hairstyles. Almost all of them also make my head look neon and somewhat hard to look at.

We should be allowed to adjust the positions of the Studio Headphones from the design shop to wear them around the top or around the back of our heads. It makes sense headgear like the Bunny Ribbons are not dye-able, since other colors will probably be released eventually, but if the horns can be dyed, the Furry Kitty Ears and Bunny Headbands should also be dye-able.
    dokucityVixieBuizeITylerTheDragonSnackCakesdeidaraheiHigashiKazeWaku
  • JoystickJungJoystickJung
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 585
    - Hide Headgear
    - Lips / Eyes should be separate
    - Heterochromia options need to be expanded upon
    - Stop gendering hairstyles. There are not enough short hair options for girls.
    - Ear cosmetics need to be expanded upon
    - Shoe options are abyssmal
    - Jewelry should be expanded upon
    - Stop gender locking mostly everything honestly
    MelanthrielLoreatusVixieBuizeISnackCakesdeidaraheiHigashiKazeWaku
  • TabrizTabriz
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 440
    I like the variety of haristyles and faces but i would love to have an option to change the body types, some npc looks very cool and so different from our characters.
    MelanthrielVixiedeidaraheiDarnHyena
  • AkiyusaAkiyusa
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 600
    I'd recommend decreasing the amount of chic tickets needed for a specific hair style and color. As it stands, it's far too costly when you're extremely unlikely to randomly get the one you need. Gender locked stuff isn't a great choice, either.
    VixieBuizeISnackCakesdeidaraheiSonnenlicht
  • NattteNattte
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,270
    i would prefer to not have gender locks on hairstyles as it was very hard to make a trap in this cbt
    VixieBuizeISnackCakesdeidarahei
  • dokucitydokucity
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 350
    character customization is nice but we should have more freedom for colors. those mixed colors can be unlock able but we need color wheels. someone else said this but players who don't buy merets all look similar.
    VixieBuizeIdeidarahei
  • dokucitydokucity
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 350
    this might be a stretch but add an option to be animals? NPCs can be animals so why can't we be animals? if this idea messes up the story or something then scratch this idea. it would be cool if i could be a deer berserker or something.
    BuizeIdeidarahei
  • BudubuBudubu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,090
    I really miss the old color picker for choosing colors.
    VixieBuizeI
  • AlexmoAlexmo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,000
    One request I constantly see is no genderlock on outfits but the problem with said request is males and females use different models so all the outfits would need to be remade which is highly unreasonable. I think un-gender locked hair styles are possible though due to the head being similar.
    SnackCakesVixiedeidaraheiSonnenlicht
  • DennaDenna
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 470
    Make the hair vouchers more accessible, i opened a lot of chests and only got one voucher or could have a quest that gives one try like in ms1, it's hard to spend mesos each hair try.
    SnackCakesdeidarahei
This discussion has been closed.