Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

[Feedback] Character Customization

Comments

• MelanthrielMelanthriel
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,130
    Would still really like to be able to choose both colours for things (such as hair and faces) that use two (i.e like the heterochromic eyes)?????? Also, yes, genderlock is quite...annoying.
    BrosephineVixieFantasykittenLucisCurrybundokucitySnackCakesdeidaraheiGaslegsSeasiderand 1 other.
  • SoyboySoyboy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 640
    Two points:

Firstly, more customisation options will always be appreciated. More voices, more outfits, more skin tones, more hairstyles, haircolours, etc. It's really awesome to unlock these things through trophies and stuff too.

Secondly, can you please consider reducing the amount of Chic hairstyle coupons needed from 15 down to 5? It's 550 merets for each chance, which means to get 5 coupons you need to spend $25. If you don't get the hairstyle you want as it is with 15 coupons, it can take up to $75... That's reaaallly bad.

I understand money is needed to keep the game running but you're going to scare people away. You want us to feel good - like we're getting value when we spend. As it is, the way the random hairstyles work is making me feel less inclined to spend money on it. Isn't that counter intuitive? Please make these kinds of adjustments and don't make the same mistake as Maplestory 1.
    VixieNaughtylogBrosephineVaynthTheChaosLegendDyaukiipreySnackCakesHasorideidaraheiand 4 others.
  • CrystalSandCrystalSand
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 520
    I would like to say that love the customization option and I'm completely excited for it!

Hoping for more templates or the option to edit them. Not sure on the actuality of this but it would be wonderful. Really want tails, top of the head ears (like the currently cat ears), ect. I am not sure if this needs to be here or another section. Would also like to see the option to recolor premium items (maybe custom?).
    Anthunydeidarahei
  • stiffliquidstiffliquid
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 100
    Idk if this counts as character customization but, with the Thief that I'm playing currently, I can't seem to equip both daggers with just the right click, instead I have to click and drag it to my second weapon slot
  • VixieVixie
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,400
    I would like to say that love the customization option and I'm completely excited for it!

Hoping for more templates or the option to edit them. Not sure on the actuality of this but it would be wonderful. Really want tails, top of the head ears (like the currently cat ears), ect. I am not sure if this needs to be here or another section. Would also like to see the option to recolor premium items (maybe custom?).

Most items in the premium store (premium, not UGC) are dyeable from what I've seen. There's even an option to show dyeable area, which colors all dyeable spots in fuchsia. Then you go to Dye Workshop and you choose whatever color you have unlocked (again, I miss color wheel sooo much) and you pay like 10k or 20k mesos for each thing.
  • AkumaeAkumae
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 655
    edited 4:02AM July 21, 2018
    I would love if the three current blushes—and any ones added in the future—in the Beauty Salon's face cosmetics were color-customizable, so that they don't look so out of place on varying skin tones, and instead look more realistic and human when complimentary to the tone.

taK2AlK.png
    i4vghc0.png
    VixieautobannedVaynthCapturedRaynedokucitydeidaraheiGaslegs
  • FantasykittenFantasykitten
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,515
    as others said once you buy a style you should have that style for alltime. an not have to pay to swap to it agien...so any options you buy should be a one-time purchese

for eyes i whould love if all eye options had the ability to set individual eye color.. i know there are a few options that have bi colourd eyes, an even then if i remember right it only changes the color of one of the eye's..i whould like to see this option for all eyes please <3
    NaughtylogLucionVixiedeidaraheiHigashiKazeGaslegsWakuSonnenlicht
  • NaughtylogNaughtylog
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 790
    Should also allow the vouchers to be account bound instead of character bound.
    VixieBrosephineAkuma524deidarahei
  • KhrisisKhrisis
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,170
    I wish we had the color wheel like other servers do. With it you have infinite possibilities for colors but now we need to do annoying PvP achievement to even get proper black and we can't do double color hair or eyes just how we want in exactly the tones we want like we can do on KR and CN servers. Feels like a HUGE downgrade to me. While getting rewards for achievements is nice, losing a much better feature in exchange for this is a big disappointment.

Of course new hairstyles also seem to be mainly RNG (judging by what I've seen on CN server, I see no reason why Nexon wouldn't put almost every new style into the "Special Hairstyles" NPC on global) and one try costs 5,90 euros which is even more expensive than it was in MS1. So you have 1 in 10 chance (and at least on CN server it's 1 in 14 chance) to get the style you want. 15 tickets to get the hair you want is 88,50 euros so it seems like they're meant to be luxury for only the very few who can afford getting the styles they like or the ones blessed by RNGesus.

You more often than not end up not getting the hair you liked so you're left unsatisfied and unsatisfied customers are more likely to leave. At least that was the experience I had in MS1 the few times I spent some money on royal hair coupons, spend money and end up with nothing to show for it. Unfortunately businesses want money and what better way to get money than to make people spend it on RNG with the hopes that maybe on the next try you will get what you wanted. Dirty tactics certainly, but if they didn't work then every game wouldn't be using them. If we were able to purchase the new style we wanted at anytime for the 3,30-5,30 euros (prices at the regular hairstylist) rather than spend 5,90-88,50 euros for one style, Nexon would be making a lot less money.

Like other person suggested 5 tickets would be a bit more agreeable than 15 for a hairstyle of your choosing. Though even then it's 29,50 euros for one style if you aren't lucky, ouch.
    VixieBrosephineAkuma524CapturedRayneHigashiKazeGaslegsWaku
  • zoks14zoks14
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 770
    I love the fact the the hair can be customized but there is one problem with it. If i make my hair short i expect it to stay short when hearing a hat. I hate the fact that when i wear the hat my hair gets long. That will need to be fixed.

Like everyone else said, 15 coupons is way to much! same with the random hair selector. I think the random hair should be like $5 per Roll and the Coupons be a total of $25. I do like the same feature though. If you do the random hair it gives you a chance to save it before re rolling.
    VixieBrosephineCapturedRaynedeidarahei
  • TamakiSakuraTamakiSakura
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 6,995
    Sir_Ashton wrote: »
    I didn't see any but add a ears or horns options via accessories? My wife wanted elf Ears and I didn't see any but I thought diffrent ears would be cool.

There are bunny and kitty ear headpieces in the meret shop (although your regular ears show too.)

I'd love to be able to hide my weapon and my helm at the same time.
  • autobannedautobanned
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 670
    Brosephine wrote: »
    I
    Genderlocked hairstyles: Why?

I second this thought. There's a female NPC with the exact hairstyle I want, but there's nothing remotely close to it in the female hairs. The closest hair to it is for male avatars only.
    eVKcGfH.jpg

I understand genderlocking the other things for rigging reasons, but I would still love to see no gender locking at all!
    VasavishaktiVixieGinShunodeidaraheilppu
  • SinishadowSinishadow
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,865
    Is there any chance that we could get this feature too? (Is about color customization)
    Here some pics:
    First Picture
    RQJ28wI.png
    Second Picture
    T4Mwg6s.png
    TunaPhishSexySnowmanRoseOfSharonNaughtylogVasavishaktiVixieAlexmoKai_ChuRaijuZJesterizerand 18 others.
  • VasavishaktiVasavishakti
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 610
    edited 8:30PM July 22, 2018
    A lot like everyone else, I would also suggest adding the color wheel for more customization. I suppose locking colors like the mixtures are fine since the trophies to acquire them are usually simple enough, like reaching a certain level.

My only complaint would have to be the hairs and eyes locked behind the EXP wall.

QiiVakS.jpg

I do appreciate that they cost mesos (at least during the CBT, might change on official release), but it's a bit of a steep curve, though I'd take that lightly as I just only reached level 50. But reaching 500M exp seems like a big mountain to climb, especially since rates are reduced. I understand they're free but I'm sure some players, including myself, wouldn't mind also paying for these eyes with Merets as well. Having them be symbols for prestige is nice and all, but it sorta goes down the drain if the person who has unlocked said hair/eyes doesn't even want to use them, regardless if they were unlocked through EXP.

EDIT

Sorry, should have checked this BEFORE posting. Dooy.

The exp you get is NOT nerfed by the prestige mechanic. If you get 5M exp and only something like 40K EXP for prestige, the trophies will count the entire 5M EXP. If you play regularly or casually, what I thought might be a months grind should probably be a few weeks. Though, my point still stands for the more casual players IMO. While I might grind it out and play for hours on end, players who can only dedicate a few hours at a time will have a substantial disadvantage if they want these unlockables.
  • HeireauHeireau
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 100
    i can't adjust the ponytail in the beauty salon
    ms2 just thinks I'm trying to move my character instead of detecting my mouse click on the ponytail properly
  • LucionLucion
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,370
    Currently my problems with character customization:

1) The disappearance cash shop item is way too much and we can’t hide things like hats for free. Too many of my items (especially capes) clip through my shield on my back. In other games, equiping a back accessory just covered your weapon/s on your back.

2) I can’t make hetero colored eyes the same color. I had to change my desired eye color to match whatever eye color didn’t change since I didn’t want the unnatural eyes look.

3) The voices. I dont know if its just me, but I give my ingame characters a personality and dress them up to be a certain personality. This time, I made my knight lowkey edgelord, but everyday he screams on about protecting the world and sunshine and happiness (TAT all I want is a nice calming voice not shounen protagonist optimism). I really wish you could customize voices, which allows people who want a certain archetype to be more immersed in the game. I really like the male archer’s voice :<<

4) I would like if we were allowed to mix and match mouths and eyebrows too. I would sometimes find certain eyes to be very nice, but not liking the expressions or the rest of the face.
    VixieNaughtylogAkuma524LucisCapturedRaynedokucityFrozaredeidaraheiHigashiKazeWaku
  • LucisLucis
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,060
    Some colors quests are way too hard for such low reward

Like that one that you have to swim 1000 km

The problem isn't the achievements itself but the fact the even after we do all that, we still have to pay merits to get the color

My suggestion would be to allow to buy to colors with merit(without achievement quest) and with quest + mesos

Otherwise, it's just way too painful to get this colors
    NaughtylogBrosephineVaynthCapturedRaynedeidaraheiKSib
  • LucisLucis
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,060
    I noted that there is a lack of short hairs on the female customization

and long hairs for males
    BrosephineautobannedCapturedRaynedeidarahei
  • KyowKyow
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 810
    Transparency badge for weapons would be cool i guess? imagine spinning without sword or whatever
    deidarahei
  • BatbloodxBatbloodx
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 545
    MommaT88 wrote: »
    I really like what's already there, but there are two things that I think need to be added.
    - Character voice selection. The female wizard voice, to me, is super annoying. Especially if I accidentally try to remove an empty block in furnishing and she screeches "I CAN'T BREAK THIS!" I would like to be able to pick something a little more calm.
    - Character posture/stance. My character looks like she's about to pee herself. Let me stand like a normal person please.

Both of these things, aside from removing something I find personally annoying, would add a nice bit of immersion for everyone playing, and add more character to the characters.

Adding: Also short hairstyles for girls! Like, pixie cut short, would be awesome.

I agree with everything said. I actually really love my beserker's voice, because I love how she's cute and bada** at the same time, but that's what I was going for so it suits what I wanted. My cleric, on the other hand... yeah, I'd like some different options, lol
    Lucisdeidarahei
This discussion has been closed.