Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

[Feedback] Level Progression

Comments

  • SumeSume
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
    Posts: 7
    Member
    i think leveling is a bit to slow.
    the mobs should give more exp. i like grinding and hunting mobs, but it was noch fun at all, cause they gave nothing ( 0,02 % at least for a mob with way to much hp :( )
    the storyline and the side quest were necessary to lvl up. with my first char i accepted every quest and fullfilled it. but with the 2 i just took the storyline and it made me stuck at some part of the game. that was so annoying to get some sidequest (low exp too) just to lvl up to progress in the game.

    but after all CBT2 was very funny and nice to play :)
  • AlexFromCaliAlexFromCali
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,470
    Posts: 205
    Member
    Humble wrote: »

    Right now, it feels like level 1-50 is just one huge tutorial stage that you have to complete before you get to play the actual game. Leveling still doesn't feel rewarding (due to only getting a single skill point) and item thresholds are so randomly thrown about that the only level in the game that actually feels significant is 50.

    Kind of like Runescape eh, i like it
    Humble wrote: »
    I personally feel that the leveling is too slow. I'm usually a player that enjoys making a lot of alternate characters and styling them out, but with how slow leveling/questing seems to be so far I'm not really satisfied with the experience. On top of that, side quest rewards seem to be really low for the time invested. I'd really appreciate quicker paced methods of leveling to get to the content I enjoy most.

    Perhaps slow leveling will make the game last longer, but throw in updates and improvements, as well as unique crafting and etc.


  • AlexFromCaliAlexFromCali
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,470
    Posts: 205
    Member
    Eternalx wrote: »
    Levelling is very grindy and awful right now. I remember trying to hit level 17 doing quests, side quests, events and still missing 50%. Had to grind the rest out. If anything, grinding should be left till late game, not levels 1-50 (where were are still learning about the game). Like what everyone else said, i think the 1-50 MAIN quest line exp should be reverted back to CBT1. I want to enjoy other classes, but by the time i get to 50 with my main, i'll feel like quitting.

    That could be how the economy is centered, lower level grinding and crafting.
  • KewkkyKewkky
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 6,235
    Posts: 511
    Member
    edited 4:52PM August 17, 2018
    Ajae wrote: »
    2. Im calling out those that wish for harder leveling, as many other kms2 experienced players have said and stated, the leveling curve after 60 or 70 in kms2 is insane, in which i want to say i myself, would not want to ever level alts, if both pre 50 and after 60 or 70 will be hell grinds, or time wasters. Which will then screw up the current weekly dungeon 30/30 system.

    See, that's where you messed up. We have an issue with the epic questline giving such egregious amounts of exp while all other sources continue giving poor-to-terrible exp, including world quests and monster farming. Why should I care about exploring what other things the game has to offer if I have a beeline to level 50, where all other content then becomes worthless? Why is it that walking two feet and talking to the NPC next to the one I just talked to give me more experience than a raid, or farming monsters for more than half an hour, or farming for a rare item so you can kill this one boss to finish this quest that's taken you half an hour to finish?

    Not only that, but balancing the exp given by other sources can also help in the lv65+ leveling grind. Saying that you want nothing to change and stay the same as in KMS2 is the same as saying you're happy with the rest of the game not being worth anyone's time and that you're also happy with the prospect of multiple years of grinding to hit max level. Reminder: the only reason why lv1-65 in KMS2 is so fast is ONLY because of the Epic Quest and other major questlines, not because the exp earned from every other source in the game is reasonable at all.
  • AjaeAjae
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,725
    Posts: 44
    Member
    edited 5:53AM August 18, 2018
    Kewkky wrote: »
    Ajae wrote: »
    2. Im calling out those that wish for harder leveling, as many other kms2 experienced players have said and stated, the leveling curve after 60 or 70 in kms2 is insane, in which i want to say i myself, would not want to ever level alts, if both pre 50 and after 60 or 70 will be hell grinds, or time wasters. Which will then screw up the current weekly dungeon 30/30 system.
    See, that's where you messed up. We have an issue with the epic questline giving such egregious amounts of exp while all other sources continue giving poor-to-terrible exp, including world quests and monster farming. Why should I care about exploring what other things the game has to offer if I have a beeline to level 50, where all other content then becomes worthless? Why is it that walking two feet and talking to the NPC next to the one I just talked to give me more experience than a raid, or farming monsters for more than half an hour, or farming for a rare item so you can kill this one boss to finish this quest that's taken you half an hour to finish?

    Not only that, but balancing the exp given by other sources can also help in the lv65+ leveling grind. Saying that you want nothing to change and stay the same as in KMS2 is the same as saying you're happy with the rest of the game not being worth anyone's time and that you're also happy with the prospect of multiple years of grinding to hit max level. Reminder: the only reason why lv1-65 in KMS2 is so fast is ONLY because of the Epic Quest and other major questlines, not because the exp earned from every other source in the game is reasonable at all.

    So 1. You DON'T have to beeline to 50 unless you plan on getting a first clear for dungeon/raid, and the content previously does no become worthless after hitting 50, do you think people will hunt all the trophies before 50? or after 50 where it should be faster and easier to clear dungeons if fair fight wasnt implemented into the game. Also in my paragraph i did state that there was a need for a bit more exp in other ways, to help the leveling because of stop gaps. a.k.a events giving more exp, better world quest exp and quest itself, mobs having more exp, and dungeons having better rewards and exp. "farming for a rare item so you can kill this one boss to finish this quest that's taken you half an hour to finish?" this wouldn't be needed if the dungeons gave appropriate items for your level, the other reason it would take you a half an hour is because of all the players that asked for harder dungeons, and fair fight, making world bosses and dungeon bosses a hassle of just spaming skills for 5-10minutes with no real mechanics than dodging the 1 or 2 skills every odd seconds or so.

    2. Also you wouldn't want to help the exp for after 65+ because kms2 is still missing content for the higher levels, it was pretentious of me to state the whole "kms2 level" thing but it seems people don't realize the amount of a hassle and hell it'll be if both pre 50 and post 50 are exp hells. < Not to mention most of the player base i can bet are over 20 years of age, and can't grind MS2 back like they did in MS1 when they were in elementary school or junior high or whatever.

    3."the only reason why lv1-65 in KMS2 is so fast is ONLY because of the Epic Quest and other major questlines, not because the exp earned from every other source in the game is reasonable at all" this is wrong, 1-50 is epic questline i agree, but between 50-60 and 60 onwards, you do daily missions from a ship. Where the quests are ranked S, A, B, C, D and give exp by level, and of course S gives most exp. Now these quests could be anything from killing 100 mobs, to killing a world boss, to getting some items, or talking to an npc. There are 5 Npc's that give about 5~ Quests daily. After 60, there is the awakening questline which levels you maybe 4 times? and then we JUST got the new content with the new questline. <so after all the quests you are still on level 64... before adding the new content that just released.

    4."Saying that you want nothing to change and stay the same as in KMS2 is the same as saying you're happy with the rest of the game not being worth anyone's time and that you're also happy with the prospect of multiple years of grinding to hit max level." The reason i say it shouldn't change MUCH, is because kms2 is already optimized the way it stands atm, and only you are to judge whether the game is worth your time or not. I like the game but i dont want a 1 month grind, into a soft cap, when they will more than likely revert it back to the fast paced way after you can level past 50. FYI, everyone is trying to turn ms2 into a pre bigbang ms1 hard cap, where it takes months to hit max cap, so "you're also happy with the prospect of multiple years of grinding to hit max level" is what those people want. like i said ^ above, until content furthers in kms2 where theres level 70, 80, 90 gear, its obvious the exp from those dungeons and raids will become better, and it wont take years to hit max cap, until they raise the level cap again.
    Offtopic - KMS2 release the newest gear rank in the recent patch... its Orange and looks cool af
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 33,475
    Posts: 2,569
    Member
    Ajae wrote: »
    So 1. You DON'T have to beeline to 50 unless you plan on getting a first clear for dungeon/raid, and the content previously does no become worthless after hitting 50, do you think people will hunt all the trophies before 50? or after 50 where it should be faster and easier to clear dungeons if fair fight wasnt implemented into the game. Also in my paragraph i did state that there was a need for a bit more exp in other ways, to help the leveling because of stop gaps. a.k.a events giving more exp, better world quest exp and quest itself, mobs having more exp, and dungeons having better rewards and exp. "farming for a rare item so you can kill this one boss to finish this quest that's taken you half an hour to finish?" this wouldn't be needed if the dungeons gave appropriate items for your level, the other reason it would take you a half an hour is because of all the players that asked for harder dungeons, and fair fight, making world bosses and dungeon bosses a hassle of just spaming skills for 5-10minutes with no real mechanics than dodging the 1 or 2 skills every odd seconds or so.

    2. Also you wouldn't want to help the exp for after 65+ because kms2 is still missing content for the higher levels, it was pretentious of me to state the whole "kms2 level" thing but it seems people don't realize the amount of a hassle and hell it'll be if both pre 50 and post 50 are exp hells. < Not to mention most of the player base i can bet are over 20 years of age, and can't grind MS2 back like they did in MS1 when they were in elementary school or junior high or whatever.

    3."the only reason why lv1-65 in KMS2 is so fast is ONLY because of the Epic Quest and other major questlines, not because the exp earned from every other source in the game is reasonable at all" this is wrong, 1-50 is epic questline i agree, but between 50-60 and 60 onwards, you do daily missions from a ship. Where the quests are ranked S, A, B, C, D and give exp by level, and of course S gives most exp. Now these quests could be anything from killing 100 mobs, to killing a world boss, to getting some items, or talking to an npc. There are 5 Npc's that give about 5~ Quests daily. After 60, there is the awakening questline which levels you maybe 4 times? and then we JUST got the new content with the new questline. <so after all the quests you are still on level 64... before adding the new content that just released.

    4."Saying that you want nothing to change and stay the same as in KMS2 is the same as saying you're happy with the rest of the game not being worth anyone's time and that you're also happy with the prospect of multiple years of grinding to hit max level." The reason i say it shouldn't change MUCH, is because kms2 is already optimized the way it stands atm, and only you are to judge whether the game is worth your time or not. I like the game but i dont want a 1 month grind, into a soft cap, when they will more than likely revert it back to the fast paced way after you can level past 50. FYI, everyone is trying to turn ms2 into a pre bigbang ms1 hard cap, where it takes months to hit max cap, so "you're also happy with the prospect of multiple years of grinding to hit max level" is what those people want. like i said ^ above, until content furthers in kms2 where theres level 70, 80, 90 gear, its obvious the exp from those dungeons and raids will become better, and it wont take years to hit max cap, until they raise the level cap again.
    Offtopic - KMS2 release the newest gear rank in the recent patch... its Orange and looks cool af

    1. All equipment becomes useless after hitting 50. This includes the entire Crafting system and housing Assistants, all pre-50 Dungeon rewards, rewards from World Quests and various ranking systems. All XP gained also becomes worthless as you've hit the cap, including flat XP from World Quests and various sources gained from minigames, Life Skills, music, fishing, housing and basically any activity in the game. The moment you hit 50, you've negated almost every piece of content in the game. And it's very necessary to beeline because currently all means of progression - Daily Missions and post-50 dungeons - are the main means of gaining both income and better equipment. So no, people do not have a choice.

    2. Currently, all XP up to level 65 seems to be easy. What are you trying to say? Also, seriously, would you kindly shut up with blatantly lying about what people want. Other than you people who want to skip everything in the game, nobody has ever said a word about wanting a MS1 grind. However, I do see you putting those words in everyone else's mouths when you can't come up with a single logical argument to help your own case.

    3. Oh, interesting, you get to kill monsters and talk to NPCs to progress. Where did I do that before? Oh right, the epic questline. So where is the improvement again? How is anything different?

    4. KMS2 is optimized? How? It basically got killed off with the Restart patch dumbing it down to nothingness. You have good statements from players saying that the current version is the best they've ever had? Did the game skyrocket in popularity in its current state? What is your measure of 'optimization' here? Also, again with the lies, it would be so nice if you could try using actual arguments for once. Have you ever played another MMO, maybe you'd have a idea of what real progression rates look like. Also, let's say it takes a month to hit soft cap, how do you go from that to a quote saying "multiple years"? Oh yea, by lying. Seriously, come up with some actual arguments for your content-skipping nonsense.
    BakaAnikiKewkkyAlzackTricycle
  • AjaeAjae
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,725
    Posts: 44
    Member
    DanDK wrote: »
    1. All equipment becomes useless after hitting 50. This includes the entire Crafting system and housing Assistants, all pre-50 Dungeon rewards, rewards from World Quests and various ranking systems. All XP gained also becomes worthless as you've hit the cap, including flat XP from World Quests and various sources gained from minigames, Life Skills, music, fishing, housing and basically any activity in the game. The moment you hit 50, you've negated almost every piece of content in the game. And it's very necessary to beeline because currently all means of progression - Daily Missions and post-50 dungeons - are the main means of gaining both income and better equipment. So no, people do not have a choice.

    2. Currently, all XP up to level 65 seems to be easy. What are you trying to say? Also, seriously, would you kindly shut up with blatantly lying about what people want. Other than you people who want to skip everything in the game, nobody has ever said a word about wanting a MS1 grind. However, I do see you putting those words in everyone else's mouths when you can't come up with a single logical argument to help your own case.

    3. Oh, interesting, you get to kill monsters and talk to NPCs to progress. Where did I do that before? Oh right, the epic questline. So where is the improvement again? How is anything different?

    4. KMS2 is optimized? How? It basically got killed off with the Restart patch dumbing it down to nothingness. You have good statements from players saying that the current version is the best they've ever had? Did the game skyrocket in popularity in its current state? What is your measure of 'optimization' here? Also, again with the lies, it would be so nice if you could try using actual arguments for once. Have you ever played another MMO, maybe you'd have a idea of what real progression rates look like. Also, let's say it takes a month to hit soft cap, how do you go from that to a quote saying "multiple years"? Oh yea, by lying. Seriously, come up with some actual arguments for your content-skipping nonsense.

    To answer your 4 questions.
    1. I'll start off with the crafting system and housing assistants, now i do agree some items are worthless after 50 from the crafting system. BUT, there are in fact good ones, i.e the Alchemy system can craft you Potions, that are inaccessible in the npc stores, as well as Tonics, which can help with damage, and that are a good way to help increase your damage for certain fights like the Chaos raid. As for the world quests, and dungeon rewards, i have in fact STATED that the rewards were quite bad, and should be increased on another thread. Yet i disagree with you when you say that Life skills, music, fishing, housing and mini games, are worthless, since most of those aren't for the use of EXP, but to SOCIALIZE, or create with others. In cbt2 i never used music as a way to gain exp, but i did however have a great time with guild mates, laughing and trolling each other with the music we were playing. Fishing becomes useful for the fact its another activity to do after 50, when you have downtime on weekly limit, or to achieve trophies, NOT for the sole fact of EXP. Housing is a great social and fun activity to do yourself, As well as mini games. But the exp they give post 50 aren't WORTHLESS, they do still count towards Prestige leveling. Which can give good rewards, like a free travel mount at rank 100, which is cool to aim for.

    2. I was not lying, since i have been reading these forums, taking account every post, as well as talking to other guilds, and players and their thoughts through other means like discord and such. Most of my posts do have facts, but i will admit it gets clouded with my own opinions being mixed in. When i said ms1 grind, it was my fault my point did not get through.

    3. Well the reason is different is because you aren't FORCED to do those daily missions, and by this i mean you can ignore the quest and continue playing without having to do it, since the quest itself is only used to give you access to the daily missions. That is of course if you'd like a longer time to level, as it seems you do, coming from all the posts you've made in this thread. Just to make sure i have my Facts correct, the quest does NOT give you any special rewards, like skill points or attribute points, which is why i said you are not forced to do them.

    4. True, "The Restart update can be compared to MapleStory’s Big Bang, it restructured a lot of the game’s content and was basically the developers’ way to fix many of the things that players complained about." Cited from orangemushroom, and yes i have gotten statements, from some more casual players, as well as from 3 year kms2 experienced players, that have said they preferred this over the pre-restart update, but this doesn't mean ALL of them said yes to having this current version, i only stated some. Also it was nexon NA and nexon korea that decided on skipping content, i gladly would have still played maplestory 2, even if they started from the roots, by having the cap of 30 with a couple dungeons, to 40 and then 50, before finally the 99 cap. To have the "grind" most players wish for, and this is not a LIE, if you have been reading the posts like i have in this thread alone. As for the last sentence you said, ill use actual FACTS, Currently in kms2 which i understand is not gms2, but they do follow quite similarly. "It could take about a month to hit 75, and as most have heard, and seen through these forums multiple times, once you hit 93 or 94, it could take another "3 years" to hit max cap of 99. As i said in my first statement above that you quoted me on, i did say this could be that long if it is the CURRENT version. Once additional content is out, the exp will obviously be higher, and the cap to 99 will be easier to hit, and won't take 3 years. The exp from 93 to 99 in kms2 is exactly this much (cited from maplestory2wiki) "2,290,386,987,222" exp needed to go from 93 to 99. THAT is why i stated in the current version with the content available it would take 3 years, and the reason as OTHERS on the forums have stated that the grind will be in later part of the game, as in my opinion should be. P.s i have been playing mmo's since i was 7 and im now 21, so yes i know how leveling progression is in other mmo's.
This discussion has been closed.