Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

[Feedback] Controls Point and Click

Comments

• JoystickJungJoystickJung
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 585
    Pathing is weird.
    My character tends to move while I'm interacting with the windows and UI due to either user error or something else.
    My character will also sometimes just follow the mouse without a click and I have to click to get them to stop.
  • VentureFoxVentureFox
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 710
    To add on to what everyone else has already been saying– whenever I try to use the mouse to move my character, certain locations cause the movement selection to be “registered” up in the air as opposed to on the ground. Almost as if there’s an invisible roof that it’s trying to click on. It will either move my character in a direction I did not intend, or it will try to move my character off the screen.

It mainly occurs in small closed-in places, insides of buildings, etc. Doesn’t seem to happen when there’s lots of open space however, like the main world. Hope my explanation helps!
    Hasori
  • EternalxEternalx
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,895
    The Keyboard + Mouse option is very hard to use. It bugs out a lot of the time (for the reasons that has been stated in this thread).

Loreatus
  • GosickGosick
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 410
    first, i stop using point and click after I discover some difficulty

1.)when there is a roof, you will move to the roof instead of the place you clicked
    2.)It is very difficult to climb ladder
    3.)if you are using a mouse for your right hand, maybe there should have buttons to assign like one for scrolling button.
    4.)at situation like boss fight, point and click become more like drag ur char which is weird for me personally
    5.)there is a difficulty to face your character the right direction, which is why^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^, but then it force your char to move, and that's why I stop to use point and click.

however, point and click is a pretty interesting addition for other people who is used to other game *colugoh* *coulgh*.
  • ValimatkaValimatka
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
    I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but if I accidentally toggle between the two movement options, any custom keybinds that I have get automatically reset. Every time.

Apart from that once I got them set up to how I was used to them on other MMO's they seem comfortable to me. The only thing is when I'm on the Mouse and Keyboard option I'm wondering why the mouse still moves our character. Instead of moving the character it could be used to move the camera. Since I'm almost sure I'm not the only one who will accidentally click somewhere while using the mouse and keyboard controls and suddenly their character is running off to some random corner.
  • MoaMissionMoaMission
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 510
    I think the keyboard and mouse controls would work better if the game adopted a Diablo-style "stop and pivot in place button". A way to root your character by holding a button and just spin around and use skills. That would help a little, but as the game is right now, controller gameplay is the most feasible way to do harder boss fights.
  • ArumarkerArumarker
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
    Honestly point and click needs to be removed. It does not mix well with Maplestory 2's fast pace combat nor with its platform design. If anything I believe where every the mouse faces is where the character should face, allowing quick turns like with the gamepad, more control with the character when doing any kind of platforming.
  • RaionheartRaionheart
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 755
    I hate how right clicking on an item in my inventory automatically replaced whatever I had on shortcut. I had a skill slotted in it which kept getting replaced from accidentally clicking in my inventory.
    Hasori
  • SuddenChillsSuddenChills
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
    Radaka wrote: »
    Oftentimes when I click to move somewhere (single click only, not held), the game registers my click location at a location extremely close to the camera's location. This makes my character walk towards the camera regardless of where I click.

It's not consistent and only seems to occur on certain maps. It happened in the tutorial map as well as the heavy gunner's starting town.

For me it seemed to happen more often on smaller maps, and the corner of larger maps that were closest to the camera.
  • BonanzaBonanza
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 400
    I use my keyboard, and there was a problem with the controls. While I was moving diagonal direction toward me (↘ this direction), I could not use teleport (magician) nor fly. If I want to teleport/fly to that direction, i have to stop and press the key.
  • YamitoYamito
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,305
    edited 4:26PM August 1, 2018
    Saving key binds to a file would be especially helpful and mouse binds!! Also a more customization camera or free camera in any map!
  • SuggSugg
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 440
    Was not usable, absolutely bugged wish the game was 3d instead of 2.5d
  • DrinkTeaDrinkTea
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 910
    Hey hey hey, you know all those games that base their game off this concept? Yea It's because they're not trying to recreate Maplestory. COME ON. This is a new game, with a whole new direction (design wise and physically). Streamline it for the newer audience. Who thought binding emotes to prime skill hotkeys was a good idea? f1 f2 f3 f4, those are PERFECT for spellcasting. And yea, it's simple to just change that yourself, BUT NOT WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT BOUND TO WHAT ALREADY. I would have to look through every key and figure out which set of keys were already bound to something else. You created the control scheme, you optimize the control scheme. I'm really nitpicky so thanks for listening to me
  • AerinsAerins
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 100
    I'm more used to the point and click for moving around and such, but it would just following my MOUSE around even when I didn't click it causing me to DIE unnecessarily several times.... Resorted to just using keyboard.
  • ChefPandaChefPanda
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 100
    I think that you should add the ability to aim with the mouse and move with WASD it would make classes easier to control because its kinda hard to aim skills when its not like that so please do that mouse aim with WASD movement and or and not like hold left click to move and aim kinda like where ever the mouse pointer is facing make thats where you character faces
  • cygnusituscygnusitus
    Only sometimes, the mouse would continue to move even though I ditched it to use the WASD keys. I mean, this did get me killed once in the fire drake, so I guess it's not too bad of a problem.
  • ZanoZano
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 410
    Should add an option to turn off click to move it even registers when dropping items out of inventory to the ground it also makes me constantly move sometimes and i can't stop until i click somewhere else and hit my wasd buttons
  • NavokiNavoki
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,010
    Ive already seen several things i would have included reading through other comments, however Ive also seen that dragging an dropping items from your inventory to discard them causes an autoclick of sorts an makes your character run to where you "clicked"

I personally could do without the clicking to move option, i preferred to make the WASD keys my movement keys, an bounded my skills to the buttons on my mouse.

I know not everyone can do this however but it made things incredibly convenient for me.
  • AlzackAlzack
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,745
    I tried WASD + mouse combo in CBT1 and switched to classic controls really fast. I gave it a chance once more during CBT2 and my opinion remained unchanged, this combination is pretty much non-intuintive to me. I had issues with setting appropriate pathing for character in small interior spaces as my Knight walked in different direction that I pointed him to. After a while I lost any movement coordination as my character jumped on every block, climbed on any ladder or walls against my own will and I couldn't stop it. Furnishing mode with WASD & mouse option was quite a hassle as W and S keybinds served as height instead of block's movement in north/south direction.

Also "Click to Move" option was turned on since the beginning and any attempt to throw anything from inventory ended with uncontrollable movement of my character, I'd advise this option to be set as turned off by default. I think I'm going to stick to classic controls, after all. They fit my gaming style the most.
    Kind regards!
  • zachsgaylolzachsgaylol
    I'm positive this has been said already, but I really wish that the mouse would aim your character. Playing with keyboard + mouse controls has a very hard difficulty curve when trying to aim because you have to click each time to realign your character with what you're shooting at, while moving. Basically every game in which you can use your mouse to move also uses your mouse to aim, so it makes no sense to me why this shouldn't be a thing in Maplestory2.
This discussion has been closed.