Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

[Feedback] Controls Point and Click

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 68,485
Administrator
edited 7:59PM July 14, 2018 in Closed Beta 2 Feedback
Please leave your feedback regarding Point and Click controls.
Headstar007

Comments

• RadakaRadaka
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 555
    edited 11:14AM July 18, 2018
    Oftentimes when I click to move somewhere (single click only, not held), the game registers my click location at a location extremely close to the camera's location. This makes my character walk towards the camera regardless of where I click.

It's not consistent and only seems to occur on certain maps. It happened in the tutorial map as well as the heavy gunner's starting town.
    BagoHeadstar007LinVegaLeariiHiREVVixieMapleMaltShakeNimioLoreatusSuddenChillsand 8 others.
  • LhoidLhoid
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 915
    Radaka wrote: »
    Oftentimes when I click to move somewhere (single click only, not held), the game registers my click location at a location extremely close to the camera's location. This makes my character walk towards the camera regardless of where I click.

It's not consistent and only seems to occur on certain maps. It happened in the tutorial map as well as the heavy gunner's starting town.

It happened to me as well. Because of that, I have to use keyboard in order to relocate my character.
    BagoHeadstar007LeariiVixieHasoriSplarttPetitFella
  • SoggieWafflzSoggieWafflz
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 535
    Here's a twitch clip of the exact problem described above, as I play I'll test it on every map I come across.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DeadSpikyFrogDatBoi
    BagoHeadstar007HasoriPetitFellaSubglacious
    Another issue that just happened, I might've click somewhere, then moved with the controller, and somehow my character was constantly walking toward my cursor. Link to clip below

https://clips.twitch.tv/SingleHilariousGoatAsianGlow
    Headstar007NimioHasoriNavoki
  • BagoBago
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 805
    The problem is it doesn't only effect the movement but also aiming for shooting (Heavy Gunner). I had a problem in the first tutorial area where you need to shoot the caged exit.
    Headstar007
    Not sure if this is intended or not, but you can point-and-click while doing hair/dye/makeup/face selection, and it's kind of annoying.

https://clips.twitch.tv/RelatedCrazyLeopardDendiFace
    Headstar007VixieNavoki
    Here's a twitch clip of the exact problem described above, as I play I'll test it on every map I come across.

Also in the plastic surgery office, link to twitch clip: https://clips.twitch.tv/CalmInventivePineappleDancingBaby
    Headstar007
    edited 4:35PM July 18, 2018

Also in the plastic surgery office, link to twitch clip: https://clips.twitch.tv/CalmInventivePineappleDancingBaby

In the dye workshop as well https://clips.twitch.tv/CulturedSparklingPancakeNotLikeThis
    Headstar007
  • MadocMadoc
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 490
    I wish skills would focus on the mouse cursor, especially for ranged classes theres no way to "aim" ur skills while standing still.
    I always end up running into the boss when trying to land my range attacks since u actually have to move towards ur target.
    When running around or away from enemies i miss like 50% of my skills, makes the mouse quite useless in combat.

And it would be nice to click on npc's or check out enemies before u engage
    Headstar007GaiktosuLilSleepyFoxVixieHumbleGaracoYamitoMetosisNavoki
  • AruteeruAruteeru
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 845
    edited 7:22PM July 23, 2018
    I wasn't sure where to put this but this is the mode I am using to play.

There aren't a lot of good keybinding options, we're very limited to using a-z 1-12, shift, alt, ctrl etc. But I can't even bind any of the buttons to my mouse, why? I would suggest making it an option. Also, there is no way to keybind a combination to be like "Shift+1 or Shift+R", which can be more comfortable for people than using a-z .

I also didn't know where to put this;
    When I start a new character I am locked to the default keybinds and it is absolutely annoying that I cannot change my bindings or that they are even saved between characters. Also, it is dumb that we can't even move the skills to another spot during the tutorial to make it easy to use some of them. Just saying, not everyone is going to be patient and want to wait til the end of the tutorial to be able to change it, some people will just get frustrated before then.

Changing skill placements and keybinds are one of the first things people do when starting a new game.

Please allow more keybind options like mouse buttons, and shift+ combos.

Edit: Forgot to mention the point and click for movement is awful and does not work well at all, so I use WADS since it's most comfortable for me to move around.
    Headstar007VixieYamitoMetosisSamusownBotty
  • MamaMercyMamaMercy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 350
    When you are on this mode after the first time you walk diagonally you continuously keep walking diagonal and have to push two buttons to talk straight. I had to change over to a controller to get my character to walk the way I want her too.
    Headstar007
  • Headstar007Headstar007
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,470
    Currently, the keyboard controls are quite frustrating which is why I am quite happy there is a gamepad option, I really dislike how cntrl is for attack because my hands can't reach my quick slot keys and my basic attack function at the same time, requiring me to need to shimmy just to attack if I am out of spirit/stamina which is quite annoying and uncomfortable, I also do not like how the quick slot keys are spaced out which is quite annoying for me personally because it requires more hand movement to access a certain skill when in a battle, and due to habit I will end up accidentally opening menus when trying to activate a certain skill.
  • mirta000mirta000
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 8,125
    I have quite the issue with mouse and keyboard controls.

1. Point and click does not work. My click registers in the sky, making my character walk in a totally different direction than I would like them to.
    2. When I finish conversations with NPCs the game sometimes acts as if I have clicked without clicking. My character just tries running towards my mouse cursor.
    Vixie
  • AlfaniAlfani
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,775
    Having the same issue as everyone here. I'd like to be able to use the mouse for movement so I'm not fumbling over my hands when in combat, but the mouse is inaccurate and I end up running randomly off somewhere or end up facing away from battle and wasting spirit and stamina.
    I don't have a game pad to use or I'd give that a shot.
    Super suuper frustrating.
  • SrslyrlySrslyrly
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,120
    Forum Moderator
    edited 10:05AM July 19, 2018
    I'm not a fan of point and click, but I'm also not so good at managing multiple keys. I've tried using keys for movement and clicking on my skills, but as others mentioned it's not always consistent -- especially when you're using the mouse for movement. My setup did not work very well as hovering the cursor over each skill brings up a distracting skill description, not to mention that I'm constantly looking down at my skill bar while clicking on it.

What worked for me is switching back to the keyboard layout. For those of you experiencing the same issues and not wanting to use a gamepad, I'm using the following set up:

- Arrow keys for movement
    - Space bar to jump
    - Shift key for dash/escape skill
    - WASD keys for primary skills, surrounding keys (e.g. Q, E, R, Z, X, C, F) for other skills and buffs
    - Number keys for potions, mounts, etc.

• LeariiLearii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 400
    Lhoid wrote: »
    Radaka wrote: »

It happened to me as well. Because of that, I have to use keyboard in order to relocate my character.

i hope they fix this because i only use mouse to play games on pc not keyboard
  • InuNoTaishoInuNoTaisho
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,085
    When switching between Classic and WASD mode, the ability to use point and click actually disappears. I'm currently only able to WASD because I switched back and fourth to test what I liked, and now the mouse doesn't work for movement at all.
  • LightorLightor
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 210
    I really wish this mode was more like standard ARPG controls, add that is kinda the play style. Where you could attack by clicking, hold to stay in place, click NPCs or objects to interact with them, etc. This would also free up WASD for abilities.
    Vixie
  • Lemonade_SodaLemonade_Soda
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 410
    edited 9:16AM July 20, 2018
    I feel like being able to rotate our character with our mouse cursor and rebinding the left and right click to a basic attack or skill would make gameplay feel much more smooth and intuitive
    Vixie
  • FairlyGrimmFairlyGrimm
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 310
    Controls need work Id actually like to see a action combat mode that ties your camera to your mouse I think it would work great for this type of game. You already shoot in front of you so all that would be needed would be to center the camera on the character and tie it to the mouse and have a button to disable mouse look I would think.
    To me controls feel clunky and the fact the point and click doesn't even work hinders things further I might enjoy things better if the point and click were working or if when you target something you focus on that target i don't know i still feel an action combat mode would make things feel more fluid

Something else that is also really needed is keybind modifiers most western games allow you to keybind things like Shift+,1 Shift +2, exc it makes life allot easier because your not struggling to find keys in aquward locations to try to keybind your combat skills to.

Honistlly i want to love the game and i think i would if the controls didnt feel so aquward to me. This is just my opinion but i really hope to see something changed in the future.
This discussion has been closed.