Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

[Feedback] Controls Gamepad

Comments

• LockeExileLockeExile
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,275
    My ideal setup is to use controller (left hand only) for movement, keyboard for skills, mouse for menus. I was almost able to achieve this - assigned jump to LT and skills to numpad. I'd like to assign my dash skill to LB, but I wasn't able to remove LB as a hotbar modifier to allow this, and even if I could, I wouldn't be able to assign a skill (or hotbar slot) directly to a button.

D-pad is pretty useless for anything you'd want to do while moving. I haven't quite decided what to put there. Maybe mounts to go with the movement motif, or action/cancel or something.
  • SumeSume
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
    first time i connected the buttons were switched. so cross was square, square was triangle and so on. i got used to it and it was no problem for.
    after the second connection everything was find cross was cross as it should be.
    so i newly had to get used to it, but after that there were no switching issues anymore .
    i like to play with gamepad the most.
  • ArurauneAruraune
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,000
    Some controllers still have the problem where Square and Triangle, Cross and Circle are swapped. Please allow us to change bindings for the combinations L1+Cross, L1+Square etc. This should prevent any frustration and allow covering even more possible controllers.
    SnackCakesGunPowder
  • ChillBearChillBear
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 5,690
    edited 7:24AM August 23, 2018
    You guys really need to open up the quick slots and in fact just make all the controls customizable for the gamepad.

For example, having to hold down a trigger to use a skill feels so counter-intuitive and disrupts the flow of combat. It would make way more sense to make quickslots for things like easy menu access. It's quite frustrating not being able to adjust the controls for the gamepad as so much of it is locked. Please open it up and allow us to full customize the controls as we want.

I'd like to mix the best of keyboard with the best of gamepad. I love the free movement of my character with the gamepad, but hate how I have to combo buttons to use skills.

Also, make certain actions/skills combinable under the same button. For example, I want my A button to engage in speech with NPCs but also be my jump button. I want X to cancel speech or menus but also be my dash button.

Edit: Please allow us to input keyboard keybinds into the gamepad keybinds. I use third party tools like xpadder and rewasd to configure my controller to keyboard binds. In this way I can use the free movement with the joysticks and make my own customization and combo buttons using keyboard binds on my controller.
    SnackCakesGunPowder
  • SnackCakesSnackCakes
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,095
    edited 8:20AM August 23, 2018
    I'm using a PS4 controller. Please allow us to change our controls without having to download something else to do it. The way that y'all set it up makes it so that when you want to press L2 X, you actually have to press L2 Square. Either the pictures on the skill bar are messed up or something else. It's just a whole mess right now and I don't think I can use a controller until it's fixed. It's a shame because I actually like using it.
    ChillBearGunPowderMapleSapo
  • MapleSapoMapleSapo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 980
    SnackCakes wrote: »
    I'm using a PS4 controller. Please allow us to change our controls without having to download something else to do it. The way that y'all set it up makes it so that when you want to press L2 X, you actually have to press L2 Square. Either the pictures on the skill bar are messed up or something else. It's just a whole mess right now and I don't think I can use a controller until it's fixed. It's a shame because I actually like using it.

You said exactly what I was going to say.
    I have the same problem, so it is an ingame problem, not our gamepads.
  • AzralothAzraloth
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
    d3llorto wrote: »
    Hi, I have a gamapad from xbox one and it's giving this error, I'm sure it's original.

https://imgur.com/a/rT2xfA8

Same here, unable to detect xbox one controler.

Aditional information:
    - Im using an original xbox one controller for windows with usb cable.
    - My controller does work for any other aplications.
    - Windows 10 (64 bit) updated to 25-08-2018.
    - xbox one controller driver updated with xbox one accesory tool to 25-08-2018.
    - xbox one controller firmware updated with xbox one accesory tool to 25-08-2018.
This discussion has been closed.