Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

[Feedback] Pet Taming

Comments

• LilSquishLilSquish
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 240
    I don't know if it was just me but when I was throwing candies at the pet to tame it, it would start running away even when its bar was full and then at the last second turn back towards me and move not even half as far back before losing interest and needing more candy. In the tutorial they say you get the bar to full to lure it back into a trap but, I found myself actually chasing them into the trap while also throwing candies at it which kinda defeats the purpose of having it follow you when its full.

Just make it follow you for longer so you can actually get it back to a trap or change the tutorial to make it say you have to chase it into the trap and throwing candies at it just slows it down. that's just how it was working for me.
    DLyonSnackCakesSubglaciousAlzack
  • DLyonDLyon
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 340
    Either the tutorial was wrong or the system is bugged. pets don't follow you when their bar is full, in fact, they run FROM you. I wasted a lot of traps on this. Fix it.

Also, there HAS to be a way to get pets earlier in the game (maybe from questing), they're REALLY helpful for leveling.
    SnackCakesSubglacious
  • IcyFenixIcyFenix
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 585
    Pet taming seemed to be redundant at level 50 - they were almost useless and didn't really have a reason to exist.

This was until I found out about boss pets that had unique skills (ie/ pyrros giving speed boost, devorak giving spirit on hit)

But the regular pets do almost no damage and scale terribly, you might as well allow them to be usable at level 1 so they can help with our leveling, since most people probably just ignored this feature.
    SnackCakesLockeExile
  • KiwouixFRKiwouixFR
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,400
    add pet taming in exploration goal :) , nerf the level 50 limit .. , make more trophee or something ...
    LockeExile
  • KiwouixFRKiwouixFR
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,400
    SnackCakes wrote: »
    It's difficult to tame pets when Potion Solvents don't drop often at all. You'd you have to go out of your way to farm them, and while that's not bad, I feel like there should be easier ways to obtain them.

it's excessively simple to have it, it's enough to kill a lot of low-level monster...
  • LockeExileLockeExile
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,275
    +1 to dropping the level 50 requirement. Why can I not tame a hungry slime until level 50? makes no sense. This is one of the systems that has me planning to rush to 50 just so I have it available while I do my actual exploring.
    SnackCakes
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,360
    . Remove the sound of the respawning pet as it might get a bit too spammed sometimes
    . Make the Potion Solvents a bit more easy to obtain or make specific monsters to drop them, so you know where to grind them (monsters that respawn easily should let you get a bit more of them, timing-wise talking)
    . Make the Trap last 30-60 seconds seeing how long it takes to just craft one.
    . People want the pets to be available before level 50, but I want to offer this idea: we can get a tamed pet that DOES NOT DO ANY COMBAT DAMAGE, but just take the items from the floor as the Rainbow Slime we got with the event did while the combat ones will be available only after level 50, plus making the one you got during your journey change its type to a combat one (I know you can change the type, but it seemed the Rainbow Slime couldn't as it was one-per-character/account?)
    SnackCakes
  • NavokiNavoki
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,010
    I agree with others that pet taming shouldnt be locked to level 50.

It would have been nice to be able to get pets an be working with them at lower levels.
    SnackCakes
  • AlzackAlzack
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,745
    edited 11:57AM August 7, 2018
    There are so many activities unlocked at level 50 already so let's avoid it this time and focus on incorporating Pet Taming since early stage of adventure, somewhere around level 10 when first tutorials from Maple Guide start appearing for character. This way players will find some incentive for exploration, stay on each map a bit longer and search for new pupils while completing exploration goals.

There's a lot of hungry monsters on each location deeming the spawn rate high so I'd like to suggest monitoring situation as it may change upon official release. While whole process of catching companions looks fine, I find that the rarity of Potion Solvents is quite a hassle. Life Skills didn't offer that much of benefit and utility so far, I wouldn't have anything against putting a recipe for such taming ingredient into Alchemy instead of increasing its drop rate on maps, people would have one more reason to increase their crafting skills. Also the idea of making any pet accessories through Handicraft or Smithing doesn't seem bad to me either. Potion Solvents purchased via NPC Shop? I won't oppose if you decide to implement them in such way.

Pet Taming has a potential and will be considered an interesting, pleasant feature by me as long as it doesn't promote solo gameplay experience with animal companion. I don't want to think about situation when combat pets become strong enough to replace other players for any teamplay activity (sad experience from Mabinogi where single pet companion has been able to complete whole run with its owner).
    Kind regards!
    SnackCakes
  • VemieVemie
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 875
    MagicDoors wrote: »
    Please take out the sound your pet makes when it warps back to you. It's not really necessary and it keeps making me think that some important notification just occurred.

Crap is that what is is? My phone has the same ringtone and I always through I was getting notifications irl. Yea, that should really be removed.
  • ShángSháng
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,445
    Gotta catch them all am I right?
    Nothing wrong with it.
    Quite fun filling that book up just like fishing.

- Shang
This discussion has been closed.