Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

[Feedback] Mushking Royale

Comments

• AlzackAlzack
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,745
    I had a lot of fun with Mushking Royale but I think that there are rather more significant features like group content (dungeons), leveling and progression curve, story/lore, gear scaling to focus on than side activities (these are developed well already). I didn't test BR mode too much but overall I found it enjoyable enough to participate from time to time, MK52 Omega robot made me laugh with all this underwhelming damage in regards to basic skills.

There wasn't a single information about manual method of picking items or any solid description of event so tutorial about Mushking Royale through Maple Guide would seem like nice addition if BR mode was considered as abiding event. I would say that herbs, offered in battle, were not a sufficient healing way and that would need something to work on. Queue between fights could have been a bit faster and ability to switch between players in spectator mode would feel great.

Also I couldn't use any chat channels during the round, I'd love to have a possibility to respond to whispers and guild mates in the meantime when playing BR mode. Skill hotbar wasn't that intuitive and got messy as system put gathered items in a random, chaotic manner to my arsenal, it had taken quite a while to get accomodated. However I think it would be better if any item / skill, available to obtain within BR mode, appeared on hotbar automatically since start and become unlocked when available to use by player.
    Kind regards!
    DanDKXtonyFantasykitten
  • XtonyXtony
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,890
    Alzack wrote: »
    There wasn't a single information about manual method of picking items

This is kind of not true. There's a way to make appear the picking up key on your UI, left to your quick slots. I even wonder if it's enabled by default whenever you are using a keyboard.
    PkBlast wrote: »
    I would say that herbs, offered in battle, were not a sufficient healing way and that would need something to work on.

Healing herbs actually restored more health than potion. But they've been made in a way that you it gets interupted whenever you hit or get hit. Which makes fighting a risk whenever you aren't fully healed. Any way to make the herb better would probably result in fights being slow and stall because people could heal mid fight like never happened, which is already the case sometimes.
    Also I couldn't use any chat channels during the round, I'd love to have a possibility to respond to whispers and guild mates in the meantime when playing BR mode.

Sometimes you were chat blocked and sometimes you weren't so it was extremely frustrating knowing that this happened at random times.

I completely agree with most of what you've said. I think that many players felt this way aswell.
    DanDK
  • AlzackAlzack
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,745
    Xtony wrote: »
    There wasn't a single information about manual method of picking items

This is kind of not true. There's a way to make appear the picking up key on your UI, left to your quick slots. I even wonder if it's enabled by default whenever you are using a keyboard.

I've probably used bad wording to describe what I wanted to write, sorry about that. I meant that there was no information anywhere before entering Mushking Royale that you had to pick items manually from the start, it distracted me for a moment as I thought that maybe autoloot option (which I had turned on) was bugged for this event until I realised that such action might have been intended since the beginning. I know that there's UI window with pick up icon shown on the left side from your hotbar and I have no issues with manual picking of items, I just didn't find this obvious in Mushking Royale. Thanks for your valuable feedback and time to respond, Xtony.
    Cheers!
    Xtony
  • MilkTeéMilkTeé
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,010
    Whoever stole the name "AwesomeSauce" in EU is sooooooooo funny HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH XD
    Shayarahla
  • XtonyXtony
    MilkTeé wrote: »
    Whoever stole the name "AwesomeSauce" in EU is sooooooooo funny HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH XD

Not me. But I can confirm that it was taken on day one.
  • MilkTeéMilkTeé
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,010

how did you confirm that? I couldn't reserve my IGN because I wasnt home that week would be nice if that person would allow me to take my IGN not only for me but also for the people that recognize me as that specific name, but oh well
  • XtonyXtony

how did you confirm that? I couldn't reserve my IGN because I wasnt home that week would be nice if that person would allow me to take my IGN not only for me but also for the people that recognize me as that specific name, but oh well

On the first 3 days of name reservation I was doing a check of any uszrname I could use later on. And by curiousity I tried yours and it was already taken. Definetely thought you were the one that had it.

Where are we dropping tomorrow?
  • PinkiesandwichPinkiesandwich
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
    I don't like PvP in general and dislike battle royale even more so yea this mode isn't for me.
    All im using it for is just the playground so i can look at my character then log off.
  • tinkutinku
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 620
    -leveling is so incredibly slow
    -really want a duo option D:
    -i feel like thorns do a lot more damage than they should but that just might be me
  • MS2IntroductionMS2Introduction
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,430
    edited 7:50AM August 26, 2018
    -Remove orb or the block. Or, you know, fix the bloody exploit. The gamemode is clearly a lazily tacked-on attempt at grabbing cash so the gameplay is much too shallow to allow something AOE 1 shot.
    -Fix your bloody authentication error. This pop-up literally kills you in Royale. Fun stuff getting the pop-up right when someone places a block in order to use the exploit on you.
    -The gameplay just sucks in general. It's ridiculously shallow. So shallow that grinding the EXP needed for the pass isn't worth it in the slightest. With the merets spent on the pass, you could just buy 2-3 nice UGC's lol.
    -Fix your visual bugs. I love that you guys rushed to patch the cash shop search exploit (which is harmless and you still get paid for people buying stuff) and have left orbs and stuff like unable to fire on the ground out and festering like a nasty gangrenous limb.

I quit playing Royale and basically just henehoe with my guild, and it seems everyone else is pretty much done with royale too seeing how long these queues are even on USEast. GJ Nexon. I personally hope the gamemode fails and dies completely even though I bought the pass.
  • LastSaturdayLastSaturday
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,505
    edited 1:06PM August 26, 2018
    Pretty bland with almost no mechanics other than a combat system from the early 2000's, which would be considered novel today. It doesn't have much going for it. You could try to throw in something like a boss with awesome drops that partys/solo's meet up to fight or try to do something interesting with it

On that note almost every match I'm killed by exploiters and this truly shows what Nexon thinks of it's NA audience. Nexon should feel ashamed of itself but it won't it will whack itself on the back saying, "Take it that's what you get" with a big wad of money and snorting cocaine until the player base drops where they'll just release the Korean patches that fixed the issues because screw NA players

edit
    yep next 10 games 8 games killed by exploiters real fun. I'll wait for the full release
  • SnoogemSnoogem
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,990
    The shrinking circle should be a shrinking cylinder instead of a shrinking sphere.
    I noticed this when spring trapping in a tiny blue circle near the edge which results in a near insta hit with sleepy spores.
    After testing it a couple of times in future matches and observing others, I definitely think it's a sphere.
    It should seriously be just a cylinder for the skybox ceiling limit to remain consistent.
This discussion has been closed.