Learn everything about the latest update in-game from the May 30 expansion patch notes!

>> http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/48341/awakening-patch-notes
Did your "Striker Daily Wonders" somehow disappear even though you thought you claimed it? Read here first:

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45521/notice-regarding-striker-daily-wonders
Closed

[Feedback] Server Stability

Comments

• CurrybunCurrybun
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 520
    Around 1:30pm PST today on the NA West server I experienced VERY heavy lag while fighting Stumpy in the first dungeon on a new character. Other than that the game has been mostly good for me as far as the lag goes!
  • outmagicoutmagic
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 100
    So I'm on the OCE servers, and experience a fair few ping spikes on Channel 1 (best channel to play on cause then there's actually people to interact with haha) especially noticed while I'm doing Fire Dragon dungeon because it's key to dodge (I'm a thief) things like the lazer beam - the ping spikes can range from my normal ping which is about 30-35, to upwards of 100 which makes dodging a lazer difficult hah. Also in general world situations eg. Fishing in Boulderwhite mountain I'm going between 30-70 ping and I'm just standing there - please note regarding all this my net is fantastic usually 48mbps dl and 18upload.
  • CubeNoobCubeNoob
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,060

-NA West
    -No Lag Issues
    -I was always almost put in channels beyond 1
    -None

I think we want to try and keep West/East together, I do hear that our dungeon queue has that feat. but it may make the game more lively with 2 servers merged.
  • Mat2Mat2
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 615
    - Server Name: NA West
    - Issue type: Lag, Ping Issues, Latency
    - Channel: East Ch. 21
    - Location of where you experienced the issue: The Balrog boss event in Elina. That entire event was a joke. The bosses didn't even spawn in the first 20 channels and when one did in 21, the entire area slowed to a screeching halt.
  • PotsPots
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 665
    Like others, I have concerns with splitting NA into east and west. Most people have friends across the country and want to play with them. That being said, I REALLY do like the idea of having ONE central server but with a few channels dedicated to west coast and a few dedicated to east coast. The maintenance that was performed on July 24th to implement 2 west coast and 2 east coast channels I believe is a step in the right direction. I definitely hope that the servers aren't split and you guys continue in the direction of one central server with a few localized channels for the people with ping issues.
    TheChaosLegendSexytapatio
  • ZeroKronoXZeroKronoX
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 640
    The latency here in the SA server is quite unstable, it jumps from 20 to 90 many times a day, and this is common for me and all my friends.
    Also, some times, when evading a monster skill, I still get the damage, and my friends say that my character was on the damage are (in my screen, wasnt), putting in technical words, desync.
  • RonaroaRonaroa
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
    After paying for Founders Pack and playing on OCE during the entire CBT2, OCE has been a blast to play on. Playing on 40-60ms for the entire time on any channel, I've had no issues at all. Rumors on closing OCE down has been circling due to numbers, which during a CBT with limited invites and founders packs being sold out, it's hard to fathom that numbers would be considered till maybe an Open Beta or Launch where everyone has to chance to jump in. I'd hate to play on NA if it's true. I believe players within OCE would turn their back on the game if OCE server does disappear. Can't wait till release and so does the rest of us OCE Maplers!
  • GosickGosick
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 410
    Server- 21&22(east)
    issue-loading takes forever&super laggy even thought there were barely anyone

It took me like 10 seconds to load new servers v. 1-2 seconds to load in normal servers
  • OhMyGodzillaOhMyGodzilla
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 100
    as a person with 500/500 fiber internet i should not be getting 160ms on east coast servers.. even though i am originally west coast all of my online friends are east coast.

120-140ms is literally my normal ping on EU servers in any game....

how and why is ping so substantially high when connecting to an east coast server, literally anyone with over 120ms cannot play a melee class, i literally have to predict seconds ahead of the animations to not get hit in balrog. there have been times where i've been hit not even near the guy.

• VinneVinne
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 780
    Theres some Instability on the South America Server , i mean , i live pretty close to São Paulo (where the server is located), generally in games where the server is located in São Paulo , my ping is something around 15-30 , but while i played MS2 i realized that my ping never goes below 50 and its unstable , it goes to 100 for one second , then go back to 50 and from nothing theres a edge that it goes to 160 , i thought that this was a connection problem from my internet provider , but it isnt , while i play other games i dont experience this kind of lag , its annoying, i hope you guys do something about it.
  • foodbythedozenfoodbythedozen
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 400
    I was using North America West server and had multiple issues with disconnecting. It happened mostly while fishing around Ellinia, Henesys Docks, and other maps while using auto-fishing coupons. I am usually around channel 1, 3, or 4.
  • CapturedRayneCapturedRayne
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,810
    I get the frizzy screen (as much static as an old broken satellite cable dish tv might give) every so often in Tria Ch1, even after lowering settings to the point that I can only see a max of 5 characters at all times. I'm in the NA East Server.
  • SuddenChillsSuddenChills
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
    Probably my biggest frustration is the constant latency I experienced. I played in NA East and the ping would spike as high as 400+ much of the time. Also every once in a while the game would crash entirely, assuming due to instability.
  • TehL337TehL337
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 370
    Sever at all times when I played was good, nice to see not much lag other than mass amount of people in a small area. For the love of god no more sudden bosses in towns cause rest in pepperoni anyone who is trying to play the game on low and then suddenly there on 2 fps and then boom they crash D:
  • NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 69,170
    Administrator
    edited 7:12PM August 1, 2018
    Hey Maplers. We would like some more feedback on this thread regarding the Cross Channels for NA East and NA West. Please leave your feedback below regarding this.
  • SuggSugg
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 440
    edited 6:56PM August 1, 2018
    I had high ping no matter what server i played on, it was always 100+ I've had much better on other games with servers farther away, I tried NA west and East the cross channels for me were just as bad. I'm kind of in the middle of both servers but it was definitely higher than most games I play
  • MarksmanBryanMarksmanBryan
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,475
    Playing from New York, east coast servers had me at 80~150 ping. Ch 21 and 22 were consistently 200-250+.
  • TytaineTytaine
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,390
    I think my ping overall is lower than during cbt1, but it is high sometimes. My ping seems to vary by a lot(40-110+) based on which area I am in. Here are two examples that I can recall during cbt 2.

Unspecific example:
    North America East
    Issue: Higher Ping?
    Channel ?
    Balrog Hard Dungeon
    I recall my ping being 80-110.
    This was sometime during the first week, and probably between 7-9pm EDT

Example of me getting the best ping that I can remember:
    North America East
    Issue: None
    Channel 1 (only 4 players in map)
    Barrotta Port
    40's-60's ping
    July 30th
    Sometime around 11pm EDT
  • anHillaanHilla
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 600
    Server: South-America
    Issue: Disconnected
    IGN: anHilla
    Places: mostly on cities.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,080
    As a west coast player who was on NA-East, I didn't experience a TON of lag, and my ping stood between 110-140 on average, with a bump to 160 or higher during skill usage.
This discussion has been closed.